PDA

View Full Version : A bit of car history

Mr. P
04-03-2009, 07:32 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S4KrIMZpwCY

Trigg
04-03-2009, 08:18 PM
Ford was a very smart man and quite a shyster:laugh2:. He would demand that parts be packaged for him in wooden containers that he would then use for his autos. No waste since he used everything!!

A little history of my own?? My first car was a mustang, loved that car!!!! It would shimmy if it went over 50, so when I got my first speeding ticket going 60MPH, I knew it was wrong!!!!!!! Crooked cops in New Orleans!! No wonder I moved :laugh2:

Mr. P
04-03-2009, 09:08 PM
Ford was a very smart man and quite a shyster:laugh2:. He would demand that parts be packaged for him in wooden containers that he would then use for his autos. No waste since he used everything!!

A little history of my own?? My first car was a mustang, loved that car!!!! It would shimmy if it went over 50, so when I got my first speeding ticket going 60MPH, I knew it was wrong!!!!!!! Crooked cops in New Orleans!! No wonder I moved :laugh2:

I'll go with a smart man. :thumb:

hjmick
04-03-2009, 09:10 PM

And anti-Semite whose writings inspired Hitler.

Trigg
04-03-2009, 09:11 PM

yep......but not so good for the suppliers who were putting out extra money for the wooden parts.

Smart guy though, Ford would probably be in a better position today if someone like him was incharge.

Mr. P
04-03-2009, 09:27 PM
yep......but not so good for the suppliers who were putting out extra money for the wooden parts.

Smart guy though, Ford would probably be in a better position today if someone like him was incharge.

Well, they didn't have to do business with him...But just what else could they pack in back then anyway, plastic? :laugh2:

hjmick
04-03-2009, 09:29 PM
Another of Ford's contributions to America that should not be overlooked: Charcoal briquets.

More specifically, Kingsford.

Mr. P
04-03-2009, 09:30 PM
And anti-Semite whose writings inspired Hitler.

Yeah, yeah, so did Big Daddy Bush, or so I hear. :eek:

Mr. P
04-03-2009, 09:31 PM
Another of Ford's contributions to America that should not be overlooked: Charcoal briquets.

He did that? I thought that was Kingsford. :laugh2:

hjmick
04-03-2009, 09:34 PM
He did that? I thought that was Kingsford. :laugh2:

The Kingsford Company was formed by Henry Ford and E.G. Kingsford during the early 1920s. Charcoal was developed from Ford Motor Company's factory wastes.

Yeah, yeah, so did Big Daddy Bush, or so I hear. :eek:

He was indicted for doing business with the enemy, or so I'm told.

Mr. P
04-03-2009, 09:37 PM
The Kingsford Company was formed by Henry Ford and E.G. Kingsford during the early 1920s. Charcoal was developed from Ford Motor Company's factory wastes.

That's interesting, I didn't know that.

Trigg
04-08-2009, 03:50 PM
Well, they didn't have to do business with him...But just what else could they pack in back then anyway, plastic? :laugh2:

Smart alack!!!

From documentaries of Ford, he required that the boxes be of a specific type of wood and specific measurements. That way he could unpack the parts he had ordered and use the wood also. A nice way to get a part for free.

Mr. P
04-08-2009, 03:54 PM
Smart alack!!!

From documentaries of Ford, he required that the boxes be of a specific type of wood and specific measurements. That way he could unpack the parts he had ordered and use the wood also. A nice way to get a part for free.

He was a smart businessman. No?

glockmail
04-08-2009, 04:00 PM
Smart alack!!!

From documentaries of Ford, he required that the boxes be of a specific type of wood and specific measurements. That way he could unpack the parts he had ordered and use the wood also. A nice way to get a part for free. What parts were wood?

Trigg
04-08-2009, 04:01 PM
He was a smart businessman. No?

Like I said, Ford, the car company, would probably be in much better shape today if someone like him was still in charge.

Mr. P
04-08-2009, 04:08 PM
What parts were wood?

The wheels in early day..ck the vid.

Trigg
04-08-2009, 04:11 PM
What parts were wood?

http://www.theprovince.com/cars/Pizzazz+came+form+wood/1324472/story.html

I"ll try to find some other examples, but I'm trying to make dinner also so I might be a little slow.

Mr. P
04-08-2009, 04:14 PM
http://www.theprovince.com/cars/Pizzazz+came+form+wood/1324472/story.html

I"ll try to find some other examples, but I'm trying to make dinner also so I might be a little slow.

Whaycha burnin? :poke:

Trigg
04-08-2009, 04:22 PM
Whaycha burnin? :poke:

ha ha very funny :slap:

I was going to make meatballs and gravy.....but I forgot to set the hamburger out before I went to work this morning and it wasn't thawed out enough.

So, we're having stew with cornbread. It's only in the high 40's here, perfect stew weather.

Mr. P
04-08-2009, 04:29 PM
ha ha very funny :slap:

I was going to make meatballs and gravy.....but I forgot to set the hamburger out before I went to work this morning and it wasn't thawed out enough.

So, we're having stew with cornbread. It's only in the high 40's here, perfect stew weather.

Cornbread! I'll be there in 10!!! If ya add some green beans an blackeyed peas.

hjmick
04-08-2009, 04:32 PM
Jalapeno cornbread?

Mr. P
04-08-2009, 04:35 PM
Jalapeno cornbread?

Is good...will ya be there too?

hjmick
04-08-2009, 04:40 PM
Is good...will ya be there too?

Nah, just curious. Got to work on the house. The sooner I'm done, the sooner we move.