PDA

View Full Version : Rush to New York: Drop Dead

03-30-2009, 09:16 PM
http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/home/daily/site_033009/content/01125108.guest.html

This is the perfect example of what happens when government keeps raising taxes. People who can afford to move the heck out. So instead of creating more revenues for the state, it decreases them.

I'm telling you, these people have been paying a lot of tax freight. There is no way Governor Paterson's going to raise $4 billion a year on this. Because, folks, it's axiomatic: when you raise taxes on an activity, you reduce that activity. People start doing that activity less. In this case: working. When you reduce taxes on an activity, then that activity increases. When you reduce taxes on income, people start working harder to earn more. Governor Paterson needs to cut taxes on people. He needs to spur investment. He needs to get people going and working. It's just the exact opposite. Governor Paterson is like most other liberal Democrats: zero-sum game. The economy is a pie. It never grows. Somebody gets their slice; somebody gets their slice.

If somebody's slice is bigger than somebody else's it means that somebody else is being cheated. So we gotta even this out. Obama looks at it the same way. So massive tax increases in New York -- and, of course, in New York City. And over all spending in New York will go up over 9%, almost 9%, overly spending will go up almost 9% while tax increases go up like 31% to a little over 8% in New York for the "super rich." (interruption) I don't know what the breaking point in New York is, Mr. Snerdley when people leave. (snorts) I'm leaving. I'm leaving. I am seriously... See, ladies and gentlemen, I would love to tell this story. I don't think I should. I don't think I should get personal, but I would love to tell my tax audit story of New York State and New York City since 1997. It happens every year, but that's not the point. I have to prove 14 different ways where I am every day of the year. I have to prove 14 different ways, 'cause I pay New York state and city tax on a per diem.

When I am there working I pay whatever, you know, my rate is based on income for that day in New York. And I try to go as little as possible. If it weren't for hurricanes down here, I would never go up there. New York is the escape valve in case hurricanes are showing up in our area, because of the loss of electricity. So I'll tell you what I'm going to do. I'm going to look for an alternative studio somewhere outside New York, perhaps Texas -- another no-income-tax state -- and I'm going to get the hell over there, when a hurricane starts coming our way, 'cause I told Mayor Bloomberg: I'll be the first to lead the way. You know, this is just... I'll sell my apartment. I'll sell my condominium. I'm going to get out of there totally, 'cause this is just absurd, and it's ridiculous -- and it isn't going to work. It's punishing the achievers for the mistakes and the lack of discipline on the part of a bunch of corrupt politicians that have run that city and state into the ground for I don't know how many years -- and I, for one, am not going to take the blame for it.

5stringJeff
03-31-2009, 03:28 PM
Good for Rush. Hell, I don't know what anyone finds attractive abut NYC.

PostmodernProphet
03-31-2009, 06:17 PM
Didn't Bloomberg say recently that 45,000 people pay 90% of New York City's taxes?......and that if those 45,000 people decided to move he was screwed?.......