PDA

View Full Version : The Trouble With Islam

Kathianne
04-03-2007, 06:00 PM
Isn't that a great title? I must say, I was surprised to find this at WSJ:

http://www.opinionjournal.com/editorial/feature.html?id=110009890

The Trouble With Islam
Sadly, mainstream Muslim teaching accepts and promotes violence.

BY TAWFIK HAMID
Tuesday, April 3, 2007 12:01 a.m.

Not many years ago the brilliant Orientalist, Bernard Lewis, published a short history of the Islamic world's decline, entitled "What Went Wrong?" Astonishingly, there was, among many Western "progressives," a vocal dislike for the title. It is a false premise, these critics protested. They ignored Mr. Lewis's implicit statement that things have been, or could be, right.

But indeed, there is much that is clearly wrong with the Islamic world. Women are stoned to death and undergo clitorectomies. Gays hang from the gallows under the approving eyes of the proponents of Shariah, the legal code of Islam. Sunni and Shia massacre each other daily in Iraq. Palestinian mothers teach 3-year-old boys and girls the ideal of martyrdom. One would expect the orthodox Islamic establishment to evade or dismiss these complaints, but less happily, the non-Muslim priests of enlightenment in the West have come, actively and passively, to the Islamists' defense.

These "progressives" frequently cite the need to examine "root causes." In this they are correct: Terrorism is only the manifestation of a disease and not the disease itself. But the root-causes are quite different from what they think. As a former member of Jemaah Islamiya, a group led by al Qaeda's second in command, Ayman al-Zawahiri, I know firsthand that the inhumane teaching in Islamist ideology can transform a young, benevolent mind into that of a terrorist. Without confronting the ideological roots of radical Islam it will be impossible to combat it. While there are many ideological "rootlets" of Islamism, the main tap root has a name--Salafism, or Salafi Islam, a violent, ultra-conservative version of the religion.

It is vital to grasp that traditional and even mainstream Islamic teaching accepts and promotes violence. Shariah, for example, allows apostates to be killed, permits beating women to discipline them, seeks to subjugate non-Muslims to Islam as dhimmis and justifies declaring war to do so. It exhorts good Muslims to exterminate the Jews before the "end of days." The near deafening silence of the Muslim majority against these barbaric practices is evidence enough that there is something fundamentally wrong.

Gaffer
04-03-2007, 07:05 PM
Dr Hamid, like many other former islamist tells it like it is. The libs can spout their pc rhetoric all they want and claim its all due to living conditions but it's not. It's all about islam. And the libs would be the first victims of these monsters. Yet they continue to make excuses for them and appease them. But then a world wide war with crazed islamist takes second place to hating Bush. They must destroy Bush at any cost, even this country.

The libs have the same strategy as iran. The iranians are willing to sacrafice their country to bring about the return of the 12th imam. The libs are willing to sacrafice this country to bring down Bush. They are both on the same page.

Kathianne
04-03-2007, 07:13 PM
Dr Hamid, like many other former islamist tells it like it is. The libs can spout their pc rhetoric all they want and claim its all due to living conditions but it's not. It's all about islam. And the libs would be the first victims of these monsters. Yet they continue to make excuses for them and appease them. But then a world wide war with crazed islamist takes second place to hating Bush. They must destroy Bush at any cost, even this country.

The libs have the same strategy as iran. The iranians are willing to sacrafice their country to bring about the return of the 12th imam. The libs are willing to sacrafice this country to bring down Bush. They are both on the same page.

I think it seems that Britain is 'dealing' to get the hostages released. If such is the case, look for many more hostages to come.

I agree, I heard something from the 'more rational mullah from Iran' to the tune of 'if Iran is hit with a nuclear device, millions will die. If Israel is, they will cease to exist. Iran can afford that...'

Gaffer
04-03-2007, 07:39 PM
I think it seems that Britain is 'dealing' to get the hostages released. If such is the case, look for many more hostages to come.

I agree, I heard something from the 'more rational mullah from Iran' to the tune of 'if Iran is hit with a nuclear device, millions will die. If Israel is, they will cease to exist. Iran can afford that...'

ahmalittlehitler in iran has stated that he will sacrifice most of iran and the middle east to start a war that will bring back the 12th imam. I'm sure by "most" he means everyone but him and his select few. He intends to nuke Israel and take on the US and europe. He doesn't have the military or the ability to nuke more than Israel. But he is IMO trying to inspire muslims around the world to support him and when the balloon goes up he expects all muslims to rise up in their countries and kill all the infidels. A kind of tet offensive on a grand scale.

Gunny
04-03-2007, 08:43 PM
ahmalittlehitler in iran has stated that he will sacrifice most of iran and the middle east to start a war that will bring back the 12th imam. I'm sure by "most" he means everyone but him and his select few. He intends to nuke Israel and take on the US and europe. He doesn't have the military or the ability to nuke more than Israel. But he is IMO trying to inspire muslims around the world to support him and when the balloon goes up he expects all muslims to rise up in their countries and kill all the infidels. A kind of tet offensive on a grand scale.

The thing is, if and when alphabet carries out his plan, the libs around here will be all up in arms about those of us who follow the motto "Don't trust anybody." If I don't trust ANY Muslims, I at least won't have to worry about being backstabbed by one.

Nuc
04-04-2007, 02:26 AM
It is truly bizarre that liberals who generally espouse human rights turn a blind eye to the Islamofaschitheads who respect human rights less than any other major group of people in the world. Wake up hippies!:poke: :fu: :salute: :pee:

04-04-2007, 06:22 AM
It is truly bizarre that liberals who generally espouse human rights turn a blind eye to the Islamofaschitheads who respect human rights less than any other major group of people in the world. Wake up hippies!:poke: :fu: :salute: :pee:

I agree. but then it also shows that they really don't care about the human rights. They just use them for an excuse to justify the methods they are using for their true purposes.

Gaffer
04-04-2007, 10:46 AM
I agree. but then it also shows that they really don't care about the human rights. They just use them for an excuse to justify the methods they are using for their true purposes.

Now that statement is SOOOOO on the mark.

04-04-2007, 08:10 PM
Now that statement is SOOOOO on the mark.

I agree. I wouldn't have said it otherwise;) It just seems to me that if you really care about something you dont ignore it when its convenient politically. That makes it pretty clear that you dont really care about it, its just a pretext.