PDA

View Full Version : Jews Have Higher IQs

5stringJeff
04-04-2007, 05:29 PM
Don't believe me, believe this guy.

SNIP
Jews have been found to have an unusually high mean intelligence as measured by IQ tests since the first Jewish samples were tested. (The widely repeated story that Jewish immigrants to this country in the early 20th century tested low on IQ is a canard.) Exactly how high has been difficult to pin down, because Jewish sub-samples in the available surveys are seldom perfectly representative. But it is currently accepted that the mean is somewhere in the range of 107 to 115, with 110 being a plausible compromise.

The IQ mean for the American population is “normed” to be 100, with a standard deviation of 15. If the Jewish mean is 110, then the mathematics of the normal distribution says that the average Jew is at the 75th percentile.
SNIP

http://extremecentre.org/2007/04/01/le-genie-des-juifs/#more-4947

Nuc
04-04-2007, 07:52 PM
That's obvious. It's one of the causes of anti-Semitism. People are usually jealous of the more intelligent.

Kathianne
04-04-2007, 07:56 PM
That's obvious. It's one of the causes of anti-Semitism. People are usually jealous of the more intelligent.

I'd say it has more to do with more educated parents. 10 pts, pshaw! Jews highly regard education.

Dilloduck
04-04-2007, 07:57 PM

Got anything to back that up?

Nuc
04-04-2007, 07:57 PM
I'd say it has more to do with more educated parents. 10 pts, pshaw! Jews highly regard education.

Asians are also smarter and people are jealous of them.

Kathianne
04-04-2007, 07:59 PM
Asians are also smarter and people are jealous of them.

Then one must look at the 'family' and 'culture'. Not smarter, more determined and focused.

Nuc
04-04-2007, 08:16 PM
Got anything to back that up?

Back what up? That Jews are smarter than the average person? or that people are jealous of the more intelligent?

Either way a lifetime of observation and experience back it up.

Nuc
04-04-2007, 08:17 PM
Then one must look at the 'family' and 'culture'. Not smarter, more determined and focused.

If not smarter, more successful.

Kathianne
04-04-2007, 08:28 PM
If not smarter, more successful.

Successful is not the equivalent of 'smarter' or 'more intelligent'. Successful usually is a result of diligence and application.

Dilloduck
04-04-2007, 08:30 PM
Back what up? That Jews are smarter than the average person? or that people are jealous of the more intelligent?

Either way a lifetime of observation and experience back it up.

That people are anti-semitic because they are jealous of the intelligence of Jews.

Kathianne
04-04-2007, 08:34 PM
That people are anti-semitic because they are jealous of the intelligence of Jews.

How about some think Jews are more 'intelligent' when the truth is they are just more educated? Those aren't equivalent you know

Nuc
04-04-2007, 09:10 PM
How about some think Jews are more 'intelligent' when the truth is they are just more educated? Those aren't equivalent you know

Isn't that what this topic is about? That Jews on average have a higher IQ?

Abbey Marie
04-05-2007, 12:32 PM
Jeff, are you trying to make RWA's ban even more difficult for him? ;)

Kathianne
04-05-2007, 12:53 PM
Isn't that what this topic is about? That Jews on average have a higher IQ?

intelligence and education are not necessarily the same thing.

Dilloduck
04-05-2007, 01:32 PM

Never said they were--I just want to hear some evidence that people are anti-semitic because of Jewish intellect. I've never heard any of em say they hate Jews because Jews are so smart .

Nuc
04-05-2007, 03:19 PM
Never said they were--I just want to hear some evidence that people are anti-semitic because of Jewish intellect. I've never heard any of em say they hate Jews because Jews are so smart .

Most people wouldn't say, "I hate so and so because he/they are smarter than me." Nevertheless it frequently works that way.

I've see blacks ranging from idiotic to brilliant.

Members of most white ethnic groups ranging from moron to genius.

Asians likewise.

But I haven't me a whole lot of mentally deficient Jews.

I am speaking only from my own experience.

Dilloduck
04-05-2007, 05:08 PM
Most people wouldn't say, "I hate so and so because he/they are smarter than me." Nevertheless it frequently works that way.

I've see blacks ranging from idiotic to brilliant.

Members of most white ethnic groups ranging from moron to genius.

Asians likewise.

But I haven't me a whole lot of mentally deficient Jews.

I am speaking only from my own experience.

So you are just using your own life experience to assume that people are anti-setimitic because jews have a higher than average IQ ? That kind of thinking is the same kind of thinking that a bigot would use.

typomaniac
04-05-2007, 05:21 PM
Don't believe me, believe this guy.

SNIP
Jews have been found to have an unusually high mean intelligence as measured by IQ tests since the first Jewish samples were tested. (The widely repeated story that Jewish immigrants to this country in the early 20th century tested low on IQ is a canard.) Exactly how high has been difficult to pin down, because Jewish sub-samples in the available surveys are seldom perfectly representative. But it is currently accepted that the mean is somewhere in the range of 107 to 115, with 110 being a plausible compromise.

The IQ mean for the American population is “normed” to be 100, with a standard deviation of 15. If the Jewish mean is 110, then the mathematics of the normal distribution says that the average Jew is at the 75th percentile.
SNIP

http://extremecentre.org/2007/04/01/le-genie-des-juifs/#more-4947Actually, there may be a valid reason to suspect that the "average Jew" is smarter than the "average non-Jew." (I'm speaking as someone who's ethnically Jewish but no longer practices Judaism, so I know a little something about this.)

The reason is: historically, Jews have "bred" for high intelligence.

What I mean by this is the universal belief in Jewish communities of the past that the scholar was the most respected and revered occupation. Only the most intelligent men could aspire to be scholars. More importantly, the town scholar would traditionally be married to the daughter of the richest man, who would support the family and all of its children. Not only that, but scholars were basically expected to father as many children as possible. It's pretty clear that, even in those days, they were trying to create as many smart kids as they could manage.

Nuc
04-05-2007, 06:03 PM
So you are just using your own life experience to assume that people are anti-setimitic because jews have a higher than average IQ ? That kind of thinking is the same kind of thinking that a bigot would use.

I never said it was THE reason. There are many other reasons. People are jealous of their business success and the way they stick together. Some religious knuckleheads blame them for the plight of Jesus. Some people don't like Israel.

manu1959
04-05-2007, 06:05 PM

you know .... if they were really smart ... they would get out of the spotlight

Nuc
04-05-2007, 06:06 PM

But they can't be too smart if they don't eat pork and shellfish!:poke:

Dilloduck
04-05-2007, 06:13 PM

Damn that's a great point---but I think being in the spotlight is genetic too.