PDA

View Full Version : vigil held for cop killer

Trigg
03-27-2009, 07:00 AM
I actually saw this on O'Reilly last night and was absolutely floored. HOW can a group of people actually march in support of this murderer????? He shot 2 cops for pulling him over on a ROUTINE traffic stop and then killed two more when they were attempting to arrest him.

The only thing I can say is at least he's dead and the state won't have to support his ass for the next 50 years.

If you watch the video they actually call him a hero. Disgusting.

As the city prepares for a massive public funeral for four police officers slain in the line of duty, dozens took to the streets in a show of support for the man authorities say was their killer.

Organized by International People's Democratic Uhuru Movement, the march Wednesday evening took participants near a police substation within sight of the two locations where Lovelle Mixon allegedly shot the veteran officers before being slain himself.

Loved ones and supporters walked through the streets chanting, "OPD you can't hide, we charge you with genocide!"

http://cbs2.com/local/Oakland.police.shootings.2.968154.html

sgtdmski
03-27-2009, 07:14 AM
Mixon's cousin, Dolores Darnell, 26, addressed the small crowd, calling him:

"a true hero, a soldier."

"This is the real Lovelle," she said, holding a picture of a smiling Mixon with his wife. "We do apologize for what he did to the officers' families. But he's not a monster."

Authorities say a day before the shooting the 26-year-old fugitive parolee was linked by DNA to the February rape of a 12-year-old girl who was dragged off the street at gunpoint.

Not a monster. I see, well if raping a 12-year old does not make one a monster I wonder what does in the eyes of Ms. Darnell?

I understand that there are bad feeling between the police and the community in some areas of California, but hell this is ridiculous. It is attitudes just like this that get young blacks shot by the police in the first damn place.

dmk

Trigg
03-27-2009, 07:27 AM
Not a monster. I see, well if raping a 12-year old does not make one a monster I wonder what does in the eyes of Ms. Darnell?

I understand that there are bad feeling between the police and the community in some areas of California, but hell this is ridiculous. It is attitudes just like this that get young blacks shot by the police in the first damn place.

dmk

Seriously what other group of people would march in support of a murdering rapist??????

03-27-2009, 04:37 PM
I see crazy stuff in the criminal system, but this surprises even me. I heard about this and i just cant fathom someone killing four cops and raping someone and getting sympathy.

But then again, People supported Hitler.

Immanuel
03-27-2009, 06:00 PM
Seriously what other group of people would march in support of a murdering rapist??????

The KKK and yes, I am comparing the Uhuru movement to the KKK. They are not as well known, but, racists need not be well known to be racists.

Immie

Trigg
03-27-2009, 06:07 PM
The KKK and yes, I am comparing the Uhuru movement to the KKK. They are not as well known, but, racists need not be well known to be racists.

Immie

I hadn't heard of this group until this story.

I will say that at least when the KKK marches the counter demonstrators outnumber them 10 to one.

NO ONE demonstrated against this group.

Are they that accepted in the black community???

Immanuel
03-27-2009, 07:50 PM
I hadn't heard of this group until this story.

I will say that at least when the KKK marches the counter demonstrators outnumber them 10 to one.

NO ONE demonstrated against this group.

Are they that accepted in the black community???

I had never heard of them either until I moved to Tampa. There is a "chapter" or should I say gang of them in St. Petersburg and they were making the news around here quite a bit a few years ago. The first I heard of them was when there was the shooting of a young black man by the police. I believe the outcome of the police internal investigation was that the shooting was justified... but take that with a grain of salt. The Uhuru movement started several riots after words.

Of course, according to the movement the shooting was my fault because I am white.

Immie

-Cp
03-27-2009, 09:31 PM
I actually saw this on O'Reilly last night and was absolutely floored. HOW can a group of people actually march in support of this murderer????? He shot 2 cops for pulling him over on a ROUTINE traffic stop and then killed two more when they were attempting to arrest him.

The only thing I can say is at least he's dead and the state won't have to support his ass for the next 50 years.

If you watch the video they actually call him a hero. Disgusting.

I posted videos on this here:

http://www.debatepolicy.com/showthread.php?t=22119

sgtdmski
03-28-2009, 04:41 AM
This is why we can't move forward with race relations.

Anytime an incident involves people of two different races, these people want to claim racism. What a frakking joke.

dmk

April15
03-28-2009, 07:04 PM
Sadly there are people so ignorant as to not understand that the man, mixon, was garbage regardless of race. As the previous poster said,"This is why we can't move forward with race relations.

Anytime an incident involves people of two different races, these people want to claim racism."

Kathianne
03-28-2009, 07:05 PM
Sadly there are people so ignorant as to not understand that the man, mixon, was garbage regardless of race. As the previous poster said,"This is why we can't move forward with race relations.

Anytime an incident involves people of two different races, these people want to claim racism."

What's a mixon?

April15
03-28-2009, 07:07 PM
What's a mixon?Mixon is the last name of the killer.

Kathianne
03-28-2009, 07:07 PM
Mixon is the last name of the killer.

Thank you. I often read through too quickly.

April15
03-28-2009, 07:53 PM
Thank you. I often read through too quickly.It is a name to be missed/forgotten!

Trigg
03-29-2009, 01:36 PM
I came across this video from O'Reilly taking on the organizers of the march.

I feel sorry for the Mayor he's probably going to be called a sellout for his views.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_k7JUvAd28A

April15
03-29-2009, 09:09 PM
Wille Brown is right on the money. He deplores the protest that supported the Felonious Mixon.