PDA

View Full Version : AP Newsbreak: Obama looks at climate engineering

-Cp
04-08-2009, 11:23 AM
Hmm.. maybe those Chemtrail conspiracy theorists weren't too far off eh? :)

WASHINGTON (AP) - The president's new science adviser said Wednesday that global warming is so dire, the Obama administration is discussing radical technologies to cool Earth's air.

John Holdren told The Associated Press in his first interview since being confirmed last month that the idea of geoengineering the climate is being discussed. One such extreme option includes shooting pollution particles into the upper atmosphere to reflect the sun's rays. Holdren said such an experimental measure would only be used as a last resort.

Full story:
http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=D97ECHLG1&show_article=1

glockmail
04-08-2009, 11:48 AM
Why would the liberals want to pollute the air? Sorta hints at a hidden agenda.

PostmodernProphet
04-08-2009, 12:26 PM
shooting pollution particles into the upper atmosphere

I get it now....the solution to pollution is pollution.....reminds me of the 60s radicals.....you have to burn it down before you can fix it......

-Cp
04-08-2009, 12:54 PM
If it really works than we don't need to change anything - keep driving our SUV's, keep doing what we do... sounds like an easy "fix"...:)

glockmail
04-08-2009, 03:50 PM
If it really works than we don't need to change anything - keep driving our SUV's, keep doing what we do... sounds like an easy "fix"...:) Actually what I think they want us to do is replace the engines with ones that emit nearly pure CO2 to something that emits dust, but do it really high up in the atmosphere. Maybe if I put a really tall exhaust pipe on my vacuum cleaner and take the filter out.

04-08-2009, 06:05 PM
I dont really want the government controling the climate.

PostmodernProphet
04-08-2009, 06:09 PM
I dont really want the government controling the climate.

no kidding.....look what they're doing to the economy.....

sgtdmski
04-09-2009, 02:06 AM
Wow, I never knew that the warming was so dire, especially after this winter, with so many record lows and record inches of snow. I find global warming to be such an interesting scientific phenomena, not only does it cause warmer temperatures, but it also causes cooler temperatures and more snow. Fascinating.

dmk