PDA

View Full Version : Printing $$$ and Germany 1920's

Kathianne
03-29-2009, 10:10 AM
When even TIME is on this, one would hope the administration would read...

http://www.time.com/time/photogallery/0,29307,1879735,00.html

Trigg
03-29-2009, 10:28 AM
That was very interesting!!

One would hope bambam and his advisor's would pay attention. I actually heard this remark make on MSNBC, "we won't go bankrupt, since we can always print more money".

Bambam doesn't even need to look at history. All he needs to do is look at Zimbabwe's currency problems to see the dangers of printing to much money. The people there are carrying their worthless bills around in garbage bags.

Kathianne
03-29-2009, 11:01 AM
That was very interesting!!

One would hope bambam and his advisor's would pay attention. I actually heard this remark make on MSNBC, "we won't go bankrupt, since we can always print more money".

Bambam doesn't even need to look at history. All he needs to do is look at Zimbabwe's currency problems to see the dangers of printing to much money. The people there are carrying their worthless bills around in garbage bags.

Yep, reminds me of an old checkbook cover I had in college, "I can't be overdrawn, I still have checks left!" :eek:

Binky
03-29-2009, 11:23 AM
It seems we are destined to repeat the same mistakes of long ago. Scary times we live in, and our parents and grandparents made it through. We will come out it stronger as well.