PDA

View Full Version : Joe Biden: the serial liar

glockmail
04-10-2009, 02:44 PM
I heard Biden say this myself : “Well, Joe, [President Bush] said, I’m a leader. And I said, Mr. President, turn around and look behind you. No one’s following.” and it sounded a bit too predicable. I think Rove nailed it in the bolded text especially.

I'll go one step further and call Biden a serial liar.

Republican strategist Karl Rove has called Vice President Joe Biden a “liar” and a “serial exaggerator” for concocting a story about President George W. Bush “out of whole cloth.”

What set Rove off were comments Biden made in an interview with CNN on Tuesday regarding what he claimed was a meeting with President Bush in the Oval Office.

“Well, Joe, he said, I’m a leader. And I said, Mr. President, turn around and look behind you. No one’s following.”

Asked about the comments by Fox News' Megyn Kelly on Thursday, Rove — who was a close adviser to Bush — said: “It didn’t happen. I hate to say it, but he’s a serial exaggerator. If I was being unkind, I’d say he’s a liar. But it is a habit he ought to drop.

“You’ll notice every one of these incidents has the same structure. Joe Biden courageously raises the impudent question. The president befuddledly answers, and Joe Biden drives home the dramatic response. And I mean, it just — it’s his imagination. It’s a made-up, fictional world.”

Kelly asked: “So you’re saying he just made this thing up out of whole cloth with no basis in fact?”

Rove responded: “He’s making these things up out of whole cloth.”

Rove also disputed Biden’s claim that he had spent “a lot of hours alone with” Bush.

"Joe Biden was never alone with the president for more than a few moments," Rove said. "There was staff in the room at all times…

"I think there are very few presidents who spend hours with somebody in the Oval Office, particularly a — with all due respect, a blowhard like Joe Biden."

Rove also said: “These are the kinds of things you can get away with if you are a United States senator or a backbencher in the U.S. House of Representatives. You should not exaggerate and lie like this when you’re the vice president of the United States.”

Rove pointed out that Biden dropped out of the 1988 Presidential race because he was found to be plagiarizing a speech by Neil Kinnock, the leader of the British Labour Party, “and recounting an episode in Kinnock’s life as if it were in his own life.”

Biden was also criticized for claiming last July that he had been "shot at" during a trip to Iraq, Fox reported. He later amended that assertion, telling The Hill newspaper: "I was near where a shot landed."

Classact
04-10-2009, 07:59 PM
Guess he needs to borrow some tips from Obama (speak to puppet master's prepared remarks) along with one of his teleprompters and leave remarks to pre meomorized talking points.

Jagger
04-11-2009, 07:22 AM
Bite me, you FOX News-humping coward.

red states rule
04-11-2009, 10:16 AM
Guess he needs to borrow some tips from Obama (speak to puppet master's prepared remarks) along with one of his teleprompters and leave remarks to pre meomorized talking points.

Or he has learned form one of the best liars going today - a preacher in Maine who is an expert in lying and deception :laugh2:

glockmail
04-11-2009, 10:25 AM
Guess he needs to borrow some tips from Obama (speak to puppet master's prepared remarks) along with one of his teleprompters and leave remarks to pre meomorized talking points. Except a lot of his lies have been pre-prepared.