PDA

View Full Version : Obama says flooding serves as warning

stephanie
03-27-2009, 03:56 PM
good grief, who is going to save us from this person..

WASHINGTON, D.C. – President Barack Obama acknowledged the current flood emergency in the Red River Valley on Monday, and warned that global warming could lead to similar disasters in the future.
By: Janell Cole, INFORUM

WASHINGTON, D.C. – President Barack Obama acknowledged the current flood emergency in the Red River Valley on Monday, and warned that global warming could lead to similar disasters in the future.

Considering how bad the flooding is now in North Dakota, imagine what it could be if global warming exacerbates the issue, Obama said.

“I actually think the science around climate change is real. It is potentially devastating,” said Obama, who sat down Monday afternoon for a sit-down interview with six hand-picked journalists from around the country.

“If you look at the flooding that’s going on right now in North Dakota and you say to yourself, ‘If you see an increase of 2 degrees, what does that do, in terms of the situation there?’ that indicates the degree to which we have to take this seriously,” he said.

Obama talked about flooding while answering a question about North Dakotans being concerned how a “cap-and-trade” greenhouse gas reduction policy could hurt the state’s coal and power-generating industries.

Gov. John Hoeven has asked for an expedited presidential disaster declaration because of the rapidly developing flood emergency in the state.

lots of comments with article here..
http://www.inforum.com/event/article/id/235048

Yurt
03-27-2009, 04:01 PM
the voters of the united states of america. if they see his vision as theirs, then obama and his ilk will continue to be re-elected.

scientifically....what is humorous about this is that these same scientist claim to have evidence that north america was once tropical....if that is so, mayhap we mother nature is returning

Mr. P
03-27-2009, 04:21 PM
Someone slap Bambam an tell him snow MELTS in the spring! It becomes fluid and flows down rivers an such! Been happening for millions of yrs.

GEEEEEEEZZZZZZZ

PostmodernProphet
03-27-2009, 04:24 PM
the upside of global warming must then be that Lake Superior, which has been running a foot or so lower than average in depth, is going to get some much needed replenishment.....

Trigg
03-27-2009, 06:15 PM
Why does Obama hate white people??????

Silver
03-27-2009, 06:33 PM
good grief, who is going to save us from this person..

By: Janell Cole, INFORUM

Considering how bad the flooding is now in North Dakota, imagine what it could be if global warming exacerbates the issue, Obama said.

“I actually think the science around climate change is real. It is potentially devastating,” said Obama, who sat down Monday afternoon for a sit-down interview with six hand-picked journalists from around the country.

http://www.inforum.com/event/article/id/235048

Holy shit...he drinks his partys Koolade too....don't he know it supposed to only be for the unwashed masses....

Jeff
03-28-2009, 06:10 AM
Why does Obama hate white people??????

cause he is black, read his book it will explain it

In his book he stated "my own Grandmother is white and I love her but she is a typical white person"

Does this sound like a person that doesn't hate white people ?

Binky
03-28-2009, 01:27 PM

In his book he stated "my own Grandmother is white and I love her but she is a typical white person"

And how does he describe a "typical white person to be?" We shit, shower, shave, eat, take care of the younguns', go to work and when having the time, play a bit. Sounds like every other race to me.

Kathianne
03-28-2009, 01:41 PM
Someone slap Bambam an tell him snow MELTS in the spring! It becomes fluid and flows down rivers an such! Been happening for millions of yrs.

GEEEEEEEZZZZZZZ

Time to fix the continental divide!

Jeff
03-29-2009, 12:15 AM
And how does he describe a "typical white person to be?" We shit, shower, shave, eat, take care of the younguns', go to work and when having the time, play a bit. Sounds like every other race to me.

LOL, I like that, at that point in his book he was trying to say all white people treat Blacks bad ,stare at them , mis trust them and so on

03-29-2009, 12:47 AM
So the area is flooding because global warming caused all the snow to fall and then melt?

I mean come on!

sgtdmski
03-29-2009, 01:42 AM

Think about this for a minute. Obama embrace the black race. Now he was raised by his white mother and white grandparents, after his black father abandoned him. Go figure. I mean, he is proud to be black, yet if it were not for his white side of the family, Obama would have been nothing more than another young black man growing up in the ghetto having problems with drugs, gangs and committing crimes.

dmk

Jeff
03-29-2009, 08:30 AM
Think about this for a minute. Obama embrace the black race. Now he was raised by his white mother and white grandparents, after his black father abandoned him. Go figure. I mean, he is proud to be black, yet if it were not for his white side of the family, Obama would have been nothing more than another young black man growing up in the ghetto having problems with drugs, gangs and committing crimes.

dmk

:clap::clap::clap::clap:

I agree totally, and if ya ever read his book you would see exactly what a liar and hypocrite he is

Binky
03-29-2009, 10:09 AM
LOL, I like that, at that point in his book he was trying to say all white people treat Blacks bad ,stare at them , mis trust them and so on

Actually, he's wrong in that respect. I'm white and I treat everyone the way I like to be treated. I don't stare at them any more than I would stare at you if I saw you walking on the street. It's human nature to people watch. That's just rediculous. If people mistrust people, it could be from personal experiences rather than race. Good grief! Now we're not suppose to stare at someone? That's just idiocy. Give me a break!

Binky
03-29-2009, 10:26 AM

GEEEEEEEZZZZZZZ

I agree with ya there.

I absolutely can't believe we are still having this discussion about global climate change. It changes people, on it's own. All by itself. It doesn't wait for man to try and keep it from doing so. That's what it does. That's a change we humans can count on.

I'm tired of this global warming bullpucky. The only reason Gore and others are touting it is because of that carbon tax they are wanting us to pay for. Imagine that. They think we're stupid enough to fall for that warming spiel they love to toss about. Give me a break. My mama didn't raise no dummie. I'm paying out enough in taxes already. We don't need a carbon tax. The earth is doing what it has been doing for millions of years without any help from us. Change, people. That's what it does. It goes in cycles. It warms. And then it cools. TADA! The audacity of earth to actually do that without consenting with us.

Trigg
03-29-2009, 10:36 AM

I believe that his grandmother had said something about standing at a bus stop and when a group of young black men came up to her she got nervous.

Well, I hate to be the barer of bad news. But, young black men 15-24 make up 1% of the US population and commit something like 24% of the homicides. It just makes sense, for everyone, to be more careful around young black men.

-Cp
03-29-2009, 12:59 PM
....... young black men 15-24 make up 1% of the US population and commit something like 24% of the homicides......

Do you have a source for this claim?

Mr. P
03-29-2009, 01:09 PM
Do you have a source for this claim?

http://www.ojp.usdoj.gov/bjs/homicide/ageracesex.htm