PDA

View Full Version : Oral surgery for my son.........

Trinity
04-07-2009, 07:52 PM
Not sure if I ever posted anything about my almost 13 year old and the dentist finding a cyst in the upper portion of his mouth, when they took the panoramic X-ray. This took place about a year ago and since then I have had the hardest time locating an oral surgeon, who took both insurance cards, and then the insurance was changed, so I had to start all over again.

Well I finally found someone. We went today and they took another X-ray and said it looks like it had gotten slightly bigger, since the last X-ray in July of last year. My son now has to go and have a CT Scan done this Friday, and then I have to take him back again for another consult with the Oral Surgeon and then they will schedule the surgery.

He told me today they would most likely use general anesthesia, but they were unsure yet if they would be performing the surgery there in the office, or in the OR. Hmm for some reason that worries me why would you not be sure yet where you would perform the surgery. I understand they are most likely waiting to see what the results are of the CT Scan to determine where they need to perform this. But it still freaks me out. The whole idea of my child being put to sleep is scary. Me it's one thing, them it's different.

I remember holding Jesse my youngest when he was put to sleep when he had a hernia at the age of 2. That was scary! To hold your child, watch their eyes roll to the back of their head, and then they just go completely limp.:eek:

crin63
04-07-2009, 08:15 PM
I'm sorry to hear about your son and I hope all goes well.

Heres a website where I found a discount card that my oral surgeon takes and it saved me allot of money. http://www.dentalplans.com/index.asp

There are several different plans and you can see if your oral surgeon is a participant. I paid $150 for a year and saved about $1600.00.

Kathianne
04-07-2009, 08:28 PM

Heres a website where I found a discount card that my oral surgeon takes and it saved me allot of money. http://www.dentalplans.com/index.asp

There are several different plans and you can see if your oral surgeon is a participant. I paid $150 for a year and saved about $1600.00.

Ditto. BTW, this is one of those parent moments, you'll be able to blackmail them when they step out of line, for the rest of their lives. Really.

Trinity
04-07-2009, 09:15 PM

Thankfully this should all be covered and I won't have to pay a dime! But however my husband and I have been looking for coverage so I will check that out.

Trinity
04-07-2009, 09:16 PM
Ditto. BTW, this is one of those parent moments, you'll be able to blackmail them when they step out of line, for the rest of their lives. Really.

My children? or the oral surgeon?;)

Kathianne
04-07-2009, 09:17 PM
My children? or the oral surgeon?;)

Ah, the stories you will tell.. ;)

Trinity
04-07-2009, 09:48 PM
Ah, the stories you will tell.. ;)

I'm filing as we speak.....:laugh2:

Kathianne
04-07-2009, 09:52 PM
I'm filing as we speak.....:laugh2: