PDA

View Full Version : Syrian President Tells Pelosi They Are Ready For Dialogue With US

Psychoblues
04-05-2007, 02:32 AM
I'm just keeping up with the recommendations of the ISG, Iraq Study Group, that made this recommendation about a year ago.

U.S. House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, on a visit to Syria opposed by the White House, said on Wednesday President Bashar al-Assad was ready to hold peace talks with Israel.

But her remark that Israel was prepared to negotiate with Damascus prompted Prime Minister Ehud Olmert's office to underline the Jewish state's preconditions for such talks.

"Democrat Pelosi is the most senior U.S. official to visit Syria in more than two years.

Republican President George W. Bush had said her visit sent mixed signals to Syria. A spokesman for the White House National Security Council called it "counterproductive" on Wednesday.

"We were very pleased with the reassurances we received from the president (Assad) that he was ready to resume the peace process. He was ready to engage in negotiations (for) peace with Israel," Pelosi said."

More: http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20070404/ts_nm/syria_usa_pelosi_dc;_ylt=AmZ3VgqvyIZe1n5wGOm8VoGs0 NUE

The sooner you neocons get lil' bush up and outta here the more American lives and reputation will be saved by your actions

stephanie
04-05-2007, 02:42 AM
I'm sure they didn't tell her a wittle white lie...

Naaa, they wouldn't do that...That fine upstanding Syria...:coffee:

Psychoblues
04-05-2007, 04:29 AM
Silly.

Just silly.

KarlMarx
04-05-2007, 06:40 AM
(moved to other thread)

theHawk
04-05-2007, 07:48 AM
I'm just keeping up with the recommendations of the ISG, Iraq Study Group, that made this recommendation about a year ago.

U.S. House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, on a visit to Syria opposed by the White House, said on Wednesday President Bashar al-Assad was ready to hold peace talks with Israel.

But her remark that Israel was prepared to negotiate with Damascus prompted Prime Minister Ehud Olmert's office to underline the Jewish state's preconditions for such talks.

"Democrat Pelosi is the most senior U.S. official to visit Syria in more than two years.

Republican President George W. Bush had said her visit sent mixed signals to Syria. A spokesman for the White House National Security Council called it "counterproductive" on Wednesday.

"We were very pleased with the reassurances we received from the president (Assad) that he was ready to resume the peace process. He was ready to engage in negotiations (for) peace with Israel," Pelosi said."

More: http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20070404/ts_nm/syria_usa_pelosi_dc;_ylt=AmZ3VgqvyIZe1n5wGOm8VoGs0 NUE

The sooner you neocons get lil' bush up and outta here the more American lives and reputation will be saved by your actions

If the Syrians want to resume "peace talks" with Israel then they can talk directly with Israel. Why the hell do they need us to hold their hands? Apparently assassinating the opposition is A-OK with Pelosi, its not for the rest of us. She has breached her Constitutional authority, no matter what her 'progress' is in doing this, and she should be removed from office.

Gaffer
04-05-2007, 01:25 PM
Israel has already rebuked her for telling assad that Israel was ready for peace, but she left out the fact that there were certain requiements. It was not unconditional. She seems to think she can go lie to other countries leaders the way she does here and get away with it.

Nienna
04-05-2007, 01:27 PM
Israel has already rebuked her for telling assad that Israel was ready for peace, but she left out the fact that there were certain requiements. It was not unconditional. She seems to think she can go lie to other countries leaders the way she does here and get away with it.

She had better be careful with that. She might get herself assassinated.

Dilloduck
04-05-2007, 01:29 PM

You think? by whom?

Nienna
04-05-2007, 01:37 PM
You think? by whom?

Syrian Muslims who don't like a woman speaking up like that anyway, then come to find out she is twisting stuff to bring about her way.

Gaffer
04-05-2007, 02:18 PM

We can only wish. But I think she is safe cause she is considered an ally by them. Their mouth piece in washington.

Abbey Marie
04-05-2007, 02:29 PM
Of course Syria will try to make Granny's visit look productive. We all know which party Middle East terror-backing countries want to win here in 2008.

Something like this, but for 2008:

http://img33.photobucket.com/albums/v99/smallestminority/KerryTerroists-vi.jpg

And this, just because it's so true:

http://img33.photobucket.com/albums/v99/smallestminority/pastels.jpg

Gaffer
04-05-2007, 02:39 PM
:lmao: :laugh: :clap: :lol:

stephanie
04-05-2007, 02:40 PM
http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m268/alaskamomma/lilnan.jpg

Abbey Marie
04-05-2007, 02:46 PM
http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m268/alaskamomma/lilnan.jpg

:lmao:

Gaffer
04-05-2007, 02:54 PM
Another great find by Steph

Abbey Marie
04-05-2007, 02:59 PM
Looking at those bug-eyes, do you ever get the feeling that Granny made a wrong turn on her way to the local Senior center, and mistakenly ended up at the Capitol?

**Note especially the Lincoln quote, in light of her recent visit to Syria.

http://www.ocblog.net/photos/uncategorized/pelosi.jpg

Gaffer
04-05-2007, 03:53 PM
Looking at those bug-eyes, do you ever get the feeling that Granny made a wrong turn on her way to the local Senior center, and mistakenly ended up at the Capitol?

I'm with Lincoln on that one.

lily
04-05-2007, 04:19 PM

Damn.........it really is hard to find someone that actually sticks to a topic for more than three posts around here.

Actually Gaffer I agree with you on this one........she screwed the pooch. She had no authority to say that, it is not true.

I can't see how they would even believe it........Israel ready for peace?!

KarlMarx
04-05-2007, 04:22 PM
I'm with Lincoln on that one.

It's past time to do that. Nancy Pelosi is trying to become the President without the benefit of an election.

This is just the latest abuse.

The first was when she and the Congress took it upon themselves to start directing how the war in Iraq is being fought.

Gaffer
04-05-2007, 04:53 PM
It's past time to do that. Nancy Pelosi is trying to become the President without the benefit of an election.

This is just the latest abuse.

The first was when she and the Congress took it upon themselves to start directing how the war in Iraq is being fought.

If they want a criminal act to impeach she has just offered it to them on a silver platter. The repubs need to show some balls now and go after her.

lily
04-05-2007, 04:55 PM

.......and how is she doing that, by going on a fact finding mission...something that congressmen have been doing for years?

Goo Lord....someone's got to do something with this fiasco and it's perfectly clear this administration doesn't know what they are doing. If that means setting a deadline, then so be it. Just a word of warning, the money is there, Bush vetos it, he is the one that is cutting off the funding and the next bill that gets sent up, might not be as good an offer as this one.

stephanie
04-05-2007, 05:00 PM
Pelosi stepped over her bounds for just going on a fact finding trip..

She was delivering (a false one at that) messages from Israel to Syria..
That is NOT HER JOB..

We have a Sec. of State..

Pelosi needs to be shunned and ridiculed for her stunt..

Gaffer
04-05-2007, 05:03 PM
Damn.........it really is hard to find someone that actually sticks to a topic for more than three posts around here.

Actually Gaffer I agree with you on this one........she screwed the pooch. She had no authority to say that, it is not true.

Wow I'm shocked. We actually agree on something. If you can see that what she did was wrong then there is hope for you and maybe your more of a democrat than a lib.

Israel is very ready for peace, but the arabs around them are not.

Gunny
04-05-2007, 08:16 PM

Nah .... she's the best mouthpiece those who do the kidnapping and assasinating have.

krisy
04-05-2007, 08:34 PM

How can you insinuate that Israel isn't ready for peace? I'm sure they enjoy their grocery stores and buses being blown up by radical Muslims.:rolleyes:

If your radical buddies would act like human beings like the rest of the world,maybe there could be some peace.

Nancy Pelosi had no business going over there. Who does she think she is? Queen Pelosi? President Pelosi? Again Democrats have demonstrated they have no desire to work with Repubs to make things work. Her do what she wants attitude has made her look like the slef serving person that she is.

Gunny
04-05-2007, 08:40 PM

I should neg-rep you for violating my eyesight like that.:laugh2:

lily
04-05-2007, 09:59 PM
How can you insinuate that Israel isn't ready for peace? I'm sure they enjoy their grocery stores and buses being blown up by radical Muslims.:rolleyes:

Oh yes......Israel is the innocent in all this.

If your radical buddies would act like human beings like the rest of the world,maybe there could be some peace.

WOW.....I didn't know we had so much power! The rest of the world huh? Do you think if we all sit and hold hands and wish realy hard peace will come? I'm willing to put my powers to good use.

Nancy Pelosi had no business going over there. Who does she think she is? Queen Pelosi? President Pelosi? Again Democrats have demonstrated they have no desire to work with Repubs to make things work. Her do what she wants attitude has made her look like the slef serving person that she is.

YAWN

Senators are allowed to go to other countries on fact finding missions. I don't see you whining over the 3 Republicans that also went.

manu1959
04-05-2007, 10:02 PM

when israel was created by the UN ... how soon after that were they attacked and by whom? and was this a first strike attack or a retaliation for an israeli first strike?

manu1959
04-05-2007, 11:45 PM
hey look at this even he post says she is a liar

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/04/04/AR2007040402306_pf.html

Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) offered an excellent demonstration yesterday of why members of Congress should not attempt to supplant the secretary of state when traveling abroad. After a meeting with Syrian dictator Bashar al-Assad in Damascus, Ms. Pelosi announced that she had delivered a message from Israeli Prime Minister Ehud Olmert that "Israel was ready to engage in peace talks" with Syria. What's more, she added, Mr. Assad was ready to "resume the peace process" as well. Having announced this seeming diplomatic breakthrough, Ms. Pelosi suggested that her Kissingerian shuttle diplomacy was just getting started. "We expressed our interest in using our good offices in promoting peace between Israel and Syria," she said.

04-06-2007, 02:29 AM

Israel is more than ready for peace. It's neighbors aren't. If they were they wouldn't be refusing to renounce terrorism.

04-06-2007, 02:35 AM

WOW.....I didn't know we had so much power! The rest of the world huh? Do you think if we all sit and hold hands and wish realy hard peace will come? I'm willing to put my powers to good use.

YAWN

Senators are allowed to go to other countries on fact finding missions. I don't see you whining over the 3 Republicans that also went.

Yeah. Israel is the innocent party here. How can you watch terrorists walk in and blow civilians up and Israel's neighbors vowing to commit genocide against Israel and say that Israel is the guilty party? Israel has bent over backwards offering land for peace, but every time they give into a demand their enemies demand more. I just can't see how any honest spectator can claim that Israel isn't the innocent party here.

The President has sole power to direct foreign policy. The Senate has limited ability to advice and consent. The House of Representatives has absolutely no power in this regard period. Senators may have reasons to engage in diplomatic activities to fulfill their role in advise and consent. House Representatives have no reasons to.

We all have far more power than you want to admit. We give up that power when we refuse to stand up to evil in the world.

Gaffer
04-06-2007, 10:25 AM

Yes, Israel is! But to an anti-semite like you that doesn't matter.

If we stiffle all the libs and kill all the islamist we can have some semblence of world peace. So put a sock in it.

YAWN

All politicians are allowed to go to other countries. They go on "fact finding missions" aka vacations and photo ops. Three repubs went to syria last week to do something Bush requested. Not to make foriegn policy and undermine the Secretary of State. But its the first thing the libs point too when polosi is attacked for going with her own agenda. Queen nancy is there strictly to fuel her own self importance.

Dilloduck
04-06-2007, 10:35 AM
All politicians are allowed to go to other countries. They go on "fact finding missions" aka vacations and photo ops. Three repubs went to syria last week to do something Bush requested. Not to make foriegn policy and undermine the Secretary of State. But its the first thing the libs point too when polosi is attacked for going with her own agenda. Queen nancy is there strictly to fuel her own self importance.

Criticizing Israel does not make one anti-semitic anymore than criticizing America makes one anti-Christian.

krisy
04-06-2007, 01:20 PM
Criticizing Israel does not make one anti-semitic anymore than criticizing America makes one anti-Christian.

I don't think that is what gaffer is saying,at least it doesn't sound like that to me.

krisy
04-06-2007, 01:23 PM

YAWN

Wow,that reponse was almost as deep as one of gabo's!!!

And yes,Israel is innocent in this...I'm glad you agree:poke: :salute:

Psychoblues
04-06-2007, 11:05 PM
Separating the wheat from the chafe; Speaker Pelosi went above and beyond her duties as House Speaker. She went and started something the shrub administration should have done years ago or at least when it was heavily advised by the ISG (Irag Study Group). Her performance is exemplary and gives great credit to herself, her Congress and the United States Of America. I hope she wins the Nobel Prize. As far as the Republicans that accompanied her on the trip and subsequent beginning of meaningful dialogue and to this day maintain silence on the issue I would suggest a little time in Political Science 101. Dumbasses.

stephanie
04-06-2007, 11:28 PM
Separating the wheat from the chafe; Speaker Pelosi went above and beyond her duties as House Speaker. She went and started something the shrub administration should have done years ago or at least when it was heavily advised by the ISG (Iraq Study Group). Her performance is exemplary and gives great credit to herself, her Congress and the United States Of America. I hope she wins the Nobel Prize. As far as the Republicans that accompanied her on the trip and subsequent beginning of meaningful dialogue and to this day maintain silence on the issue I would suggest a little time in Political Science 101. Dumbasses.

Well who would of thought you wouldn't of felt this way...:poke:

The only reason you praise it, is because she was humiliating President Bush, be honest..

There are plenty of people, on the right and left who are criticizing her for what she did..
We have a Sec. of State..
Pelosi is just a lowly Speaker.
She should be shunned and ridiculed for her stunt..
She should be stripped of her speaker duties, also..
It was embarrassing watching her...:slap:

grunt
04-06-2007, 11:34 PM
The bitch should be shot for treason...

Sitarro
04-06-2007, 11:37 PM

No kidding Steph, Middle Eastern countries are well known for their tremendous respect for women, especially Western women. They are also well known for always telling the truth, especially to western women. It truely is hard to believe how very naive the imbeciles of the left are, everytime I think that they just can't possibly be such dumbasses they turm around and prove me wrong. Can you imagine how hard the dictators of places like Iran and Syria are laughing while playing with their harems of goats?:laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2:

stephanie
04-06-2007, 11:45 PM
No kidding Steph, Middle Eastern countries are well known for their tremendous respect for women, especially Western women. They are also well known for always telling the truth, especially to western women. It truly is hard to believe how very naive the imbeciles of the left are, every time I think that they just can't possibly be such dumbasses they turn around and prove me wrong. Can you imagine how hard the dictators of places like Iran and Syria are laughing while playing with their harems of goats?:laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2:

Heck, they were probably making jokes about her, right in front of her..
How would she have known..:laugh2:

Pelosi was a total embarrassment over there..
The woman is really not very bright, and she needs to get off the power trip she's on...:slap:

04-07-2007, 01:41 AM
Separating the wheat from the chafe; Speaker Pelosi went above and beyond her duties as House Speaker. She went and started something the shrub administration should have done years ago or at least when it was heavily advised by the ISG (Irag Study Group). Her performance is exemplary and gives great credit to herself, her Congress and the United States Of America. I hope she wins the Nobel Prize. As far as the Republicans that accompanied her on the trip and subsequent beginning of meaningful dialogue and to this day maintain silence on the issue I would suggest a little time in Political Science 101. Dumbasses.

You are praising her for violating her constitutional role? Why doesnt this surprise me?

Psychoblues
04-07-2007, 02:35 AM
What violation? What Constitutional role?

You are praising her for violating her constitutional role? Why doesnt this surprise me?

Are you ridiculing the duties of American representatives or just fuckin' with me? Or, are you really that stupid?