PDA

View Full Version : Downtime - hopefully resolved!

jimnyc
01-15-2007, 01:52 PM
Made a post in my hosts forum in hopes that another customer might have an idea what my issue is. One of the techs read my post, investigated the issue and found the problem. Let's cross our fingers!

My post:

I'm having an issue where users can sometimes get to my site and at other times they cannot. It seems hit or miss. EVERYONE can always get to my site via IP address though, leading me to believe it's some sort of DNS problem.

My site is debatepolicy.com and IP is 69.73.190.190

I've had several tickets open with Jag. First my site was moved to another server, then someone said there was a slight DNS setup error, but has since been corrected. I opened one last ticket yesterday and was told all is in order, and I certainly have no reason to doubt them. But unfortunately I'm still getting emails and PM's from users that they can't get to the site, and that after several hours they can (or some can that know the IP)

I ran diags from dnsstuff.com and got a few errors that I don't understand:
http://www.dnsstuff.com/tools/dnsrep...batepolicy.com (http://www.dnsstuff.com/tools/dnsreport.ch?domain=debatepolicy.com)

I just figured since you guys were all on Jag, and all seem knowledgeable, someone might be able to shed some light for me.

His reply:

The problem is you have these name servers at your domain registrar

ns3.jaguarpc.net
ns4.jaguarpc.net

while the dns zone has

ns.nodirect.com
ns2.nodirect.com

Some ISPs have difficulty with that. I have corrected this for you. Please PM me this last ticket #.

These are the nameservers I've always used. Apparently I was supposed to change after the move but was never told. They made changes on their end to reflect those I'm using so no propagation would have to happen.

Gaffer
01-15-2007, 02:06 PM
COOL :beer:

stephanie
01-15-2007, 02:09 PM
Hey Jimmy I just got on my computer and decided to try debatepolicy.........
IT WORKED FOR ME:thumb:

:beer:

KarlMarx
01-15-2007, 02:13 PM
Hey Jimmy I just got on my computer and decided to try debatepolicy.........
IT WORKED FOR ME:thumb:

:beer:
Then, the problem that Jim described must have been the the cause of all of this....

Mr. P
01-15-2007, 02:23 PM
I still say it was computer cooties. That's my story and I'm stickin to it! Damnit.

stephanie
01-15-2007, 02:45 PM
I still say it was computer cooties. That's my story and I'm stickin to it! Damnit.

:lol:

jimnyc
01-15-2007, 03:53 PM
I'm glad that appears to have been the issue. Please let me know if anyone else experiences any glitches.

CSM
01-15-2007, 07:03 PM
I'm glad that appears to have been the issue. Please let me know if anyone else experiences any glitches.

Well, I've tried waiting, cussing and even whacked my computer a few times but still no money falls out and into my hand.

Or did you mean with the board?