PDA

View Full Version : The USA gives a "Whopping" 50k to help Italy

-Cp
04-06-2009, 01:49 PM
Geesh - I know times are tough here, financially, but 50k? Really? For an old ally?

http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=CNG.15148f36e80f2222604c174cd120fa1 9.381&show_article=1

The United States said Monday it would donate 50,000 dollars in emergency aid to Italy after a powerful earthquake killed at least 100 people.
"We send our heartfelt condolences to the families of those killed in the earthquake. Our embassy in Rome will provide 50,000 (dollars) in emergency relief funding," State Department spokesman Robert Wood told reporters.

Italian authorities told the United States they did not need rescue teams, Wood said.

The ClayTaurus
04-06-2009, 04:06 PM
I'm not sure I'd call Italy an old ally, though a little more than 50k would have been nice. Maybe Italy didn't want it?

Silver
04-06-2009, 04:48 PM
but no problem finding almost 6,000,000,000 of the taxpayer dollars for militant left assholes like ACORN

hjmick
04-06-2009, 06:32 PM
Damn. We gave more to Iran in '03/'04 and again in '06. At least in the way of assistance.

PostmodernProphet
04-06-2009, 07:15 PM
I am puzzled...in light of the fact that so many people have been telling us how much better the Europeans have it than we do, why should we give them anything.....

Kathianne
04-06-2009, 07:54 PM
You know what? I'm going to agree with Obama on this. The US government is borrowing our children's and grandchildren's futures, for their domestic agenda. Not one cent should be leaving the US, in the name of the US. If people wish to contribute, they should. Red Cross will be there I'm sure. As will Catholic Charities and others, I'm sure.

Under the circumstances that are evolving faster than we can keep up with, I say cut all foreign aid. No more, no how. Bring our troops home and stay home.

USA going Europe! It worked for them, it'll work for US!

5stringJeff
04-06-2009, 08:02 PM
You know what? I'm going to agree with Obama on this. The US government is borrowing our children's and grandchildren's futures, for their domestic agenda. Not one cent should be leaving the US, in the name of the US. If people wish to contribute, they should. Red Cross will be there I'm sure. As will Catholic Charities and others, I'm sure.

Under the circumstances that are evolving faster than we can keep up with, I say cut all foreign aid. No more, no how. Bring our troops home and stay home.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Hear! Hear!

Silver
04-06-2009, 08:30 PM

Yeah, but the real abomination is the 6 billion to ACORN....how's that gonna go down with your children and grand children's futures...?

Kathianne
04-06-2009, 09:08 PM
Yeah, but the real abomination is the 6 billion to ACORN....how's that gonna go down with your children and grand children's futures...?

Take THAT to your representative, citing the Italian emergency, which is not 'our problem.'

04-06-2009, 10:22 PM
Ive said it before. The government shouldnt be giving Italy any money. The People should be charitable with their aid to these suffering people though.

Let the people do it. Not the government.

theHawk
04-06-2009, 10:34 PM
If only we followed this same policy with every foreign nation....

Kathianne
04-06-2009, 10:35 PM
If only we followed this same policy with every foreign nation....

Under Bush, they would have gotten millions, at least. Like I said, on this I can agree with Obama, probably the first thing.

hjmick
04-07-2009, 12:02 PM
This is proof, Obama hate Wops. :)