PDA

View Full Version : My dog, she kills me..........

Trinity
04-02-2009, 09:55 PM
I have this dog I took in about 2 years ago, someone dumped her off on our road. She is an older dog and I believe based on photos and info we found she is a full blooded plotthound. She is the most sweetest, lovable dog! She is very well behaved and rarely barks. She is the best dog!

But when it is thundering and lighting outside, she is cowering under my desk shaking like no other, she reminds me of a 2 year old child. She probably weighs around 75lbs so she is not a little dog, and this breed was bread to hunt wild boar.

She shows that aggression when it comes to the neighbors dog, who she hates! After this dog came in my front door a year ago, and tried to take her chew bone. That's a whole other story, but let's just say the neighbors dog is part husky and wolf, and both times Chocolate has whipped her ass! (EDIT) ( Just so there is no issue I do not condone dog fights, and do everything in my power to make sure the idiot next door does not have his dog's out running lose before I let mine go out to use the bathroom) But like I said that is a whole other story.

But to see her shaking under my desk like she does is quite comical. I feel for her, but nothing I say or do will bring her out until she no longer hears thunder.

Jeff
04-03-2009, 07:16 AM
I have this dog I took in about 2 years ago, someone dumped her off on our road. She is an older dog and I believe based on photos and info we found she is a full blooded plotthound. She is the most sweetest, lovable dog! She is very well behaved and rarely barks. She is the best dog!

But when it is thundering and lighting outside, she is cowering under my desk shaking like no other, she reminds me of a 2 year old child. She probably weighs around 75lbs so she is not a little dog, and this breed was bread to hunt wild boar.

She shows that aggression when it comes to the neighbors dog, who she hates! After this dog came in my front door a year ago, and tried to take her chew bone. That's a whole other story, but let's just say the neighbors dog is part husky and wolf, and both times Chocolate has whipped her ass! (EDIT) ( Just so there is no issue I do not condone dog fights, and do everything in my power to make sure the idiot next door does not have his dog's out running lose before I let mine go out to use the bathroom) But like I said that is a whole other story.

But to see her shaking under my desk like she does is quite comical. I feel for her, but nothing I say or do will bring her out until she no longer hears thunder.

Trinity it sounds like your dog is gun shy ( afraid of load noises) I am not sure were ya live ( if they have allot of hunting with dogs there ) but that could be why she was found abandoned , if a dog is gun shy it is no good to a hunter, but still can make a wonderful pet.

Said1
04-03-2009, 11:44 AM
My beagle is TERRIFIED of the broom. He either hides or barks and growls at it, when I'm sweeping. I have no idea why!

jackass
04-03-2009, 01:48 PM
My suggestion, watch the Dog Whisperer. He is amazing! If you do what he says, you can get them over their issues.