PDA

View Full Version : Fleischer: 'Where is the Press' in Checking Biden's Claim?

red states rule
04-11-2009, 09:07 AM
Another classic example of the liberal bias in the media. It is amazing how many on the left continues to deny the slanted ocverage and how the liberal media protects their beloved Dems

Fleischer: 'Where is the Press' in Checking Biden's Claim?

MSNBC anchor Peter Alexander was more interested Friday afternoon in a Karl Rove v Joe Biden cat fight than in the accuracy of Biden's claim which prompted Rove's rebuke of him for telling a “lie” -- which led guest Ari Fleischer to scold the media for not checking into Biden's allegation. Indeed, MSNBC framed the segment around Rove's words, “Rove: Biden Is a Liar.” When Alexander asked if it is “appropriate for Karl Rove” to call a Vice President “a liar?”, Fleischer shot back: “Well, for heaven's sake, that's just about the only word Democrats wanted to use when they were talking about George W. Bush.”

Alexander began the segment, in the 3 PM EDT hour, playing the self-serving anecdote told by Biden in an interview earlier this week for CNN's The Situation about how, in an Oval Office meeting on an unidentified date, when President Bush told him “I'm a leader,” Biden had retorted: “Mr. President, turn around, look behind you, no one's following.” Alexander wanted to know who would benefit politically -- “Are these fights good for the GOP or for the Obama administration?” -- prompting Fleischer to wonder:

My question is, where is the press in all of this? If Dick Cheney had said that he had a private meeting with Bill Clinton and he in that meeting told Bill Clinton that Bill Clinton was wrong, I think all the press would have said to Cheney, “When did you do it? Back it up. Where are the dates?” There's no scrutiny here for Joe Biden....

To which, Alexander insisted, apparently quite seriously:

I'm trusting right now that all the reporters in Washington are mulling over to find out whatever information they can about whatever the Vice President now had said when he was Senator to try to put those facts together.

Yet, the matter only arose because Rove was asked about it on FNC's On the Record. Who else in the media has pursued the claim made in the interview conducted and aired on Tuesday?

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/brent-baker/2009/04/10/fleischer-where-press-checking-bidens-claim