PDA

View Full Version : Era of spend and blame

Trigg
03-27-2009, 09:26 AM
Love this NY Post article.

After running a campaign against the $1 trillion deficit he "inherited" from President Bush and the Republicans, Obama quickly matched it. During his first 50 days in office, he and his Democratic-controlled Congress spent $1 billion an hour.

Under Obama's proposed budget, the overall national debt doubles in five years and triples in 10.

Not exactly "moving from an era of borrow and spend to one where we save and invest," as he promised.

How does Mr. Responsibility explain the disconnect between this reality and his absurd claims? By insisting that Republicans were worse.

http://www.nypost.com/seven/03272009/news/columnists/new_era_of_spend__blame_161557.htm

How the tides have turned. :laugh2:

I especially like some of the comments.

jerseydan ..... how's that whole hopey, changey thing working out for you? Is your 'saviour' paying your mortgage and filling your gas tank yet? Has he increased your welfare payment yet? has he taken your hard earned pay and given it to your neighbor yet? he will. Why is it that some people just can't see the forest fire through the trees that remain? you're an idiot!

How long is it going to take for these empty-headed democratic voters to realize they've been had? Too bad we all have to pay for it.

Jagger
03-27-2009, 12:35 PM
During his first 50 days in office, he and his Democratic-controlled Congress spent $1 billion an hour. What did they spend $1.2 Trillion on in 50 days?

Nukeman
03-27-2009, 12:53 PM
What did they spend $1.2 Trillion on in 50 days?
You tell us!!!!! All we know is that they set aside that money for a number of pet projects to "stimulate" the economy!!!!

emmett
03-27-2009, 12:58 PM

I usually don't respond to your rhetoric but I have to say........that is a damn good question! What DID they spend 1.2 T on in 50 days. I know this, you could fit in very small grocery bag!

Trigg
03-27-2009, 01:07 PM

What's wrong, don't like that the liberal media is finally ending its love affair with bambam? :laugh2:

Jagger
03-27-2009, 01:28 PM
You tell us!!!!! All we know is that they set aside that money for a number of pet projects to "stimulate" the economy!!!!

You have yet to established that they actually spent $1.2 Trillion.

How much did they spend on the 31st day and what was it spent on?

Jagger
03-27-2009, 01:30 PM
the liberal media is finally ending its love affair
What liberal media?

Jagger
03-27-2009, 01:32 PM
I usually don't respond to your rhetoric but I have to say........that is a damn good question! What DID they spend 1.2 T on in 50 days. I know this, you could fit in very small grocery bag!

I'll take that to mean you don't know what they spent the money on or if they actually spent the amount you allege.

Trigg
03-27-2009, 06:12 PM
What liberal media?

:lame2:

your a joke, you get that right?

Jagger
03-27-2009, 09:12 PM
After running a campaign against the $1 trillion deficit he "inherited" from President Bush and the Republicans, Obama quickly matched it. During his first 50 days in office, he and his Democratic-controlled Congress spent $1 billion an hour.

The Bama never even mentioned the $1 trillion deficit during his campaign against the Republican nominee for President.