PDA

View Full Version : Like Bill Moyer and PBS ?

Silver
04-07-2009, 02:39 PM
http://www.pbs.org/moyers/journal/04032009/transcript1.html

WILLIAM K. BLACK: Geithner is charging, is covering up. Just like Paulson did before him. Geithner is publicly saying that it's going to take $2 trillion — a trillion is a thousand billion — $2 trillion taxpayer dollars to deal with this problem. But they're allowing all the banks to report that they're not only solvent, but fully capitalized. Both statements can't be true. It can't be that they need $2 trillion, because they have masses losses, and that they're fine.

These are all people who have failed. Paulson failed, Geithner failed. They were all promoted because they failed, not because...

BILL MOYERS: What do you mean?

WILLIAM K. BLACK: Well, Geithner has, was one of our nation's top regulators, during the entire subprime scandal, that I just described. He took absolutely no effective action. He gave no warning. He did nothing in response to the FBI warning that there was an epidemic of fraud. All this pig in the poke stuff happened under him. So, in his phrase about legacy assets. Well he's a failed legacy regulator.

BILL MOYERS: But he denies that he was a regulator. Let me show you some of his testimony before Congress. Take a look at this.

TIMOTHY GEITHNER:I've never been a regulator, for better or worse. And I think you're right to say that we have to be very skeptical that regulation can solve all of these problems. We have parts of our system that are overwhelmed by regulation.

Overwhelmed by regulation! It wasn't the absence of regulation that was the problem, it was despite the presence of regulation you've got huge risks that build up.

WILLIAM K. BLACK: Well, he may be right that he never regulated, but his job was to regulate. That was his mission statement.

BILL MOYERS: As?

WILLIAM K. BLACK: As president of the Federal Reserve Bank of New York, which is responsible for regulating most of the largest bank holding companies in America. And he's completely wrong that we had too much regulation in some of these areas. I mean, he gives no details, obviously. But that's just plain wrong.

5stringJeff
04-07-2009, 08:57 PM
Geithner has been at the forefront of everything the Fed has done to screw America up for years. His hands are as red as anyone's.

Psychoblues
04-07-2009, 09:02 PM
The fact remains. He was not a regulator and Mr. Black is a liar.

:beer::cheers2::beer:

Psychoblues

Silver
04-07-2009, 09:46 PM

Psychoblues

Federal Reserve Bank of New York
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Federal_Reserve_Bank_of_New_York

The Federal Reserve Bank of New York is one of the 12 Federal Reserve Banks of the United States. It is located at 33 Liberty Street, New York, NY. It is responsible for the Second District of the Federal Reserve System, which encompasses New York state, the 12 northern counties of New Jersey, Fairfield County in Connecticut, Puerto Rico, and the U. S. Virgin Islands.

Working within the Federal Reserve System, the New York Fed implements monetary policy, supervises and regulates financial institutions and helps maintain the nation's payment systems.

I would say ...as President of the Bank...he IS THE CHIEF REGULATOR....PWNED ?

Kathianne
04-07-2009, 09:55 PM

Psychoblues

Link?

sgtdmski
04-07-2009, 10:03 PM
Hell he couldn't even properly pay his taxes, and now he is in charge of the IRS. Sort of like making Billy the Kid the Attorney General isn't it?

dmk

red states rule
04-07-2009, 10:53 PM
Hell he couldn't even properly pay his taxes, and now he is in charge of the IRS. Sort of like making Billy the Kid the Attorney General isn't it?

dmk

Which is why Dems never object to raising taxes - they don't pay them anyway

PostmodernProphet
04-08-2009, 06:48 AM

Psychoblues

/boggle.....that was amazing, psycho......can you blank out other aspects of reality as easily?.....how does your mind work.....is it like Tom Sawyer comes along and paints whitewash over those parts of your mental fence that you don't want to admit and suddenly, they just don't exist for you anymore?........

Psychoblues
04-08-2009, 07:08 AM
Did you read the OP, kitty?!?!??!?!?!

Link?

Obviously not!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The GOP,,,the party of fear and loathing,,,sad,,,,

Psychoblues

red states rule
04-08-2009, 07:13 AM

Psychoblues

So you can't back up what you rant. No surprise or shocker there

Psychoblues
04-08-2009, 07:19 AM
It's right there in the OP, dumbo!!!!!!!! Obviously you are on a tear this morning, shithead!!!!!!!!!!!!

So you can't back up what you rant. No surprise or shocker there

Or, is it just the meds fuckin' with your feeble mind again?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!

Psychoblues

red states rule
04-08-2009, 07:22 AM
It's right there in the OP, dumbo!!!!!!!! Obviously you are on a tear this morning, shithead!!!!!!!!!!!!

Or, is it just the meds fuckin' with your feeble mind again?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!

Psychoblues

Translation - I am ducking the question and when pressed for a link I attack

Psychoblues
04-08-2009, 07:29 AM
No translation required, shithead. Just read the opening post in this thread.

Translation - I am ducking the question and when pressed for a link I attack

Mr. Black misunderstands and lies in an attempt to hide it and as usual you do the same, shithead!!!!!!!!!!!!

Psychoblues

glockmail
04-08-2009, 07:51 AM
Link?
When pigs fly.

red states rule
04-08-2009, 07:55 AM
When pigs fly.

and I do not see Virgil coming in for a landing

Psychoblues
04-08-2009, 10:46 PM
And it is bugging you to death, isn't it, shithead?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!

Psychoblues

sgtdmski
04-09-2009, 01:55 AM

Psychoblues

Did you read the OP. Obviously not for in the piece it stated in black and white that he was a regulator. You said he was not, so where is a link saying he is not????

Perhaps you should take the time to comprehend what you have read, then you will not look foolish.

dmk

PostmodernProphet
04-09-2009, 06:48 AM
don't expect Psych to admit the truth, it isn't in him.....

red states rule
04-09-2009, 06:53 AM
And it is bugging you to death, isn't it, shithead?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!

Psychoblues

Only thing bugging me is my fear you get behind the wheel, or operate heavy machinery in your condition

Other then that, you are nothing but a joke that long ago ceased to be funny