PDA

View Full Version : Who on earth has the time, or the energy for that matter, for 'gourmet sex'?

-Cp
03-26-2009, 12:45 PM
LOL!

At least in my mind's eye, my husband and I don't live in a cottage with children stuffed into every conceivable space constantly clamouring for our attention.

In my ideal world, the one I wish we could sometimes inhabit, we have space.

We have time and energy and privacy. In this fantasy world, when we go to bed, we don't get disturbed by one of our children (which we do on a nightly basis).

No one has a cold/feels sick/can't sleep.

No one wanders in to our room, silently padding in and then standing at the bottom of our bed, staring at us in a wide-eyed fashion that totally freaks me out.

No, in my romantic dream world, my husband and I can go to bed at whatever time we want, make as much noise as we want, laugh, shout, giggle and whoop.

When we get in to our bed, we will not have to share it with a child/ plastic car/squeaky toy that has been left there. No. In my dreams, we have all the time and space we want in which to do anything and everything we may want to do.

But the reality is, we have four children ranging in age from two to 12. We live in an ancient, rackety old house that seems to echo even when you are not moving a muscle.

If you make even so much as a squeak, everyone can hear you. We are the same as any married couple with children. We juggle our lives, our careers, our family.

My day, like that of most women, is taken up with ironing school uniforms, making packed lunches, doing school runs and fitting in work in the evening and early morning.

Read the rest:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-1164908/Who-earth-time-energy-matter-gourmet-sex.html

PostmodernProphet
03-26-2009, 03:54 PM
My day, like that of most women, is taken up with ironing school uniforms,

all she has to do is WEAR one of them from time to time and she would HAVE gourmet sex......

-Cp
03-26-2009, 04:20 PM
all she has to do is WEAR one of them from time to time and she would HAVE gourmet sex......

LOL - Exactly!!

Personally, I find women that use the kids/family/whatever as an excuse to NOT have gourmet sex are shortchanging themselves and ultimately their husbands. It's no wonder why men cheat on women like this... Not saying they should or that it's justified - just saying I understand.. .:)