PDA

View Full Version : The book our President is reading..

stephanie
03-27-2009, 09:02 AM
http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m268/alaskamomma/obamazakaria.jpg

glockmail
03-27-2009, 09:05 AM
I don't have a problem with the guy reading a book that appears to be slanted against the US. I've read plenty myself in order to get the Democrat perspective.

Jeff
03-27-2009, 09:19 AM
I don't have a problem with the guy reading a book that appears to be slanted against the US. I've read plenty myself in order to get the Democrat perspective.

LOL

I guess this book is better than his own , he could be reading about the "typical white person"

PostmodernProphet
03-27-2009, 10:38 AM
are you guys familiar with the book?....I haven't read it, but B&N had this review....

"October 09, 2008: An excellent book about how the "rise of the rest" (China, India and other nations in the developing world) impacts the world and the US position in it. Often books like these skew towards bashing the US and painting a overly dim view of us as Americans and our future. However, in this case Zakaria does an excellent job of explaining how the US came to dominate the world politically, economically and militarily and what aspects of our national character and culture can be harnessed to return our country to that position."

that doesn't necessarily sound like a book slanted against the US.....

moderate democrat
03-27-2009, 10:42 AM
are you guys familiar with the book?....I haven't read it, but B&N had this review....

"October 09, 2008: An excellent book about how the "rise of the rest" (China, India and other nations in the developing world) impacts the world and the US position in it. Often books like these skew towards bashing the US and painting a overly dim view of us as Americans and our future. However, in this case Zakaria does an excellent job of explaining how the US came to dominate the world politically, economically and militarily and what aspects of our national character and culture can be harnessed to return our country to that position."

that doesn't necessarily sound like a book slanted against the US.....

I think that when they say it "appears to be slanted against the US", that is a literal statement which may have to do with the angle that Obama is holding it, or, at best, it has to do with the words on the cover. Not exactly insightful, I would say. ;)

03-27-2009, 04:39 PM
It is interesting reading.

Atleast he isnt reading The Communist Manifesto.

stephanie
03-27-2009, 04:42 PM
It is interesting reading.

Atleast he isnt reading The Communist Manifesto.

He probably already has.:coffee:

03-27-2009, 04:44 PM

I've always been curious when Presidents find time to read considering the work load they have.

stephanie
03-27-2009, 04:47 PM
I'm wondering IF this President works..he's on T.V. everyday..sheesh

Jeff
03-28-2009, 07:25 AM
I've always been curious when Presidents find time to read considering the work load they have.

Clinton found plenty of time to um , well lets say play in the oval office with Monica

Yurt
03-28-2009, 07:28 AM
I'm wondering IF this President works..he's on T.V. everyday..sheesh

i'm not sure he has worked one day...he is though working full time on campaigning

bullypulpit
03-28-2009, 07:47 AM

Where did George W. Bush, the "war president", find the time to spend 977 days on vacation?

bullypulpit
03-28-2009, 07:50 AM

Reading the dense, torturous prose of Marx and Engles does not make one a communist anymore than reading the Bible makes one a Christian. Having read both, I have found myself unconvinced by any of the arguments contained therein.

Yurt
03-28-2009, 12:37 PM
Reading the dense, torturous prose of Marx and Engles does not make one a communist anymore than reading the Bible makes one a Christian. Having read both, I have found myself unconvinced by any of the arguments contained therein.

so there is not ONE single thing you agree that is written in the bible?

stephanie
03-28-2009, 12:44 PM

Okey dokey, dearie

Binky
03-28-2009, 12:58 PM

I was sitting actually wondering that myself. When do they find the time to just sit and read a chapter or two? Oh.....let me take a stab at this........Let's see....oh yeah.....on the john while clearing his brain.

stephanie
03-28-2009, 01:08 PM
Where did George W. Bush, the "war president", find the time to spend 977 days on vacation?

george bush george bush george bush george bush george bush george bush.
there, you can now post six posts without geroge bush in it, I already did it for ya..
:thumb:

bullypulpit
03-28-2009, 05:00 PM
so there is not ONE single thing you agree that is written in the bible?

Nothing that would convince me to become a Christian...

Yurt
03-28-2009, 06:12 PM
Nothing that would convince me to become a Christian...

thanks for clarifying....and admitting the bible has truths in it