PDA

View Full Version : Barack Obama's gift for the Queen: an iPod, your Majesty

-Cp
04-01-2009, 01:11 PM
WTH??????????????????????

First DVD's for the Prime Minister and now this???

Barack Obama met the Queen at Buckingham Palace today and gave her a gift of an iPod loaded with video footage and photographs of her 2007 visit to the United States. In return, the Queen gave the President a silver framed photograph of herself - apparently a standard present for visiting dignitaries.

The Queen already has an iPod, a 6GB silver Mini version she bought in 2005 at the suggestion of Prince Andrew.

Earlier, Mr Obama had spoken of his admiration for Her Majesty but indicated that his wife was handling the details of their royal meeting. "There's one last thing that I should mention that I love about Great Britain, and that is the Queen," he said at the end of his joint press conference with Gordon Brown.

"And so I'm very much looking forward to meeting her for the first time later this evening. And as you might imagine, Michelle has been really thinking that through -- because I think in the imagination of people throughout America, I think what the Queen stands for and her decency and her civility, what she represents, that's very important."

Mr Brown added: "Well, I know the Queen is looking forward to welcoming you and she's very much looking forward to her discussion with you."

http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/toby_harnden/blog/2009/04/01/barack_obamas_gift_for_the_queen_an_ipod_your_maje sty

emmett
04-01-2009, 01:17 PM
I'm sure the moment registered way up there for the queen after much anticipation of her finally getting to meet the Messiah! It gives me goose bumps.....really!

By the way.... what purpose does the queen actually serve anyhow?

stephanie
04-01-2009, 01:18 PM
kinda tacky if you ask me..but

MtnBiker
04-01-2009, 01:30 PM
Does it suprise anyone that the telepromter president is giving electronic gadgets as gifts?

Yurt
04-01-2009, 01:33 PM
its probably filled with heavenly quotes by the messiah hissself

stephanie
04-01-2009, 01:48 PM
its probably filled with heavenly quotes by the messiah hissself

Oh my.:lmao:

MtnBiker
04-01-2009, 01:51 PM
it could be filled with tax avoidance tips authored by his cabinet

PostmodernProphet
04-01-2009, 02:10 PM
beats a box of DVDs.....

Sitarro
04-01-2009, 02:15 PM
I would hope it's at least a "Touch" since it was loaded with pictures of the Queens visit to the United States in 2007. This woman is 82 years old, has an official photographer that follows her everywhere and no doubt has a book of photos from that trip on her coffee table........ don't the Demwitocrats have anyone that is old enough to know what an age appropriate gift would be best for the Queen Of England?

I would think a piece of art would have been more fitting but I would hate to guess what type of Velvet Stevie Wonder portrait Michelle would have come up with.

MtnBiker
04-01-2009, 02:22 PM
beats a box of DVDs.....

well that is for people who are blind in one eye, the queen must be able to hear in both ears

stephanie
04-01-2009, 02:22 PM
Velvet Stevie wonder...damn..tried to rep ya after I stopped laughing so hard, but need to spread it around..

04-01-2009, 03:14 PM
I was half expecting him to give her the original 13 colonies back.

stephanie
04-01-2009, 03:21 PM

:thumb:

Kathianne
04-01-2009, 03:47 PM

LOL! Couldn't do that, most are Blue States. ;)

PostmodernProphet
04-01-2009, 05:43 PM
LOL! Couldn't do that, most are Blue States. ;)

she wouldn't take the blue states....

AlbumAddict
04-01-2009, 05:57 PM

:bow2: :bow2: :bow2: :bow2: :bow2: :bow2:
OMG...ROFLMAO...That led to a huge burst of laughter...I scared my daughter!!!

More info on the visit http://washingtontimes.com/news/2009/apr/01/curl-schedule-leaves-obama-media-no-show/ Apparantly timing isn't everything!

And while I'm on the subject...is anyone else SICK OF HEARING ABOUT MICHELLE OBAMA'S clothes???!!!! I don't freakin' care what she wears or how much she (we) spends as long as she keeps it all covered.

stephanie
04-01-2009, 06:08 PM
:bow2: :bow2: :bow2: :bow2: :bow2: :bow2:
OMG...ROFLMAO...That led to a huge burst of laughter...I scared my daughter!!!

More info on the visit http://washingtontimes.com/news/2009/apr/01/curl-schedule-leaves-obama-media-no-show/ Apparantly timing isn't everything!

And while I'm on the subject...is anyone else SICK OF HEARING ABOUT MICHELLE OBAMA'S clothes???!!!! I don't freakin' care what she wears or how much she (we) spends as long as she keeps it all covered.

that's all we heard about today from the lamestream media, and how all the children were running along side waving and cheering this American President not seen since JFKennedy was in office.., and of course how they never did that when President Bush was visited..

It's been enough to gag a maggot..:laugh2:

Trigg
04-01-2009, 06:27 PM
MSNBC's comment on the subject "I hear it had video of her 2007 visit, how nice"

puke

emmett
04-01-2009, 06:48 PM
(......Emmett looks up from his perch on knees in front of toilet.......belches and puts head back in toilet......)

Kathianne
04-01-2009, 06:54 PM
(......Emmett looks up from his perch on knees in front of toilet.......belches and puts head back in toilet......)

I'm feeling ill from the sharing...

REDWHITEBLUE2
04-01-2009, 07:03 PM
I was half expecting him to give her the original 13 colonies back. Damn it don't give the ASSCLOWN oBAMA any ideas

hjmick
04-01-2009, 07:10 PM
At least she can use the iPod, unlike Brown and his DVDs.