PDA

View Full Version : Take the Limbaugh Challenge

red states rule
04-06-2009, 07:04 AM
Yet more stuff that makes you think that Obama's (and the liberal meida's) attack on Rush is backfiring.

Take the Limbaugh Challenge

Liberals who hate Rush Limbaugh -- why don't you actually listen to his show before bashing him?

By Andrew Klavan
March 29, 2009

If you are reading this newspaper, the likelihood is that you agree with the Obama administration's recent attacks on conservative radio talker Rush Limbaugh. That's the likelihood; here's the certainty: You've never listened to Rush Limbaugh.

Oh no, you haven't. Whenever I interrupt a liberal's anti-Limbaugh rant to point out that the ranter has never actually listened to the man, he always says the same thing: "I've heard him!"

On further questioning, it always turns out that by "heard him," he means he's heard the selected excerpts spoon-fed him by the distortion-mongers of the mainstream media. These excerpts are specifically designed to accomplish one thing: to make sure you never actually listen to Limbaugh's show, never actually give him a fair chance to speak his piece to you directly.

By lifting some typically Rushian piece of outrageous hilarity completely out of context, the distortion gang knows full well it can get you to widen your eyes and open your mouth in the universal sign of Liberal Outrage. Your scrawny chest swelling with a warm sense of completely unearned righteousness, you will turn to your second spouse and say, "I'm not a liberal, I'm a moderate, and I'm tolerant of a wide range of differing views -- but this goes too far!"

There is more untruthfulness in that statement than in a speech by President Obama. Even the commas are self-deceiving. You're not a moderate or you wouldn't be reading this newspaper. You're not tolerant of a wide range of views; you are tolerant of a narrow spectrum of variations on your views. And, whatever you claim, you still haven't listened to Rush Limbaugh.

Which leads to a question: Why not? I mean, come on, the guy's one of the figures of the age. Aren't you even curious? I listen to all your guys: NBC, CBS, ABC, CNN, The Times, the New York Times, the New Yorker -- I check out the whole left-wing hallelujah chorus. Why are you afraid to spend a couple of hours listening to Limbaugh's show and seriously considering if and why you disagree with him?

Let me guess at your answer. You don't need to listen to him. You've heard enough to know he's a) racist, b) hateful, c) stupid, d) merely an outrageous entertainer not to be taken seriously or e) all of the above.

http://www.latimes.com/news/opinion/commentary/la-oe-klavan29-2009mar29,0,5456892.story

red states rule
04-06-2009, 07:32 AM
and Rush's ratings tell the real story of how effective Obama's attacks have worked for him

snip

Some specifics:

In New York City, WABC has experienced huge gains during Rush's noon- 3pm timeslot: from 4.6 to 6.7 overall (12 and older) share, good for first place overall in the nation's largest market. Rush's Big Apple listenership is now estimated at 693,000.

In the second-largest market, Los Angeles, KFI-AM has surged into the number one position (all listeners 12 and older) from 9am to noon, with 618,000 listeners, a 4.6 to 6.0 audience share increase over three months and an even bigger males 35-64 (4.6 to 6.3) move, to take first place there as well.

Chicago, saw another huge move, with Rush affiliate WLS also taking first place during his timeslot (12 and older), from 5.2 share to 6.9 and a total local listenership of 396,700 in the third-largest market.

KSFO / San Francisco saw similar results, despite the extreme-left bent of the Bay Area: 4.7 to 6.0 share, now ranking second overall and with men aged 35-64. Total audience: 346,000.

In Dallas - Fort Worth, 4.8 to 6.4 men 35-64 and fourth overall (12+), 3.5 to 4.5. Cumulative audience: 250,000.

Houston's results were truly blockbuster: 6.0 to 9.8 overall, ranking number one with a bullet and audience of 382,300. Men 35-64: number one again, from 8.6 to 12.2 over three months. Adults 25-54: first place, 4.6 to 8.7. Women 25-54: 3.7 to 8.3 again good for a top ranking.

DC's WMAL also saw Rush-related growth: 4.1 to 6.7, good for third overall and an audience of 155,300. Men 35-64: number one with a staggering 6.4 to 13.4 move.

In Atlanta, Rush has helped WGST fend off an enormous competitor, WSB-AM, with a similar 4.0 to 6.2 upward move, good for fifth place overall and a total audience of 473,500. The results are better in the male 35-64 demographic, surging from 5.5 to 8.0 share.

Bucking Detroit's recent Democratic voting trend, Rush's performance on WJR-AM has been more significant than ever, moving into first place with a 5.8 to 9.6 jump. Men 35-64: number one and 11.6 share. Total audience: 253,000.

Given this blockbuster data, will the White House think twice before targeting Rush again?

Keep in mind that these numbers don't even include Limbaugh's strongest markets, medium-sized cities such as Reno, Albuquerque, Boise, Fresno, Bakersfield and hundreds of others where his program dominates local radio.

UPDATE: Rush's surge has also led to overall, full-day gains at most of these stations, with WABC/ New York moving into fifth place overall, ahead of many music stations. That's its best showing in at least a year.

KSFO/ San Francisco also rose overall, grabbing sixth place, while WLS/ Chicago now ranks second, a stunning feat.

http://radioequalizer.blogspot.com/2009/03/rush-limbaugh-talk-radio-experience.html

bullypulpit
04-06-2009, 07:32 AM
Well gosh Red, I used to listen to Rush all the time, back in the early 90's when I was a delivery driver. He was more funny than vitriolic then. BUt I started school again and I listened less and less...sometimes for six months to a year. I even called into his show and talked with him. But I still listened, and whenever I did listen, I found his shows to have taken on a quality of meaness...as in petty and vexatious...and pandering to the prejudices and ignorance of his listeners. Sure, Rush throws a few facts in with his invective, but facts only compromise about 20% of his dialogue. The remaining 80% is bullshit, hyperbole and disinformation.

I still tune in every now and then...but only to hear for myself what he says rather than depend on what someone else tells me...A lesson you, and your fellow travelers, would do well to learn.

Oh, and as for Mr. Klavan's claim that, "I have never heard the man utter a single racist, hateful or stupid word...", well he can't really have been listening.

red states rule
04-06-2009, 07:34 AM
Well gosh Red, I used to listen to Rush all the time, back in the early 90's when I was a delivery driver. He was more funny than vitriolic then. BUt I started school again and I listened less and less...sometimes for six months to a year. I even called into his show and talked with him. But I still listened, and whenever I did listen, I found his shows to have taken on a quality of meaness...as in petty and vexatious...and pandering to the prejudices and ignorance of his listeners. Sure, Rush throws a few facts in with his invective, but facts only compromise about 20% of his dialogue. The remaining 80% is bullshit, hyperbole and disinformation.

I still tune in every now and then...but only to hear for myself what he says rather than depend on what someone else tells me...A lesson you, and your fellow travelers, would do well to learn.

Then wjy is your #1 source for most topics is Media Matters - a hate site that has been proven to be nothing but a George Soros hate site that distorts comments from non liberal supporters?

bullypulpit
04-06-2009, 07:39 AM
Then wjy is your #1 source for most topics is Media Matters - a hate site that has been proven to be nothing but a George Soros hate site that distorts comments from non liberal supporters?

Please present this "proof"... :link: please.

Since you've never really bothered to visit the site and explore its content, you wouldn't know that they directly quote, and give the full context to the material presented.

GW in Ohio
04-06-2009, 07:42 AM

Oh, and as for Mr. Klavan's claim that, "I have never heard the man utter a single racist, hateful or stupid word...", well he can't really have been listening.

Like you, Bully, I've listened to enough of Rush to know what he's all about.

Like you, I used to be a regular listener because I used to be a conservative Republican. Rush used to be a lot funnier...a lot more interesting.

I've tried to listen to Rush in recent years, but I can't listen to more than 10 minutes of him. All he is is partisan propaganda, and heavy-handed propaganda at that.

And he's boring....O Jesus, is he boring. He talks about himself an awful lot. And there seems to be as much time devoted to content as there is to actual programming.

And for those who claim that ol' Rush is popular....yeah, he's popular with the right-wing base, which these days comprises about 25% of the electorate. They tune in to have their biases and their right-wing stupidity validated.

red states rule
04-06-2009, 07:42 AM
Please present this "proof"... :link: please.

1) Go back and read your posts. You are constantly using Media Matters as your "unbiased" source

2) Media Matters is funded by Soros that snips quotes and lies about what people have said

red states rule
04-06-2009, 07:45 AM
Like you, Bully, I've listened to enough of Rush to know what he's all about.

Like you, I used to be a regular listener because I used to be a conservative Republican. Rush used to be a lot funnier...a lot more interesting.

I've tried to listen to Rush in recent years, but I can't listen to more than 10 minutes of him. All he is is partisan propaganda, and heavy-handed propaganda at that.

And he's boring....O Jesus, is he boring. He talks about himself an awful lot. And there seems to be as much time devoted to content as there is to actual programming.

And for those who claim that ol' Rush is popular....yeah, he's popular with the right-wing base, which these days comprises about 25% of the electorate. They tune in to have their biases and their right-wing stupidity validated.

So like most libs, you will repeat what sites like Media Matters say about Rush - but will not listen for yourself and think for yourself

That is a good thing if you are an Obama supporter and having to defend the broken promises and power grabs your party is trying to pull off

GW in Ohio
04-06-2009, 07:55 AM
So like most libs, you will repeat what sites like Media Matters say about Rush - but will not listen for yourself and think for yourself

That is a good thing if you are an Obama supporter and having to defend the broken promises and power grabs your party is trying to pull off

I already told you, Red, that I have listened to Rush. I know what he is about.

And please don't tell me I have to listen to Fat Boy for 3 hours a day, 5 days a week in order to know what his show is about. There isn't enough Oxycontin in all 5 boroughs of New York City to enable me to sit through 3 hours of the giant ego behind the golden EIB microphone.

red states rule
04-06-2009, 07:57 AM
I already told you, Red, that I have listened to Rush. I know what he is about.

And please don't tell me I have to listen to Fat Boy for 3 hours a day, 5 days a week in order to know what his show is about. There isn't enough Oxycontin in all 5 boroughs of New York City to enable me to sit through 3 hours of the giant ego behind the golden EIB microphone.

Yes you LISTENED to Rush - that is past tense GW

So once again, rather then debate what Rush says you fall back on the usual liberal tactic of insults and personal attacks. Something most liberals are good at, since the facts usually go against them when trying to compete in the arena of ideas (and trying to defend Obama, reid, and Pelosi)

As far as Rush's ego - well when you the best at what you do it is hard to be humble GW

moderate democrat
04-06-2009, 08:34 AM
I listen to Rush at least twice a week. I know many moderate/liberal democrats who listen to Rush frequently as well. His ratings on the radio may be high, but that does not necessarily translate into larger groups of people actually changing their political beliefs because of what he says.
Polling data still shows that Rush Limbaugh carries high negatives, especially when it comes to democrats and independents... no one has ever doubted for an instant Rush's ability to rally the base of the republican party... but the base is not big enough to get anything done. Without the middle, the GOP is relegated to the political wilderness... Rush is certainly entertaining you all during your banishment, and I love to listen to him, for the comedy relief, if nothing else.

red states rule
04-06-2009, 08:39 AM
I listen to Rush at least twice a week. I know many moderate/liberal democrats who listen to Rush frequently as well. His ratings on the radio may be high, but that does not necessarily translate into larger groups of people actually changing their political beliefs because of what he says.
Polling data still shows that Rush Limbaugh carries high negatives, especially when it comes to democrats and independents... no one has ever doubted for an instant Rush's ability to rally the base of the republican party... but the base is not big enough to get anything done. Without the middle, the GOP is relegated to the political wilderness... Rush is certainly entertaining you all during your banishment, and I love to listen to him, for the comedy relief, if nothing else.

Anyone who does not worship the Dems carries high negatives, especially when it comes to democrats. Look how the Obama machine went after anyone who dared speak out out their pork spending, soaring deficits, and takeover of private companies

IF the Republican party did listen to Rush, we would have to endure 4 years of Obamanomics, and a Congress run byt he like of Reid and Pelosi

moderate democrat
04-06-2009, 08:46 AM
Anyone who does not worship the Dems carries high negatives, especially when it comes to democrats. Look how the Obama machine went after anyone who dared speak out out their pork spending, soaring deficits, and takeover of private companies

IF the Republican party did listen to Rush, we would have to endure 4 years of Obamanomics, and a Congress run byt he like of Reid and Pelosi

that sentence doesn't make any sense...

the fact remains: with only the republican base, the GOP is destined to remain a minority party, and Rush does NOTHING to expand the base towards the middle.

red states rule
04-06-2009, 08:50 AM
that sentence doesn't make any sense...

the fact remains: with only the republican base, the GOP is destined to remain a minority party, and Rush does NOTHING to expand the base towards the middle.

Eh maybe you want to ignore the fact Obama told Republicans not to listen to Rush - if the party did Obama would not have been elected

Amazing how libs want conservatives to dump their principals while libs never said they had to dump FDR liberalism and big government when they were out of power

Rush explains how Reagan conservatism is the answer to the nations issues while libs want to raise taxes, exapnd government, and run up record deficits and debt to push their agenda

moderate democrat
04-06-2009, 08:58 AM
Eh maybe you want to ignore the fact Obama told Republicans not to listen to Rush - if the party did Obama would not have been elected

Amazing how libs want conservatives to dump their principals while libs never said they had to dump FDR liberalism and big government when they were out of power

Rush explains how Reagan conservatism is the answer to the nations issues while libs want to raise taxes, exapnd government, and run up record deficits and debt to push their agenda

Obama did not tell the GOP to stop listening to Rush before the election... he told them afterwards that the needed to stop listening ONLY to Rush...

And I have NEVER suggested, or wanted you to abandon your principles. I think you should hold onto them dearly....

you just need to understand that if your party DOES hold onto those principles, it will remain the minority party. I am ALL FOR you continuing to be the party that stands up for assault rifles and NO gay marriage and NO abortion. I think that such a principled stand on your part is wonderful.

red states rule
04-06-2009, 09:02 AM
Obama did not tell the GOP to stop listening to Rush before the election... he told them afterwards that the needed to stop listening ONLY to Rush...

And I have NEVER suggested, or wanted you to abandon your principles. I think you should hold onto them dearly....

you just need to understand that if your party DOES hold onto those principles, it will remain the minority party. I am ALL FOR you continuing to be the party that stands up for assault rifles and NO gay marriage and NO abortion. I think that such a principled stand on your part is wonderful.

Obama is so think skinned he spent alot of time talking about Rush and Sean instead of doing his job. Typical of a liberal

Meanwhile, you continue to ignore Obama trail of broken promises, lies, and insane spending all for the sake of the party and political power

Amazing how you were so upsic when it was Bush and Republcians doing the same things (only on a lesser scale) now you duck, dodge, and hide when your party is at fault

moderate democrat
04-06-2009, 09:06 AM
Obama is so think skinned he spent alot of time talking about Rush and Sean instead of doing his job. Typical of a liberal

Meanwhile, you continue to ignore Obama trail of broken promises, lies, and insane spending all for the sake of the party and political power

Amazing how you were so upsic when it was Bush and Republcians doing the same things (only on a lesser scale) now you duck, dodge, and hide when your party is at fault

changing the subject, I see.

FACT: Rush Limbaugh continues to have strong negatives with democrats and independents. FACT

FACT: without independents, the GOP will remain in the minority. FACT

FACT: Obama is a wise politician to successfully make Rush Limbaugh the face of the GOP... it hurts the party with those independents they so desperately need. FACT

PostmodernProphet
04-06-2009, 09:27 AM
the fact remains: with only the republican base, the GOP is destined to remain a minority party

/shrugs....that's true of both Republicans and Democrats....this round of elections the Democrats swayed the middle by claiming to be moderates......three months into the new administration and it's obvious that was never true....the question is whether the middle will forgive you by the time the next round of elections occurs....if what you've done results in disaster for the country, the Democrats will be lucky if they can ever BE a minority party.....

PostmodernProphet
04-06-2009, 09:29 AM
FACT: Obama is a wise politician to successfully make Rush Limbaugh the face of the GOP... it hurts the party with those independents they so desperately need. FACT

not if the independents look back in 2010 and see that Rush was right......the biggest risk for Obama is resembling what Rush describes.....

moderate democrat
04-06-2009, 10:17 AM
not if the independents look back in 2010 and see that Rush was right......the biggest risk for Obama is resembling what Rush describes.....

if the democrats stray so far from the path that Rush Limbaugh accurately describes them in ways that have heretofore been unpalatable to moderates and independents, they deserve to vacate the driver's seat.

moderate democrat
04-06-2009, 10:19 AM
/shrugs....that's true of both Republicans and Democrats....this round of elections the Democrats swayed the middle by claiming to be moderates......three months into the new administration and it's obvious that was never true....the question is whether the middle will forgive you by the time the next round of elections occurs....if what you've done results in disaster for the country, the Democrats will be lucky if they can ever BE a minority party..... I think Democrats swayed the middle by claiming to be something other than republicans. that hasn't changed. your party STILL has incredible negatives to overcome. I'd worry about doing that in a positive fashion, if I were you, instead of trying to just say NO to everything the administration wants to do. Clearly, the people ain't buyin' that.

PostmodernProphet
04-06-2009, 12:25 PM
if the democrats stray so far from the path that Rush Limbaugh accurately describes them in ways that have heretofore been unpalatable to moderates and independents, they deserve to vacate the driver's seat.

that pretty much describes the last three months, doesn't it.....I seem to recall moderates and independants voicing concerns over excessive government spending when Bush and the Republicans had a $400 billion deficit.....small potatoes now, eh?......

PostmodernProphet
04-06-2009, 12:27 PM
I think Democrats swayed the middle by claiming to be something other than republicans. that hasn't changed. your party STILL has incredible negatives to overcome. I'd worry about doing that in a positive fashion, if I were you, instead of trying to just say NO to everything the administration wants to do. Clearly, the people ain't buyin' that.

We have to say no to everything he wants to do, because all he wants to do is fuck the country up.....if he would come up with some valid ideas we could support them.....

moderate democrat
04-06-2009, 12:31 PM
We have to say no to everything he wants to do, because all he wants to do is fuck the country up.....if he would come up with some valid ideas we could support them.....

oddly enough, your opinions regarding the wisdom of his plans are not shared by the majority.

sorry.

like I said, your party has gotten the reputation of just saying no without offering any sound alternatives - other than more of the same tired, worn out, trickle down bullshit that the majority of Americans have grown tired of,that is - and until you change that, you'll remain banished to the minority.

good luck.

PostmodernProphet
04-06-2009, 12:33 PM
oddly enough, your opinions regarding the wisdom of his plans are not shared by the majority.

in the history of the world, it has been a rare situation where intelligence was shared by the majority.......

moderate democrat
04-06-2009, 01:31 PM
in the history of the world, it has been a rare situation where intelligence was shared by the majority.......

and throughout history, there have been many deluded crackpots who claimed to be wise.

bullypulpit
04-06-2009, 02:53 PM
1) Go back and read your posts. You are constantly using Media Matters as your "unbiased" source

What does my using factual material as a source have to do with its bias or, in the case of Media Matters, lack thereof?

2) Media Matters is funded by Soros that snips quotes and lies about what people have said

The opinion fed to you by the right wing noise machine does not constitute proof, as if I really expected you to present any.

emmett
04-06-2009, 02:58 PM

Yeah ....ah...Red! If you want facts and accuracy you should listen to Randi Rhodes or some of those other looney tunes on Air America. What's wrong with you dude?

emmett
04-06-2009, 03:01 PM
and throughout history, there have been many deluded crackpots who claimed to be wise.

Excellent point!

Ted Kennedy
Barney Frank
Charles Schumer
Nancy Pelosi
Joe Biden
Etc,......
Etc,....
Etc,..

glockmail
04-06-2009, 03:17 PM

Like you, I used to be a regular listener because I used to be a conservative Republican.... ...then you had a frontal lobotomy.

moderate democrat
04-06-2009, 03:45 PM
Excellent point!

Ted Kennedy
Barney Frank
Charles Schumer
Nancy Pelosi
Joe Biden
Etc,......
Etc,....
Etc,..and none on your side, emmett?

whatever.

April15
04-06-2009, 05:54 PM

I owe you rep points. Silly machine says I need to spread it around.

PostmodernProphet
04-06-2009, 07:16 PM
and none on your side, emmett?

whatever.

I don't think any of emmett's ever got elected.....

red states rule
04-07-2009, 11:12 PM

Looking in the mirror again?

crin63
04-07-2009, 11:28 PM
My wife has little to no interest in politics, I guess I have enough for both of us. I was really proud of her last week though, she was listening to Rush and Hannity all on her own. She came home from school and wanted to talk politics, that was just awesome.

She thought it had to be a joke when Obama gave the queen an ipod. Only a buffoon would give someone like the queen an ipod as a gift.

red states rule
04-08-2009, 08:35 AM
Do you think these people vote Dem in election after election?

http://punditkitchen.files.wordpress.com/2009/04/political-pictures-blogging-fired.jpg

April15
04-08-2009, 12:32 PM
Do you think these people vote Dem in election after election?

http://punditkitchen.files.wordpress.com/2009/04/political-pictures-blogging-fired.jpg
They look like republicans. Never would have voted for Dem.

PostmodernProphet
04-08-2009, 06:16 PM
They look like republicans. Never would have voted for Dem.

get real....them's liberals.....a conservative knows how to use a scissors, instead of just tearing the cardboard off some homeless person's night shelter.....

Jagger
04-09-2009, 08:01 PM
In 1988, before Rush Limbaugh became the face of the Republican Party, George H.W. Bush won college graduates by 25 points over Democrat Michael Dukakis.

However, after the dumbing-down of the GOP accomplished by Limbaugh and Karl Rove, the GOP presidential contender lost college graduates for the first time in 2008.

glockmail
04-09-2009, 08:57 PM
In 1988, before Rush Limbaugh became the face of the Republican Party, George H.W. Bush won college graduates by 25 points over Democrat Michael Dukakis.

However, after the dumbing-down of the GOP accomplished by Limbaugh and Karl Rove, the GOP presidential contender lost college graduates for the first time in 2008. Cum hoc ergo propter hoc.

PostmodernProphet
04-09-2009, 09:32 PM

However, after the dumbing-down of the GOP accomplished by Limbaugh and Karl Rove, the GOP presidential contender lost college graduates for the first time in 2008.

rather hard to reconcile with the fact that liberals are dumber than shit, isn't it.......

Jagger
04-10-2009, 07:46 AM
Cum hoc ergo propter hoc.

The dumbing-down has been so effective that many Republicans believe that the party should write off the states full of relatively wealthy and relatively well-informed people, e.g. New Jersey, in favor of states filled with relatively poor and relatively ignorant people, e.g. most of the red states.

glockmail
04-10-2009, 07:50 AM
The dumbing-down has been so effective that many Republicans believe that the party should write off the states full of relatively wealthy and relatively well-informed people, e.g. New Jersey, in favor of states filled with relatively poor and relatively ignorant people, e.g. most of the red states.
Way to go dissing 1/2 the US citizenry. :laugh2:

Jagger
04-10-2009, 08:18 AM
Way to go dissing 1/2 the US citizenry. :laugh2:

The "base" of the GOP is people who would have been populist Democrats in relatively recent history. As for good, old-fashioned fiscally conservative, small-government Republicanism, it is represented neither by the save-the-world neocons nor, if I may employ a phrase from Edmund Burke, the "swinish multitudes" following Limbaugh.

http://img205.imageshack.us/img205/6103/2987025203fc2c517522osu5.jpg

red states rule
04-10-2009, 08:46 AM
It is amazing how the libs will not try to debate the points Rush makes on his show

Here is Rush's Morning Update. Can any lib try to expalin where Rush is wrong?

A new Rasmussen poll reveals that only 53 percent of American adults believe that capitalism is better than socialism. (That the United States is better than Russia?) Barely over half. Twenty percent openly favor socialism, and 25 percent are not sure. Investors, by a huge margin, choose capitalism. Adults under 30 gravitate more toward socialism. A third of Democrats prefer socialism, while Republicans by an 11-to-1 margin are capitalist.

So the left's relentless campaign to discredit capitalism is paying off: fewer and fewer Americans understand the value of capitalism as it relates to their own lives -- or to the rise of America as a superpower. Fewer understand the value of free markets, private property rights, the benefits of risk and reward, the power of individual ambition, or the correlation between limited government and prosperity.

If this trend continues unabated, the left will get what they have long desired: an America where central planners are empowered and individuals are forced into conformity -- a less wealthy, less powerful nation that has no resemblance to the America of our founding.

Our freedom does not exist in a vacuum, folks. It is part and parcel of our economic freedom, which finds its perfect expression in free market capitalism. The more government bureaucrats and power-hungry politicians exert their inept, populist-driven will over our capitalist system, the less liberty remains for all of us.

That so few understand this... is chilling, scary.

http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/home/daily/site_040909/content/01125101.member.html

Jagger
04-10-2009, 09:15 AM
Rush Limbaugh is a socialist who believes the United States Social Security System would be very good if everyone was forced into it.

PostmodernProphet
04-10-2009, 09:24 AM

and yet, virtually all federal money ends up in urban areas.....which, even in the red states, are in blue-thrall.......I'm curious, Jagger....which part of your base do these "relatively wealthy and relatively well-informed" blue state Democrats come from....would it be urban blacks or union members......

glockmail
04-10-2009, 10:57 AM
Rush Limbaugh is a socialist who believes the United States Social Security System would be very good if everyone was forced into it. Good luck trying to base that on reality. Wow.

Jagger
04-10-2009, 12:06 PM
Good luck trying to base that on reality. Wow.

Why don't we ever hear Rush Limbaugh advocating a roll back of our Socialist Security Programs?

glockmail
04-10-2009, 02:49 PM
Probably because Americans expect to get back at least what they paid in.

Jagger
04-12-2009, 09:15 AM
Probably because Americans expect to get back at least what they paid in. I think it's because they love our socialist safety net.

glockmail
04-12-2009, 09:22 AM
I think it's because they love our socialist safety net. I don't love it, and neither do most when they understand the mathematical fact that if they had been allowed to invest the same funds privately they could retire with three times their salary, just collecting interest, never touching the principle, which would then be available for their kids to fight over upon their deaths.

red states rule
04-12-2009, 09:23 AM
I think it's because they love our socialist safety net.

Thanks to liberals it is no longer a safety net. It is a double King sized bed with satin sheets

glockmail
04-12-2009, 09:32 AM
Thanks to liberals it is no longer a safety net. It is a double King sized bed with satin sheets An a $200 whore.

red states rule
04-12-2009, 09:33 AM
An a $200 whore.

with free smokes and condoms on the oak night stand

glockmail
04-12-2009, 09:38 AM
with free smokes and condoms on the oak night stand Sorry Red- not that evil tobacco.

By the way they are now complaining that people who don't smoke are living too long, which depletes the Social Security lock box. We may soon see the liberals requiring us to smoke.

red states rule
04-12-2009, 09:40 AM
Sorry Red- not that evil tobacco.

By the way they are now complaining that people who don't smoke are living too long, which depletes the Social Security lock box. We may soon see the liberals requiring us to smoke.

Yea sorry about that Glock

How about Dove chocolate candies?

Jagger
04-12-2009, 09:52 AM
I don't love it, and neither do most when they understand the mathematical fact that if they had been allowed to invest the same funds privately they could retire with three times their salary, just collecting interest, never touching the principle, which would then be available for their kids to fight over upon their deaths.

Wasn't that idea just overwhelmingly rejected by the people in favor keeping our socialist security program the way it is?

glockmail
04-12-2009, 10:39 AM
Wasn't that idea just overwhelmingly rejected by the people in favor keeping our socialist security program the way it is? No its never been presented.