PDA

View Full Version : Pope says rich nations plundered Poor

04-05-2007, 02:28 AM
http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20070404/ts_nm/pope_book_dc

I definitely disagree with this. What wealth did Africa exactly have that was plundered?

Psychoblues
04-05-2007, 04:14 AM
In 14 (fourteen) words you have indicated ignorance beyond the wildest imaginations of even the most educated.

I definitely disagree with this. What wealth did Africa exactly have that was plundered?

There is no explanation as there can be no explanation for such crude and insensitive gutterations by anyone educated beyond kindergarden in the United States Of America. "What wealth did Africa exactly have that was plundered?" Unfreakingbelievable. And only 14 words describe your life.

Nuc
04-05-2007, 05:12 AM

Duh?!?!?!?!?

Ever hear of something called "diamonds"? :lame2:

Psychoblues
04-05-2007, 05:26 AM
Don't forget about rubber, gold, rain forest plant derived human life saving drugs, exotic animals for zoo proliferation, oil that is certainly there but will be totally exploited when the politics are correct in the regions, and the niggers. You just can't forget about the niggers. They have been a mainstaying commodity for thousands of years and remain so today.

Duh?!?!?!?!?

Did I mention the orchids?

Nuc
04-05-2007, 06:36 AM
[QUOTE=Psychoblues;34606]Don't forget about rubber, gold, rain forest plant derived human life saving drugs, exotic animals for zoo proliferation, oil that is certainly there but will be totally exploited when the politics are correct in the regions, and the niggers. You just can't forget about the niggers. They have been a mainstaying commodity for thousands of years and remain so today./QUOTE]

Yes niggers are a commodity. And as long as they are stupid enough to convert to Christianity and Islam, the two religions which have turned them into a commodity, they will remain a commodity. Because the aforementioned groups will correctly perceive them as being too idiotic to fight back.

Dilloduck
04-05-2007, 06:46 AM
[QUOTE=Psychoblues;34606]Don't forget about rubber, gold, rain forest plant derived human life saving drugs, exotic animals for zoo proliferation, oil that is certainly there but will be totally exploited when the politics are correct in the regions, and the niggers. You just can't forget about the niggers. They have been a mainstaying commodity for thousands of years and remain so today./QUOTE]

Yes niggers are a commodity. And as long as they are stupid enough to convert to Christianity and Islam, the two religions which have turned them into a commodity, they will remain a commodity. Because the aforementioned groups will correctly perceive them as being too idiotic to fight back.

How has religion turned Africans into commodities?

Nuc
04-05-2007, 07:33 AM
[QUOTE=Nuc;34611]

Christians and Moslems were the main slave traders, duh, are you playing dumb? Or are you just dumb?

Dilloduck
04-05-2007, 07:55 AM
[QUOTE=Dilloduck;34614]

Christians and Moslems were the main slave traders, duh, are you playing dumb? Or are you just dumb?

smart enough to know how to spell Muslim. :fu:

Nukeman
04-05-2007, 08:28 AM
Personaly the Catholic church has no business telling other they exploited or took resources form anyone. Has anyone here ever been to the vatican and seen how much "stolen" and appropriated artifacts are there.

04-05-2007, 09:36 AM
Duh?!?!?!?!?

Diamonds only such a high quality item because of marketing of the jewelers. But Ill grant you people have been exploited for them. It hardly qualifies as plundering wealth though.

04-05-2007, 09:38 AM

The claim is a bunch bull crap. But what the heck do you expect from bigots?

GW in Ohio
04-05-2007, 01:07 PM
The claim is a bunch bull crap. But what the heck do you expect from bigots?

Let's do a little history lesson for my friend here who is being rather obtuse.....

When the Age of Discovery started, around the 15th century, the Christian nations of Europe set out to "discover" new lands and to claim them for their monarchs. The goal of these voyages of discovery was to find new lands with natural resources that the more enterprising Europeans could appropriate for their governments.

And that is just what they did. The Europeans siphoned off diamonds, rubber, gold, timber, and whatever else they could plunder from the less enterprising native peoples. They also plundered the native peoples themselves and sold them as slaves. The natural resources that were siphoned off became the basis of the wealth of the Europeans.

Today, the nations of Europe all enjoy a disproportionately high standard of living, while the nations of Africa languish at the poverty line. And the nations of South America are just coming into their own, after centuries of colonization by Europeans.

Today, there's not much plundering or colonization going on, but the damage has been done; the wealth has been realigned. The moral thing to do.....the Christian thing to do....would be for Europe and the United States to give back some of that wealth to the third world countries.

Wouldn't you agree?

Or do you prefer to adopt the neocon position of:

"Fuck the third world. We got ours. We worked for it. Plundering and colonizing is damn hard work."

LiberalNation
04-05-2007, 01:13 PM
"Fuck the third world. We got ours. We worked for it. Plundering and colonizing is damn hard work."

That's what I'm thinking. Sucks for them but I'm happy to be living in a more wealthy society and we wouldn't be that way without the European colonialism.

Dilloduck
04-05-2007, 01:27 PM
That's what I'm thinking. Sucks for them but I'm happy to be living in a more wealthy society and we wouldn't be that way without the European colonialism.

Without Western aid most of Africa would starve or die from disease. What is preventing them from taking control of thier own resources and build a country worth living in? Laziness or is it just that old entitlement thing again?

GW in Ohio
04-05-2007, 01:39 PM

Ah, but some day you may come to the realization that all men are brothers.......you are actually brothers, not just with your fellow Americans, but also with those brown-skinned South Americans and those black-skinned Africans.

And you really are your brother's keeper.

GW in Ohio
04-05-2007, 01:41 PM
Without Western aid most of Africa would starve or die from disease. What is preventing them from taking control of thier own resources and build a country worth living in? Laziness or is it just that old entitlement thing again?

You know, I admire you, in a weird sort of way. You're an unabashed selfish pig, and that's an admirable quality....in white supremacist circles.

Dilloduck
04-05-2007, 02:13 PM
You know, I admire you, in a weird sort of way. You're an unabashed selfish pig, and that's an admirable quality....in white supremacist circles.

Couldn't respond intelligently to the message, huh?

Abbey Marie
04-05-2007, 02:19 PM

I was thinking somewhat similarly. Can we not question why the people of Africa did not take and utilize their own resources? Or is this one of those questions one "dare not pose" for fear of being called racist? Clinically speaking, isn't it just a form of the beloved survival of the fittest, if someone is able to conquer you, and/or better utilize your respurces?

Dilloduck
04-05-2007, 02:23 PM
I was thinking somewhat similarly. Can we not question why the people of Africa did not take and utilize their own resources? Or is this one of those questions one "dare not pose" for fear of being called racist? Clinically speaking, isn't it just a form of the beloved survival of the fittest, if someone is able to conquer you, and/or better utilize your respurces?

Considering the fact that America was also a colony, it seems that it's quite possible to recover from the effects of colonialization.

GW in Ohio
04-05-2007, 02:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abbey

Dilloduck:
Considering the fact that America was also a colony, it seems that it's quite possible to recover from the effects of colonialization.

Well, I'll acknowledge that you guys raise some valid questions.

Why haven't African nations pulled themselves up by their own bootstraps?

One reason may be that the tribal culture is so strongly ingrained, it's impossible for them to reach any consensus on a central government. Without a strong central government to set policy, a nation doesn't get very far.

In any case, I don't think the reason African nations are mostly mired in poverty is that they're shiftless and lazy.

Nuc
04-05-2007, 03:03 PM
[QUOTE=Nuc;34616]

smart enough to know how to spell Muslim. :fu:

Moslem and Muslim are interchangeable words. Anybody who has studied history knows that. Do a search or something before putting your cowboy boot in your mouth. :slap:

Nuc
04-05-2007, 03:06 PM
Diamonds only such a high quality item because of marketing of the jewelers. But Ill grant you people have been exploited for them. It hardly qualifies as plundering wealth though.

Thousands of Africans are being treated in near slave fashion and dying in the mines to satisfy the diamond demand of the wealthier nations.

Gaffer
04-05-2007, 03:51 PM
Thousands of Africans are being treated in near slave fashion and dying in the mines to satisfy the diamond demand of the wealthier nations.

Thousands of others from all parts of africa, the middle east and asia are being sold and used as slave labor, sex slaves and even household servants. It's not just blacks and its not just in africa.

Nukeman
04-05-2007, 04:00 PM
Quote:

In any case, I don't think the reason African nations are mostly mired in poverty is that they're shiftless and lazy.

No not lazyness, just corrupt leaders and uneducated masses. Not to mention very racist views on life.

I will call your attention to Zimbabwe, this was a country that was for the most part self sufficient, feeding and taking care of itself, along comes Mugabe who either kickout all the white farmer without due compensation or had his thugs kill off the ones that wouldn't leave and low-and-behold we have a country starving, and begging the same people they kicked out to come back. I say let them starve and wallow in thier own regret... Than we wont be taking thier resources we will be repopulating vacant land..

This may seem harsh to you but you reap what you sow. If you kill or deport all your productive people than realize that is exactly what they are "PRODUCTIVE" you get exactly what you deserve!!!

Nuc
04-05-2007, 04:05 PM
Thousands of others from all parts of africa, the middle east and asia are being sold and used as slave labor, sex slaves and even household servants. It's not just blacks and its not just in africa.

Yep tons of Eastern Europeans.

Sex slaves of every race, age and gender, and looks like hardly anybody wants to do anything about it.

Dilloduck
04-05-2007, 05:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abbey

Dilloduck:

Well, I'll acknowledge that you guys raise some valid questions.

Why haven't African nations pulled themselves up by their own bootstraps?

One reason may be that the tribal culture is so strongly ingrained, it's impossible for them to reach any consensus on a central government. Without a strong central government to set policy, a nation doesn't get very far.

So are you saying that thier culture prevents them from "getting very far" ?

GW in Ohio
04-06-2007, 11:20 AM
So are you saying that thier culture prevents them from "getting very far" ?

Yes, I think so. And I'd point out that culture is different from race.

Put any black African in a Western cultural milieu, with the same economic start in life as the Westerners, and their achievements are indistinguishable.

-Cp
04-06-2007, 11:35 AM
Does anyone actually give a crap what the pope says anyway?

grunt
04-06-2007, 12:50 PM
Yes, I think so. And I'd point out that culture is different from race.

Put any black African in a Western cultural milieu, with the same economic start in life as the Westerners, and their achievements are indistinguishable.

Are you crazy? Look at the black population in both Europe and the US... :lol:

Psychoblues
04-07-2007, 02:02 AM
I really don't have the time or the inclination to address all that has been said in this thread. But, one thing is certain. Most of you are scared to death of the niggers.

That's not a good thing to know but it is a useful thing to realize.

GW in Ohio
04-09-2007, 02:07 PM
I really don't have the time or the inclination to address all that has been said in this thread. But, one thing is certain. Most of you are scared to death of the niggers.

That's not a good thing to know but it is a useful thing to realize.

Scared of them?

I don't know. But they don't seem to think highly of the innate abilities of black people.

glockmail
04-09-2007, 02:11 PM
Let's do a little history lesson for my friend here who is being rather obtuse.....

When the Age of Discovery started, around the 15th century, the Christian nations of Europe set out to "discover" new lands and to claim them for their monarchs. The goal of these voyages of discovery was to find new lands with natural resources that the more enterprising Europeans could appropriate for their governments.

And that is just what they did. The Europeans siphoned off diamonds, rubber, gold, timber, and whatever else they could plunder from the less enterprising native peoples. They also plundered the native peoples themselves and sold them as slaves. The natural resources that were siphoned off became the basis of the wealth of the Europeans.

Today, the nations of Europe all enjoy a disproportionately high standard of living, while the nations of Africa languish at the poverty line. And the nations of South America are just coming into their own, after centuries of colonization by Europeans.

Today, there's not much plundering or colonization going on, but the damage has been done; the wealth has been realigned. The moral thing to do.....the Christian thing to do....would be for Europe and the United States to give back some of that wealth to the third world countries.

Wouldn't you agree?

Or do you prefer to adopt the neocon position of:

Why is that a neocon position?

Psychoblues
04-11-2007, 10:23 PM
They don't seem to think highly of the innate abilities of people, period, GWO.

Scared of them?

I don't know. But they don't seem to think highly of the innate abilities of black people.

It's the old "I got mine the hard way and now you gotta go get yours the same way" shit that the most lazy and racist in this society espouse that aggravates the hell out of me.