PDA

View Full Version : Turning Off Your Lights?

Kathianne
03-28-2009, 04:35 PM
To show 'you care'?

Me? Not unless it's time for bed, since I'm on break, unlikely. Even then, the boys are out, so I'd leave the front light on for them.

YOU?

03-28-2009, 04:44 PM
Not planning too. Im more for substance than symbol.

Kathianne
03-28-2009, 05:49 PM
Well for those whose heads are at air level, an alternative to darkness:

http://cei.org/human-achievement-hour

Kathianne
03-28-2009, 06:04 PM
<embed src="http://blip.tv/play/AfXybYrPcw" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="853" height="510" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed>

Mr. P
03-28-2009, 06:09 PM
Well for those whose heads are at air level, an alternative to darkness:

http://cei.org/human-achievement-hour

Now that's a cool video! Love it!

This lights out thing...believe it or not I thought about it a few years ago. Not for conservation reasons but just to so folks could see how things were in times gone by and think. To be able to see the stars without the light pollution etc.

Little-Acorn
03-28-2009, 08:03 PM
It's now 9:00 PM eastern. My lights have all been out for the past hour.

They always are at this time of day. It's 6:00 PM in San Diego, in late March, and the sun doesn't go down for another hour and a half. It's bright daylight.

BTW, remind me again who we're all supposed to be "showing"?

And how this "showed" them anything they cared to see?

Don't know about you, but as far as I know, nobody was watching my house to see if my lights were on or off. And nobody asked me if they would or wouldn't be.

To the best of my knowledge, nobody knew or cared about being "shown" whatever this was showing.

The planners for this "event", included everything... except an audience.

Maybe next time, fellows........ (yawn)

Kathianne
03-28-2009, 08:30 PM
It's now 9:00 PM eastern. My lights have all been out for the past hour.

They always are at this time of day. It's 6:00 PM in San Diego, in late March, and the sun doesn't go down for another hour and a half. It's bright daylight.

BTW, remind me again who we're all supposed to be "showing"?

And how this "showed" them anything they cared to see?

Don't know about you, but as far as I know, nobody was watching my house to see if my lights were on or off. And nobody asked me if they would or wouldn't be.

To the best of my knowledge, nobody knew or cared about being "shown" whatever this was showing.

The planners for this "event", included everything... except an audience.

Maybe next time, fellows........ (yawn)

LA, it sounds like you didn't understand how one was supposed to be in sync with those that 'care.' You know, you "MEAN" it, not like those that just recycle and shit. This was a sacrifice to make, to show one's commitment, that you know the harm man is doing to the earth. If you left your lights on, well no bubble gum for you!

April15
03-28-2009, 09:02 PM
My lights go out every night.

Mr. P
03-28-2009, 09:41 PM
My lights go out every night.

Funny, I was thinkin yer lights are always on but nobodies home. :poke:

Kathianne
03-28-2009, 09:42 PM
Funny, I was thinkin yer lights are always on but nobodies home. :poke:

Arrgg. No rep for you! Bah!

03-28-2009, 09:46 PM
So I have my lights out. But only because the lights hurting my eyes.

Mr. P
03-28-2009, 09:51 PM
Arrgg. No rep for you! Bah!

Ya, it was uncalled for...my apologies to everyone who are in the dark..Damn it was just like Bambam makin fun of the special Olympics wasn't it?

I have my "gray" moments. sorry folks. :lol:

Kathianne
03-28-2009, 09:54 PM
Ya, it was uncalled for...my apologies to everyone who are in the dark..Damn it was just like Bambam makin fun of the special Olympics wasn't it?

I have my "gray" moments. sorry folks. :lol:

Apology accepted. My lights burned bright through the hour. I stayed online and even took several phone calls. Heat is on, while snow f'ing falls.

REDWHITEBLUE2
03-29-2009, 01:12 AM
Well I did my part I turned the heat up and turned on every light in the house even cranked the oven up :dance:

sgtdmski
03-29-2009, 01:47 AM
My sorry self is stuck at work. I wish I could turn off the lights, but unfortunately someone needs to be here at the hospital to take care of all those sick people on Medicaid who decide to come to the ER at night to get their free drugs and waste our time with stupid complaints such as a sore throat, or their knee is hurting and has been now for three weeks.

I guess they must have been too busy watching Oprah and Jerry to schedule a doctor's appointment. Instead they waste our money.

dmk

Binky
03-29-2009, 11:42 AM
Now that's a cool video! Love it!

This lights out thing...believe it or not I thought about it a few years ago. Not for conservation reasons but just to so folks could see how things were in times gone by and think. To be able to see the stars without the light pollution etc.

Yeah, I'm in the north woods of Mi., and when the stars are out it's a gorgeous sky above. Twinkle, twinkle little star, I can see you from afar. I wish I may, I wish I might, take flight to you, this good night.

Mr. P
03-29-2009, 12:14 PM
Yeah, I'm in the north woods of Mi., and when the stars are out it's a gorgeous sky above. Twinkle, twinkle little star, I can see you from afar. I wish I may, I wish I might, take flight to you, this good night.

Come on down! :lol:

Little-Acorn
03-29-2009, 07:53 PM
If you left your lights on, well no bubble gum for you!

See the second sentence of my post. Where's my bubble gum?

Binky
03-30-2009, 12:44 PM
Come on down! :lol:

LOL I was referring to taking flight to the stars, goofus! :laugh2:

Mr. P
03-30-2009, 01:08 PM
LOL I was referring to taking flight to the stars, goofus! :laugh2:

HEY! I'll have ya know I AM A STAR in this here trailer park!:lol:

Binky
03-30-2009, 05:09 PM
HEY! I'll have ya know I AM A STAR in this here trailer park!:lol:

Alrighty then. If you say so Mr. Star. LOL! :laugh2: