PDA

View Full Version : Do Women Like Naked Men?

Nienna
04-03-2007, 06:15 PM
Ladies' turn!
What's the very FIRST thing that attracts you to a man? You can list other stuff, too.

The very first thing that attracted me to my husband was his work ethic. Seriously. Intelligence is a big one. Kindness & consideration. Those are the top things for me.

Then, "chemistry." Like -Cp's article said, it can't be defined; it's just there, or it isn't.

Then looks. I am not very picky about that. I don't like men that are shorter or smaller than I am. It would probably take a bit more personality to get me attracted to a man who had a large physical deformity of some kind.

So, that's it. Other ladies' opinions?

darin
04-03-2007, 06:18 PM
Sorry to butt-in...but it'll save time.

Girls like cars and money.

Mr. P
04-03-2007, 06:46 PM
Ladies' turn!
What's the very FIRST thing that attracts you to a man? You can list other stuff, too.

The very first thing that attracted me to my husband was his work ethic. Seriously. Intelligence is a big one. Kindness & consideration. Those are the top things for me.

Then, "chemistry." Like -Cp's article said, it can't be defined; it's just there, or it isn't.

Then looks. I am not very picky about that. I don't like men that are shorter or smaller than I am. It would probably take a bit more personality to get me attracted to a man who had a large physical deformity of some kind.

It's too bad that 25 years ago you were most likely in diapers and in Ohio.:laugh2: What a DOLL!:2up:

Nienna
04-03-2007, 06:54 PM

Cars...eh? Money helps. But it's not everything. :)

Nienna
04-03-2007, 06:55 PM
It's too bad that 25 years ago you were most likely in diapers and in Ohio.:laugh2: What a DOLL!:2up:

Mr. P... you're just so SWEET! :)

5stringJeff
04-03-2007, 07:29 PM
I don't like men that are shorter or smaller than I am.

Did I ever mention that I'm 6'4", 210 lbs.? :D

Kathianne
04-03-2007, 07:32 PM
Ladies' turn!

It used to be 'brains', as measured by degrees. I did learn that lesson. Now I'll say it's keeping me amused, politics, and kindness.

krisy
04-03-2007, 08:01 PM
I have always like men that were a little more rugged. Preppy types do nothing for me. I like men that just wear jeans and t shirts. This pretty much describes my one and only!! Guys with brown or darker hair for some reason too. I don't dislike blonds,but I tend to notice a darker haired guy more.

I like wittiness to a man too. Someone that can come back with a good one liner. Also,a man that likes kids is a huge turn on!!! There is something very "sweet" about it.

I don't think money is an issue for a descent woman. It has never meant anything to me. As long as he works hard.

Kathianne
04-03-2007, 08:05 PM
I have always like men that were a little more rugged. Preppy types do nothing for me. I like men that just wear jeans and t shirts. This pretty much describes my one and only!! Guys with brown or darker hair for some reason too. I don't dislike blonds,but I tend to notice a darker haired guy more.

I like wittiness to a man too. Someone that can come back with a good one liner. Also,a man that likes kids is a huge turn on!!! There is something very "sweet" about it.

I don't think money is an issue for a descent woman. It has never meant anything to me. As long as he works hard.

I agree with much of what you write. I like a guy that's comfortable in both formal and informal. A sense of humor is imperative. So it being kind, meaning not over critical-of himself or others. I like guys in suits or jeans, as long as they are comfortable being in their own skin.

darin
04-03-2007, 08:41 PM
Women want a man who will love them unconditionally. Men want a woman who will respect them the same. Problem is, a large number of women are too scared to respect a man (thanks to NOW, etc), and Men are too bull-headed to love.

krisy
04-03-2007, 08:48 PM
Women want a man who will love them unconditionally. Men want a woman who will respect them the same. Problem is, a large number of women are too scared to respect a man (thanks to NOW, etc), and Men are too bull-headed to love.

I think you hit it right on,d. Women do want unconditional love,and trust is very important. I think(more than they will let on) men want to be appreciated for what they do. they need encouragement as much as we do!!!

Kathianne
04-03-2007, 08:49 PM

You are onto something here. Men, at least those I've met, tend to be over critical, of themselves, their partners and utter strangers. Women are different. I know, that is PROFOUND. LOL! While we can be hard on ourselves, we'll tend to make all sorts of excuses for our 'mates.' Then kabam, they can do nothing right. Problem is, they weren't perfect in the beginning and not demons after. There is something between, odds are closer to the beginning than after.

darin
04-03-2007, 09:24 PM
I think you hit it right on,d. Women do want unconditional love,and trust is very important. I think(more than they will let on) men want to be appreciated for what they do. they need encouragement as much as we do!!!

http://www.amazon.com/Love-Respect-Desires-Desperately-Needs/dp/1591451876

Buy it. Read it. Know it. Nienna sent me to that book. Mary and I are reading it. There are blurs where I'm more like the 'typical woman' in the book, and she the man (she stonewalls, I wanna DEAL with emotions, etc)...but it's very helpful and junk.

:)

Kathianne
04-03-2007, 09:27 PM

Buy it. Read it. Know it. Nienna sent me to that book. Mary and I are reading it. There are blurs where I'm more like the 'typical woman' in the book, and she the man (she stonewalls, I wanna DEAL with emotions, etc)...but it's very helpful and junk.

Thanks, looks good.

krisy
04-03-2007, 09:32 PM

I'll look into it,d

Wow!! You wanna deal with emotion? Your wife is a lucky woman. That can be a hard find in a man.

Our preacher at our church told my mom something interesting years ago. He said that he thinks most of the couples he married loved each other,but didn't fall "in love" until growing with each other throughout the marriage. One thing is for sure,a couple defintiely grows together,especially if they get married young. I never knew how much we would mature through our twenties and into thirties.

KitchenKitten99
04-03-2007, 09:59 PM

not all girls go for just that. Tim had a part time job at a nursing home as a dishwasher and his car was an '83 Olds station wagon.

04-03-2007, 10:49 PM

well then screw NOW (figuratively speaking) and lets get back to Gospel principles of relationships between men and women.

04-03-2007, 10:50 PM
not all girls go for just that. Tim had a part time job at a nursing home as a dishwasher and his car was an '83 Olds station wagon.

Ah but he still had a car and some money

Abbey Marie
04-03-2007, 11:01 PM
It used to be 'brains', as measured by degrees. I did learn that lesson. Now I'll say it's keeping me amused, politics, and kindness.

That's very close to my list, Kath. If he doesn't make me laugh, we're not going to happen. And since you have to be smart to be truly funny, that's covered. My husband also attracted me right away with his "good soul", as I call it.

Nienna
04-04-2007, 06:05 AM
I want to revise my list a little. Not that you all care, but I can be slightly anal. :)

#1 is Integrity. If you can't trust a man, what good is he. If he isn't HONEST, how can you admire or respect him?

...then all the rest of the stuff I said before.

And Abbey, you're absolutely right. You have to be able to laugh together. Very important.

krisy
04-04-2007, 06:09 AM
I want to revise my list a little. Not that you all care, but I can be slightly anal. :)

#1 is Integrity. If you can't trust a man, what good is he. If he isn't HONEST, how can you admire or respect him?

...then all the rest of the stuff I said before.

And Abbey, you're absolutely right. You have to be able to laugh together. Very important.

Definitely!! That goes for a man and a woman. Trust is imperative.

SassyLady
04-04-2007, 06:28 AM
Met my hubby in night school so I knew he was committed to furthering his knowledge - very important to me to be with someone that wants to improve themselves continuously.

Then he looked across the room and smiled - beautiful, warm smile that comes from within and lights up his beautiful blue eyes. Heard him talking about his mother and with such respect and admiration and I knew this was a man that respected women.

And all this before he stood up!!! After that I was a goner. Military bearing, triathlete (lean firm body), 6'1 and 190 pounds. When we walked out to our vehicles and I saw that he was driving an old, red, beat up pickup truck - can't love a man without a pickup truck.

Caused an earthquake when I fell........and I fell hard. Both of us knew we were going to be married as soon as it was reasonable.

He was an E-7 when we met and he's a CSM now and it's only been 14 years. He also built my house (over 2000 sq. ft.) with the help of just one friend and myself. No outside contractors for anything but the texturing of the ceiling and walls.

He's smart, good looking, successful, hard working and has the most optimistic attitude of anyone I've ever met in my life!!

Oh - and he was dead-ass broke when we met......no money and no car!
Good thing he was smart enough to listen to me about finances and now we are a sappy/happy couple.:dance:

darin
04-04-2007, 06:45 AM
I'll look into it,d

Wow!! You wanna deal with emotion? Your wife is a lucky woman. That can be a hard find in a man.

No - actually, it's probably the thing about me which bothers her most. :(

:-/

darin
04-04-2007, 06:47 AM
well then screw NOW (figuratively speaking) and lets get back to Gospel principles of relationships between men and women.

:D People are afraid - you know that. People's ego's are fragile - when they admit God, and accept truth it'd mean they are somehow 'less than' perfect.

04-04-2007, 06:53 AM
Met my hubby in night school so I knew he was committed to furthering his knowledge - very important to me to be with someone that wants to improve themselves continuously.

Then he looked across the room and smiled - beautiful, warm smile that comes from within and lights up his beautiful blue eyes. Heard him talking about his mother and with such respect and admiration and I knew this was a man that respected women.

And all this before he stood up!!! After that I was a goner. Military bearing, triathlete (lean firm body), 6'1 and 190 pounds. When we walked out to our vehicles and I saw that he was driving an old, red, beat up pickup truck - can't love a man without a pickup truck.

Caused an earthquake when I fell........and I fell hard. Both of us knew we were going to be married as soon as it was reasonable.

He was an E-7 when we met and he's a CSM now and it's only been 14 years. He also built my house (over 2000 sq. ft.) with the help of just one friend and myself. No outside contractors for anything but the texturing of the ceiling and walls.

He's smart, good looking, successful, hard working and has the most optimistic attitude of anyone I've ever met in my life!!

Good thing he was smart enough to listen to me about finances and now we are a sappy/happy couple.:dance:

Oh... So YOU caused the Tsunami:-p jk

04-04-2007, 06:54 AM
:D People are afraid - you know that. People's ego's are fragile - when they admit God, and accept truth it'd mean they are somehow 'less than' perfect.

If people are so prideful, their egos deserve to be broken.

darin
04-04-2007, 07:07 AM

E7's aren't broke! :D

Abbey Marie
04-04-2007, 10:53 AM
MrsKP forgot to mention how great she looks! :)

04-04-2007, 11:27 AM
MrsKP forgot to mention how great she looks! :)

How great does she look?

KitchenKitten99
04-04-2007, 12:13 PM

We are so alike! I like the same things. While the sharp-dressed business man is very attractive, they tend to be selfish and shallow. If only they could all be like 'Edward' in "Pretty Woman"... I prefer a laid-back country boy to a city dweller. They're not afraid to live life simple and relaxed.

I love a witty comedian. If a guy can make me laugh, he has me as a friend for life, regardless as to where it leads from there. That is how Tim got me. He just kept making jokes, and his deadpan humor keeps me smiling.

Hair color isn't a big deal for me, but I agree with you that the dark hair is noticeable. I think there's something exotic about it, maybe because dark hair has long been associated with foreign guys with dreamy accents? Oh, an Italian or Australian accent... :thumb:

I think though, the physical feature that attracts me is a good, thick, upper torso. The shape of their neck, back, and shoulders and how their shirt sits on them is what is attractive. But I don't like the bodybuilder types. I like a little pudge, even more than a little. As long as they are not grossly overweight, I think some guys look good with a bit of a belly.

-Cp
04-04-2007, 12:22 PM
I find it funny that none of the women will directly answer the simple yes or no question posed by the topic of this thread....

Instead, they bloviate about other stuff they like or dislike about men which has nothing to do with the question at hand...

Abbey Marie
04-04-2007, 12:41 PM
I find it funny that none of the women will directly answer the simple yes or no question posed by the topic of this thread....

Instead, they bloviate about other stuff they like or dislike about men which has nothing to do with the question at hand...

Bloviate? Hmmph!
Nienna's post asks what first attracts us to men. We are answering her actual question.

But I will answer your question this way: When I see a man walking down the street with his shirt off, approx. 90-95% of the time I wish he would put it back on. As for the other 5-10% who actually look good shirtless, if I think they are showing off, it's kind of a turn off anyway. :dunno:

-Cp
04-04-2007, 12:48 PM
Bloviate? Hmmph!
Nienna's post asks what first attracts us to men. We are answering her actual question.

But I will answer your question this way: When I see a man walking down the street with his shirt off, approx. 90-95% of the time I wish he would put it back on. As for the other 5-10% who actually look good shirtless, if I think they are showing off, it's kind of a turn off anyway. :dunno:

The first question she asks (which is also the topic of this thread) is: "Do Women Like Naked Men?".... :)

Abbey Marie
04-04-2007, 12:50 PM
The first question she asks (which is also the topic of this thread) is: "Do Women Like Naked Men?".... :)

That's just the thread title; her actual question is in the post. :salute:

Nienna
04-04-2007, 12:51 PM

See, all the women got my REAL question... it takes a man to get hung up on the nudity issue.

FOR -CP:
Question: Do women like naked men?
My Answer: Only certain men, in certain circumstances.

-Cp
04-04-2007, 01:21 PM
See, all the women got my REAL question... it takes a man to get hung up on the nudity issue.

FOR -CP:
Question: Do women like naked men?
My Answer: Only certain men, in certain circumstances.

I can't help it women can't read..... Wasn't "hung up at all"... As with any topic on this forum, it's good to get people to stick with the topic at hand and not drift off... :)

darin
04-04-2007, 01:57 PM
Women tend to READ INTO things, Brother. :) It's their nature.

Mr. P
04-04-2007, 02:05 PM
Women tend to READ INTO things, Brother. :) It's their nature.

They think in code, and write in code too.

Nienna
04-04-2007, 02:45 PM

CX57 SPATZ SPATZ

You got that, Abbey?

;)

darin
04-04-2007, 03:01 PM

No they don't. Women are very easy to understand. You just need to listen. :)

5stringJeff
CX57 SPATZ SPATZ

Hey! I did not!!! :mad:

:D

Abbey Marie
CX57 SPATZ SPATZ

You got that, Abbey?

;)

Sorry, Nienna. I can only read English. :laugh2:

Funny how the men think they know what you were asking better than you do, and better than your actual words indicate. ;)

darin
04-04-2007, 03:02 PM

Funny how the men think they know what you were asking better than you do, and better than your actual words indicate. ;)

I know women. I 'almost' always know what my wife is trying to say. Sometimes I know better than she, what she's trying to communicate as the cause of something, good OR bad.

Nienna
04-04-2007, 03:04 PM

Or at least they know what they think we SHOULD be asking. :)

Mr. P
04-04-2007, 03:48 PM
I know women. I 'almost' always know what my wife is trying to say. Sometimes I know better than she, what she's trying to communicate as the cause of something, good OR bad.

Perfect.

Abbey Marie
04-04-2007, 03:58 PM
Nienna, Mr. P thinks we have trouble communicating clearly.

Geez, I wonder how I passed those two bar exams, and wrote and edited a software magazine for many years? :coffee:

Said1
04-04-2007, 05:15 PM
Looks
Personality (this includes character, chemistry, morals etc)
sense of humor

04-04-2007, 05:48 PM

Geez, I wonder how I passed those two bar exams, and wrote and edited a software magazine for many years? :coffee:

low cleavage? jk

Nienna
04-04-2007, 05:53 PM

Indeed. In standardized tests growing up, I consistently scored in the top 1-2% in verbal abilities.

But, like Avatar said, maybe it was my nine-year-old cleavage that did the trick.
;)

Dilloduck
04-04-2007, 07:47 PM
Indeed. In standardized tests growing up, I consistently scored in the top 1-2% in verbal abilities.

But, like Avatar said, maybe it was my nine-year-old cleavage that did the trick.
;)

You had cleavage at 9 ? That explains a lot !! :dance:

04-04-2007, 08:21 PM

;)

Never mentioned your cleavage;) lol

besides knowing words and definitions doesnt mean you can communicate effectively. there is also body language. etc.

manu1959
04-04-2007, 09:19 PM
tip of thumb to tip of pinky.....9"

Psychoblues
04-05-2007, 05:04 AM
Women like men that can get their (the women's)twats wet with only a touch on the arm or a kiss on the neck or any other form of casual communication.

That's pretty much it.

Shallow, but satisfactory in the breeding process.

krisy
04-06-2007, 01:32 PM
Women like men that can get their (the women's)twats wet with only a touch on the arm or a kiss on the neck or any other form of casual communication.

That's pretty much it.

:laugh2:

psycho,you are hilarious

I think most women probably like naked men.....but the same as with men toward women,women find a man just as sexy clothed. A man in a military uniform,or baseball uniform is just as sexy to me as a naked one:laugh2:

I don't know why,but that kind of stuff is very attractive to me

Dilloduck
04-06-2007, 01:37 PM

psycho,you are hilarious

I think most women probably like naked men.....but the same as with men toward women,women find a man just as sexy clothed. A man in a military uniform,or baseball uniform is just as sexy to me as a naked one:laugh2:

Symbols of a mans' power would naturally be quite attractive to a woman ,wouldn't they?

krisy
04-06-2007, 01:42 PM
Symbols of a mans' power would naturally be quite attractive to a woman ,wouldn't they?

I think so. I bet the women form NOW would be all over me for that one.

Something aabout a uniform....

Dilloduck
04-06-2007, 01:55 PM
I think so. I bet the women form NOW would be all over me for that one.

Something aabout a uniform....

Easy girl-----your gonna have every guy here putting one on. !! :laugh2:

darin
04-06-2007, 02:04 PM

That's pretty much it.

You're a piece of Crap. :)

Nienna
04-06-2007, 02:52 PM

psycho,you are hilarious

Uniforms are hot. But I like sweats, too, or t-shirts, especially gray. They're just so snuggly.

LiberalNation
04-06-2007, 02:54 PM
Guys hmmm......lots of money + somone you can stand to be around for more than a few seconds.

darin
04-06-2007, 02:55 PM
Uniforms are hot. But I like sweats, too, or t-shirts, especially gray. They're just so snuggly.

/me changes my name to gray sweats.

krisy
04-06-2007, 05:11 PM
Guys hmmm......lots of money + somone you can stand to be around for more than a few seconds.

LN-I know your young and I hope your kidding. Sure you want a guy that works and does his best,but lots of money is absolutely meaningless in a relationship. There are so many more important things and money cannot make you feel a certain way about a man.

LiberalNation
04-06-2007, 05:46 PM
No but if he shares his money with me it will mean a lot in a relationship. I'm not into most guys but if a millionaire comes along I can definitely compromise. Maybe it wouldn't be love but as long as you can stand the person it wouldn't be so bad.

04-06-2007, 05:50 PM
No but if he shares his money with me it will mean a lot in a relationship. I'm not into most guys but if a millionaire comes along I can definitely compromise. Maybe it wouldn't be love but as long as you can stand the person it wouldn't be so bad.

yeah... wouldnt being with a guy because of money be prostitution?

Kathianne
04-06-2007, 05:50 PM

I have to agree with Krisy. While poverty is definately a turn off, a well to do spouse that you don't love or that doesn't love you will not make you happy. 'Stuff' or even 'security' will not suffice.

LiberalNation
04-06-2007, 05:52 PM
yeah... wouldnt being with a guy because of money be prostitution?
Not as long as that money isn't paid in straight cash for specific or solely sex.

LiberalNation
04-06-2007, 05:53 PM
I have to agree with Krisy. While poverty is definately a turn off, a well to do spouse that you don't love or that doesn't love you will not make you happy. 'Stuff' or even 'security' will not suffice.

Well you can always find love on the side if you're that lonely.

Kathianne
04-06-2007, 05:56 PM
Well you can always find love on the side if you're that lonely.

Ever hear of a prenup?

Dilloduck
04-06-2007, 06:12 PM
Ladies' turn!

and this thread has what to do with naked men ? :poke:

LiberalNation
04-06-2007, 06:17 PM
Ever hear of a prenup?
So. If you want the money enough to stay faithfull then you wouldn't cheat and risk a divorce.

Mr. P
04-06-2007, 06:18 PM

I thought Pamela Anderson just died.

Kathianne
04-06-2007, 06:19 PM
So. If you want the money enough to stay faithfull then you wouldn't cheat and risk a divorce.

I wouldn't knowingly get involved in a relationship where I was going into it, figuring I could 'get something on the side.' Not worth it.

LiberalNation
04-06-2007, 06:19 PM
No she didn't. You might be thinking Anna Nicole Smith.

LiberalNation
04-06-2007, 06:20 PM
I wouldn't knowingly get involved in a relationship where I was going into it, figuring I could 'get something on the side.' Not worth it.

It is if you want money and love but the person you're dating doesn't have both. Might not last forever but you'd have a great ride for a time.

Kathianne
04-06-2007, 06:28 PM
It is if you want money and love but the person you're dating doesn't have both. Might not last forever but you'd have a great ride for a time.

I'd say that's more true of 'loving one without money.' It might not last, but make some great memories.

Now the best would be finding someone you are head over heels in love with, that also has lots of $$$. That would be good. But money without love, run.

Dilloduck
04-06-2007, 06:34 PM

You were right but unfortunately you didn't save any time ! :coffee:

Trigg
04-06-2007, 07:42 PM

Well obviously your looking for a man who will provide for you. On the other hand don't go looking for only money. Donald Trump has all the money in the world, but there's no way I'd spend the rest of my life with him just to get my hands on it.

Going through life without experiencing love and mutual respect is a lonely existance.

Trigg
04-06-2007, 07:44 PM

Girls may like cars and money, but women want respect and loyalty.

Said1
04-06-2007, 07:53 PM

I thought you were a lesbian?

Dilloduck
04-06-2007, 08:00 PM
Girls may like cars and money, but women want respect and loyalty.

Respect and loyalty from a naked guy with money? :laugh2:

LiberalNation
04-06-2007, 08:00 PM
I thought you were a lesbian?
Sure but if I a guy comes along that's rich enough I could compromise. Everything doesn't have to be set in stone.

Said1
04-06-2007, 08:14 PM
Sure but if I a guy comes along that's rich enough I could compromise. Everything doesn't have to be set in stone.

That's right, you're the fake liberal/gold digging/bis-sexual canoe licker.

Mr. P
04-06-2007, 08:15 PM

Kid, love, true love and commitment, are something you NEVER compromise.
You can take that to the bank!

LiberalNation
04-06-2007, 08:16 PM
lol okay.

Fake, who's fake.

Mr. P
04-06-2007, 08:18 PM

I love canoes! :cheers2:

Dilloduck
04-06-2007, 08:23 PM
I love canoes! :cheers2:

:laugh2: :laugh2: canoe licker !! I'm still waiting to see if women like naked men and now we yacking about canoe lickers !! :lol:

04-06-2007, 08:39 PM
I thought Pamela Anderson just died.

not that i know of...

04-06-2007, 08:41 PM
Well obviously your looking for a man who will provide for you. On the other hand don't go looking for only money. Donald Trump has all the money in the world, but there's no way I'd spend the rest of my life with him just to get my hands on it.

Going through life without experiencing love and mutual respect is a lonely existance.

well youd only have to spend the rest of his life with him. :dev2: :dev2:

shattered
04-06-2007, 09:06 PM

Upon sight? A nice body, and well chiseled arms. :D

Sight unseen? A sense of humor (tho it has to match mine).

Package those with brains, and a good sense of right/wrong, and I'm in.

Psychoblues
04-07-2007, 01:40 AM
I don't think much of you either, dmp.

You're a piece of Crap. :)

Are you getting into the conversation or are you just here to insult me? Or,,,,maybe you're the one who is just "a piece of crap"?

04-07-2007, 02:07 AM
I don't think much of you either, dmp.

Are you getting into the conversation or are you just here to insult me? Or,,,,maybe you're the one who is just "a piece of crap"?

Treat women with respect and he wouldnt have to insult you.

SassyLady
04-09-2007, 08:04 PM
E7's aren't broke! :D

They are when they have an ex-wife, two children - paying alimony, child support and gave her the house and everything but his old red Ford pickup!!