PDA

View Full Version : The Bush Cult

loosecannon
04-03-2007, 11:34 PM
As we learn more and more details of the extension and knowledge of the cover-up in the Pat Tillman story, an important subtext is not only emerging, but is failing to be commented on by most covering the story.

The subtext of how the Bush Cult requires and supports what I like to call Movie News as part of the emotional trigger codes that feed the hysteria and drive the machine of cult-driven worship.

Movie News can't be looked at on a case by case basis. They must be seen in their entirety. Think of them as chapters in a book that is still being written. When the real world intrudes, as it so often does, the Bush Cult followers need to be read another chapter of reassurance before drifting back to sleep.

Yet so few seem to want to mention the motive behind the Pat Tillman fiction. A motive that had nothing to do with Pat Tillman and everything to do with a Fox News and Drudge driven hype machine that relies on these sorts of prop-driven fictions as the very bread and butter that sustains their survival.

And this is the key point in understanding the Bush Cult mindset. It is not that Bush Cultists are motivated by the desire to simply make Pat Tillman, or Jessica Lynch or any of the dozens of other stories they doctor, "look better."

It is that they simply can't tell the difference between fact and screenplay.

The Republican Movement of the past thirty years has not been driven by ideology, much as it might seem that way. It's been driven by Hollywood Myth. This also explains that frothing obsession with the actual real world Hollywood that produced the very myths that define their reality. They hate Hollywood with such rabid and intense anger because Hollywood created them.

They have turned on their maker because to acknowledge the "maker" is to acknowledge that the myth was artificially created on sound stages and back-lots. With swelling orchestral music and Jimmy Stewart. With Auntie May cooking apple pie.

This is the myth the Republican Cult lives within. A myth built out of 1950s movies and T.V. that literally produced Ronald Reagan and continues to drive the entire mythos of their self-contained reality.

In other words, they didn't "lie" about Pat Tillman at all. They simply hired a screenwriter to rewrite the story.

Because the Republican Cult has fully demoored from critical thinking, objectivity, rational thought and cause and effect. They are a political party sitting in a darkened theater waiting for the next Reagan movie to play, complete with sweeping American inspired orchestral music and heroic shots of American flags.

Fox News, Drudge and the talk radio empire serve as the "movie critics" of this world. Telling them which movies to see and which not to see. Telling them who the movie stars they should love are, and who they should hate are.

Everything works on the hero/villian binary. The "white hat" vs. "black hat" Western. The requisite Act-2 plot twist to be overcome in the Act-3 twist(Bush's early personal problems to finding Jesus, etc.)

So when they rewrite Pat Tillman's life or concoct a Jessica Lynch rescue narrative that finds a lithe little blonde girl fighting with a machine gun for the country she loves, we must understand that in their minds they aren't even lying at all.

Is a movie "lying"?

Of course not.

They are simply active players in a collective myth making grand filmic experiment. The Murdoch media machines are there, but not only are the grand myths being written in real-time, each and every participant in the Bush Cult not only gets to watch the movie, but gets to participate!

It's like getting to act as an extra with Gary Cooper. Getting to participate, even obliquely, with Cary Grant.

This is why they cheered with frothing fervor when a high school drop-out, steroid abusing, sexually promiscuous body builder walked out during their convention in 2004. Not because of anything Arnold Schwarzenegger ever did in office. But because their mythic American cinematic experience had suddenly received a mid-story jolt with an unexpected movie star entrance.

And that is why Ronald Wilson Reagan embodies the neorepublican's epic hero...... a truly insightful description of the Bush cult and the mindset of it's Koolaid addled followers.

It is why they lust for Fred Thompson for president, without a clue why they love him so much.

Because for thirty years the Republican Movie hasn't been about facts, issues or politics. It has been about casting, myth and narrative entertainment.

They hate the actual Hollywood because they have become their own studio, producing and participating in an epic movie bigger than any David Lean or Stanley Kubrick production.

This is their grand movie. They are, each and every one of them, editors, writers, producers and actors within the epic cinema landscape. Actual stars like Reagan, Schwarzenegger, Fred Thompson, help them to reposition their own supporting roles.

Facts?

The word itself is as meaningless as an audience member asking how Keanu Reeves can dodge a bullet in the Matrix. Once you buy into the narrative, once you are a participant in that narrative, the word "facts" is as meaningless as what really happened to Pat Tillman.

republicanism's but a walking shadow, a poor player
That struts and frets his hour upon the stage
And then is heard no more: it is a tale
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.

http://www.dailykos.com/storyonly/2007/3/27/121543/063

04-04-2007, 12:10 AM
There's a Bush cult now? Since when?

stephanie
04-04-2007, 12:28 AM
A pretty stupid fairy tale...

I hope the person doesn't quit their day job..

:slap:

Baron Von Esslingen
04-04-2007, 02:58 AM
It makes the Bushie tactic of sweeping the audience for liberals and malcontents to remove before La Prez speaks all the more understandable. Great post LC.

04-04-2007, 06:13 AM
It makes the Bushie tactic of sweeping the audience for liberals and malcontents to remove before La Prez speaks all the more understandable. Great post LC.

Since when has anyone in the media been removed from a Press conference?

theHawk
04-04-2007, 09:55 AM
OMG I'm gonna vote Dem from now on, I have to get out of this Cult!!!!!

Gaffer
04-04-2007, 10:03 AM
And the source is the dailykos now there's an unbias site.

If I were looking for a cult that would be just the place to find it.

GW in Ohio
04-04-2007, 10:04 AM
Those who have signed on to the Bush cult check their discriminating faculties at the door. When you're a true believer, you ignore the stupid stuff the president says and you tune out all the bad stuff happening in Iraq. You take in whatever horsecrap the Bush team puts out about "progress in Iraq" and you dismiss anything negative about Iraq as an attack by Bush's enemies.

It's exactly what members of a cult do.

loosecannon
04-04-2007, 10:11 AM
You take in whatever horsecrap the Bush team puts out about "progress in Iraq" and you dismiss anything negative about Iraq as an attack by Bush's enemies.

Even more than that, even when Dear Leader does a 180, like he did recently when he switched our allies and enemies in Iraq, the Bush cultists will support whatever he does even if they have no idea what they are supporting.

Lemming phenomena.

04-04-2007, 10:13 AM
OMG I'm gonna vote Dem from now on, I have to get out of this Cult!!!!!

Come on... they arent that bad... unless of course you are the ritual sacrifice....

theHawk
04-04-2007, 10:16 AM
Even more than that, even when Dear Leader does a 180, like she did recently when he switched our allies and enemies in Syria, the Pelosi cultists will support whatever she does even if they have no idea what they are supporting.

Lemming phenomena.

Pot calling the kettle black? :lol:

Gaffer
04-04-2007, 11:54 AM
Those who have signed on to the Bush cult check their discriminating faculties at the door. When you're a true believer, you ignore the stupid stuff the president says and you tune out all the bad stuff happening in Iraq. You take in whatever horsecrap the Bush team puts out about "progress in Iraq" and you dismiss anything negative about Iraq as an attack by Bush's enemies.

Anything negative about iraq IS an attack by Bush's enemies. You are not about to say anything good about Bush. And anything positive coming out of iraq is going to be ignored by you and your lib friends. Make sure you toe the line and follow the lib mantra. Nothing cultish about that is there? Just keep worshuiping at the shrine of your rich, power hungry liberal leadres. They know what's best for you.

5stringJeff
04-04-2007, 12:47 PM
Will you also be posting about the DailyKos cult?

Birdzeye
04-04-2007, 01:38 PM
Anything negative about iraq IS an attack by Bush's enemies. You are not about to say anything good about Bush. And anything positive coming out of iraq is going to be ignored by you and your lib friends. Make sure you toe the line and follow the lib mantra. Nothing cultish about that is there? Just keep worshuiping at the shrine of your rich, power hungry liberal leadres. They know what's best for you.

1) What has Bush done lately to deserve my saying anything good about him?

2) What is there that is "positive" about Iraq these days?

3) Regarding your first sentence, are you trying to infer that anybody who believes this war in Iraq was, at best, a very misguided misadventure, is the "enemy?"

Gaffer
04-04-2007, 02:03 PM

He's going to veto the dem cut and run bill. The "surge" is working.

The iraqi's are taking on more responsiblity. al queda are being killed by the hundreds. The new iraqi parliment is taking on the militia's. The infrastucture is being rebuilt and protected. shops are being reopened and people are returning to their homes. iranian influence is being undermined.

3) Regarding your first sentence, are you trying to infer that anybody who believes this war in Iraq was, at best, a very misguided misadventure, is the "enemy?"

Too be honest...yes. It was necessary at the time. Aftermaths were not anticipated, but hindsight is 20 20. Taking pre-emtive action is always better than reacting after the fact.

Saddam was not keeping iran in check, he would have simply been part of the problem had he been left alone, just as syria is now. With more terror activities being supported by iraq.

You really have to try to grasp the big picture and go beyond Bush hatred to understand what I'm talking about. But most liberals can't do that. The few that do end up becoming conservative.

GW in Ohio
04-04-2007, 02:28 PM

Gaffer: I said from the very beginning that Bush had a certain integrity, and that he had principles.

The problem is that he's immature, inflexible and incompetent. You can throw in stupid, too.

So he's not a bad guy. If he lived next door to me I'm sure I'd like him.....might even be friends with him and Laura, though I gotta tell you, people who totally abstain from drinking tend to be a bit on the dull side.

And even though I consider Bush a complete disaster as a president, I thought he was doing an okay job until his disastrous decision to invade Iraq.

So I don't reflexively bash the guy, but at this point his continued intractibility on Iraq, and his unwillingness to admit that he fucked up have led me to just write him off.

I'm counting the days until we get this loser out of there.

Birdzeye
04-04-2007, 02:28 PM
He's going to veto the dem cut and run bill. The "surge" is working.

If you say so. I say he's doing his "my way or the highway" routine yet again, and will hold our troops hostage so that he gets his way.

The iraqi's are taking on more responsiblity. al queda are being killed by the hundreds. The new iraqi parliment is taking on the militia's. The infrastucture is being rebuilt and protected. shops are being reopened and people are returning to their homes. iranian influence is being undermined.

If things are going so swimmingly in Iraq, as you seem to believe, I hate to think what your idea is of things not going well.

You really have to try to grasp the big picture and go beyond Bush hatred to understand what I'm talking about. But most liberals can't do that. The few that do end up becoming conservative.

What a condescending load of :bs1:

I'd love to see you provide a reasoned essay to back up your position, but I won't hold my breath waiting for it.

Gaffer
04-04-2007, 03:08 PM
Gaffer: I said from the very beginning that Bush had a certain integrity, and that he had principles.

The problem is that he's immature, inflexible and incompetent. You can throw in stupid, too.

So he's not a bad guy. If he lived next door to me I'm sure I'd like him.....might even be friends with him and Laura, though I gotta tell you, people who totally abstain from drinking tend to be a bit on the dull side.

And even though I consider Bush a complete disaster as a president, I thought he was doing an okay job until his disastrous decision to invade Iraq.

So I don't reflexively bash the guy, but at this point his continued intractibility on Iraq, and his unwillingness to admit that he fucked up have led me to just write him off.

I'm counting the days until we get this loser out of there.

Hey there's plenty he has done, or failed to do, that I don't like either. But the iraq invasion was necessary. I think he listened to some bad advice concerning the occupation and no one advised him on the true face of islam. But he has changed course and I am seeing some good results based on what i have read in my news sources. Real results won't be evident until about mid summer.

What I see from most liberal posters here is blind hatred of Bush and nothing beyond that. Whatever Bush does the libs will be against it. If he said we need to pull out of iraq now they would say we need to stay. As far as libs are concerned anything he does will be wrong.

Most of the posters here are not so much pro-Bush and anti-liberals. We all see his faults. We are just not out to magnify them.

Gaffer
04-04-2007, 03:20 PM
If you say so. I say he's doing his "my way or the highway" routine yet again, and will hold our troops hostage so that he gets his way.

He's simply telling them that HE is the commander in chief, not pelosi. And HE will decide how the military are used. And that congresses job is to provide the money needed to support our troops. And if they can't do that they don't belong in that position.

If things are going so swimmingly in Iraq, as you seem to believe, I hate to think what your idea is of things not going well.

And the things I stated are bad? How are they not successes?

What a condescending load of :bs1:

I'd love to see you provide a reasoned essay to back up your position, but I won't hold my breath waiting for it.

I don't need an essay to back up my position. You are a certified Bush hater and nothing takes presidence over that. You want an example of a former liberal?

http://www.tammybruce.com/

Abbey Marie
04-04-2007, 03:20 PM

He is far from stupid, but to be quantifiable, how do you explain the fact that Bush got higher grades than Kerry at Yale? Is Kerry a complete imbecile? If so, why do I not hear Dems ever say that?

theHawk
04-04-2007, 03:22 PM
He is far from stupid, but to be quantifiable, how do you explain the fact that Bush got higher grades than Kerry at Yale? Is Kerry a complete imbecile? If so, why do I not hear Dems ever say that?

Not to mention Teddy who got booted out of school for CHEATING!!!

Birdzeye
04-04-2007, 03:45 PM
I don't need an essay to back up my position. You are a certified Bush hater and nothing takes presidence over that. You want an example of a former liberal?

I see. So you have nothing but mindless put-downs. Anybody who doesn't see Bush as some kind of hero is a "certified Bush hater." I guess it never occurred to you that some people (a majority, in fact) don't approve of his job performance OR his prosecution of the Iraq war.

I'd love to discuss issues with conservatives who think, but I think I'm not going to find that here.

Abbey Marie
04-04-2007, 04:10 PM
I see. So you have nothing but mindless put-downs. Anybody who doesn't see Bush as some kind of hero is a "certified Bush hater." I guess it never occurred to you that some people (a majority, in fact) don't approve of his job performance OR his prosecution of the Iraq war.

I'd love to discuss issues with conservatives who think, but I think I'm not going to find that here.

If by "here" you are refering to the Conservatives on this board as a whole, don't I correctly recall you saying that when you first joined? Sounds a lot like the lib treatment of Bush even before he took office. I'm sensing a prejudicial theme here.

Anywho, for many of us, it's not the disagreement with Bush's policies that makes us devalue lib opinions. It is the fact that he was hated before he even took the oath of office. It's the relentlessness of the hatred. And of course, it's the base gutter-sniping and loathsome language that libs seem to prefer when discussing our President. Even a quick scan of this board will affirm what I am saying.

As I mentioned in a different post, libs with the aid of the MSM have succeeded in giving the world the idea that we are a country which does not even respect the office of President. They scoff at us, and become more emboldened every day. Time will tell the extent of damage that has caused us. For all of that, and more, the term "hater" is quite apt.

Gaffer
04-04-2007, 04:16 PM

Are you saying your not a Bush hater? Most libs I see post here are just mindless Bush haters. There is never anything offered as alternative plans except the old cut and run mantra. When you can offer a discussion that does not include Bush hatred I will be glad to discuss anything you want.

04-04-2007, 05:06 PM

1)His upcoming veto of the unconstitutional monstrosity Democrats tried to send him called the "Slow bleed" method

2)The fact that the surge is working and that because of it and efforts by the Iraqi soldiers, Curfew on a number of high areas is being loosened.

3)Anyone who is trying to undermine the war effort in Iraq is the enemy whether they are intending to be or not. What would they be doing different if they were trying to be the enemy?

loosecannon
04-04-2007, 05:50 PM
Saddam was not keeping iran in check, he would have simply been part of the problem had he been left alone, just as syria is now. With more terror activities being supported by iraq.

Gaffer, alert! Bush is supporting terrorists now just like we supported Saddam and Bin Laden in the past. And Saddam was keeping Iran in check, tho it certainly isn't a requirement to be the dictator of a sovereign state, until we invaded, crushed his military and imposed sanctions.

(GAWD are you stoooooopid!)

You really have to try to grasp the big picture ( drink a LOT of Koolaid) and go beyond Bush hatred to understand what I'm talking about. (this ignorant nugget is brought to you by Team Witchunt De Clenis) But most liberals can't do that. The few that do end up becoming conservative.

Polls prove otherwise!!!!

Conservatives are dying

Bush isn't a conservative

You probably don't even know what a conservative is

The GOP is dying, support for Dems and Libs is rising.

53% of Americans want Bush impeached.

Bush is an embarrassment and a "catastrophic success" at every thing he attempts to manage.

Gaffner is a BushCult team Captain.

stephanie
04-04-2007, 05:57 PM
Gaffer, alert! Bush is supporting terrorists now just like we supported Saddam and Bin Laden in the past. And Saddam was keeping Iran in check, tho it certainly isn't a requirement to be the dictator of a sovereign state, until we invaded, crushed his military and imposed sanctions.

Conservatives are dying

Bush is an embarrassment and a "catastrophic success" at every thing he attempts to manage.

BDS ALERT.....!!!!!:laugh2:

Gaffer
04-04-2007, 06:15 PM

Conservatives are dying

Just more ramblings from a Bush hater. Like i said you can't put your hatred aside and look at what's really going on.

Gunny
04-04-2007, 08:03 PM

Funny, that's what I was thinking about your posts... mindless putdowns.

Anybody who doesn't see Bush as you describe him is a member of the Bush cult. That's some real intelligent discussion, let me tell ya.:rolleyes:

Gunny
04-04-2007, 08:08 PM

Actually, you appear to be excelling at stupid. There's a BIG difference in aiding someone fighting a war against an enemy, and making that someone in turn our enemy LATER ON for invading a sovereign nation and ally.

Since oyu obviously missed the class, geo-politics is not stagnant, nor are the ever-changing boundaries of who is and is not our allies and/or our enemies.

Conservatives are dying

Wake up. Conservatives are STILL the majority in this nation, and only complete, mindless, political morons want to impeach Bush.

04-04-2007, 08:15 PM
I can't help but think the entire premise of this thread is that people who support the President are mindless drones and accept everything he does. This premise ignores the complete reality that conservatives and other Republicans have been more critical of the President than the Democrats have in areas where we think he is wrong. That completely defies the claim the posters are trying to make and which they have provided absolutely no evidence for.

Makes me wonder why make the claim when its so completely see through? Maybe its just a matter of projecting their own views onto those they disagree with.

Gunny
04-04-2007, 08:41 PM
I can't help but think the entire premise of this thread is that people who support the President are mindless drones and accept everything he does. This premise ignores the complete reality that conservatives and other Republicans have been more critical of the President than the Democrats have in areas where we think he is wrong. That completely defies the claim the posters are trying to make and which they have provided absolutely no evidence for.

Makes me wonder why make the claim when its so completely see through? Maybe its just a matter of projecting their own views onto those they disagree with.

So critical in fact, that Republican/conservative voters let Dems take control of Congress.

But it plays right into the Democrat's hands. Republicans who even get accused of having their hands in the cookie jar get put on the curb by their own. Democrats who are guilty beyond any reasonable doubt are never asked to step down. Obviously, their lockstep agenda is more important to them than standing on principle and/or what's right.

loosecannon
04-04-2007, 09:36 PM
Just more ramblings from a Bush hater. Like i said you can't put your hatred aside and look at what's really going on.
you can't put the kool aid down and look at what is really going on.

Iraq was an unecessary, elective war fought for oil not for any of the faux emergencies you imagine.

loosecannon
04-04-2007, 09:40 PM
Wake up. Conservatives are STILL the majority in this nation, and only complete, mindless, political morons want to impeach Bush.

No wrong on all counts.

Recent surveys confirm that only about 35% of Americans still identify with the GOP or conservatives.

While over 50% identify with the dems and liberalism.

Just 6 years those two groups were equally represented.

Any idea what happened in 6 years to change America's makeup?

You are a dinosaur becoming extinct.

And 53% of Americans approve of impeaching Bush.

You will be tommorrow's oil soon enough Dino.

Gunny
04-04-2007, 09:41 PM

Iraq was an unecessary, elective war fought for oil not for any of the faux emergencies you imagine.

Really? WHERE is this oil? I've heard this accusation for several years and haven't seen so much as a drop.

And I'm not so blind as to believe that if someone from the US stole so much as one drop of used oil from a recycle barrel the MSM and left-wingnuts like you would be calling it billions of dollars worth.

There isn't any oil. Get a new line.

Gunny
04-04-2007, 09:43 PM
No wrong on all counts.

Recent surveys confirm that only about 35% of Americans still identify with the GOP or conservatives.

You will be tommorrow's oil soon enough Dino.

Sorry dude. No matter how many times you tell yourself that, it just ain't true. But keep trying. I'm sure you find it intellectually challenging.

stephanie
04-04-2007, 09:43 PM
No wrong on all counts.

You will be tomorrow's oil soon enough Dino.

You go right ahead deluding yourself, if it makes ya feel better..
Was that a poll you got off of DU underground?:poke:

loosecannon
04-04-2007, 09:45 PM
This premise ignores the complete [FANTASY] that conservatives and other Republicans have been more critical of the President than the Democrats have in areas where we think he is wrong

yes, you are correct now.

but this phrase "conservatives and other Republicans" makes no sense at all.

Republicans are generally NOT conservative anymore.

NeoCons are NOT conservatives

loosecannon
04-04-2007, 09:48 PM
Really? WHERE is this oil? I've heard this accusation for several years and haven't seen so much as a drop.

And I'm not so blind as to believe that if someone from the US stole so much as one drop of used oil from a recycle barrel the MSM and left-wingnuts like you would be calling it billions of dollars worth.

There isn't any oil. Get a new line.

OK, I am willing to believe that your are embarrasingly stoooopid, and utterly uninformed....

surely you realize that Iraq has the second largest "proven" oil reserves in the world.

Or are you just being sarcastic?

O peration
I raqi
L iberation

loosecannon
04-04-2007, 09:49 PM
Was that a poll you got off of DU underground?

No Bushbotcultist, it is part of the lead story in "the GOP is dying" thread.

Read it.

stephanie
04-04-2007, 09:52 PM
Was that a poll you got off of DU underground?

No Bushbotcultist, it is part of the lead story in "the GOP is dying" thread.

Read it.

Yeah, I belived that one also..:laugh2:
Keep dreaming..

Gaffer
04-04-2007, 10:27 PM

Ahh its the oil war again. You left out haliburton and getting revenge for his daddy. Oh and chenney made him do it. No no wait, it was the big business war machine corporations. You have every reason except the important one. We went in pre-emtively for this country's security because saddam was a threat. But you couldn't posibly understand that. Your heads buried too deep in the sand as you sing the I hate Bush refrain over and over again.

04-05-2007, 12:00 AM
yes, you are correct now.

but this phrase "conservatives and other Republicans" makes no sense at all.

Republicans are generally NOT conservative anymore.

NeoCons are NOT conservatives

Like I said, the premise is not grounded in reality. Thanks for proving my point.

loosecannon
04-05-2007, 12:23 AM
Ahh its the oil war again. You left out haliburton and getting revenge for his daddy. Oh and chenney made him do it. No no wait, it was the big business war machine corporations. You have every reason except the important one. We went in pre-emtively for this country's security because saddam was a threat.

Obviously Saddam posed no threat to the US. Everybody knows that.

Saddam was our puppet. We created Saddam and provided him with WMD.

Saddam said he had no WMD left in 2003, he was correct, he told the truth, and we hung him for it.

Way to go Bush!!!

Meanwhile WE have the worlds biggest cache of WMD. Go figure.

Have some more kool aid Gaffe. Your lackeys may buy your tripe, but nobody with brain cells does.

Your entire ideology is based on cultism and repetition of lies.

Gaffer
04-05-2007, 01:13 AM
Obviously Saddam posed no threat to the US. Everybody knows that.

Only fools like you know that. He was a major threat.

Saddam was our puppet. We created Saddam and provided him with WMD.

saddam was our puppet like your a Bush aide. Please provide some historical proof how we created saddam. As for his WMD's he got those from russia and france. Like all the rest of his equipment.

Saddam said he had no WMD left in 2003, he was correct, he told the truth, and we hung him for it.

He said he had no WMD's for 12 years. He did have them, just prior to the war. A little help from his friends the russians made sure they were out of there. Freshly supplied bio and chem weapons with russian signatures would not be looked on well for the russians.

So your upset that saddam was hung? We didn't hang him, the iraqi's did.

Way to go Bush!!!

Meanwhile WE have the worlds biggest cache of WMD. Go figure.

Should we disarm so the rest of the world has a better chance against us. I know in your mind its just not fair that we should be so much more powerful than anyone else. Lets make it easier for other countries to invade us. You are a silly man.

Have some more kool aid Gaffe. Your lackeys may buy your tripe, but nobody with brain cells does.

Your entire ideology is based on cultism and repetition of lies.

And your ideology is based on stupidity, ignorance, refusal to face reality, lies and deceit. And the desire to blame America for everything that happens in the world.

You are an ignorant man.

loosecannon
04-05-2007, 11:45 AM
And your ideology is based on stupidity, ignorance, refusal to face reality, lies and deceit. And the desire to blame America for everything that happens in the world.

You are an ignorant man.

http://content.answers.com/main/content/wp/en/2/21/Saddam_rumsfeld.jpg

And you are less than an ignorant man, you disregard reality to defend an otherwise impossible, implausible world view.

Washington, D.C., 25 February 2003 - The National Security Archive at George Washington University today published on the Web a series of declassified U.S. documents detailing the U.S. embrace of Saddam Hussein in the early 1980's, including the renewal of diplomatic relations that had been suspended since 1967. The documents show that during this period of renewed U.S. support for Saddam, he had invaded his neighbor (Iran), had long-range nuclear aspirations that would "probably" include "an eventual nuclear weapon capability," harbored known terrorists in Baghdad, abused the human rights of his citizens, and possessed and used chemical weapons on Iranians and his own people. The U.S. response was to renew ties, to provide intelligence and aid to ensure Iraq would not be defeated by Iran, and to send a high-level presidential envoy named Donald Rumsfeld to shake hands with Saddam (20 December 1983).

The declassified documents posted today include the briefing materials and diplomatic reporting on two Rumsfeld trips to Baghdad, reports on Iraqi chemical weapons use concurrent with the Reagan administration's decision to support Iraq, and decision directives signed by President Reagan that reveal the specific U.S. priorities for the region: preserving access to oil, expanding U.S. ability to project military power in the region, and protecting local allies from internal and external threats.

much more, you REALLY should read it Gaffe before you make an even larger fool out of yourself.

http://www.gwu.edu/~nsarchiv/NSAEBB/NSAEBB82/press.htm