PDA

View Full Version : Pro-Obama Bias?

Jagger
04-02-2009, 01:19 PM
Brent Bozell thinks asking if Barack Obama deserves some blame for the economic situation demonstrates "pro-Obama bias."

http://mediamatters.org/countyfair/200904010008

How does that prove bias?

Kathianne
04-02-2009, 01:24 PM

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/brent-bozell/2009/03/31/bozell-column-washington-polling-games

..Check out the way this question was asked by the Post pollsters.

"How much of the blame do you think [fill in the blank] deserves for the country’s economic situation?" The choices were corporations, banks, consumers, the Bush team, and the Obama administration. There’s a built-in pro-Obama bias in there already: assigning blame to Obama for the current economy when he’s been in office for nine weeks just seems harsh to most people. But just because they (correctly) don’t blame him as the primary cause for our current woes, this doesn’t mean for a second that the public endorses his "solutions," as the Post suggests....

Since you had the answer, why the hell did you ask?

emmett
04-02-2009, 01:54 PM

Read your own link / article. It is quite entertaining jag that you continue to be such a one sided sort who appears to have only one ear. How do you make rational decisions? Do you just believe everything left with total disregard for any dissention. Wouldn't you admit that is shallow?

I have never seen you offer a challenging, thinking post on this website. Instead you remain one of those very uninteresting folks who simply echoes the same old spamulated jargin time and time again. This makes what you say less credible. So...basically you are wasting your time because no one wants to debate with someone that they feel will not hear a thing they say.

Here... to demonstrate my sense of fair play, which I have made up my mind this [post IS about, I will criticize myself as an additional example. I do this because I want you to read the rest of what I have to say and no better way to make a point you are passionate about than to make the strongest and weakest part of the argument known.

This board needs, as all do, good representation of all the ideas being discussed. A person who is as passionate as you obviously are about being a Liberal and those beliefs all the way to the even sometimes more radical views of a Libertarian like myself for example. Now let's examine how our prospective views are recieved by this board, who as we know is largely Conservative. You, have posted some 660 posts and have recieved NO reputation compliment multiple due in large part to your repitition and spamming. I on the other hand, while I still dissent constantly with both left and right, have the largest per post reputation rating in the board's history. What does this mean, does it mean that I'm anything? Hell No! I'm just like you in essence, I'm just a good debator, hence the name my young friend, "El Debator."

Now mind you Jag, there are Liberals on here with very respectable ratings whom I enjoy their dialog very much. The argue passionately their opinions with feeling, refusing to compromise their beliefs and make waaaay more headway than you, as you choose your tacky, repetitive methodology of sickening us with the same old thing, post after post after post after post etc,....

This fact is too bad for many reasons. One, you discredit your cause. I mean I assume since you spent enough time to comprise the average American work week on here last month yet made no points of significant value what so ever. Was this due to your inability. No. Your an intelligent man, you navigate the web well, you find all these articles, you are obviously articulate enough to spell well, speak well and write well from what I can see so I am left to believe that you choose to waste all that talent with childlike behavior unbecoming of yourself or your cause.

I have a similar problem. At times I get so passionate about my points that I get tunnelvision. I want everyone in the country to become a Libertarian so bad I post and post these guiltridden threads aimed at the conscience of my fellow board members. I know when I have aggrevated them because they start to ignore me. It's like...."Ut-Oh....Here goes Emmett again!" The thing is though....they read em. The reason they read em is because even though they may not agree with them they are written in a way that demonstrates my intention without insulting anyone or being so repetitive it could be considered spam. Even you read everyone of them.

OK...what is my point? I would love to see you become a real voice for your Liberal opinions. I will be the first to comliment you when that occurs. You are merely 9 good argumentive points away from a zero rep pal cause I can smack you with over 7,000 everytime you do it. I have never neg rep'd you. Go back and look. While you may have thought that because I have picked on you (tactfully) I have not because I want every Lib to do as I am asking you. You don't have to sacrifice any of the passion, you just to get over thinking that you are stimulating any thought or debate by your antics...because you are not!

Now shape up and get in here and make Liberals out of us! Challenge our conscience, explain why your way is better. Make us believe son! Challenge yourself. I have given you an assignment now are you up to the task or will you just come off with some smart ass shit that proves everything I have said here. Make it good and watch the rep flow. I'll be watching and you can bet I'll be ready to rep anything good.

emmett
04-02-2009, 02:01 PM
Oops.....thought I was on a PM but I'll leave it. I gotta stop smoking that stuff!

stephanie
04-02-2009, 03:22 PM
Paid troll or paid hooker for media matters?.:eek:

emmett
04-02-2009, 03:25 PM
Paid troll or paid hooker for media matters?.:eek:

An informative little cuss isn't he?

:cool:

Kathianne
04-02-2009, 03:51 PM
Oops.....thought I was on a PM but I'll leave it. I gotta stop smoking that stuff!

Paper plates won't hurt you, well as far as I know. :coffee: