PDA

View Full Version : Obamas fly in chef 860 miles... just to make pizza

Pages : 1 [2]

red states rule
04-16-2009, 06:40 AM
Virgil guys that owned 2 trucks have parked one, see if ya have 2 after ya pay the 2nd driver and all the cost of the truck you aren't making all that much more than if ya run one and drive it yourself, so Yes Virgil there are people doing exactly that!

Or maybe Virgil the increasing number of people losing their job, the 3,000 points off the Dow, and the number of companies shutting down since Obama won the election may also tell you how successful Obama's policies are doing

Jeff
04-16-2009, 06:43 AM
as I said...Jeffie...if George Bush had been able to talk a pizza maker from St. Louis into flying to DC to serve him pizza at the pizza maker's expense, I would have applauded that. The pizza maker made the wise business decision to get enormous publicity that would significantly boost his business... I think that is a great thing to do... any business that can find a way to distinguish itself from its competition gets kudos from me. Kinda like how Marlboro can get you to buy those THREE packs for the price of two promos. puff puff.:lol:

2 packs a day dumbo, you never cease to amaze me, here we are having a nice chat and you want to bring up smoking, talk about baiting and derailing, well you aren't going to catch me in that trap!!

Virgil you will have to try harder!!!!

moderate democrat
04-16-2009, 06:43 AM
Virgil guys that owned 2 trucks have parked one, see if ya have 2 after ya pay the 2nd driver and all the cost of the truck you aren't making all that much more than if ya run one and drive it yourself, so Yes Virgil there are people doing exactly that!

that has little to do with taxes and much to do with a desire to simplify one's life. As I said.... America has had a progressive tax structure for a century and it has not stopped people from wanting to make more money and move up the socio-economic ladder.

moderate democrat
04-16-2009, 06:45 AM
2 packs a day dumbo, you never cease to amaze me, here we are having a nice chat and you want to bring up smoking, talk about baiting and derailing, well you aren't going to catch me in that trap!!

jeffie...you bait me, and I'll bait you. OK?

two packs a day.... that's close to $4K/year.... all to shorten your life. wow.

Jeff
04-16-2009, 06:46 AM
that has little to do with taxes and much to do with a desire to simplify one's life. As I said.... America has had a progressive tax structure for a century and it has not stopped people from wanting to make more money and move up the socio-economic ladder.It has everything to do with taxes, the 2nd truck put them up over 250 Virgil!!

moderate democrat
04-16-2009, 06:48 AM
It has everything to do with taxes, the 2nd truck put them up over 250 Virgil!!

jeffie...you yourself said that, even with the second truck, they would make MORE money.... so it is clearly not about taxes.... it is about putting a value on the hassle of having an employee.

Jeff
jeffie...you bait me, and I'll bait you. OK?

two packs a day.... that's close to $4K/year.... all to shorten your life. wow.

Don't remember baiting you Virgil, how so by calling you by your name?? and you are correct, smoking is a terrible thing, wow see Virgil some of can admit things are wrong!!

red states rule

Most libs are blinded by their hate and fear. Take this for example - a liberal moonbat telling us about the pending gloom when Bush won reelection

http://kennebecjournal.mainetoday.com/view/letters/1126271.shtml

moderate democrat
04-16-2009, 06:50 AM
Don't remember baiting you Virgil, how so by calling you by your name?? and you are correct, smoking is a terrible thing, wow see Virgil some of can admit things are wrong!!

Virgil is not my name and I have asked you nicely not to call me that.... to continue to do so is clearly baiting....

and it is sad about your smoking.... life is soooo short, and here you are, actively working on shortening your own life even further!

Jeff
04-16-2009, 06:51 AM
jeffie...you yourself said that, even with the second truck, they would make MORE money.... so it is clearly not about taxes.... it is about putting a value on the hassle of having an employee.

NO Virgil your wrong, they had a employee, no problem with that, but when they start losing profit then it is time to give it up, and no Virgil I am not saying he is in the red, but when the profit margin goes down so did the 2nd truck

moderate democrat
04-16-2009, 06:53 AM
NO Virgil your wrong, they had a employee, no problem with that, but when they start losing profit then it is time to give it up, and no Virgil I am not saying he is in the red, but when the profit margin goes down so did the 2nd truck

so he did not do it because the taxes were costing him money, but because his own profit margin was below that level where he could justify the hassle. The mere fact that he had a positive PROFIT margin meant that operating the second truck made him more money than merely operating one. JEFFY.

red states rule
04-16-2009, 06:55 AM
so he did not do it because the taxes were costing him money, but because his own profit margin was below that level where he could justify the hassle. The mere fact that he had a positive PROFIT margin meant that operating the second truck made him more money than merely operating one. JEFFY.

Without higher taxes his profit margin would be higher. Or is that to deep for you Virgil?

moderate democrat
04-16-2009, 06:57 AM
Without higher taxes his profit margin would be higher. Or is that to deep for you Virgil?

so what? he still puts more money in his pocket as profit after paying for the asset and the employee.

Again...you continue to run away from the FACT that America has had a progessive tax structure since the beginning of income tax.

red states rule
04-16-2009, 07:00 AM
so what? he still puts more money in his pocket as profit after paying for the asset and the employee.

Again...you continue to run away from the FACT that America has had a progessive tax structure since the beginning of income tax.

The employee is an expense. Taxes are an expense. Both reduce the profit margin Virgil

But to liberals like you, the worker and taxpayer is nothing more then a renewable money source

moderate democrat
04-16-2009, 07:02 AM
for example: a young guy is workiing at a fast food place and he is making $34K/ year.... and paying a marginal income tax rate of 15% on that wage. Do you really think that he is going to say NO to a promotion to shift manager making $44K/year because the additional $10K will be taxed at a marginal rate of 25%?

red states rule
04-16-2009, 07:03 AM
for example: a young guy is workiing at a fast food place and he is making $34K/ year.... and paying a marginal income tax rate of 15% on that wage. Do you really think that he is going to say NO to a promotion to shift manager making $44K/year because the additional $10K will be taxed at a marginal rate of 25%?

Assuming the owner is not hit with excesive Federal, state, and local taxes and can AFFORD to promote the guy and pay him more money

moderate democrat
04-16-2009, 07:04 AM
The employee is an expense. Taxes are an expense. Both reduce the profit margin Virgil

But to liberals like you, the worker and taxpayer is nothing more then a renewable money source

yes they DO reduce the profit margin - all the costs of business reduce the margin of profit...and if either one reduced that profit margin to zero or to a negative number, adding the second truck would be a bad business decision. As long as the profit margin is positive, there is an economic benefit to expansion.

moderate democrat
04-16-2009, 07:05 AM
Assuming the owner is not hit with excesive Federal, state, and local taxes and can AFFORD to promote the guy and pay him more money

you avoid the question: would the employee chose to forego the raise simply because he would be taxed at the higher rate? yes or no

Jeff
04-16-2009, 07:21 AM
Most libs are blinded by their hate and fear. Take this for example - a liberal moonbat telling us about the pending gloom when Bush won reelection

http://kennebecjournal.mainetoday.com/view/letters/1126271.shtml

RSR the only gloom I see is now that we have a liar in office, the libs cried foul ever chance they had against GW and look, there biggest cry was the deficit, Obama doubled it in a month, they cried the war, if and when he pulls the troops we will be fighting a war in this country, the libs are very smart people, lol

moderate democrat
04-16-2009, 07:35 AM
RSR the only gloom I see is now that we have a liar in office, the libs cried foul ever chance they had against GW and look, there biggest cry was the deficit, Obama doubled it in a month, they cried the war, if and when he pulls the troops we will be fighting a war in this country, the libs are very smart people, lol

democrats were upset that Bush was running up the deficit to fight an unecessary war in Iraq and give rich people tax breaks they did not need. we are NOT so upset about Obama's deficit in that he is running it up in an effort to fix an economy screwed up by eight years of mismanagement by the republicans. And if you are threatening attempting to violently overthrow the government of the United States, I would seriously question YOUR patriotism.

red states rule
04-16-2009, 07:37 AM
democrats were upset that Bush was running up the deficit to fight an unecessary war in Iraq and give rich people tax breaks they did not need. we are NOT so upset about Obama's deficit in that he is running it up in an effort to fix an economy screwed up by eight years of mismanagement by the republicans. And if you are threatening attempting to violently overthrow the government of the United States, I would seriously question YOUR patriotism.

Translation - My double standards prevent me from saying anything bad about a liberal Democrat Presidnet and a liberal run Congress

Bush deficits - bad

Obama deficits (5 times as bad as Bush's) - Good

You and the letter writer would get along great Virgil :laugh2:

Jeff
04-16-2009, 07:43 AM

Never said I was attempting to Violently overthrow the Gov Virgil, would you please show me where I said that??? Basically what I said was Idiots likle you stand by Party and don't give a dang about the country.

OOO and by the way unnecessary is spelled wrong, please get it right Virgil

As for the war in the this country numb nuts I am talking about the terrorist

moderate democrat
04-16-2009, 07:47 AM
Translation - My double standards prevent me from saying anything bad about a liberal Democrat Presidnet and a liberal run Congress

Bush deficits - bad

still running away from the simple question, eh?

pathetic.

moderate democrat
04-16-2009, 07:49 AM

Never said I was attempting to Violently overthrow the Gov Virgil, would you please show me where I said that???

that's where.

Jeff
04-16-2009, 07:52 AM

Bush deficits - bad

I would say this is common sense , but the same people crying about the deficit 6 months ago are now applauding Obama, again Party over country, I wonder why some even stay in America, seems Like Virgil would love a communist country providing his man ran it

Jeff
04-16-2009, 07:54 AM
that's where.

And it was answered dumbo, Virgil talking to you is like talking to my 6 year old, only you are a tad bit smarter , you have learned to derail and bait, you knew exactly what I meant when ya read it, ooo well

moderate democrat
04-16-2009, 08:06 AM
And it was answered dumbo, Virgil talking to you is like talking to my 6 year old, only you are a tad bit smarter , you have learned to derail and bait, you knew exactly what I meant when ya read it, ooo well

I cannot imagine that anyone really believes that if Obama pulls troops out of Iraq, that such a move will cause hordes of arab terrorists to invade our shores.... so I quite naturally assumed you meant domestic insurrection.

And why don't you and I make a pact where we try really hard to avoid gratuitous insults? how about that?

Jeff
04-16-2009, 08:09 AM
I cannot imagine that anyone really believes that if Obama pulls troops out of Iraq, that such a move will cause hordes of arab terrorists to invade our shores.... so I quite naturally assumed you meant domestic insurrection.

And why don't you and I make a pact where we try really hard to avoid gratuitous insults? how about that?

I will follow your lead Virgil

But Virgil seriously I disagree with ya, we aren't fighting a war in Iraq we are fighting terrorism , if we pull out of there we will be fighting it here!

glockmail
04-16-2009, 08:19 AM

And why don't you and I make a pact where we try really hard to avoid gratuitous insults? how about that? Looks incredibly familiar.

please refrain from gratuitous insults, RSR... http://www.debatepolicy.com/showthread.php?p=173734&highlight=gratuitous#post173734

same for you RSR... why the gratuitous insults? http://www.debatepolicy.com/showthread.php?p=199955&highlight=gratuitous#post199955

will you ever lay off these gratuitous insults and debate issues with me? http://www.debatepolicy.com/showthread.php?p=249770&highlight=gratuitous#post249770

stop with the repetitive gratuitous insults http://www.debatepolicy.com/showthread.php?p=270923&highlight=gratuitous#post270923

gratuitous insults. Is that really all you have? http://www.debatepolicy.com/showthread.php?p=271742&highlight=gratuitous#post271742

if you wish to debate issues, and not rely solely on gratuitous insults, be sure and let me know. http://www.debatepolicy.com/showthread.php?p=274942&highlight=gratuitous#post274942

thanks for the gratuitous insult, now keep out of this thread if that is all you are going to do, http://www.debatepolicy.com/showthread.php?p=279093&highlight=gratuitous#post279093

moderate democrat
04-16-2009, 08:27 AM
I will follow your lead Virgil

But Virgil seriously I disagree with ya, we aren't fighting a war in Iraq we are fighting terrorism , if we pull out of there we will be fighting it here!

I disagree that it is an either/or proposition. We ARE fighting a war in Iraq when we SHOULD be fighting a multifaceted war against islamic extremism. Stopping the actions in Iraq does not mean we stop fighting islamic extremism, it only means that we do so more intelligently.

Monkeybone
04-16-2009, 08:49 AM
I disagree that it is an either/or proposition. We ARE fighting a war in Iraq when we SHOULD be fighting a multifaceted war against islamic extremism. Stopping the actions in Iraq does not mean we stop fighting islamic extremism, it only means that we do so more intelligently.

I have to agree with MD, we are fighting a war in Iraq. But it is perpetuated by the inflow of the extremist. don't these guys have repect for country lines? sheesh

so does that just mean we strike them when we find them? I am for that, but it raises the question 'How would other countries feel about that?' I would like to ask for permission, but most of the countries that they are operating in aren't exactly either the best of friends with us or on the 'pure' gov side.

Jeff
04-16-2009, 09:01 AM

Virgil I disagree with ya, we are not fighting the people of Iraq , we are fighting the terrorist there , and yes I do believe when we show how weak our new Government is we will have many more attacks here, Believe me Virgil this is one that I sure hope you are right on, but I don't think so.

PostmodernProphet
04-16-2009, 09:06 AM

the fight in Iraq has been against one of those facets of extremism for several years now......

moderate democrat
04-16-2009, 09:06 AM
Virgil I disagree with ya, we are not fighting the people of Iraq , we are fighting the terrorist there , and yes I do believe when we show how weak our new Government is we will have many more attacks here, Believe me Virgil this is one that I sure hope you are right on, but I don't think so.

we're done talking.

moderate democrat
04-16-2009, 09:07 AM
the fight in Iraq has been against one of those facets of extremism for several years now......

who only came there to Iraq because it was a short trip for the opportunity to kill americans.

moderate democrat
04-16-2009, 09:08 AM
I have to agree with MD, we are fighting a war in Iraq. But it is perpetuated by the inflow of the extremist. don't these guys have repect for country lines? sheesh

so does that just mean we strike them when we find them? I am for that, but it raises the question 'How would other countries feel about that?' I would like to ask for permission, but most of the countries that they are operating in aren't exactly either the best of friends with us or on the 'pure' gov side.

thanks

emmett
04-16-2009, 09:19 AM
who only came there to Iraq because it was a short trip for the opportunity to kill americans.

Very observant and quite correct. They were "drawn" there. By doing so, the former admin drew out an enemy we could not see. This allowed us to accomplish two things. Destroy and capture terrorists, which we did, and get rid of Suddam Hussein, which we did.

The terrorists are hurting. They have sustained quite allot of damage they would not have hiding in caves.

To keep this on thread, no one is going to have a pizza party over this though.

glockmail
04-16-2009, 09:33 AM
who only came there to Iraq because it was a short trip for the opportunity to kill americans. Actually the connection between Saddam and bin Laden is well documented.

moderate democrat
04-16-2009, 09:41 AM
Very observant and quite correct. They were "drawn" there. By doing so, the former admin drew out an enemy we could not see. This allowed us to accomplish two things. Destroy and capture terrorists, which we did, and get rid of Suddam Hussein, which we did.

The terrorists are hurting. They have sustained quite allot of damage they would not have hiding in caves.

To keep this on thread, no one is going to have a pizza party over this though.do you honestly think that Team Bush invaded Iraq for the purpose of drawing out Islamic extremists from the surrounding arab/muslim countries?

And I would agree that we have a great deal left to do in the war against islamic extremism and ought not to be throwing any parties of any kind just yet.

Kathianne
04-16-2009, 12:32 PM

Yep, called 'Flypaper Strategy', interesting that the article I found was by Andrew Sullivan, who was for Iraq, before he was against it:

http://www.travelbrochuregraphics.com/extra/flypaper.htm

The Sunday Times (London) September 6, 2003

Flypaper
A Strategy Unfolds
by Andrew Sullivan

Some time before the Iraq war, I found myself musing out loud to someone close to the inner circles of the Bush administration. We were talking about the post-war scenario, something that even then was a source of some worry even to gung-ho hawks like myself. I don't recall the precise conversation but I voiced some worries about what might happen if an occupied Iraq became a target for international terrorism. Wouldn't U.S. soldiers become sitting ducks? What was to stop al Qaeda using Iraq as a battleground in the war against the West? Or Hizbollah? Or even Hamas? Not to mention the Syrians and Iranians, who would persumably be terrified at the thought of an actual living, breathing democracy emerging in the monolithically repressive Arab world.

And what he said surprised me. If the terrorists leave us alone in Iraq, fine, he said. But if they come and get us, even better. Far more advantageous to fight terror using trained soldiers in Iraq than trying to defend civilians in New York or London. "Think of it as a flytrap," he ventured. Iraq would not simply be a test-case for Muslim democracy; it would be the first stage in a real and aggressive war against the terrorists and their sponsors in Ryadh and Damascus and Tehran. Operation Flytrap had been born.

I subsequently aired this theory on my blog, and received incredulous responses. Readers chimed in with objections. Wouldn't that mean essentially using U.S. soldiers as bait? Isn't this too cynical and devious a strategy? Isn't there a limitless supply of jihadists just longing to mix it up with the U.S. in a terrain they know better than we do? What on earth are you talking about?

But as the weeks and months have gone by, that conversation has stuck by me. It wasn't a retroactive justification of the mixture of progress and chaos we now see in the Sunni regions of Iraq - so I couldn't dismiss it as desperate post-hoc spin. If it wasn't a central part of the strategy from the beginning, it was surely a Plan B. And from statements from key Bush officials in the past couple of months, it's clear that it's now very close to Plan A....

Jeff
04-16-2009, 01:45 PM

LMAO, that was a good one emmett, yea I don't think our soldiers will be eating pizza for a while, LOL

Jeff
04-16-2009, 01:50 PM
do you honestly think that Team Bush invaded Iraq for the purpose of drawing out Islamic extremists from the surrounding arab/muslim countries?

And I would agree that we have a great deal left to do in the war against islamic extremism and ought not to be throwing any parties of any kind just yet.

Wow the answer to the thread , WE OUGHT NOT BE THROWING ANY PARTIES OF ANY KIND JUST YET !!!!

emmett you are a genius , you put this thread back on track and even got Virgil to understand finally!!!

moderate democrat
04-16-2009, 03:42 PM
Wow the answer to the thread , WE OUGHT NOT BE THROWING ANY PARTIES OF ANY KIND JUST YET !!!!

emmett you are a genius , you put this thread back on track and even got Virgil to understand finally!!!

not so fast... I certainly have no problem with celebrations... just not any celebrations regarding a victory over Islamic extremism.

but my guess is, you knew that already.

buddy.

Jeff
04-16-2009, 03:46 PM
not so fast... I certainly have no problem with celebrations... just not any celebrations regarding a victory over Islamic extremism.

but my guess is, you knew that already.

buddy.

Virgil you said it!!!:poke:

emmett
04-16-2009, 08:10 PM
do you honestly think that Team Bush invaded Iraq for the purpose of drawing out Islamic extremists from the surrounding arab/muslim countries?

Well yes MD, I do. I believe exactly that. It wouldn't be too hard to figure that when we invaded Iraq the Terrorists would come to us. It wasn't exactly brilliant of them to have conceived this.

I wasn't that big on invading Iraq so your "ultra conservative, right wingnut stuff" will be an unqualified argument with me. I don't care for war. I do realize the benefits of toppling Suddam Hussein and yes, that did bring our the terrorists whether you want to admit it or not.

AND.....

I'm eating a pizza so I'm still on thread.

PS> The unprovoked namecalling is why your post was deleted.

moderate democrat
04-16-2009, 08:16 PM
Well yes MD, I do. I believe exactly that. It wouldn't be too hard to figure that when we invaded Iraq the Terrorists would come to us. It wasn't exactly brilliant of them to have conceived this.

I wasn't that big on invading Iraq so your "ultra conservative, right wingnut stuff" will be an unqualified argument with me. I don't care for war. I do realize the benefits of toppling Suddam Hussein and yes, that did bring our the terrorists whether you want to admit it or not.

AND.....

I'm eating a pizza so I'm still on thread.

PS> The unprovoked namecalling is why your post was deleted.

your willingness to give Bush credit for something that was clearly NOT part of their game plan shows me that you are a Bush asskisser, who happens to have a mouthful of pizza.

emmett
04-16-2009, 08:35 PM
your willingness to give Bush credit for something that was clearly NOT part of their game plan shows me that you are a Bush asskisser, who happens to have a mouthful of pizza.

Where do you see me give Bush ANY credit for the statement I made. What I did say is that it wasn't "brilliant" to have developed that strategy. Under the circumstances it was the thing to do. As far as you calling me more names in your frustration of my owning you when it comes to debate, well, that's OK MD. I understand your frustration and I feel for you with genuine compassion.

Now...can you prove it was not the intention of the Republican admin to draw out the Terrorists?

AND...

Let's assume it was, was it a good strategy?

moderate democrat
04-16-2009, 09:37 PM
Where do you see me give Bush ANY credit for the statement I made. What I did say is that it wasn't "brilliant" to have developed that strategy. Under the circumstances it was the thing to do. As far as you calling me more names in your frustration of my owning you when it comes to debate, well, that's OK MD. I understand your frustration and I feel for you with genuine compassion.

Now...can you prove it was not the intention of the Republican admin to draw out the Terrorists?

AND...

Let's assume it was, was it a good strategy?

I think if you read the PNAC manifesto, it is clear that drawing out terrorists was not part of their game plan... and even if it was, I think it is of limited effectiveness given the fact that our presence in an oil rich arab nation serves to marginalize more formerly moderate arabs than it does to kill already radicalized ones. ANd I am not really frustrated with you, emmett.... your cock of the walk strutting about is really endearing and funny. It is hard to get angry with you when I am laughing at you.

emmett
04-16-2009, 09:46 PM
Terrorists can get a copy too MD.

moderate democrat
04-16-2009, 09:55 PM
Terrorists can get a copy too MD.

maybe you should read it before continuing this discussion. I have.

red states rule
04-17-2009, 03:34 AM
I would say this is common sense , but the same people crying about the deficit 6 months ago are now applauding Obama, again Party over country, I wonder why some even stay in America, seems Like Virgil would love a communist country providing his man ran it

Well thank God the poor economy didn’t effect the Emperor Obama from throwing his pizza party

As far as Virgil, maybe he would be happier in Mexico.

red states rule
04-17-2009, 05:48 AM

Hmmmm....

Many libs said Pres Reagan would start WWIII with the Soviet Union

Harry Reid said the war in Iraq was lost

Kerry, Durbin, Kennedy, and Murtha smeared and slimed the troops serving in Iraq

Obama staged a vist with pre screened supporters (and handed out the camera they took their pictures with) and ignored wounded troops so he could have another photo op

So we are to actually believe that the left actually has a grip on what is going on when it coems to the war on terror and how the US can win it?

Jeff
04-17-2009, 06:25 AM

Virgil before the war started in Iraq people said we couldn't win the war because they knew the terrorist would come crawling out, they said we would be fighting from house to house, this was the people opposed to the war , even they knew it would draw the terrorist out:poke:

red states rule
04-17-2009, 06:32 AM
Virgil before the war started in Iraq people said we couldn't win the war because they knew the terrorist would come crawling out, they said we would be fighting from house to house, this was the people opposed to the war , even they knew it would draw the terrorist out:poke:

To "tolerant" liberals like Virgil, conservatives speaking out against Obama and liberal policies are more of a threat then those who brought down the twin towers

Jeff
04-17-2009, 06:45 AM
To "tolerant" liberals like Virgil, conservatives speaking out against Obama and liberal policies are more of a threat then those who brought down the twin towers

Makes ya have to question someone's patriotism , OOO well for some it is party over country.

Jeff
04-17-2009, 06:46 AM
With libs like Virgil, how can you questions something they do not have?

Virgil pledges his allegiance to the Democrat Party - not the United States

Getting back on topic, I guess that is why he feels it is OK for us to tighten our belt's but Obama can have pizza parties and dine on 100 dollar steaks !

red states rule
04-17-2009, 06:46 AM
Makes ya have to question someone's patriotism , OOO well for some it is party over country.

With libs like Virgil, how can you questions something they do not have?

Virgil pledges his allegiance to the Democrat Party - not the United States

red states rule
04-17-2009, 06:51 AM
Getting back on topic, I guess that is why he feels it is OK for us to tighten our belt's but Obama can have pizza parties and dine on 100 dollar steaks !

Hey, nothing is to good for the Chosen One. He is the first rock star President. You can't expect him to live like the commoners that voted for him do you?

Jeff
04-17-2009, 06:53 AM
Hey, nothing is to good for the Chosen One. He is the first rock star President. You can't expect him to live like the commoners that voted for him do you?

Hell No , I am surprised it was pizza though, with his attitude I would of figured he would of flown in a guy from Maine to cook him some lobster, he is the man ya know

Yurt
04-17-2009, 04:12 PM
an english major would tell you that the phrase "at his own expense" refers to the closet possible noun.... i.e. chef.

and it will certainly help the economy of the neighborhood where pi pizza is in St. Louis... I don't think the owner would have undertaken the venture if he didn't expect a positive return.

you are right, i have no idea why i tried to twist that sentence...i think i was reading a case and trying to twist it to favor my client and then jumped on here with the same mindset. i reread the sentence and thought....wtf yurt...

:cool:

Kathianne
04-17-2009, 05:42 PM
Yep, called 'Flypaper Strategy', interesting that the article I found was by Andrew Sullivan, who was for Iraq, before he was against it:

http://www.travelbrochuregraphics.com/extra/flypaper.htm

bump

moderate democrat
04-17-2009, 06:09 PM
bump

I read it the first time... but thought it was silly then, and find it silly now. I do not think that anyone with half a brain would ever attempt to suggest that Bush's rationale for invading Iraq, which was so closely tied to WMD's and to purported ties between Saddam and Osama bin Laden, was actually enacted for the purpose of drawing out Islamic extremists in the middle east to fight us in Iraq as some alternative to carrying out terrorist activities against the west on their own turf. The attacks in Spain and Great Britain are proof of that.

Kathianne
04-17-2009, 07:34 PM
I read it the first time... but thought it was silly then, and find it silly now. I do not think that anyone with half a brain would ever attempt to suggest that Bush's rationale for invading Iraq, which was so closely tied to WMD's and to purported ties between Saddam and Osama bin Laden, was actually enacted for the purpose of drawing out Islamic extremists in the middle east to fight us in Iraq as some alternative to carrying out terrorist activities against the west on their own turf. The attacks in Spain and Great Britain are proof of that.

and you'd be wrong now, as you were then. Real then, proven now.

moderate democrat
04-17-2009, 09:17 PM
and you'd be wrong now, as you were then. Real then, proven now.
your opinion... you're welcome to it.

emmett
04-17-2009, 09:43 PM

OK MD. Here we go. Follow closely, there will be a test. Do you remember what we did in Afghanistan? You know the Sweep of the Taliban there the first time. Surely we don't have to debate that.

Now.... many fled to Iraq! Some to Pakistan, some to Iran. Many were killed and our troops were quite victorius.

Then we invaded Iraq because of the suspicion of WMDs, which Saddam Hussein had already used on his own people and claimed he had. Not to mention he had broken almost every term of the treaty he agreed to in order to remain in power, when we should have removed his sorry ass the first time.

In we went killing as few Iraqi soldiers as possible in order to win the immediate occupation conflict. Again we were victorious. Then the Terrorist War started, and wa-lah, right where we already were. I would call that a very good fly paper strategy.

You can spin and twist it but that is what it was, plain and simple!

moderate democrat
04-17-2009, 10:01 PM
revisionist history by a Bush apologist.

Yurt
04-17-2009, 10:11 PM

i'm ordering pizza, how about you?

moderate democrat
04-17-2009, 10:23 PM
i'm ordering pizza, how about you?

good call...and good economic stimulus! ;)

emmett
04-17-2009, 10:28 PM
From what I understand Obama didn't like the pizza that much.

Yurt
04-17-2009, 10:59 PM
good call...and good economic stimulus! ;)

nah, that stimulus ruins my pizza. i'll take woodstocks anytime...

Jeff
04-17-2009, 11:30 PM
your opinion... you're welcome to it.

And yours is anymore than a opinion Virgil?

Jeff
04-18-2009, 06:37 AM
From what I understand Obama didn't like the pizza that much.

emmett it wasn't about him liking the pizza , it was about being able to do so, Obama is on a power trip that will run this country into the ground

PostmodernProphet
04-18-2009, 07:16 AM

lol, what does a liberal know about history....you can't even keep the present straight......

moderate democrat
04-18-2009, 01:25 PM
lol, what does a liberal know about history....you can't even keep the present straight......

ba dum bump

you takin' that one to open mike night at the geeky conservative comedy club?

Jeff
04-18-2009, 01:28 PM

Virgil has allot more than the present he can't keep straight, lol, oo wait I am wrong presently he is moderate democrat, is it the past or the present he is confused with?