PDA

View Full Version : Obamas fly in chef 860 miles... just to make pizza

Pages : [1] 2

red states rule
04-11-2009, 04:28 PM
Is this the change you Obama supporters voted for?

Obamas fly in chef 860 miles... just to make pizza
By Mail Foreign Service
Last updated at 12:37 PM on 10th April 2009

When you're the president of the United States, only the best pizza will do - even if that means flying a chef 860 miles.

Chris Sommers, 33, jetted into Washington from St Louis, Missouri, on Thursday with a suitcase of dough, cheese and pans to to prepare food for the Obamas and their staff.

He had apparently been handpicked after the President had tasted his pizzas on the campaign trail last autumn.

'It's surreal, it's a huge honour,' said Mr Sommers, who owns Pi restaurant in St Louis.

'It will be a casual lunch and hopefully we'll have a chance to say hello to the president.'

Mr Somers was accompanied by this business parnter Ryan Mangilardo who will help prepare the dinner for 140 this evening.
It will feature his signature dishes - ten deep dish and ten thin crust creations.

He is also planning a pizza especially for the president - the Hyde Park topped with chicken and hot sauce.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/worldnews/article-1168940/Obamas-fly-chef-860-miles-White-House--just-make-pizza.html

PostmodernProphet
04-11-2009, 06:15 PM
Mr Somers was accompanied by this business parnter Ryan Mangilardo who will help prepare the dinner for 140 this evening.
It will feature his signature dishes - ten deep dish and ten thin crust creations.

crap, I've seen kid's soccer teams finish off 20 pizzas......there's gonna be some hungry folks leaving THIS party.....

red states rule
04-11-2009, 06:17 PM
crap, I've seen kid's soccer teams finish off 20 pizzas......there's gonna be some hungry folks leaving THIS party.....

Think of all the CO2 that got pumped into my atmosphere in order to bring pizza to the guy that wants to confiscate SUV's and make me do daily tire inflation checks.

glockmail
04-11-2009, 06:33 PM
Who paid for this?

red states rule
04-11-2009, 06:38 PM
Who paid for this?

As with most libs who like to party - someone other then them.

IOW- the US taxpayer probably picked up the check for another Obama party

glockmail
04-11-2009, 06:42 PM
As with most libs who like to party - someone other then them.

IOW- the US taxpayer probably picked up the check for another Obama party I'd like to know if it was the taxpayer.

red states rule
04-11-2009, 06:45 PM
I'd like to know if it was the taxpayer.

Obama refuses to comment on the pirate hostage crisis to the media, but has not problem flying in a pizza maker at tax payer expense in order to have a pizza party

It's called an "excess of arrogance".

crin63
04-11-2009, 07:02 PM
Obama refuses to comment on the pirate hostage crisis to the media, but has not problem flying in a pizza maker at tax payer expense in order to have a pizza party

It's called an "excess of arrogance".

I guess Obama didn't learn how to order pizza as a community organizer.

red states rule
04-11-2009, 07:05 PM
I guess Obama didn't learn how to order pizza as a community organizer.

So the economy is fine then?

Apparently... crisis over - time for pizza, spare no expense. Someone else is paying for it anyway

crin63
04-11-2009, 07:11 PM
So the economy is fine then?

Apparently... crisis over - time for pizza, spare no expense. Someone else is paying for it anyway

He should've called chris matthews, I'm sure he would've delivered the pizzas just for the tingle up his leg.

red states rule
04-11-2009, 07:13 PM
He should've called chris matthews, I'm sure he would've delivered the pizzas just for the tingle up his leg.

Good to know my tax dollars are going to good use.

How limousine liberal elite are you when you proclaim to be all about helping out the poor & then you spend thousands of tax payer dollars that could have been used to feed the homeless in order to abuse "Executive Privilege" with this whole pizza party thing...the scope of the hypocrisy is beyond laughable!

5stringJeff
04-11-2009, 07:40 PM
How about all those hard-working pizza makers in Washington DC? How is Obama going to stimulate his local economy if he can't order pizza from the local Domino's?

Kathianne
04-11-2009, 07:53 PM
How about all those hard-working pizza makers in Washington DC? How is Obama going to stimulate his local economy if he can't order pizza from the local Domino's?

I was thinking the same thing. DC has some very low income places, bet you could get a heck of a pizza somewhere in those neighborhoods, that would just love to deliver to the WH.

On the other hand, hometown wasn't pleased:

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/nationworld/sns-ap-obama-pizza,0,4812099.story

Obama's choice of St. Louis deep dish pizza hits Chicago's eye like a big pizza pie

By Associated Press

... :laugh2:

Silver
04-11-2009, 08:16 PM
Waiting to hear from our resident bonehead apologists....defenders of the messiah...

April15?
IB1yysguy??
Jagger???
JoeSteel????
ModernDemocrat?????
Psychblues??????
Tiana????????
and others.......

Lets hear the excuses.....or at least a "Bush did it too".....

Mr. P
04-11-2009, 08:30 PM
You folks would be pissed to know about ALL the excesses of ALL the Presidents. With the exception of calling a pizza place owner a Chef it's a non issue for me..

moderate democrat
04-11-2009, 09:24 PM
I saw Chris Sommers, the owner of Pi Pizza, on CNN this afternoon say that the entire trip was on HIS nickel and that neither the administration - nor the taxpayer - was paying for any of it. He said it was an honor and he was proud to do it.

Silver
04-11-2009, 09:42 PM
See that....The pizza guys paid for their own plane tickets and brought the makings for 20 pies....I'll bet they even paid for a taxi to get them from the airport to the White House....what great guys.....probably got good deals on hotel rooms too....only in America.....no reason to doubt this story at all....
Thanks mm...I knew I could count on you....

Mr. P
04-11-2009, 09:42 PM
I saw Chris Sommers, the owner of Pi Pizza, on CNN this afternoon say that the entire trip was on HIS nickel and that neither the administration - nor the taxpayer - was paying for any of it. He said it was an honor and he was proud to do it.

Obama lovers lie all the time, Virgy....you know that.

moderate democrat
04-11-2009, 09:54 PM
See that....The pizza guys paid for their own plane tickets and brought the makings for 20 pies....I'll bet they even paid for a taxi to get them from the airport to the White House....what great guys.....probably got good deals on hotel rooms too....only in America.....no reason to doubt this story at all....
Thanks md...I knew I could count on you....

so the pizza owner was lying? is that your story?

do you not think that the pizza guy will write off the cost of the entire venture and the free publicity he gets will be more than worth it?

Kathianne
04-11-2009, 10:00 PM
Yep, this guy just got tons of publicity, my guess is he may open stores in NY or Chicago. LOL!

Mr. P
04-11-2009, 10:05 PM

do you not think that the pizza guy will write off the cost of the entire venture and the free publicity he gets will be more than worth it?

On what basis could he write off the cost of the entire venture?

As far as publicity...it may shut his ass down. :laugh2:

Silver
04-11-2009, 10:12 PM

Hey dude...I said nothing of the sort....why would he lie ? Hes probably a rich republican ....
and I certainly can't guess how he might handle it on his tax form....maybe he can count it as a campaign donation to the DNC...probably has his financal advisers on the problem already....

moderate democrat
04-12-2009, 12:12 AM
Hey dude...I said nothing of the sort....why would he lie ? Hes probably a rich republican ....
and I certainly can't guess how he might handle it on his tax form....maybe he can count it as a campaign donation to the DNC...probably has his financal advisers on the problem already....

so you agree that he is not a liar and that the administration, nor the taxpayer paid for his trip to DC to cook the president pizza?

thank you.

hjmick
04-12-2009, 01:15 AM
Seriously? We're arguing about whether or not this pizza clown was flown to DC on the taxpayers dime? Of all the things we, the taxpayers foot the bill for regarding the President and his family, from his salary to their security to their public housing, to fuck knows what else, flying a guy from St. Louis to Washington to make pizzas would have to be the smallest expense on the list. As it turns out, at least according to what I have read, the guy was going to DC to visit is girlfriend anyway, they flew commercial, they paid for it themselves. Even if they didn't, if I were President, I can't say that I wouldn't do something similar. Call it one of the perks of the Office.

red states rule
04-12-2009, 06:24 AM

I am sure you would travel to DC to kiss Obama'a ass and tell him how great he is

red states rule
04-12-2009, 06:27 AM
so you agree that he is not a liar and that the administration, nor the taxpayer paid for his trip to DC to cook the president pizza?

thank you.

Look if any President, wants to have a so called pizza party. Fine. That being said, if it is the fact that he thinks he is priviliged in some way to have the pizza party fine also, but to have the gall no matter what he paid for or not. It is arrogant and uncalled for.

The only privliged in my opinion that he has that is to work for us the American People. All other things aside , a man who is truly humble and greatful to serve the people of the United States wouldn't be worrying about the pizza he ate. He would be concerned about getting to the business of doing the business of the American People.

Saying that in this time of "desperate economical time's" he would not care what he ate or who he ate it with him, besides his wife and his daughters.

It's still ridiculous to fly someone to cook a pizza for someone else. Total waste of fuel. I thought dems were the party of save the envionrment and do not make big carbon footprints.

red states rule
04-12-2009, 06:34 AM
Seriously? We're arguing about whether or not this pizza clown was flown to DC on the taxpayers dime? Of all the things we, the taxpayers foot the bill for regarding the President and his family, from his salary to their security to their public housing, to fuck knows what else, flying a guy from St. Louis to Washington to make pizzas would have to be the smallest expense on the list. As it turns out, at least according to what I have read, the guy was going to DC to visit is girlfriend anyway, they flew commercial, they paid for it themselves. Even if they didn't, if I were President, I can't say that I wouldn't do something similar. Call it one of the perks of the Office.

Well after Obama enrolled his girls in a prestigous private school - after yapping about public schools - its very hard to think that The Chosen One is an average person with the virtues of everyday people

So if he flies in a chef to make his pizza, who would be surprised?

moderate democrat
04-12-2009, 07:13 AM
Look if any President, wants to have a so called pizza party. Fine. That being said, if it is the fact that he thinks he is priviliged in some way to have the pizza party fine also, but to have the gall no matter what he paid for or not. It is arrogant and uncalled for.

The only privliged in my opinion that he has that is to work for us the American People. All other things aside , a man who is truly humble and greatful to serve the people of the United States wouldn't be worrying about the pizza he ate. He would be concerned about getting to the business of doing the business of the American People.

Saying that in this time of "desperate economical time's" he would not care what he ate or who he ate it with him, besides his wife and his daughters.

It's still ridiculous to fly someone to cook a pizza for someone else. Total waste of fuel. I thought dems were the party of save the envionrment and do not make big carbon footprints.

the man made a business decision to fly to Washington DC to make pizzas for the president. If he can increase his business by doing do, and gain a huge amount of publicity and the taxpayer does not pay for it, what in the world is your concern? Are you suggesting that the restuarant owner does not have the right to take steps to improve his business? Do you really want to somehow control that sort of behavior?

red states rule
04-12-2009, 07:16 AM
the man made a business decision to fly to Washington DC to make pizzas for the president. If he can increase his business by doing do, and gain a huge amount of publicity and the taxpayer does not pay for it, what in the world is your concern? Are you suggesting that the restuarant owner does not have the right to take steps to improve his business? Do you really want to somehow control that sort of behavior?

You libs want to control how much people are paid. how they travel, and how they should spend their money - except when other libs are involved

But you do not want to hold yourselves to the same standards

Obama goes on TV and lectures how people use their jets, tells us how we need to conserve, and how the economy is about to go into depression - and he has a cheif folwn in to make him pizza

Once again, if not for double standards liberals would have no standards at all

moderate democrat
04-12-2009, 07:52 AM
You libs want to control how much people are paid. how they travel, and how they should spend their money - except when other libs are involved

But you do not want to hold yourselves to the same standards

Obama goes on TV and lectures how people use their jets, tells us how we need to conserve, and how the economy is about to go into depression - and he has a cheif folwn in to make him pizza

Once again, if not for double standards liberals would have no standards at all

again... you are the free market capitalist. Please explain why YOU, of all people, would begrudge a businessman his efforts to increase his business? Your faux outrage over this is hilarious. Your hypocrisy is overwhelming.

red states rule
04-12-2009, 08:00 AM
again... you are the free market capitalist. Please explain why YOU, of all people, would begrudge a businessman his efforts to increase his business? Your faux outrage over this is hilarious. Your hypocrisy is overwhelming.

You keep ducking the Obama hypocrisy and his image as a liberal elitist - which is working hard to perfect

But nothing new here for you Virgil. Your lips are pressed firmly on Obama's ass

moderate democrat
04-12-2009, 08:39 AM
You keep ducking the Obama hypocrisy and his image as a liberal elitist - which is working hard to perfect

But nothing new here for you Virgil. Your lips are pressed firmly on Obama's ass

Again..if the pizza guys choses to fly out to cook pizza for the president, what would you have the president do? tell the pizza guy to forget it and call dominos instead?

admit it... you posted this because you mistakenly thought that the president was flying the guy out on OUR nickel.... now that you know that the pizza guy has done this on his own, to promote his business, your faux outrage falls flat.

red states rule
04-12-2009, 08:41 AM
Again..if the pizza guys choses to fly out to cook pizza for the president, what would you have the president do? tell the pizza guy to forget it and call dominos instead?

admit it... you posted this because you mistakenly thought that the president was flying the guy out on OUR nickel.... now that you know that the pizza guy has done this on his own, to promote his business, your faux outrage falls flat.

It is the hypocrisy of his actions. Something you live your "life" by Virgil

This is not the forst time or the last, Obama will tell us we need to cut back as he continues to splurge

glockmail
04-12-2009, 08:43 AM
I saw Chris Sommers, the owner of Pi Pizza, on CNN this afternoon say that the entire trip was on HIS nickel and that neither the administration - nor the taxpayer - was paying for any of it. He said it was an honor and he was proud to do it.:link:

moderate democrat
04-12-2009, 08:43 AM
It is the hypocrisy of his actions. Something you live your "life" by Virgil

This is not the forst time or the last, Obama will tell us we need to cut back as he continues to splurge

the outrage falls flat. admit it... you screwed up and started this because you thought that Obama was paying for the pizza and paying to fly the pizza cook to the white house.... Obama is not splurging in the least.... he's getting free pizza from a guy trying to promote his business.

you lose here pal.

red states rule
04-12-2009, 08:45 AM
the outrage falls flat. admit it... you screwed up and started this because you thought that Obama was paying for the pizza and paying to fly the pizza cook to the white house.... Obama is not splurging in the least.... he's getting free pizza from a guy trying to promote his business.

you lose here pal.

Not so. As people died during ice storms Obama dined on $100/pd steak. As the economy is about to enter another depression he files in a chief to make him pizza

Is this the change you voted for Virgil?

moderate democrat
04-12-2009, 08:47 AM
Not so. As people died during ice storms Obama dined on $100/pd steak. As the economy is about to enter another depression he files in a chief to make him pizza

Is this the change you voted for Virgil?

again...he's not flying anyone in... the guy is chosing to fly in and give the president free pizza...and it isn't costing the taxpayer a thing.

give it up...you've got nothing to be outraged about here except your own ineptitude for starting this thread on false pretenses.

fool.

red states rule
04-12-2009, 08:48 AM
again...he's not flying anyone in... the guy is chosing to fly in and give the president free pizza...and it isn't costing the taxpayer a thing.

give it up...you've got nothing to be outraged about here except your own ineptitude for starting this thread on false pretenses.

fool.

So now you are saying Obama did not ask him the guy to come to town, he flies into town, walks in, and cooks for the Chosen One

OK, I got it now :rolleyes:

glockmail
04-12-2009, 08:50 AM

2nd request: :link:

Kathianne
04-12-2009, 08:57 AM
2nd request: :link:

As the saying goes, the only 'facts' on this I can find would be liberal sites claiming to have done 'research'. Much like MD claims to have 'heard' something.

http://news.aol.com/political-machine/2009/04/10/right-wing-slams-barack-obama-for-ordering-pizza-really/6

On the other hand, nothing is written by reliable sources that the government picked up the tab. Freepers are going nuts, but then so are the Koskids over the 'unfairness'. All is well this Easter morning. :rolleyes:

glockmail
04-12-2009, 09:07 AM

On the other hand, nothing is written by reliable sources that the government picked up the tab.... Since that is the default position, its is assumed correct until proven otherwise. MD posters have one username needs to provide evidence to support his claim.

red states rule
04-12-2009, 09:09 AM
Since that is the default position, its is assumed correct until proven otherwise. MD aka HFM needs to provide evidence to support his claim.

Got this in an email

Dear President Obama:

I think it’s great that you were able to have a chef travel 850 miles to cook pizza for you and your family. Though not as important as our fundamental freedoms, one of the great things about living in the most productive and most free nation that has ever existed, is that sometimes we can do fun things like that just because they are fun.

I realize you haven’t been able to spend quite as much time in America as you might have liked, what with your childhood in Indonesia, spring break trips to Pakistan, and the time you’ve spent on the campuses of the Soviet Republics of Columbia and Chicago - not to mention your campaign trips to Europe before and after the election. I’m really glad that you liked the pizza in Missouri; I think that the more time you spend in the parts of America where people cling to religion and firearms, the more you will like them. Or at least you’ll be better able to conceal your thinly vieled contempt for them. Perhaps someday, you’ll even want to become a naturalized citizen.

So anyway, being President of a country like the USA is a fun gig, and I don’t begrudge you the chance to fly your favorite pizza chef to the White House on whim. The publicity of that kind of thing is probably great for the fellows’ pizza business. I’m just hoping that maybe, seeing as how your family likes to splurge now and then, that maybe you could lighten up a bit in your attitudes towards the rest of us. Maybe you could speak a bit more kindly about corporate executives who use private jets to travel to business meetings, and groups that like to hold their annual meetings in nice places like Las Vegas or Orlando.

Maybe you could show a bit more understanding towards regular folks who own an SUV to take their families camping, or who own a minivan to take their kids to baseball practice. And maybe I shouldn’t feel quite so guilty about driving 500 miles every month or two to visit my elderly parents. After all, compared to flying in a private pizza chef, those simple family activities don’t seem like such a huge luxury that we need to apologize to the rest of the world about. Perhaps you might even consider allowing us to drill for a little bit of oil or build a nuclear plant or two, so that our children could count on looking forward to the same sort of simple pleasures a decade or two from now.

Anyway, don’t let those critics who imply that you are some sort of hypocrite get you down. I’m really glad that you enjoy pizza. I like mine with finely ground pepperoni and sausage, with a lot of basil and oregano in the sauce, and with a very thin crispy crust. There’s place in my hometown called “Arni’s” that makes the very best of that kind of pizza and cuts them up into nice bite-sized little squares. I’d drive there and pick you up a pizza or two, but between your pending increases of my income taxes and the still-high gasoline prices, I just can’t afford it. Maybe you could fly their chef to the White House.

Best Regards from Flyover Country

moderate democrat
04-12-2009, 01:18 PM
So now you are saying Obama did not ask him the guy to come to town, he flies into town, walks in, and cooks for the Chosen One

OK, I got it now :rolleyes:

I am saying that the president did not pay a dime of taxpayer money to fly this guy out or to eat his pizzas.

glockmail
04-12-2009, 01:58 PM
I am saying that the president did not pay a dime of taxpayer money to fly this guy out or to eat his pizzas. :link:

Sitarro
04-12-2009, 02:06 PM

you lose here pal.

You're full of shit............ Obammmy just happened to schedule a 140 person dinner and this guy just happened to be coming to town???? Did the Easter Bunny show up at your house today too?

moderate democrat
04-12-2009, 02:11 PM
You're full of shit............ Obammmy just happened to schedule a 140 person dinner and this guy just happened to be coming to town???? Did the Easter Bunny show up at your house today too?

I am saying that the guy flew out on HIS nickel and he offered to do so. Can you disprove that, or just bluster like you always do?

red states rule
04-12-2009, 02:14 PM
I am saying that the guy flew out on HIS nickel and he offered to do so. Can you disprove that, or just bluster like you always do?

Still kissing the ass of the Chosen One I see Virgil. The man who dines on $100/pd steak as people die during an ice storm and has a cheif fly in to fix him piaaz as he tells us a Depression is about to hit the nation

Yep, in your world, the Messiah can do no wrong

After the whirlwind Apologize For America Tour, who are we to begrudge the man some pizza?

red states rule
04-12-2009, 02:21 PM

Is it just me or is it looking more and more like our current leaders are becoming elitists just like we see in 3rd world countries?

red states rule
04-12-2009, 02:33 PM
So if you believe the Obama lovers here, this is the "real" story

This guy just shows up, rings the doorbell, with pizza makings for 140. He keeps such a supply with him at all times naturally, and while in the area anyway, decided to drop in and make pizza for the Obama crowd.

The Obama's were surprised by this and so appreciative, since they hadn't yet planned lunch. They were thinking grilled cheese and tomato soup. Or a round of PP&J sicne things are so tight and the Obama's carefully spend taxpayer money with no frills for anyone

Kathianne
04-12-2009, 02:36 PM
Despite repeatedly claiming its coverage is "fair and balanced," despite its attacks on anyone who dares claim or imply the cable outlet tilts to the right, despite encouraging viewers to "say 'no' to biased media," Fox News has frequently aired segments imploring its audience to get involved with tea-party protests across the country -- protests the "news" network has described as mainly a response to President Obama's economic policies.

Link.

Kathianne
04-12-2009, 02:37 PM

Can you prove your statement or are you just blustering and attempting to bully as usual?

red states rule
04-12-2009, 02:39 PM
Can you prove your statement or are you just blustering and attempting to bully as usual?

Kat, you asked and answered your question at the same time

Joe Steel
04-12-2009, 04:44 PM
I had Chicago-style pizza once. It was terrible, just a big tub of goo. If I were President of the United States, I'd fly-in some decent pizza.

red states rule
04-12-2009, 04:47 PM
I hope this sale does not put MrSommers and his business over the $250,000 mark or he is screwed

glockmail
04-12-2009, 07:17 PM
Despite repeatedly claiming its coverage is "fair and balanced," despite its attacks on anyone who dares claim or imply the cable outlet tilts to the right, despite encouraging viewers to "say 'no' to biased media," Fox News has frequently aired segments imploring its audience to get involved with tea-party protests across the country -- protests the "news" network has described as mainly a response to President Obama's economic policies.
You are of course confusing News on FNC with opinion on FNC. The news is fair and balanced but the opinion doesn't attempt to be- why should it?

actsnoblemartin
04-12-2009, 07:23 PM

hahahahaha

Mr. P
04-12-2009, 07:58 PM
I had Chicago-style pizza once. It was terrible, just a big tub of goo. If I were President of the United States, I'd fly-in some decent pizza.

They screw up hot dogs as well.

Kathianne
04-12-2009, 08:26 PM

Bah, says those that think grits is a food group. :laugh2:

moderate democrat
04-12-2009, 08:29 PM

I saw the guy on CNN saying that he was doing it at his own expense...here is a link that confirms it:

http://www.azcentral.com/news/articles/2009/04/11/20090411obama-pizza0410.html

"Sommers offered to deliver a few frozen pies to the president after the election, People reports, but he was told he couldn't send food to the White House because of security concerns. So, Love arranged to have Sommers and his business partner bring suitcases full of pizza pans, cheese, 20 pounds of dough and 3 gallons of sauce, at the chef's own expense, to the White House kitchen."

now please.... stfu. thank you.

Kathianne
04-12-2009, 08:42 PM
I saw the guy on CNN saying that he was doing it at his own expense...here is a link that confirms it:

http://www.azcentral.com/news/articles/2009/04/11/20090411obama-pizza0410.html

"Sommers offered to deliver a few frozen pies to the president after the election, People reports, but he was told he couldn't send food to the White House because of security concerns. So, Love arranged to have Sommers and his business partner bring suitcases full of pizza pans, cheese, 20 pounds of dough and 3 gallons of sauce, at the chef's own expense, to the White House kitchen."

now please.... stfu. thank you.
There was nothing in this article referring to CNN, you cannot prove indeed that CNN said anything of the sort.

STFU yourself! (this was a mirror to the MD fukg way to post).

What I was going to say, before reading your nasty ending, was AZ's relationship with Politico was a good enough source for me. Seems you were correct.

Mr. P
04-12-2009, 08:46 PM
Bah, says those that think grits is a food group. :laugh2:

Now, lets not bring a religion into a food fight, okay? :)

Kathianne
04-12-2009, 08:47 PM
Now, lets not bring a religion into a food fight, okay? :)

:beer:

moderate democrat
04-12-2009, 08:51 PM
There was nothing in this article referring to CNN, you cannot prove indeed that CNN said anything of the sort.

STFU yourself! (this was a mirror to the MD fukg way to post).

What I was going to say, before reading your nasty ending, was AZ's relationship with Politico was a good enough source for me. Seems you were correct.

I never claimed that the article mentioned the CNN interview. I SAW the interview and this article supports the main point that I brought from the interview to the thread. Obama did not pay for this...the guy did it to boost his business and, by all accounts, it was a successful venture.... his restaurant is crammed with people who want to try his pizza.... clearly worth a few plane tickets to DC. This was NOT on the taxpayer's nickel... so the faux outrage from you sorry-ass republicans is really ridiculous. Can't you find anything of substance to bitch about?:lol:

Kathianne
04-12-2009, 08:56 PM
I never claimed that the article mentioned the CNN interview. I SAW the interview and this article supports the main point that I brought from the interview to the thread. Obama did not pay for this...the guy did it to boost his business and, by all accounts, it was a successful venture.... his restaurant is crammed with people who want to try his pizza.... clearly worth a few plane tickets to DC. This was NOT on the taxpayer's nickel... so the faux outrage from you sorry-ass republicans is really ridiculous. Can't you find anything of substance to bitch about?:lol:

You are the most officious people I've ever encountered and your undeserved hyperinflated ego is sometimes amusing, mostly annoying. You missed the real post, you dumb f. Not too mention all the posts before this.

...What I was going to say, before reading your nasty ending, was AZ's relationship with Politico was a good enough source for me. Seems you were correct.

moderate democrat
04-12-2009, 09:00 PM
You are the most officious people I've ever encountered and your undeserved hyperinflated ego is sometimes amusing, mostly annoying. You missed the real post, you dumb f. Not too mention all the posts before this.

ego? my ego is not involved in the least. this thread is ridiculous because RSR started it because he believed that the taxpayer had paid to have the chef flown out to serve pizza to the president...that was not the case... and he - and the rest of his loyal sycophants (like you) - have been tap dancing ever since.

Kathianne
04-12-2009, 09:03 PM
ego? my ego is not involved in the least. this thread is ridiculous because RSR started it because he believed that the taxpayer had paid to have the chef flown out to serve pizza to the president...that was not the case... and he - and the rest of his loyal sycophants (like you) - have been tap dancing ever since.

Bullcrap, you only use RSR as an excuse for your hatefilled, useless posts. You come and pick on what you consider the weakest link to make yourself feel like a real man. Take a little blue pill and get off the computer.

You haven't read my posts, Mr. P's, and several others that actually agreed with you. Such a tool.

emmett
04-12-2009, 09:53 PM

:link:

red states rule
04-13-2009, 05:41 AM
[QUOTE=emmett;362477]:link:[/QUOTE

The link is, MD the Obama lover and apologist, said so

red states rule
04-13-2009, 05:42 AM

So if you believe the Obama lovers here, this is the "real" story

This guy just shows up, rings the doorbell, with pizza makings for 140. He keeps such a supply with him at all times naturally, and while in the area anyway, decided to drop in and make pizza for the Obama crowd.

The Obama's were surprised by this and so appreciative, since they hadn't yet planned lunch. They were thinking grilled cheese and tomato soup. Or a round of PP&J sicne things are so tight and the Obama's carefully spend taxpayer money with no frills for anyone

Sitarro
04-13-2009, 06:05 AM

I have something, that dick head took 500 staff members and 200 secret service members on his "Apologize for America Tour" on our tax dollars. He brought his chefs, Michelle's make up people, his make up people, food, drink(Cristal champagne, I'm sure), 12 teleprompters, limos, 3 Marine One helicopters....... enough Air Force transports were used that our military had a shortage which forced our military to lease Russian Antonoffs to carry supplies to Afghanistan. All of this bullshit, all of the expense, for what? What did he actually accomplish besides burning at least a 100 thousand gallons of jet fuel?

red states rule
04-13-2009, 06:07 AM
I have something, that dick head took 500 staff members and 200 secret service members on his "Apologize for America Tour" on our tax dollars. He brought his chefs, Michelle's make up people, his make up people, food, drink(Cristal champagne, I'm sure), 12 teleprompters, limos, 3 Marine One helicopters....... enough Air Force transports were used that our military had a shortage which forced our military to lease Russian Antonoffs to carry supplies to Afghanistan. All of this bullshit, all of the expense, for what? What did he actually accomplish besides burning at least a 100 thousand gallons of jet fuel?

Obama lacks the moral, fiscal, and leadership experience to run a nation. Everything to Obama is a little joke or a moment in the spotlight.

Obama, like most liberals, do not give a rats ass about the poor, and the homeless, other than getting them registered to vote.

moderate democrat
04-13-2009, 06:33 AM

http://www.azcentral.com/arizonarepublic/news/articles/2009/04/11/20090411obama-pizza0410.html

Sommers offered to deliver a few frozen pies to the president after the election, People reports, but he was told he couldn't send food to the White House because of security concerns. So, Love arranged to have Sommers and his business partner bring suitcases full of pizza pans, cheese, 20 pounds of dough and 3 gallons of sauce, at the chef's own expense, to the White House kitchen.

"It's surreal," Sommers, 33, told People. "It's a huge honor."

PostmodernProphet
04-13-2009, 06:41 AM
http://www.azcentral.com/arizonarepublic/news/articles/2009/04/11/20090411obama-pizza0410.html

Sommers offered to deliver a few frozen pies to the president after the election, People reports, but he was told he couldn't send food to the White House because of security concerns. So, Love arranged to have Sommers and his business partner bring suitcases full of pizza pans, cheese, 20 pounds of dough and 3 gallons of sauce, at the chef's own expense, to the White House kitchen.

"It's surreal," Sommers, 33, told People. "It's a huge honor."

apparently your link isn't 100% sure....since the subtitle of his post is "St. Louis chef flown in to cook 20 pies"......being "flown in" isn't the same as "at his own expense".....

red states rule
04-13-2009, 06:42 AM
Which is worse?

Gov Palin's wardrobe, or Obama's pizza party?

Seems libs went nuts over Gov Plain's clothes that were donated to chaity after the election - but they have no issue with the endless parties Obama is throwing for himself

moderate democrat
04-13-2009, 07:15 AM
apparently your link isn't 100% sure....since the subtitle of his post is "St. Louis chef flown in to cook 20 pies"......being "flown in" isn't the same as "at his own expense".....:lame2:

"at the chef's own expense" is pretty self explanatory.

Kathianne
04-13-2009, 07:16 AM

He did, at least to my satisfaction: #59.

It was his being a jerk that ticked me off. The oaf can't read. :laugh2: He went to that 'bad language' to be a mean SOB, without recognizing that I'd agreed with him, not just following that, but pretty much throughout the thread. As I said, Mr. P too, regarding the importance of the topic.

He's like the tattle tale/bully in school. Others react to him negatively, he runs and tells. Of course the teacher/owner find him hard to deal with, tell the others to 'knock it off.' He knows he's disliked, makes him angry, so he baits for reactions, when he gets them, he tattles again, sometimes showing the bruises. Then the escalating cycle starts all over again.

To him, 'everyone' is out to get him, though it's brought on by himself. Real problems come though, when he fails to recognize that while he is thoroughly disliked, not everyone is always in disagreement with him. He fails to recognize that much nicer people are often disagreed with, sometimes even reprimanded for their own behavior. I bet he missed how many other posts were deleted, moved, and suggestions made?

Oh well, enough OT or I'll be deleting my own. Would be surprised to have to split this down the road. :beer:

red states rule
04-13-2009, 07:17 AM
:lame2:

While the rest of the country is worried about feeding their families, (according to Dem talking points) Obama is flying a personal pizza chef 850 miles to cater his pizza party.

What an embarassment he is. Do the WH chefs not do pizza? If not, have a local pizza Hut manager drop by and teach them

red states rule
04-13-2009, 07:20 AM
He did, at least to my satisfaction: #59.

It was his being a jerk that ticked me off. The oaf can't read. :laugh2: He went to that 'bad language' to be a mean SOB, without recognizing that I'd agreed with him, not just following that, but pretty much throughout the thread. As I said, Mr. P too, regarding the importance of the topic.

He's like the tattle tale/bully in school. Others react to him negatively, he runs and tells. Of course the teacher/owner find him hard to deal with, tell the others to 'knock it off.' He knows he's disliked, makes him angry, so he baits for reactions, when he gets them, he tattles again, sometimes showing the bruises. Then the escalating cycle starts all over again.

To him, 'everyone' is out to get him, though it's brought on by himself. Real problems come though, when he fails to recognize that while he is thoroughly disliked, not everyone is always in disagreement with him. He fails to recognize that much nicer people are often disagreed with, sometimes even reprimanded for their own behavior. I bet he missed how many other posts were deleted, moved, and suggestions made?

Oh well, enough OT or I'll be deleting my own. Would be surprised to have to split this down the road. :beer:

It is part of being a liberal Kat. MD follows the liberal debate rules perfectly

http://www.mysaline.com/profiles/blogs/liberal-debate-tactics

Kathianne
04-13-2009, 07:23 AM
While the rest of the country is worried about feeding their families, (according to Dem talking points) Obama is flying a personal pizza chef 850 miles to cater his pizza party.

What an embarassment he is. Do the WH chefs not do pizza? If not, have a local pizza Hut manager drop by and teach them

RSR, let's let the point about the pizza go for now, unless someone finds a link that discredits MD's, please. It seems obvious thus far, that the owner did bring the pizza makings there, for publicity. The only 'fact' that seems disingenuous would be when MD said Sommers said to the effect that it was an 'honor' to do so, when in fact it was his idea and was for publicity. Nothing wrong with that, but wasn't because Obama asked him or that he was so 'honored.' Sommers would have been happy sending frozen pizzas, but the WH couldn't accept that for I'm assuming security reasons.

red states rule
04-13-2009, 07:25 AM
RSR, let's let the point about the pizza go for now, unless someone finds a link that discredits MD's, please. It seems obvious thus far, that the owner did bring the pizza makings there, for publicity. The only 'fact' that seems disingenuous would be when MD said Sommers said to the effect that it was an 'honor' to do so, when in fact it was his idea and was for publicity. Nothing wrong with that, but wasn't because Obama asked him or that he was so 'honored.' Sommers would have been happy sending frozen pizzas, but the WH couldn't accept that for I'm assuming security reasons.

Fair enough Kat. But I am thinking this story is a mistake

I mean, we all know how sensitive President Obama is towards the poor of the world. Why would Obama do anything to reinforce the image of the United States as glutton?

That's the kind of thing that earns us the contempt and disrespect of the world community. Surely, this must be a mistake. :rolleyes:

PostmodernProphet
04-13-2009, 09:01 AM
:lame2:

so is "So, Love arranged to have Sommers and his business partner bring...."

I consider the two contradictory and have seen nothing to support your claim or this arizona blogger's statements......

personally, I don't buy the claim that some pizza maker is going to foot the bill for this trip......

PostmodernProphet
04-13-2009, 09:04 AM
It seems obvious thus far, that the owner did bring the pizza makings there, for publicity.

I don't consider that obvious at all.....

Kathianne
04-13-2009, 09:07 AM
I don't consider that obvious at all.....

Did you read the link that says so? Did you find something that refutes it?

red states rule
04-13-2009, 09:09 AM

I hope taxpayer dollars did not pay for this little pizza party.

I'm paying enough to bail out the banks, the auto industry, and the stimulus dollars that are going to create jobs in cities and towns across this nation - many jobs that will be filled by illegals.

glockmail
04-13-2009, 09:10 AM
So much for buying local.

red states rule
04-13-2009, 09:13 AM
So much for buying local.

Everything George Bush did in eight years was twisted and subverted by the media to make it look as if he was a buffon, illiterate or worse.

Why should O bama be held to different standards? Just because he's now the
president doesn't mean he shouldn't be criticized, fairly or unfairly.

He'd better get used to it. He wanted to be President. If he can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen. Or hire someone to stand in the kitchen for him

PostmodernProphet
04-13-2009, 09:17 AM

??....if you have read my last three posts you would know the answer to that question already.....

Kathianne
04-13-2009, 09:22 AM
I hope taxpayer dollars did not pay for this little pizza party.

I'm paying enough to bail out the banks, the auto industry, and the stimulus dollars that are going to create jobs in cities and towns across this nation - many jobs that will be filled by illegals.

Seriously, if you find something, anything that says different than the link provided, I'd agree. However, that hasn't been done. Glock's idea of 'buy local' is better, an decent argument can be made that Obama's pizza parties would be served by finding a 'local', more 'needy' joint and pay the $$ to have it delivered.

As for giving what was given in the past 8 years, I think those posters were tools, I don't like being a tool. It was divisive and counterproductive. I care way more for the success of our country, than I do for the idiots with a (D) or (R) following their names.

From everything I knew about Obama over the past 10 years or so, coupled with his campaign and last 3 months in office, I believe he is dangerous to our country. When something happens where his actions, such as the serial apologies on his 'grand tour' occur, I'll be on board. However, the 'puppy stories' and this 'pizza broohaha' don't cut if for me. If they are going to be discussed, silly IMO, then I wish people would at least bring more than snide remarks.

glockmail
04-13-2009, 09:39 AM

As for giving what was given in the past 8 years, I think those posters were tools, I don't like being a tool. It was divisive and counterproductive. I care way more for the success of our country, than I do for the idiots with a (D) or (R) following their names. .... Welcome to politics Kate. This whole thing started because the press hated Nixon with a passion, and found a way to take him down. Then they ridiculed Ford, arguably on of our most competent and non-controversial presidents, but gave the fool Carter a free ride. Of course they hated Reagan and Bush 41. Clinton was a child of the Nixon-era press tactics and along with Hillary personally attacked anyone who got in their way. Bush 43 honestly tried to set a new tone but the die has been set and the Liberals would have none of it. Now its simply pay back time and the fact that Obama's the Affirmative Action president, corrupt as hell and therefore out of his league makes the attacks on him just so much easier.

red states rule
04-13-2009, 09:40 AM
Welcome to politics Kate. This whole thing started because the press hated Nixon with a passion, and found a way to take him down. Then they ridiculed Ford, arguably on of our most competent and non-controversial presidents, but gave the fool Carter a free ride. Of course they hated Reagan and Bush 41. Clinton was a child of the Nixon-era press tactics and along with Hillary personally attacked anyone who got in their way. Bush 43 honestly tried to set a new tone but the die has been set and the Liberals would have none of it. Now its simply pay back time and the fact that Obama's the Affirmative Action president, corrupt as hell and therefore out of his league makes the attacks on him just so much easier.

The mere act of having a man fly to make you pizza in an economic 'catastrophe' (Obama's words) is so liberal of Obama to do so

glockmail
04-13-2009, 09:45 AM
The mere act of having a man fly to make you pizza in an economic 'catastrophe' (Obama's words) is so liberal of Obama to do so
It goes right along with trying to spend your way out of a depression.

red states rule
04-13-2009, 09:45 AM
It goes right along with trying to spend your way out of a depression.

Obama, and his supporters will learn shortly that socialism is great until you run out of other peoples money to spend

Kathianne
04-13-2009, 09:48 AM
Welcome to politics Kate. This whole thing started because the press hated Nixon with a passion, and found a way to take him down. Then they ridiculed Ford, arguably on of our most competent and non-controversial presidents, but gave the fool Carter a free ride. Of course they hated Reagan and Bush 41. Clinton was a child of the Nixon-era press tactics and along with Hillary personally attacked anyone who got in their way. Bush 43 honestly tried to set a new tone but the die has been set and the Liberals would have none of it. Now its simply pay back time and the fact that Obama's the Affirmative Action president, corrupt as hell and therefore out of his league makes the attacks on him just so much easier.

I hear what you say and I remember the times too. However I still stand by the principles of the country, regardless of the tools on all sides. The majority of people, whether 'progressive' or 'conservative' are not like 'MD liberals' or what many 'MD-like conservatives' would like us to be. We are not for the main a people of hate, which is what each side wants their side to feel or believe about the other.

I understand the desire to win during elections, even the pigeon holing that goes with that. I guess the reason I'm more in favor of tea parties or writing my representatives over taxes or illegal immigrants comes from a desire to participate and try to effect change. That there are many who disagree with my stand or beliefs would be a given. In reverse also. Name calling and painting with a broad brush isn't conducive to change, rather things staying static. It's the reason I'll listen and debate BP with respect, while not so MD. Those who throw all 'liberals' in one boat and all 'conservatives' in another are missing the boat altogether.

red states rule
04-13-2009, 09:50 AM
Perhaps if a real reporter dug down into the financials of this, they might find ACORN (with laundered government money) or some sort of George Soros money funding this little pizza delivery.

Who knows what kind of slush funds this administration has. But the liberal media will be silent on this scandal and will protect their guy Obama no matter what

Kathianne
04-13-2009, 09:55 AM
Perhaps if a real reporter dug down into the financials of this, they might find ACORN (with laundered government money) or some sort of George Soros money funding this little pizza delivery.

Who knows what kind of slush funds this administration has. But the liberal media will be silent on this scandal and will protect their guy Obama no matter what

Let's hypothesize that Obama called St. Louis, threw the guy and pizza makings on Air Force One. What law would he have broken? How would it be a crisis?

Of course, this hypothesis is a joke, since all indications are that none of it happened and instead we saw a guy with a good product play to advertise.

So what about the budget of the US, you know the country we're all living in at the present time?

Jeff
04-13-2009, 09:56 AM

LOL, I was thinking the same thing MR. P , if anyone is going to fly anywhere to get decent pizza Chicago wouldn't be my first choice.

Has everyone forgotten Clinton's haircut when he first came into office?? Seems some presidents think they know own the country.

AS for this guy doing it on his own dime , be real, you don't think even if he did he wasn't compensated for it?

red states rule
04-13-2009, 09:56 AM
Let's hypothesize that Obama called St. Louis, threw the guy and pizza makings on Air Force One. What law would he have broken? How would it be a crisis?

Of course, this hypothesis is a joke, since all indications are that none of it happened and instead we saw a guy with a good product play to advertise.

So what about the budget of the US, you know the country we're all living in at the present time?

Never said he broke any law. He just displayed his arrogrance and his sense of entitlement to whatever he wants whenever he wants

The budget is growing under Obama Kat - perhaps faster then Obama's ego

glockmail
04-13-2009, 09:59 AM
I hear what you say and I remember the times too. However I still stand by the principles of the country, regardless of the tools on all sides. The majority of people, whether 'progressive' or 'conservative' are not like 'MD liberals' or what many 'MD-like conservatives' would like us to be. We are not for the main a people of hate, which is what each side wants their side to feel or believe about the other.

I understand the desire to win during elections, even the pigeon holing that goes with that. I guess the reason I'm more in favor of tea parties or writing my representatives over taxes or illegal immigrants comes from a desire to participate and try to effect change. That there are many who disagree with my stand or beliefs would be a given. In reverse also. Name calling and painting with a broad brush isn't conducive to change, rather things staying static. It's the reason I'll listen and debate BP with respect, while not so MD. Those who throw all 'liberals' in one boat and all 'conservatives' in another are missing the boat altogether.

Tea Parties and writing your reps isn't going to do squat. The GOP had all three branches of government sewed up- not for a long time- but nevertheless locked up. They had the opportunity to roll back the power of government, roll back spending and they failed to do so. The lost their conservative base resulting in a worse than 180 degree turn-around and not just Democrats but radical Liberal Democrats have the Presidency and Congress, and THEY are taking their agenda as hard and fast as they can, turning this country into a socialist state. At least they are doing what their liberal base wants.

In fact they are doing what I want, because in my mind the only way to get this country back to its Constitutional, capitalists roots is for a revolution to occur. And for that to occur people need to get really pissed off. So I'm going to do what I can do to stir the pot.

Kathianne
04-13-2009, 10:01 AM
LOL, I was thinking the same thing MR. P , if anyone is going to fly anywhere to get decent pizza Chicago wouldn't be my first choice.

Has everyone forgotten Clinton's haircut when he first came into office?? Seems some presidents think they know own the country.

AS for this guy doing it on his own dime , be real, you don't think even if he did he wasn't compensated for it?

From another of the grits as food group junkies. ;)

Jeff, I think Mr. P like me, sees this as a non-story. On the other hand, his compensation would be on the line of advertising, believe it or not I bet lots of Obamabots will order the pizza frozen and sent. Anyone passing through St. Louis will be stopping in. Probably will get a mention of Food Channel.

Jeff
04-13-2009, 10:06 AM
Lets not forget that during the Ice storm that killed people in the south Obama was dinning on steak( 100 bucks a steak if I remember right)

Now we have tornado's in the south killing people and he is having a pizza party,Am I the only one that see's the pattern here?? Y'all didn't vote for me so the hell with y'all. When New Orleans had there flood the Dems went crazy cause GW was in charge , I wonder where they are now?

Jeff
04-13-2009, 10:08 AM
From another of the grits as food group junkies. ;)

Jeff, I think Mr. P like me, sees this as a non-story. On the other hand, his compensation would be on the line of advertising, believe it or not I bet lots of Obamabots will order the pizza frozen and sent. Anyone passing through St. Louis will be stopping in. Probably will get a mention of Food Channel.

LOL, I am sure you are right, but damn all this talk of pizza makes me want a NJ pizza, lol

Kathianne
04-13-2009, 10:11 AM
Lets not forget that during the Ice storm that killed people in the south Obama was dinning on steak( 100 bucks a steak if I remember right)

Now we have tornado's in the south killing people and he is having a pizza party,Am I the only one that see's the pattern here?? Y'all didn't vote for me so the hell with y'all. When New Orleans had there flood the Dems went crazy cause GW was in charge , I wonder where they are now?

Well it's different, they 'won.' GW wasn't given a break. Now even if he was, there were plenty of mistakes made, right up to the last big decision to get the rest of the TARP money and give it to Obama. Seems to me more effective to hit where it's deserved-spending and present alternatives. When the GOP or 3rd party get that out, the numbers will turn. The liberals know it, which is why the tea parties are freaking them out, as it's not 'Republicans,' not by a long shot that have organized and attended. It's Fiscal Conservatives-from the right and left and the DNC knows it.

Jeff
04-13-2009, 10:14 AM
Well it's different, they 'won.' GW wasn't given a break. Now even if he was, there were plenty of mistakes made, right up to the last big decision to get the rest of the TARP money and give it to Obama. Seems to me more effective to hit where it's deserved-spending and present alternatives. When the GOP or 3rd party get that out, the numbers will turn. The liberals know it, which is why the tea parties are freaking them out, as it's not 'Republicans,' not by a long shot that have organized and attended. It's Fiscal Conservatives-from the right and left and the DNC knows it.

Very well said Kathianne :clap::clap:

I just wonder where all these Dems that screamed so loud when GW was in where are they now?? Seems they have gotten quiet.

moderate democrat
04-13-2009, 10:23 AM

"at the chef's own expense"

and you would deny this businessman an opportunity to market his business and gain valuable publicity?

You like capitalism, except when you need to denigrate it in order to attack the president. party over country for you all the time.

Kathianne
04-13-2009, 10:24 AM
Very well said Kathianne :clap::clap:

I just wonder where all these Dems that screamed so loud when GW was in where are they now?? Seems they have gotten quiet.

Quiet? I don't see that. If Obama sneezes they are praising the classy way he did so, very European, you know. They are trying the inverse of what they did with GW, I think it will wear thin, very quickly with both conservatives and the vast majority of liberals that aren't bots for the DNC. Lest we forget the independents-those that threw their vote to Obama, many of whom thought him more fiscally responsible than McCain.

moderate democrat
04-13-2009, 10:25 AM

it will quickly pay for itself in the increased business pi pizza will attract because of this... PLUS he gets to write off the whole trip as a business expense. a no brainer.

crin63
04-13-2009, 10:28 AM
Well at least Lord Obama's food taster eats good.

Jeff
04-13-2009, 11:02 AM

it will quickly pay for itself in the increased business pi pizza will attract because of this... PLUS he gets to write off the whole trip as a business expense. a no brainer.

You have to have no brain to believe this man did this all for free, I agree with you it is great advertisement for him, but be serious, first off to make real pizza's ya need special equipment special ingredients, do you want me to believe he got on a commercial air line and just brought all this with him, wow hell of a carry on isn't??

OOO and by the way Moron brainer is spelled brainier

Jeff
04-13-2009, 11:05 AM
Quiet? I don't see that. If Obama sneezes they are praising the classy way he did so, very European, you know. They are trying the inverse of what they did with GW, I think it will wear thin, very quickly with both conservatives and the vast majority of liberals that aren't bots for the DNC. Lest we forget the independents-those that threw their vote to Obama, many of whom thought him more fiscally responsible than McCain.

LOL, you got me there, but I meant why aren't they screaming foul now???,LOL, but once again I see you have a firm grasp on it, LOL

Kathianne
04-13-2009, 11:13 AM
LOL, you got me there, but I meant why aren't they screaming foul now???,LOL, but once again I see you have a firm grasp on it, LOL

Gotta remember Jeff, these are the folks that would defend him under any circumstances, any. That's why I don't put BP in the group, he'll slam Obama as much as we did Bush. Don't like to see your 'choice' do wrong, but when they do, normal people say so. Bots make excuses and say, "What about when...."

While i'd love to see the GOP live up to it's purported platform, it's been years. Too many are still at the trough of earmarks and making concessions on wrong policies. Only excuse to vote R right now, is that the D's are worse.

moderate democrat
04-13-2009, 11:14 AM
You have to have no brain to believe this man did this all for free, I agree with you it is great advertisement for him, but be serious, first off to make real pizza's ya need special equipment special ingredients, do you want me to believe he got on a commercial air line and just brought all this with him, wow hell of a carry on isn't??

OOO and by the way Moron brainer is spelled brainier

I fully believe that he brought his ingredients with him and used the White House kitchen facilities to prepare them. that is what the articles all say. And I fully believe he did is as a marketing ploy on his own nickel and will quickly make up the cost of the trip - which he can write off anyway - in increased business from the publicity he receives.

and the term NO-BRAINER is spelled correctly. If I had wanted to use the comparative form of brainy, I would have typed "brainier"... but I didn't.

Why don't you just step outside and have a quick smoke and regather your thoughts?

Mr. P
04-13-2009, 11:35 AM

You don't know much about tax law or the end result of business write offs, do ya?

Jeff
04-13-2009, 11:40 AM
Gotta remember Jeff, these are the folks that would defend him under any circumstances, any. That's why I don't put BP in the group, he'll slam Obama as much as we did Bush. Don't like to see your 'choice' do wrong, but when they do, normal people say so. Bots make excuses and say, "What about when...."

While i'd love to see the GOP live up to it's purported platform, it's been years. Too many are still at the trough of earmarks and making concessions on wrong policies. Only excuse to vote R right now, is that the D's are worse.

How true, it is a cycle , but I am at least smart enough to admit when GW ( my man) made a mistake , we are all human so therefore will all make mistakes, you read these pages and the same idiots that rode GW so hard do exactly what ya say , PRAISE Obama's every move.

Kathianne
04-13-2009, 11:46 AM
How true, it is a cycle , but I am at least smart enough to admit when GW ( my man) made a mistake , we are all human so therefore will all make mistakes, you read these pages and the same idiots that rode GW so hard do exactly what ya say , PRAISE Obama's every move.

Indeed and refuse to lay blame where blame lies regarding him or their party. Like I said, they've done enough real wrongs, I can't see going after things like puppies or even pizza delivered by the space shuttle. They are spending real money-from us and doing real wrongs regarding our safety and sovereignty.

Jeff
04-13-2009, 11:55 AM
Indeed and refuse to lay blame where blame lies regarding him or their party. Like I said, they've done enough real wrongs, I can't see going after things like puppies or even pizza delivered by the space shuttle. They are spending real money-from us and doing real wrongs regarding our safety and sovereignty.

It is a very scary time, you have got to wonder how low we are going to sink, you are correct it isn't about pizza parties , hair cuts ...ect.

But it is our turn to point out the wrongs so ya got to do a bit of it just to keep the other side honest.

moderate democrat
04-13-2009, 12:08 PM
You don't know much about tax law or the end result of business write offs, do ya?

actually. I do. The expense of the trip to DC can all be charged to marketing expenses. and the end result is already seen in an increase in pi pizza's business as a result of this journey. It was a very smart business move. A couple of plane tickets, a hotel room for a few nights, the fixin's for some pizza, and he gains national prominence and a big edge over his St. Louis competition.

Kathianne
04-13-2009, 12:09 PM
It is a very scary time, you have got to wonder how low we are going to sink, you are correct it isn't about pizza parties , hair cuts ...ect.

But it is our turn to point out the wrongs so ya got to do a bit of it just to keep the other side honest.

I'm all for pointing out every significant error or wrong, imo, policy. What doesn't help is to leave open the charge of nitpicking and going for the cheap shot. Many found the nastiness of the left wrong, I really think it contributed to Bush getting that second term.

Mr. P
04-13-2009, 12:15 PM
actually. I do. The expense of the trip to DC can all be charged to marketing expenses. and the end result is already seen in an increase in pi pizza's business as a result of this journey. It was a very smart business move. A couple of plane tickets, a hotel room for a few nights, the fixin's for some pizza, and he gains national prominence and a big edge over his St. Louis competition.

Depends on the Corp structure..what type corp is he?

emmett
04-13-2009, 12:30 PM
There once was a left handed pizza maker from St. Louie
Whose politics, much like his pizza, was all gooey....
After secretly being given a white house retainer
And stimulating chat being deemed as a "no brainer"
He got to DC, and realized it was all a bunch of fooey!

Kathianne
04-13-2009, 12:31 PM
There once was a left handed pizza maker from St. Louie
Whose politics, much like his pizza, was all gooey....
After secretly being given a white house retainer
And stimulating chat being deemed as a "no brainer"
He got to DC, and realized it was all a bunch of fooey!

Made me laugh. This is not a serious topic in the main. Funny how it brought a lot of truth to light though. ;)

Mr. P
04-13-2009, 03:33 PM
Made me laugh. This is not a serious topic in the main. Funny how it brought a lot of truth to light though. ;)

Yup, I can just hear the Mr. Pi pizza guys, The CPA and the IRS folks laughing their ass off when they see , say $10,000, written off as a "marketing" expense in D.C. (where the guy doesn't even do business) to the POTUS. Yeah, that's gonna work well.

Audit time Mr. Pi! :laugh2:

Kathianne
04-13-2009, 04:21 PM
Yup, I can just hear the Mr. Pi pizza guys, The CPA and the IRS folks laughing their ass off when they see , say $10,000, written off as a "marketing" expense in D.C. (where the guy doesn't even do business) to the POTUS. Yeah, that's gonna work well.

My guess he won't be audited, unlike Limbaugh. LOL! What I meant is MD's inability to read what was posted, you and I agreeing with his major points for instance. Then there were those that want to say pizza, pirates, budget, stimulus all the same, bash away.

Mr. P
04-13-2009, 04:33 PM
My guess he won't be audited, unlike Limbaugh. LOL! What I meant is MD's inability to read what was posted, you and I agreeing with his major points for instance. Then there were those that want to say pizza, pirates, budget, stimulus all the same, bash away.

I know...just pointing out ole Virg doesn't know tax like he says he does..shoulda quoted him..sorry bout that.

emmett
04-13-2009, 05:29 PM
Price to rent an oven capable of baking 20 chef level pizzas at the White House: 650.00

The ingrediants to bake the pizzas at the White House: Several Hundred dollars

The security for the chef who will bake the pizzas at the White House: Hundreds? Thousands more.

The fact that a pizza party at the White House would draw more debate (123 posts and counting) than ANY other subject this week on DP: PRICELESS!

Kathianne
04-13-2009, 05:33 PM
Price to rent an oven capable of baking 20 chef level pizzas at the White House: 650.00

The ingrediants to bake the pizzas at the White House: Several Hundred dollars

The security for the chef who will bake the pizzas at the White House: Hundreds? Thousands more.

The fact that a pizza party at the White House would draw more debate (123 posts and counting) than ANY other subject this week on DP: PRICELESS!

and pointless. ;)

Abbey Marie
04-13-2009, 09:42 PM

Yes, if I were a carbon-fearing environmentalist Dem lib, I would.

moderate democrat
04-13-2009, 09:42 PM

10 G's for a suitcase full of pizza dough??? :lol: Clearly, YOU'VE never run a restaurant!!!

As I said, the internet is already buzzing with stories about the increase in business at pi pizza in STL... it was a VERY wise business move. He put his restaurant on the MAP and made it THE IN PLACE for all Obama supporters in the greatere STL area.

Mr. P
04-13-2009, 10:01 PM
10 G's for a suitcase full of pizza dough??? :lol: Clearly, YOU'VE never run a restaurant!!!

As I said, the internet is already buzzing with stories about the increase in business at pi pizza in STL... it was a VERY wise business move. He put his restaurant on the MAP and made it THE IN PLACE for all Obama supporters in the greatere STL area.

But I've worked in many and know how they are run, clearly you have not, nor do you have any business sense. He's a "flash" in the pan at best.

moderate democrat
04-13-2009, 11:16 PM
But I've worked in many and know how they are run, clearly you have not, nor do you have any business sense. He's a "flash" in the pan at best.

if you think that the fixin's for 20 pizzas and two plane tickets to DC cost 10G, it is no wonder that you no longer work in the business. I'd stick to flying airplanes, if I were you....but please let me know what airline you work for so that I can always opt for the local rail option if I am ever tempted to fly with you behind the controls.

Mr. P
04-13-2009, 11:18 PM
if you think that the fixin's for 20 pizzas and two plane tickets to DC cost 10G, it is no wonder that you no longer work in the business. I'd stick to flying airplanes, if I were you....but please let me know what airline you work for so that I can always opt for the local rail option if I am ever tempted to fly with you behind the controls.

Stick that pizza up yer ass VIRGIL. :laugh2:

moderate democrat
04-14-2009, 05:58 AM
Stick that pizza up yer ass VIRGIL. :laugh2:

the name is not virgil, Mister Pee. just call me MD... and stay away from those commercial kitchens!

red states rule
04-14-2009, 05:58 AM

As long as the "increased" business does not push his income over $250,000/yr - if it does the Obama tax plan will screw him over

I thought you libs wanted all those tax loopholes closed so everyone paid their fair share?

Or does only apply to others since several Dems that work for Obama now did not pay their taxes in the first place

moderate democrat
04-14-2009, 06:01 AM
As long as the "increased" business does not push his income over $250,000/yr - if it does the Obama tax plan will screw him over

I thought you libs wanted all those tax loopholes closed so everyone paid their fair share?

Or does only apply to others since several Dems that work for Obama now did not pay their taxes in the first place

so...I guess you have abandoned the silly premise of this thread and now are just tap dancing? I am quite sure that Mr. Sommers will welcome the opportunity to make more than 250K... as any sane person would.

red states rule
04-14-2009, 06:03 AM
so...I guess you have abandoned the silly premise of this thread and now are just tap dancing? I am quite sure that Mr. Sommers will welcome the opportunity to make more than 250K... as any sane person would.

why when a major part will be taken by the government?

And if you live in a liberal meca like NY, once Obama raises taxes, with state and local taxes you will fork over nearly 60% of yuour income to the government

But if you do not work as hard, and stay under $250,000 you might just get by

Unless you smoke - Obama already screwed you over by taking more of your money regardless of how much you make

And Virgfil, I am stil calling your messiah on his arrogrance over sending out for pizza 800 miles away

moderate democrat
04-14-2009, 06:11 AM
why when a major part will be taken by the government?

And if you live in a liberal meca like NY, once Obama raises taxes, with state and local taxes you will fork over nearly 60% of yuour income to the government

But if you do not work as hard, and stay under $250,000 you might just get by

Unless you smoke - Obama already screwed you over by taking more of your money regardless of how much you make

And Virgfil, I am stil calling your messiah on his arrogrance over sending out for pizza 800 miles away

Are you honestly suggesting that people will try to make LESS than 250K?:lol:

regarding smoking. nobody needs to pay any cigarette taxes if they don't want to. All they need to do is qwuit the nasty practice that will invariably harm their health anyway.

And again... if the chef wants to fly out there on his nickel and serve Obama free pizza as part of a marketing initiative, why would YOU care?:lol:

red states rule
04-14-2009, 06:15 AM

regarding smoking. nobody needs to pay any cigarette taxes if they don't want to. All they need to do is qwuit the nasty practice that will invariably harm their health anyway.

And again... if the chef wants to fly out there on his nickel and serve Obama free pizza as part of a marketing initiative, why would YOU care?:lol:

Unless they are going to work for Obama, why would people work harder when the government will take a bigger slice of their income?

Of course that assumes people have jobs - so far under Obama the people with jobs are dropping

If people stop smoking, the government will raise other taxes. There is no way the government would go without the revenue.

With Obama, he is already nearly $2 trillion in the hole, and the year is not even half over

Jeff
04-14-2009, 06:19 AM

First off Virgil you are correct anyone can quit smoking if they want, but what happens when Obama wants to tax only people living in Maine , you can move so whats the big deal right???I know that is a very silly idea but to some the thought of taxing just smoker's is rather silly also.

OOO and by the way Virgil Quit is not spelled qwuit, just for future reference buddy!!

red states rule
04-14-2009, 06:22 AM
First off Virgil you are correct anyone can quit smoking if they want, but what happens when Obama wants to tax only people living in Maine , you can move so whats the big deal right???I know that is a very silly idea but to some the thought of taxing just smoker's is rather silly also.

OOO and by the way Virgil Quit is not spelled qwuit, just for future reference buddy!!

Bottom line is, this is only the first tax increase that will hit working class people

If Obama's pizza delivery boy does have an increase in business, and makes more then $250,000/yr - he will see how much his long distance delivery
REALLY did cost him

red states rule
04-14-2009, 06:29 AM
so... does that mean that you don't WANT to quit?

and anyone who would chose to live in Maine sitting there on the frigid atlantic deserves to be taxed. Give me the muddy mississippi any day.

and the name is not Virgil, Jeff. Just use MD...that would be fine.

Anyone can buy them without paying the taxes. There are many online tax free sites to buy them. I suspect their will be a BIG jump in their business, and the government will take in less revenue

Then Obama and the Dems will cry about it and raise other taxes to cover the loss

You see, libs like you really do not give a damn about people health - only how much money you can suck out of their pockets

and Obama's pizza guy will see that first hand if his business grows Virgil. It costs you money to be supporters of liberals

red states rule
04-14-2009, 06:37 AM
I think that you should be sure to share that online site information with Jeff.... clearly, he doesn't have the willpower to quit, so if you could help him save money as he ruins his health, that would be nice.

Again, if you work hard and listen to liberals - it will cost you much more money in the long run

moderate democrat
04-14-2009, 06:39 AM
Again, if you work hard and listen to liberals - it will cost you much more money in the long run

the country has had a progressive income tax structure since the very beginning of income taxes.... do you really think that the fact that making more money pushes people into higher and higher income tax brackets has EVER stopped people from wanting to make more money?:lol:

red states rule
04-14-2009, 06:41 AM
the country has had a progressive income tax structure since the very beginning of income taxes.... do you really think that the fact that making more money pushes people into higher and higher income tax brackets has EVER stopped people from wanting to make more money?:lol:

We are seeing how much better off the country is today under liberal tax and spend polices

Unemployment up

Spending WAY UP

Deficits SOARING

Taxes going up

Yep, I hope the Obamabots are enjoying the change Virgil

red states rule
04-14-2009, 06:42 AM
Virgil as you know if you truly did quit ( I mean everything you utter ya got to question) if a person isn't ready 100% ready to quit they wont, so to your question I would have to say no I am not ready to quit.

And Maine was just a example Virgil, as I said a silly one, hell make it easy for ya maybe Obama says just people who drive red cars will be taxed , again ya can have your car painted , buy a new one, what ever.

OOO and by the way your spell check really isn't working today Virgil Mississippi should be capitalized, damn for someone to show others faults so quick ya sure make enough of your own don't ya Virgil

Sorry Jeff:

You must spread the rep around before giving it to Jeff again

Kathianne
04-14-2009, 06:50 AM
Baiting by MD and flames returned have been deleted. Any further derailing will result in thread bans. C'mon guys, take it to the cage if you like. Otherwise at least respond to the topic when adding your personal attacks.

Jeff
04-14-2009, 06:54 AM
Baiting by MD and flames returned have been deleted. Any further derailing will result in thread bans. C'mon guys, take it to the cage if you like. Otherwise at least respond to the topic when adding your personal attacks.

Wow I thought I was, I was just trying to say if smoking can be taxed what is next???

OK your the boss , but I wasn't rude nor did I say or do anything that others haven't said to me

Kathianne
04-14-2009, 07:24 AM
Wow I thought I was, I was just trying to say if smoking can be taxed what is next???

OK your the boss , but I wasn't rude nor did I say or do anything that others haven't said to me

Not at all. You are right about the taxes on targeted groups, I think there is a thread on that. In this case, you and others were responding to a baited statement, near as I could make out, after the fact.

Boss? Nope, just trying to keep flames from spreading. There's been too much of it lately. You are not close to the worst offender. I wanted everyone, not just you, to recognize why things go down the way they do.

moderate democrat
04-14-2009, 07:29 AM
Not at all. You are right about the taxes on targeted groups, I think there is a thread on that. In this case, you and others were responding to a baited statement, near as I could make out, after the fact.

Boss? Nope, just trying to keep flames from spreading. There's been too much of it lately. You are not close to the worst offender. I wanted everyone, not just you, to recognize why things go down the way they do.

and I would suggest that when people erroneously refer to me as "Virgil", that that is baiting...

Jeff
04-14-2009, 07:34 AM

Kat I didn't mean Boss in a negative way, I have always respected you , so please don't think I am trying to disrespect you in anyway, OK Boss Lady, lol

glockmail
04-14-2009, 07:37 AM
and I would suggest that when people erroneously refer to me as "Virgil", that that is baiting... It would only be baiting if your real name was actually Virgil....

glockmail
04-14-2009, 07:39 AM
the country has had a progressive income tax structure since the very beginning of income taxes.... do you really think that the fact that making more money pushes people into higher and higher income tax brackets has EVER stopped people from wanting to make more money?:lol: It will cause them to hide their income- or move.

red states rule
04-14-2009, 07:43 AM
It will cause them to hide their income- or move.

Look how people are fleeing NY and CA. The top earnrers are fed up with having more then 50% of their income taken by the government

Those liberal states are losing the income and their deficits are growing

Kathianne
04-14-2009, 09:08 AM
and I would suggest that when people erroneously refer to me as "Virgil", that that is baiting...

Only if you react to it. Enough accommodations have been made for you.

Kathianne
04-14-2009, 09:09 AM
Kat I didn't mean Boss in a negative way, I have always respected you , so please don't think I am trying to disrespect you in anyway, OK Boss Lady, lol

Thanks Jeff.

glockmail
04-14-2009, 09:22 AM
Look how people are fleeing NY and CA. The top earnrers are fed up with having more then 50% of their income taken by the government

Those liberal states are losing the income and their deficits are growing That's why I left NY, and why corporations are fleeing to Switzerland, Ireland, The Cayman Islands....

red states rule
04-14-2009, 09:23 AM
That's why I left NY, and why corporations are fleeing to Switzerland, Ireland, The Cayman Islands....

and what do libs say is the answer?

Raise taxes to cover the lost revenue

glockmail
04-14-2009, 09:35 AM
and what do libs say is the answer?

Raise taxes to cover the lost revenue Taxes have risen every year in NY after we left. Since that time their electoral votes have diminished and NC's has increased. Will the last one out please turn out the lights.

Its too bad too since I really liked it up there. The Finger Lakes are beautiful, and the Adirondacks seem to go on forever. We used to grow all our vegetables, there were three ski areas within 20 minutes, and I had plans for a rope tow in my back yard.

emmett
04-14-2009, 10:00 AM

I gotta say it...

MD, first of all, any flight you would have ever had the privledge of flying on with P behind the controls, you would have spent shaking in your boots. You're right about that, but by the time it ended my friend you have sworn to never fly with anyone but him again I would imagine.

:salute:

moderate democrat
04-14-2009, 11:58 AM
I gotta say it...

MD, first of all, any flight you would have ever had the privledge of flying on with P behind the controls, you would have spent shaking in your boots. You're right about that, but by the time it ended my friend you have sworn to never fly with anyone but him again I would imagine.

:salute:

actually emmett... I can imagine you are correct. I would be honored to fly in an aircraft piloted by Mister Pee.... I just wouldn't want him to be in charge of procurement for my next pizza party!

emmett
04-14-2009, 02:01 PM
actually emmett... I can imagine you are correct. I would be honored to fly in an aircraft piloted by Mister Pee.... I just wouldn't want him to be in charge of procurement for my next pizza party!

I don't know MD... 10 grand could throw a pretty good party!:laugh2:

moderate democrat
04-14-2009, 02:32 PM
I don't know MD... 10 grand could throw a pretty good party!:laugh2:

if he was footing the bill, I'd be dancin' all night! no doubt!

red states rule
04-15-2009, 06:46 AM
The world's economy is in a meltdown. (Dem talking point) Dem spending is stealing our children's future. Islamic terrorists are taking Americans hostage on the high seas. Obama's reaction?

Throw an extravagant pizza party at the White House.

Are you lovin' the change?

moderate democrat
04-15-2009, 06:57 AM
The world's economy is in a meltdown. (Dem talking point) Dem spending is stealing our children's future. Islamic terrorists are taking Americans hostage on the high seas. Obama's reaction?

Throw an extravagant pizza party at the White House.

Are you lovin' the change?

the pizzas were free. I think that is a great deal!

And I AM lovin' the change... and lovin' watching you republicans whine from the cheap seats.:lol:

red states rule
04-15-2009, 07:00 AM
the pizzas were free. I think that is a great deal!

And I AM lovin' the change... and lovin' watching you republicans whine from the cheap seats.:lol:

You would love the arrogrance and hypocrisy - since you embody and live your life by both Virgil

moderate democrat
04-15-2009, 07:31 AM
You would love the arrogrance and hypocrisy - since you embody and live your life by both Virgil

the pizzas were free. don't you think that is a good deal?

but please.... keep on whinin' :lol:

red states rule
04-15-2009, 07:33 AM
the pizzas were free. don't you think that is a good deal?

As Mel Brooks said "It's good to be the King" - I guess you agree

You may be lovin' the change Virgil, but a decreasing number of people are

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/obama_administration/obama_approval_index_history

moderate democrat
04-15-2009, 07:54 AM
As Mel Brooks said "It's good to be the King" - I guess you agree

You may be lovin' the change Virgil, but a decreasing number of people are

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/obama_administration/obama_approval_index_history

actually...the polling site I use almost exclusively is Real Clear Politics, which averages all the major polls and thus takes out a lot of the "noise".

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/other/president_obama_job_approval-1044.html

why don't you be a good boy and tell the class what the blue line in that picture is doing? :lol:

red states rule
04-15-2009, 07:57 AM
actually...the polling site I use almost exclusively is Real Clear Politics, which averages all the major polls and thus takes out a lot of the "noise".

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/other/president_obama_job_approval-1044.html

why don't you be a good boy and tell the class what the blue line in that picture is doing? :lol:

Funny you used to love Rasmussen. I guess since they have your guy at 55% you don't like them anymore

http://thecommunityorganizer.net/images/obama_index_april_12_2009.jpg

Is this the change your lovin' Virgil?

$1.75 Trillion Dollar Deficit in Obama's Budget

Bush's Largest Deficit was $400 Billion

moderate democrat
04-15-2009, 08:26 AM
Funny you used to love Rasmussen. I guess since they have your guy at 55% you don't like them anymore

http://thecommunityorganizer.net/images/obama_index_april_12_2009.jpg

Is this the change your lovin' Virgil?

$1.75 Trillion Dollar Deficit in Obama's Budget

Bush's Largest Deficit was $400 Billion

I have never been a fan of Rasmussen... why do you avoid telling us about that blue line in RCP?

and why don't you tell us what you have against free pizza? :lol:

And I am indeed loving the steps that Obama is taking to fix the horrible economy that he inherited.

red states rule
04-15-2009, 08:30 AM
I have never been a fan of Rasmussen... why do you avoid telling us about that blue line in RCP?

And I am indeed loving the steps that Obama is taking to fix the horrible economy that he inherited.

You do love to push Rasmussen before the election Virgil

So when Bush had a $400 billion deficit -that was bad

Obama was a $2 trillion deficit - that is great?

You love Obama hiring tax cheats to fill slots in his administration?

You love both Obama and Pelosi lying about not having earmarks and pork in their "stimulus" bill?

Being a liberal hack Virgil - as long as they have a "D" at the end of thier name - you will support them no matter how much hyprocicy they display

No wonder Obama's approval numbers are heading south :laugh2:

moderate democrat
04-15-2009, 09:00 AM
You do love to push Rasmussen before the election Virgil

So when Bush had a $400 billion deficit -that was bad

Obama was a $2 trillion deficit - that is great?

You love Obama hiring tax cheats to fill slots in his administration?

You love both Obama and Pelosi lying about not having earmarks and pork in their "stimulus" bill?

Being a liberal hack Virgil - as long as they have a "D" at the end of thier name - you will support them no matter how much hyprocicy they display

No wonder Obama's approval numbers are heading south :laugh2:

I have never pushed Rasmussen, and I wasn't on this site before the election.

The debt is hardly "great", but it IS necessary to stimulate the economy that your boy Dubya nearly killed. Obama will reduce it when the economy turns around, which it will do.

and regarding Obama's supposedly falling numbers.... why do you avoid telling us about the blue line on the RCP page?

and WHY do you keep avoiding telling me what is so darned wrong with Obama getting FREE PIZZA?:lol:

red states rule
04-15-2009, 09:03 AM
I have never pushed Rasmussen, and I wasn't on this site before the election.

The debt is hardly "great", but it IS necessary to stimulate the economy that your boy Dubya nearly killed. Obama will reduce it when the economy turns around, which it will do.

and regarding Obama's supposedly falling numbers.... why do you avoid telling us about the blue line on the RCP page?

and WHY do you keep avoiding telling me what is so darned wrong with Obama getting FREE PIZZA?:lol:

Virgil you have been here for years

I come expect liberal like to to live by your double standards. If not for your double standards you would have no standards at all

In your world, the acutal results of your tax and spnd proframs is irrelevant . Only that you care, your good intentions, and you tried

glockmail
04-15-2009, 09:07 AM
if he was footing the bill, I'd be dancin' all night! no doubt! That's because you're a liberal democrat and therefore a freeloader.

red states rule
04-15-2009, 09:08 AM
That's because you're a liberal democrat and therefore a freeloader.

Liberals are always generous with other peoples money

PostmodernProphet
04-15-2009, 09:10 AM
and why don't you tell us what you have against free pizza?

there's no such thing as a free lunch....

red states rule
04-15-2009, 09:13 AM
there's no such thing as a free lunch....

Reminds me of this since it is tax day

The Dinner Lesson

With the income filing date fast approching I though it would be interesting to relate this story.

This is a story that I heard on the radio about 10 men who had dinner and paid for it in the same manner as you would pay your income tax. A Professor of Economics from the University of Georgia created this to help explain the Income Tax and how cutting taxes works.

It seemed that 10 men decided to have a business lunch once a week. They always met in the same restaurant and the bill was always, $100.00, for all 10 men. If each man was responsible for his share of the bill that would be, $10.00, each. The men decided to divide the bill based upon their ability to pay. Using an agreed upon formula the following payment arraignment was worked out based upon income.

Men 1-4 who made the least amount of money paid nothing.

Man 5 paid $ 1.00

Man 6 paid $ 3.00

Man 7 paid $ 7.00

Man 8 paid $12.00

Man 9 paid $18.00

Man 10 paid $59.00

After several weeks the owner of the restaurant told the men that because they were such good customers he was reducing the bill by $20.00. Their delimina was how to divide up the, $20.00. If each person got the same amount then the first 4 men would be getting money back but they never paid anything for the dinners. After much discussion and no resolve the owner offered the following suggestion which they all agreed to.

Original Payment New Payment $ Amount Saved % Saved

Men 1-4 paid $ 0.00 $ 0.00 $0.00 0%

Man 5 paid $ 1.00 $ 0.00 $1.00 100%

Man 6 paid $ 3.00 $ 2.00 $1.00 33%

Man 7 paid $ 7.00 $ 5.00 $2.00 28%

Man 8 paid $12.00 $ 9.00 $3.00 25%

Man 9 paid $18.00 $14.00 $4.00 22%

Man 10 paid $59.00 $50.00 $9.00 15%

Once out side the men began to argue about the settlement. Man 5 said he only got, $1.00, while Man 10 received, $9.00. Men 1-4 were upset because the received nothing. They said that the cut only benefited the rich and the poor got nothing. They were upset so they beat up Man 10 and left him. The next week they met for lunch as usual except man 10 did not show up. When the new bill arrived the men discovered that between them they did not have enough money to pay even half of the bill.

In this story we see a simplified version of the Federal Income Tax. According to an article in the "New York Times" 80% of the taxes are paid by 20% of the people highest income people. Any time you have a tax cut the people who pay taxes are going to get the money. The next time you hear of a tax cut and the media tells you that the wealthy are getting all the money, remember they are paying the taxes.

http://hubpages.com/hub/The_Dinner_Party_or_The_Income_Tax

moderate democrat
04-15-2009, 09:15 AM
Virgil you have been here for years

I come expect liberal like to to live by your double standards. If not for your double standards you would have no standards at all

In your world, the acutal results of your tax and spnd proframs is irrelevant . Only that you care, your good intentions, and you tried

the name is not virgil...I have been here since december of last year... and I do not put much stock in rasmussen and never have. why do YOU avoid the link from Real Clear Politics which shows quite clearly, that Obama's ratings have remained virtually unchanged throughout the time you claim they have been falling... and why do you continue to run away from answering the question regarding why you have a problem with free pizza?

red states rule
04-15-2009, 09:16 AM
the name is not virgil...I have been here since december of last year... and I do not put much stock in rasmussen and never have. why do YOU avoid the link from Real Clear Politics which shows quite clearly, that Obama's ratings have remained virtually unchanged throughout the time you claim they have been falling... and why do you continue to run away from answering the question regarding why you have a problem with free pizza?

Yawn

Zzzzzzzzz

moderate democrat
04-15-2009, 09:17 AM
Yawn

Zzzzzzzzz

you were the one who started this thread about Obama's pizzas.... why can't you explain what your problem is with free pizza?

red states rule
04-15-2009, 09:18 AM
you were the one who started this thread about Obama's pizzas.... why can't you explain what your problem is with free pizza?

As PMP said, there is no such thing as a free lunch. Only with libs who have someone else pay for it. Usually the taxpayers

moderate democrat
04-15-2009, 09:22 AM
As PMP said, there is no such thing as a free lunch. Only with libs who have someone else pay for it. Usually the taxpayers

the pizzas were free. the president didn't pay a nickel for them...the restaruant owner donated them and it was a great marketing ploy. why do you have a problem with that?

why don't you just admit that when you started this thread, you thought that Obama was paying for the pizzas and paying for their cook to be flown to DC? WHy don't you just admit that you were wrong?:lol:

red states rule
04-15-2009, 09:23 AM
the pizzas were free. the president didn't pay a nickel for them...the restaruant owner donated them and it was a great marketing ploy. why do you have a problem with that?

why don't you just admit that when you started this thread, you thought that Obama was paying for the pizzas and paying for their cook to be flown to DC? WHy don't you just admit that you were wrong?:lol:

While Obama tells us the US economy is on a verge of a depression, and how WE need to conserve and cut back

Like Al Gore, Obama tells us how to live our lives, and what we need to do - but ognores his own guidelines

PostmodernProphet
04-15-2009, 09:24 AM
as Sandler said in Bedtime Stories...."For meeeeee, for freeeee?".......

moderate democrat
04-15-2009, 09:43 AM
While Obama tells us the US economy is on a verge of a depression, and how WE need to conserve and cut back

Like Al Gore, Obama tells us how to live our lives, and what we need to do - but ognores his own guidelines

I think getting pizza for FREE is being really frugal!

red states rule
04-15-2009, 09:44 AM
I think getting pizza for FREE is being really frugal!

moderate democrat
04-15-2009, 09:46 AM

again...how much more frugal can you get? FREE PIZZA!!:poke:

red states rule
04-15-2009, 09:49 AM
again...how much more frugal can you get? FREE PIZZA!!:poke:

Eh, Virgil is still ducking the same hypocrisy he lives his life by. No shocker here folks

moderate democrat
04-15-2009, 09:53 AM
Eh, Virgil is still ducking the same hypocrisy he lives his life by. No shocker here folks

how is it hypocritical to eat FREE PIZZA that some guy decides to fly in on his own nickel?

why can't you admit that you started this thread thinking that Obama had paid for it, and now have no real complaint?

red states rule
04-15-2009, 09:54 AM
how is it hypocritical to eat FREE PIZZA that some guy decides to fly in on his own nickel?

why can't you admit that you started this thread thinking that Obama had paid for it, and now have no real complaint?

Like Al Gore, Obama tells us how to live our lives, and what we need to do - but ignores his own guidelines

moderate democrat
04-15-2009, 09:58 AM

Like Al Gore, Obama tells us how to live our lives, and what we need to do - but ignores his own guidelines

again...how can you be more frugal than eating something for FREE? He didn't spend a nickel of the taxpayer's money.

And I would love to see some statement from Obama that people need to conserve and cut back. He wants economic activity. He wants people to refinance their home mortgages so that they can have more money in their pockets to pay their bills and generate economic activity.

I think that the pizza guy did a really smart thing by getting the free publicity... and Obama did a really smart thing by eating free pizza and simultaneously promoting the business.

PostmodernProphet
04-15-2009, 11:03 AM
He didn't spend a nickel of the taxpayer's money. .

and I say your delusional for thinking that is true....

emmett
04-15-2009, 11:16 AM
again...how can you be more frugal than eating something for FREE? He didn't spend a nickel of the taxpayer's money.

And I would love to see some statement from Obama that people need to conserve and cut back. He wants economic activity. He wants people to refinance their home mortgages so that they can have more money in their pockets to pay their bills and generate economic activity.

I think that the pizza guy did a really smart thing by getting the free publicity... and Obama did a really smart thing by eating free pizza and simultaneously promoting the business.

So basically the White House chefs are incapable of making pizza? Talk about hiring unqualified folks! Oh never mind, the head of the IRS is a tax cheat so why would I think the White House Chef could cook?

crin63
04-15-2009, 11:23 AM

It has the impression of hypocrisy. Tell me and you to cut back and save energy while he has someone fly across the country to feed his appetite. It smacks of excess.

moderate democrat
04-15-2009, 12:04 PM
So basically the White House chefs are incapable of making pizza? Talk about hiring unqualified folks! Oh never mind, the head of the IRS is a tax cheat so why would I think the White House Chef could cook?

do you understand that the restaurant owner made the offer on his own and paid the tab to fly out and make the pizzas? Do you understand that he clearly did it to market his business and benefit from the wealth of free publicity that such a stunt would garner? Or are you just acting like you don't?

what in the world does this have to do with whether or not the white house chef can cook?

moderate democrat
04-15-2009, 12:05 PM
It has the impression of hypocrisy. Tell me and you to cut back and save energy while he has someone fly across the country to feed his appetite. It smacks of excess.

give me a link to a statement from the president where he told you to cut back. Obama WANTS to stimulate economic activity....

moderate democrat
04-15-2009, 12:06 PM
and I say your delusional for thinking that is true....

and I say all you got is your biased partisan opinion... if you could show where the white house paid for those pizzas, you would have done so already. hack.

Mr. P
04-15-2009, 12:31 PM
give me a link to a statement from the president where he told you to cut back. Obama WANTS to stimulate economic activity....

And eating FREE Pizza does just that? :laugh2:

and I say all you got is your biased partisan opinion... if you could show where the white house paid for those pizzas, you would have done so already. hack.

That's a double edge sword there, Virgil. Prove he didn't pay for those Pizzas. HACK!

emmett
04-15-2009, 12:34 PM
do you understand that the restaurant owner made the offer on his own and paid the tab to fly out and make the pizzas? Do you understand that he clearly did it to market his business and benefit from the wealth of free publicity that such a stunt would garner? Or are you just acting like you don't?

what in the world does this have to do with whether or not the white house chef can cook?

Well first of all, will this now incite a string of businesses to provide free services to the White House for publicity or will it piss off folks who are not well recieved when they offer. Frankly I think Mr. Obama broke a sacred code by allowing this instead of just having the White House Chef bake his pizza party. Why now should every pizza parlor in the Nation not be allowed to visit the White House and do pizza parties?

Favortism...plain and simple! What is your angle on that one? I imagine I know and yes it ain't as big as all that maybe but if YOU were the competitor right down the street from this guy I bet you damn well would care. If you say otherwise I am going to ignore it cause I know you would be selling out just to make your point.

No offer's were made to others to "bid" on the job or to recieve this wonderful advertising, which I agree with you wholeheartedly, it is a great opportunity for this business duo. I don't even see what all the fuss is about. I don't give a shit what the guy serves his party guests. If he wants to serve them........pizza..........instead of 100 dollar steaks.....fine!

As to whether there was no cost to taxpayers. You know better than that. Anyone destined for the White House landing at the airport has a very involved security process to go through. This will involve many man hours of previous research into the lives of everyone coming in. A detail will escort them, don't fool yourself. It isn't like they are going to just jump in a taxi and say "White House please". This in itself nullifies your "NO COST" theory.

Where will the pair of Chefs stay MD? Not at the White House I assure you. A detail will be assigned to follow them everywhere. There is too much risk that they could be intercepted, since the US Government News Agency has broadcasted that they are coming. Everyone they come into contact with will also have to be screened and researched. Again...many man hours. = COST.

What equipment will be used to bake these few pizzas for one meal. Rent them? Where will they come from? Will they contain bombs...they will have to be inspected. The business that rents them to the Chefs will have to be investigated. COST. Man Hours MD. Another hit to the "NO COST" premise.

And are you really so shallow as to believe that they are really paying for every single penny worth of cost associated with whole damn excursion. I would be ashamed of my country's leadership frankly if that were to haoppen. What kind of host would make them take a taxi from the airport. A Presidential Limo will pick them up I hope. I mean damn, a chef offers to treat everyone at the White house to dinner and can'r even get a free ride to the damn White House. = COST>

In your haste to make an argument of over 200 posts on a subject infanted by other way more inportant matters you hastily (as usual) were willing to spit out any defense of your precious liberal government's activities. The costs will be tens of thousands of taxpayer dollars my friend I assure you. To believe anything else is just flat naive.

Does it matter? Not to me. He's the President of the United States. If he wants some damn pizza, fine! Who gives a shit? I do think it should just be baked in the White House Kitchen where the taxpayers have already provided an eloborate setting for meal preperation and pay the best chefs in the country already. Pissing off the pizza parlors in St. Louis with jealousy is insensative and Democrats don't like insenseativity.

emmett
04-15-2009, 12:38 PM
Rep can be sent to Emmett@debatepolicy.com

PostmodernProphet
04-15-2009, 01:13 PM
lol, as if that distinguishes us.....hack....

moderate democrat
04-15-2009, 01:17 PM
lol, as if that distinguishes us.....hack....

so...you admit that you don't have diddly? I thought so.

moderate democrat
04-15-2009, 01:22 PM
Well first of all, will this now incite a string of businesses to provide free services to the White House for publicity or will it piss off folks who are not well recieved when they offer. Frankly I think Mr. Obama broke a sacred code by allowing this instead of just having the White House Chef bake his pizza party. Why now should every pizza parlor in the Nation not be allowed to visit the White House and do pizza parties?

Favortism...plain and simple! What is your angle on that one? I imagine I know and yes it ain't as big as all that maybe but if YOU were the competitor right down the street from this guy I bet you damn well would care. If you say otherwise I am going to ignore it cause I know you would be selling out just to make your point.

No offer's were made to others to "bid" on the job or to recieve this wonderful advertising, which I agree with you wholeheartedly, it is a great opportunity for this business duo. I don't even see what all the fuss is about. I don't give a shit what the guy serves his party guests. If he wants to serve them........pizza..........instead of 100 dollar steaks.....fine!

As to whether there was no cost to taxpayers. You know better than that. Anyone destined for the White House landing at the airport has a very involved security process to go through. This will involve many man hours of previous research into the lives of everyone coming in. A detail will escort them, don't fool yourself. It isn't like they are going to just jump in a taxi and say "White House please". This in itself nullifies your "NO COST" theory.

Where will the pair of Chefs stay MD? Not at the White House I assure you. A detail will be assigned to follow them everywhere. There is too much risk that they could be intercepted, since the US Government News Agency has broadcasted that they are coming. Everyone they come into contact with will also have to be screened and researched. Again...many man hours. = COST.

What equipment will be used to bake these few pizzas for one meal. Rent them? Where will they come from? Will they contain bombs...they will have to be inspected. The business that rents them to the Chefs will have to be investigated. COST. Man Hours MD. Another hit to the "NO COST" premise.

And are you really so shallow as to believe that they are really paying for every single penny worth of cost associated with whole damn excursion. I would be ashamed of my country's leadership frankly if that were to haoppen. What kind of host would make them take a taxi from the airport. A Presidential Limo will pick them up I hope. I mean damn, a chef offers to treat everyone at the White house to dinner and can'r even get a free ride to the damn White House. = COST>

In your haste to make an argument of over 200 posts on a subject infanted by other way more inportant matters you hastily (as usual) were willing to spit out any defense of your precious liberal government's activities. The costs will be tens of thousands of taxpayer dollars my friend I assure you. To believe anything else is just flat naive.

Does it matter? Not to me. He's the President of the United States. If he wants some damn pizza, fine! Who gives a shit? I do think it should just be baked in the White House Kitchen where the taxpayers have already provided an eloborate setting for meal preperation and pay the best chefs in the country already. Pissing off the pizza parlors in St. Louis with jealousy is insensative and Democrats don't like insenseativity.

I am quite sure that the chef used the ovens already in place in the white house kitchen...he brought a couple of suitcases with ingredients... your suggestion that looking through a couple of suitcases full of flour and tomato sauce will cost the government tens of thousands of dollars is ridiculous.

and I have no doubt that the white house would welcome any pizza parlor flying in on their own nickel and providing pizza free of charge...the president is allowed to have a favorite pizza and to make that preference known... He did, and the owner decided to cook the president some pizzas as a way of saying thank you and as a great marketing ploy.

moderate democrat
04-15-2009, 01:25 PM
And eating FREE Pizza does just that?

That's a double edge sword there, MD. Prove he didn't pay for those Pizzas. HACK!

eating the pizza certainly provided economic stimulus to the pi pizza restaurant... that is one of the reasons why he did it, Mister Pee...

and I already posted a link to an article which states that the owner provided the pizzas at his own expense. Learn to read, Mister Pee.

Yurt
04-15-2009, 01:51 PM
eating the pizza certainly provided economic stimulus to the pi pizza restaurant... that is one of the reasons why he did it, Mister Pee...

and I already posted a link to an article which states that the owner provided the pizzas at his own expense. Learn to read, Mister Pee.

no you didn't. you provided hearsay and only ONE guy who CLAIMS to have talked to the manager....there are no other corroborating sources other than you LEFT wing source. your "article" is far from fact.

facts are that this was planned by obama, he asked the guy in advance to come and make pizza for 140 people. to say this cost the tax payers nothing is silly.

Mr. P
04-15-2009, 02:36 PM
no you didn't. you provided hearsay and only ONE guy who CLAIMS to have talked to the manager....there are no other corroborating sources other than you LEFT wing source. your "article" is far from fact.

facts are that this was planned by obama, he asked the guy in advance to come and make pizza for 140 people. to say this cost the tax payers nothing is silly.

Virgil has a reality problem..

PostmodernProphet
04-15-2009, 03:02 PM
so...you admit that you don't have diddly? I thought so.

I got your diddly well in hand, MD......

emmett
04-15-2009, 03:07 PM
I am quite sure that the chef used the ovens already in place in the white house kitchen...he brought a couple of suitcases with ingredients... your suggestion that looking through a couple of suitcases full of flour and tomato sauce will cost the government tens of thousands of dollars is ridiculous.

and I have no doubt that the white house would welcome any pizza parlor flying in on their own nickel and providing pizza free of charge...the president is allowed to have a favorite pizza and to make that preference known... He did, and the owner decided to cook the president some pizzas as a way of saying thank you and as a great marketing ploy.

Again you address only the part of the issue that you feel you can spin. SECURITY MD!!! To think that no cost will result is like I said naive. There will be great cost. In addition, call the White House and ask to cater a party and watch what you are told. Can't happen.

Then there was the issue I brought up about unfair advertising. If you owned a pizza parlor within five miles of Pi, you'd be livid.

AND......

Just for your information, I have a source who told me two hours ago that Obama did indeed "request" the attendence of the parlor owner. It is being paid for by the Taxpayers and nothing is being provided free of charge so your whole theory is up in smoke. You'll see the details on the news in the next day or two. Of course yopu will have to change the channel off of the US Government News Agency AKA; American Information Services department to get the story.

moderate democrat
04-15-2009, 03:17 PM

"hearsay"? "claims"??? It was a newpaper article and the journalist writing the article wrote that the trip was at the owner's expense. If you chose not to believe him, fine.

And where is the taxpayer's cost if it is at the owner's expense? three roundtrip tickets and a suitcase full of pizza ingredients. BFD. The owner was GLAD to do it and will make up that marginal cost in an evening's worth of increased business as a result of the publicity he gained.

moderate democrat
04-15-2009, 03:20 PM
Again you address only the part of the issue that you feel you can spin. SECURITY MD!!! To think that no cost will result is like I said naive. There will be great cost. In addition, call the White House and ask to cater a party and watch what you are told. Can't happen.

Then there was the issue I brought up about unfair advertising. If you owned a pizza parlor within five miles of Pi, you'd be livid.

AND......

Just for your information, I have a source who told me two hours ago that Obama did indeed "request" the attendence of the parlor owner. It is being paid for by the Taxpayers and nothing is being provided free of charge so your whole theory is up in smoke. You'll see the details on the news in the next day or two. Of course yopu will have to change the channel off of the US Government News Agency AKA; American Information Services department to get the story.

security? trucks bring kitchen suppliles to the white house every day....

Obama gave the guy the opportunity.... he took it and, told reporters that it was at his own expense. You can call him a liar all day long...it doesn't bother me.

I believe him.
why would he make something like that up?

moderate democrat
04-15-2009, 03:21 PM

oh Mister Pee.... the name is not virgil.... why don't you just call me MD? That will work fine.

emmett
04-15-2009, 03:24 PM

Obama gave the guy the opportunity.... he took it and, told reporters that it was at his own expense. You can call him a liar all day long...it doesn't bother me.

I believe him.

There is a cost MD. Security Screens cost money. Manhours to escort them from the airport. Tell me you think they are going to just get in a cab and be dropped at the steps of the White House.

Then again our new admin may have that lax a security detail...I don't know.

In any rate, your initial claim of "NO COST WHAT SO EVER" is false!

You are the one that is always insisting on such degrees of accuracy. Then you usually use a line like, "Now admit you were wrong". Well....Admit you aere wrong. Is there any cost at all or not?

Mr. P
04-15-2009, 03:26 PM

I believe him.

Marketing, DIPSTICK. It's NOT about truth.

Now where's that proof he made the trip on his nickle?

emmett
04-15-2009, 03:28 PM
A Secret Service agent on Presidential detail has a cost to the taxpayer of approx 102.45 per hour. The multiple figures in salary, workman's comp, insurance, equipment and other related info into the performa. I would think it would take at least an hour to have a four to six man team go and retrieve the Pizza guy. Another team must sweep his motel room. Say......3 or 4 more to do research and then there is a food taster. You couldn't pay me enough to be Obama's food taster frankly!

There is a cost! Whiuch is more than "NO COST TO THE TAXPAYER AT ALL"

moderate democrat
04-15-2009, 03:30 PM
http://michellemalkin.com/2009/04/09/environmentally-friendly-restaurant/

"So how did a St. Louis pizza guy end up in the White House kitchen?

The president first tasted Sommers’s San Francisco-style pies, served at his St. Louis restaurant Pi, while campaigning in Missouri last fall. An Obama supporter, Sommers offered to deliver a few frozen pies to the president after the election but was told he couldn’t send food to the White House because of security concerns.

Instead, Reggie Love, one of the president’s closest aides and a fellow fan of Sommers’s deep-dish and thin-crust creations, arranged to have the pizza chef bring 20 pounds of dough and 3 gallons of sauce at his own expense to the White House kitchen and cook there Friday."

Michelle does not dispute the fact that the owner paid for the junket.... she just bitches that it is not environmentally friendly. If the guy chartered a private jet, she might have a bigger point.

The BIGGER point is the fact that the republicans on here are reduced to this insignificant kind of stuff... it is truly laughable. This thread was started by RSR complaining that Obama had made the taxpayer pick up this tab... and that does not appear to be the case...yet nobody from the right would dare call him on it.

lame.

emmett
04-15-2009, 03:38 PM
http://michellemalkin.com/2009/04/09/environmentally-friendly-restaurant/

The president first tasted Sommers’s San Francisco-style pies, served at his St. Louis restaurant Pi, while campaigning in Missouri last fall. An Obama supporter, Sommers offered to deliver a few frozen pies to the president after the election but was told he couldn’t send food to the White House because of security concerns.

Instead, Reggie Love, one of the president’s closest aides and a fellow fan of Sommers’s deep-dish and thin-crust creations, arranged to have the pizza chef bring 20 pounds of dough and 3 gallons of sauce at his own expense to the White House kitchen and cook there Friday."

Michelle does not dispute the fact that the owner paid for the junket.... she just bitches that it is not environmentally friendly. If the guy chartered a private jet, she might have a bigger point.

The BIGGER point is the fact that the republicans on here are reduced to this insignificant kind of stuff... it is truly laughable. This thread was started by RSR complaining that Obama had made the taxpayer pick up this tab... and that does not appear to be the case...yet nobody from the right would dare call him on it.

lame.

I am not a Republican Sir. My point started out real simple. I merely said there were costs to the taxpayer after you claimed there were "NONE". There are. You know it and now you are wiggling to avoid admitting that I am right.

It really does not matter, frankly I'm just sitting here in between Investigation projects and needed something to do so screwing with you fit the billet. It's all in fun. I just thought some of the stuff you press in RSR's face so often might taste a little different when it is directed at you.

If I have seen one I have seen a hundred posts where you claim to be "right" and have a hissy to get him to admit it. In this case I am merely mimicking you. On occasion you get so frustrated you resort to picking on his spelling, which you screw up to but it is so amusing I have to laugh.

In this case you have become the hunted. There is a cost of some degree. You said there was "NONE". Now admit you were wrong!

I'm waiting.

Yurt
04-15-2009, 03:43 PM
read the article again....it indicates obama's closest aide paid for at his expense...NOT the owner as you claim

Instead, Reggie Love, <-- (note the comma) one of the president’s closest aides and a fellow fan of Sommers’s deep-dish and thin-crust creations, <-- (note end of comma) arranged to have the pizza chef bring 20 pounds of dough and 3 gallons of sauce at his own expense to the White House kitchen and cook there Friday.

let's take the sentence without the comma:

Instead, Reggie Love arranged to have the pizza chef bring 20 pounds of dough and 3 gallons of sauce at his own expense to the White House kitchen and cook there Friday.

your sources contradict each other....which each is it....obama's aide or the owner....

why don't you face reality MD and admit this was another screw up by obama. his little pizza order from 800 miles away has pissed off alot of people and other pizza shops. what a way to unite the country, order pizza that isn't even his hometown pizza, upset the folks there, when we are in a recession. that shows some restraint.

and you have no proof if this will actually help the economy at all. such blatent partisan crap is silly and you know it.

moderate democrat
04-15-2009, 03:59 PM
read the article again....it indicates obama's closest aide paid for at his expense...NOT the owner as you claim

Instead, Reggie Love, <-- (note the comma) one of the president’s closest aides and a fellow fan of Sommers’s deep-dish and thin-crust creations, <-- (note end of comma) arranged to have the pizza chef bring 20 pounds of dough and 3 gallons of sauce at his own expense to the White House kitchen and cook there Friday.

let's take the sentence without the comma:

Instead, Reggie Love arranged to have the pizza chef bring 20 pounds of dough and 3 gallons of sauce at his own expense to the White House kitchen and cook there Friday.

your sources contradict each other....which each is it....obama's aide or the owner....

why don't you face reality MD and admit this was another screw up by obama. his little pizza order from 800 miles away has pissed off alot of people and other pizza shops. what a way to unite the country, order pizza that isn't even his hometown pizza, upset the folks there, when we are in a recession. that shows some restraint.

and you have no proof if this will actually help the economy at all. such blatent partisan crap is silly and you know it.

an english major would tell you that the phrase "at his own expense" refers to the closet possible noun.... i.e. chef.

and it will certainly help the economy of the neighborhood where pi pizza is in St. Louis... I don't think the owner would have undertaken the venture if he didn't expect a positive return.

emmett
04-15-2009, 04:30 PM
Still waiting MD. Crickets are warming up. I gotcha babe, just come on and post, "Yes Emmett, there is an expense. I was Wrong...you were right."

Come on man. It isn't that hard. I have to do it with Kathy, as her intelligence punks me out all the time. Crin gets me now and again. P, The prophet, Yurt's had a piece of me, even RSR (allthough I won't admit that one again), and several others. Come on now.......I'm right...you know I am. just say it. Yes emmett, anytime someone visits the White House there is obviously a taxpayer expense. I got caught up in the moment, and in wanting to protect ny President I was negligent, I overlooked some details. See.... tyou can do it. Now come on...I'm waiting.

emmett
04-15-2009, 04:39 PM
MD took his toys and went home. I do hope everyone understands that even though I took the thread off course it was for the purpose of doing the same thing he does when he begins to incite. The only difference is I didn't name call, resort to unacceptable tactics or reduce myself in doing so. I hate to say it but if the rest of you would do this a little more instead of letting him get to you, you'd have allot more fun and the integrity of the board would not suffer as much.

As you know there are people who set out to do exactly what he is so successful in doing. In "punking him out", which I clearly just did, I have the upper hand on him. That is why he fears me. He has never won a debate with me...ever! And he never will. A cool calm and collected demeanor wins every time over a guy who goes in slugging, spitting and angry faced.

moderate democrat
04-15-2009, 05:48 PM
yes emmett....I suppose there is some "cost" to the taxpayer.

the electricity to run the ovens and the lights in the kitchen... the expense to heat the dining room where the pizza party took place.... the water used to wash the dishes afterwards... but if the white house had used its own chefs and its own raw materials and created pizzas for the white house staff, the "cost" would have been far greater.

there is some "cost" to the taxpayer every time Obama flushes a turd down the toilet or turns on his TV or uses an electric razor to shave in the morning. My point all along was: RSR started this thread on the assumption that the White House had paid the pizza guy to fly out to DC and to cook his special pizzas for the president, and wasn't that incredibly elitist of him...when, in fact, when compared to a normal dinner for 140 at the white house, this one was a real cost saver as the restaurant owner picked up the tab... but no one on the right will ever come close to admitting that.

Wouldn't you agree?

Kathianne
04-15-2009, 05:56 PM

Here:

http://www.americanthinker.com/2009/03/the_obama_we_knew_but_denied.html

March 30, 2009
The Obama We Knew But Denied

By Kyle-Anne Shiver
What if an American President campaigned as a pragmatic centrist, promised tax cuts to 95% of the American people and pledged himself to a new era of government honesty, openness and bipartisanship, but never had any of those intentions? The result might be a cabinet full of tax cheats, political cronies and lobbyists, and a president peddling an overstuffed budget of liberal dream-schemes at a time when the American economy can least afford an extra nickel for folderol or fiddling.

Meanwhile Rome is burning.

President Obama rolls the dice and grabs a can of kerosene.

This president's budget, plus the Faux Stimulus monstrosity, plus the TARP bailouts all add up to the biggest, most irresponsible spending spree in American history. Yet, according to some of the best and brightest economists on the planet, these schemes are built upon overly rosy expectations, will do little to stimulate any economic growth and promise to punitively tax the very people and industries we need to provide investment capital and jobs to actually create the pie from which all these liberal cherries are to be plucked.

Yet President Obama and his double host of Ivy League staffers are billed to be the smartest folks in the Country.

If I didn't know better, I might suspect these people aren't really interested in returning America to prosperity.

The Obama We Knew, but Most Denied

The man who is now president, Barack Obama, is precisely the man whose spiritual mentor for 2 decades, Jeremiah Wright, denounced "white folks greed" running "a world in need." Barack Obama is precisely the man whose political mentor, Saul Alinsky, advised the use of any and all means necessary to take power in America, and to clothe his deceit in "moral garments." Barack Obama is precisely the man whose most influential and moneyed backer was George Soros, the Fabian socialist whose financial schemes have garnered great wealth for him while leaving whole economies in shambles, the way ours is now.

Anyone still harboring the illusion that President Barack Obama cares one whit about the millions of Americans whose retirement funds and futures dwindle with each passing day of this "regime change" needs a reality check.

Barack Obama is the man who declared that bankrupting the coal industry would be the natural and desired result of his environmental policies, that his Global Poverty Act would bring "collective redemption" to an America presiding over an unfair world and that dismantling our defenses would make the world more safe.

Now, surely I'm not the only person in America who remembers full-well this little tirade of candidate Obama's on how we Americans "can't just drive our SUVs, eat all we want and keep our thermostats at 72 degrees...and expect that the rest of the world will just say, "Okay." Surely, I'm not the only American citizen who remembers that George Soros was one of Barack Obama's first and most influential backers and that Soros considers U.S. hegemony as an enemy to global governance, of the sort he has always supported.

The sad truth is that Barack Obama and his cabal of international socialists have every intention of bursting the bubble of American supremacy. They see America as the lynchpin of a global situation they deplore, a world that is inherently unfair. A world in which there is no genuine evil, only valid grievances for past oppression. It is that unfairness for which America now must pay with her 401Ks. And to these "liberal communists," Barack Obama declared fealty in his "Citizen of the World" speech in Berlin.

I'm thinking the words, "we've been had," are now forming in the minds of moderates from coast to coast.

moderate democrat
04-15-2009, 06:00 PM
I guess I don't see refraining from foolishly wasting energy as "doing without" or "cutting back". I guess you do. fair enough.

"I'm thinking the words, "we've been had," are now forming in the minds of moderates from coast to coast."

I don't think the author is "thinking" that as much as he is "hoping" that. :lol:

emmett
04-15-2009, 06:17 PM
yes emmett....I suppose there is some "cost" to the taxpayer.

the electricity to run the ovens and the lights in the kitchen... the expense to heat the dining room where the pizza party took place.... the water used to wash the dishes afterwards... but if the white house had used its own chefs and its own raw materials and created pizzas for the white house staff, the "cost" would have been far greater.

there is some "cost" to the taxpayer every time Obama flushes a turd down the toilet or turns on his TV or uses an electric razor to shave in the morning. My point all along was: RSR started this thread on the assumption that the White House had paid the pizza guy to fly out to DC and to cook his special pizzas for the president, and wasn't that incredibly elitist of him...when, in fact, when compared to a normal dinner for 140 at the white house, this one was a real cost saver as the restaurant owner picked up the tab... but no one on the right will ever come close to admitting that.

Wouldn't you agree?

I most certainly WOULD agree with "parts" of your statement. Of course you still haven't admitted there is great cost from the prospective of Security and Secret Service, then again even though I have explained it in detail, maybe you're not capable of understanding it. Since it has been excplained to you so elequently, I assume this is the case.

RSR may have been wrong in his assumption of the text of the initial post. However to call this wonderful man, whom I know well and speak with almost daily on the phone, an elitist is quite inaccurate. I can personally tell you that he would rush into a burning house and pull YOU out of it, should the need arise. That is what I know. I also know he has overcame many personal tribulations you and I would probably cave into. Is he a bit cantankerous from time to time? Well... maybe a bit! LOL. But a fine man and a good American none the less. Very passionate about his philosophy, as are you about yours.

Conversation and dialogue don't always have to leave the parties involved calling each other names and rendering insults. That is a weakness. There is allot of that here. YOU are as bad as any I have ever seen. Since YOU mentioned him, I would remind you that the most disrespectful thing I have ever heard a person say to another was said by you ..on here. So, if you want to throw around the word elitist, be careful it isn't shaped like a boomerang.

In the end, we never have to agree with anybody. I was just joking with you in aforementioned posts. Persoanlly, I don't care if you agree or not. When involved in debate there is nothing that can make me angry enough to insult. It is only when revolting, childlike behavior begins that i say anything...and that did not start when I became a mod, I always lobbied for more acceptable behavior. Go back and look.

So........you go ahead and continue to believe that "no cost" will result from Barry's Pizza party. I'll go on believing that there will be and that it will be considerable. You continue to use examples like "turds in toilets" and things to make your points and I'll continue to use undisputable hard facts to make mine.

I am completely non biused in any issue. You will learn that. Unbiased against any opinion, view or person, as you should well know! Maybe if you watch closely grasshopper, I'll teach you a thing or two about how to conduct a debate with people who disagree with you and still earn their respect, so long as you are willing give it.

moderate democrat
04-15-2009, 06:33 PM
I most certainly WOULD agree with "parts" of your statement. Of course you still haven't admitted there is great cost from the prospective of Security and Secret Service, then again even though I have explained it in detail, maybe you're not capable of understanding it. Since it has been excplained to you so elequently, I assume this is the case.

RSR may have been wrong in his assumption of the text of the initial post. However to call this wonderful man, whom I know well and speak with almost daily on the phone, an elitist is quite inaccurate. I can personally tell you that he would rush into a burning house and pull YOU out of it, should the need arise. That is what I know. I also know he has overcame many personal tribulations you and I would probably cave into. Is he a bit cantankerous from time to time? Well... maybe a bit! LOL. But a fine man and a good American none the less. Very passionate about his philosophy, as are you about yours.

Conversation and dialogue don't always have to leave the parties involved calling each other names and rendering insults. That is a weakness. There is allot of that here. YOU are as bad as any I have ever seen. Since YOU mentioned him, I would remind you that the most disrespectful thing I have ever heard a person say to another was said by you ..on here. So, if you want to throw around the word elitist, be careful it isn't shaped like a boomerang.

In the end, we never have to agree with anybody. I was just joking with you in aforementioned posts. Persoanlly, I don't care if you agree or not. When involved in debate there is nothing that can make me angry enough to insult. It is only when revolting, childlike behavior begins that i say anything...and that did not start when I became a mod, I always lobbied for more acceptable behavior. Go back and look.

So........you go ahead and continue to believe that "no cost" will result from Barry's Pizza party. I'll go on believing that there will be and that it will be considerable. You continue to use examples like "turds in toilets" and things to make your points and I'll continue to use undisputable hard facts to make mine.

I am completely non biused in any issue. You will learn that. Unbiased against any opinion, view or person, as you should well know! Maybe if you watch closely grasshopper, I'll teach you a thing or two about how to conduct a debate with people who disagree with you and still earn their respect, so long as you are willing give it.

do you think there is a great cost when Sysco makes a food delivery to the white house? Do you think that each sack of flour is Xrayed to make sure it does not contain some ticking bomb? I do NOT think there would be any extraordinary security costs when three cooks arrive at the back door of the white house with their suitcase full of flour and pizza sauce.

I did not call RSR an elitist...I suggested that his initial post implied that Obama was an elitist for paying for the pizza guy to come to DC to cook for him - which was not the case. I am not surprised that you are a big fan of RSR... I am not. He is passionate about his political beliefs and I certainly am about mine... he can insult me all day long and you seem fine with that - actually suggesting that he is just "a bit cantankerous from time to time"... and he remains a fine American in your eyes yet I am pond scum for insulting him.... seems that political philosophy colors your opinions pretty heavily.

Nonetheless, I DO respect you as being as even handed as a partisan conservative can ever be... even though you offer me no respect whatsoever. that's cool. I knew this was a conservative board when I first found it. I don't expect to have lots of pals on here... I can go to other boards for affirmation.

Kathianne
04-15-2009, 06:37 PM
MD took his toys and went home. I do hope everyone understands that even though I took the thread off course it was for the purpose of doing the same thing he does when he begins to incite. The only difference is I didn't name call, resort to unacceptable tactics or reduce myself in doing so. I hate to say it but if the rest of you would do this a little more instead of letting him get to you, you'd have allot more fun and the integrity of the board would not suffer as much.

As you know there are people who set out to do exactly what he is so successful in doing. In "punking him out", which I clearly just did, I have the upper hand on him. That is why he fears me. He has never won a debate with me...ever! And he never will. A cool calm and collected demeanor wins every time over a guy who goes in slugging, spitting and angry faced.

Some of us lose our tempers and still are able to punk him, over and over again. He's a turd of the first order, which is probably why he brought that up as a 'cost.' :laugh2: Great post, I can't rep, but would if I could.

Kathianne
04-15-2009, 06:52 PM

I must say, I like how your mind works. I stand in awe!

Kathianne
04-15-2009, 06:54 PM

Not really considering what they pay for hammers and toilet seats.

Kathianne
04-15-2009, 06:55 PM

Learn to read Mr. aka...

moderate democrat
04-15-2009, 07:03 PM
Some of us lose our tempers and still are able to punk him, over and over again. He's a turd of the first order, which is probably why he brought that up as a 'cost.' :laugh2: Great post, I can't rep, but would if I could.:lol:

all the women are beautiful, all the men are handsome, and everybody is a mensa member.... in cyberspace!

glockmail
04-15-2009, 07:05 PM
Learn to read Mr. aka......manfrommaine.

Kathianne
04-15-2009, 07:10 PM
Still waiting MD. Crickets are warming up. I gotcha babe, just come on and post, "Yes Emmett, there is an expense. I was Wrong...you were right."

Come on man. It isn't that hard. I have to do it with Kathy, as her intelligence punks me out all the time. Crin gets me now and again. P, The prophet, Yurt's had a piece of me, even RSR (allthough I won't admit that one again), and several others. Come on now.......I'm right...you know I am. just say it. Yes emmett, anytime someone visits the White House there is obviously a taxpayer expense. I got caught up in the moment, and in wanting to protect ny President I was negligent, I overlooked some details. See.... tyou can do it. Now come on...I'm waiting.

I think I'm going to frame this post.

Jeff
04-15-2009, 11:16 PM

Virgil is a reality problem, cause one guys say's all this was done for free it must be so?

Gee I wonder if it was GW in the white house if Virgil would take this stance

moderate democrat
04-16-2009, 05:52 AM
Virgil is a reality problem, cause one guys say's all this was done for free it must be so?

Gee I wonder if it was GW in the white house if Virgil would take this stance

so you are saying that because it was done for a liberal democratic president, it must NOT be so????? How is that "reality" jeff?

The press reports that the chef did it at his own expense. I see no reason to disbelieve that report. It makes solid business sense to me. Clearly, the expense would not have been that great... three plane tickets, a few pounds of flour, a few gallons of pizza sauce... and voila... instant positive publicity that would generate increased business for months and months.

red states rule
04-16-2009, 06:11 AM
so you are saying that because it was done for a liberal democratic president, it must NOT be so????? How is that "reality" jeff?

The press reports that the chef did it at his own expense. I see no reason to disbelieve that report. It makes solid business sense to me. Clearly, the expense would not have been that great... three plane tickets, a few pounds of flour, a few gallons of pizza sauce... and voila... instant positive publicity that would generate increased business for months and months.

Again Virgil, since you live your life in a world of double standards and blatant hypocrisy - you will never get it

and as long as the Obama loving pizza maker does not make over $250,000/yr - he will be fine

If he makes more then that, he will then become one of the many targets Obama and his supporters have targeted for punishment for making excessive income

PostmodernProphet
04-16-2009, 06:13 AM
The press reports that the chef did it at his own expense. I see no reason to disbelieve that report.

??....but "the press" has not reported it.....one blogger and you have......

moderate democrat
04-16-2009, 06:17 AM
Again Virgil, since you live your life in a world of double standards and blatant hypocrisy - you will never get it

and as long as the Obama loving pizza maker does not make over $250,000/yr - he will be fine

If he makes more then that, he will then become one of the many targets Obama and his supporters have targeted for punishment for making excessive income

and again...can you point to anyone who has ever decided to STOP making more money just because they would move into a higher tax bracket?

We have had a progressive income tax rate structure in America since the dawn of income tax...has that EVER stopped people from wanting to get rich?:lol:

moderate democrat
04-16-2009, 06:18 AM
??....but "the press" has not reported it.....one blogger and you have......

I've posted two links reporting it.

Jeff
04-16-2009, 06:20 AM

Virgil ya miss understood me, it has nothing to do with it being a liberal democratic president , it has to do with the corruption in the Government, there is nothing done for free for them, they live the life of Riley , the problem for me is Obama telling us to tighten our belt well he is flying in a guy to make his pizza.

See unlike you Virgil ( and allot others) I would criticize this move no matter who was in office , it really doesn't matter if it is a Dem or A republican in office , wrong is wrong.

But I do have to wonder if you would be defending GW as hard as you are Obama???

red states rule
04-16-2009, 06:23 AM
and again...can you point to anyone who has ever decided to STOP making more money just because they would move into a higher tax bracket?

We have had a progressive income tax rate structure in America since the dawn of income tax...has that EVER stopped people from wanting to get rich?:lol:

and we saw how great things were undfer Carter and a all liberal Congress

I bet you even voted for Carter in 1980 despite the rotten economy

We are seing the change Obama and the Dems are giving us. Yep, libs love you - up until you make more then $250,000 - then you will be punished for excessive achievement

Of course, Obama's promise that ONLY those making over $250,000 will pay more in taxes went up in smoke last week

moderate democrat
04-16-2009, 06:23 AM
Virgil ya miss understood me, it has nothing to do with it being a liberal democratic president , it has to do with the corruption in the Government, there is nothing done for free for them, they live the life of Riley , the problem for me is Obama telling us to tighten our belt well he is flying in a guy to make his pizza.

See unlike you Virgil ( and allot others) I would criticize this move no matter who was in office , it really doesn't matter if it is a Dem or A republican in office , wrong is wrong.

But I do have to wonder if you would be defending GW as hard as you are Obama???

on the contrary Jeffie, I would be applauding Bush for getting FREE PIZZA.

http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20271608,00.html?xid=rss-topheadlines

The president first tasted Sommers's San Francisco-style pies, served at his St. Louis restaurant Pi, while campaigning in Missouri last fall. An Obama supporter, Sommers offered to deliver a few frozen pies to the president after the election but was told he couldn't send food to the White House because of security concerns.

Instead, Reggie Love, one of the president's closest aides and a fellow fan of Sommers's deep-dish and thin-crust creations, arranged to have the pizza chef bring 20 pounds of dough and 3 gallons of sauce at Sommers's expense to the White House kitchen and cook there Friday."

moderate democrat
04-16-2009, 06:24 AM
and we saw how great things were undfer Carter and a all liberal Congress

I bet you even voted for Carter in 1980 despite the rotten economy

We are seing the change Obama and the Dems are giving us. Yep, libs love you - up until you make more then $250,000 - then you will be punished for excessive achievement

Of course, Obama's promise that ONLY those making over $250,000 will pay more in taxes went up in smoke last week

you, of course, avoided my question. Can you point to ANYONE who STOPPED making money simply because they would be moving to a higher tax bracket?

red states rule
04-16-2009, 06:27 AM

The president first tasted Sommers's San Francisco-style pies, served at his St. Louis restaurant Pi, while campaigning in Missouri last fall. An Obama supporter, Sommers offered to deliver a few frozen pies to the president after the election but was told he couldn't send food to the White House because of security concerns.

Instead, Reggie Love, one of the president's closest aides and a fellow fan of Sommers's deep-dish and thin-crust creations, arranged to have the pizza chef bring 20 pounds of dough and 3 gallons of sauce at Sommers's expense to the White House kitchen and cook there Friday."

I guess Virgil is ignoring a main liberal talking point

As Americans we use 70% of the worlds' resources. We cannot continue to waste resources when we are on the verge of global warming disaster. We all need to conserve so that our planet does not fall victim.

red states rule
04-16-2009, 06:29 AM
you, of course, avoided my question. Can you point to ANYONE who STOPPED making money simply because they would be moving to a higher tax bracket?

I guess only liberal like you would continue to produce wven when more then 50% of your income will be taken away from you by liberals

If you live in heavy tax states like NY or NY the amount could easily exceed 60%

But of course as Obama has shwon with his cabinet picks, most libs do not pay taxes anyway - so that explains your dismissive attitude about happily paying taxes

Jeff
04-16-2009, 06:29 AM

OK Virgil if ya believe that more power to ya, but tell the truth Virgil if that was GW you would be all over this screaming foul, I have to wonder about you, the economy the way it is and you think it is OK to fly a guy in to make pizza , hell they don't have pizza parlor's in DC???

I am starting to think you don't care about this country at all, as long as your man is in office, very patriotic Virgil!!!

red states rule
04-16-2009, 06:30 AM
I am starting to think you don't care about this country at all, as long as your man is in office, very patriotic Virgil!!!

You have a firm grasp on the obvious Jeff

moderate democrat
04-16-2009, 06:32 AM
I guess only liberal like you would continue to produce wven when more then 50% of your income will be taken away from you by liberals

If you live in heavy tax states like NY or NY the amount could easily exceed 60%

But of course as Obama has shwon with his cabinet picks, most libs do not pay taxes anyway - so that explains your dismissive attitude about happily paying taxes

again... try to answer this question:

America has had a progressive income tax structure for a century. Has that EVER stopped people from wanting to make more money? Can you point to anyone who has ever stopped earning money simply because doing so would move them to a higher tax bracket?

Jeff
04-16-2009, 06:34 AM
You have a firm grasp on the obvious Jeff

I can't stand people who will watch the country go down the toilet just cause the guy they liked is in office, Virgil ( and many like him ) ought to move out of this country if that is the way they feel!!

red states rule
04-16-2009, 06:35 AM

America has had a progressive income tax structure for a century. Has that EVER stopped people from wanting to make more money? Can you point to anyone who has ever stopped earning money simply because doing so would move them to a higher tax bracket?

Many times people have not expaned their business, hired people, or simply not worked overtime due to high taxes. Higher taxes removes the incentive to work harder and earn more Virgil

Perhaps if you climbed out of your Ivory Tower once in awhile you would get a better view of the real world

red states rule
04-16-2009, 06:36 AM
I can't stand people who will watch the country go down the toilet just cause the guy they liked is in office, Virgil ( and many like him ) ought to move out of this country if that is the way they feel!!

With Virgil and his buddies, it is all about - and will always be about - PARTY over country

Jeff
04-16-2009, 06:37 AM

Virgil guys that owned 2 trucks have parked one, see if ya have 2 after ya pay the 2nd driver and all the cost of the truck you aren't making all that much more than if ya run one and drive it yourself, so Yes Virgil there are people doing exactly that!

moderate democrat
04-16-2009, 06:39 AM
OK Virgil if ya believe that more power to ya, but tell the truth Virgil if that was GW you would be all over this screaming foul, I have to wonder about you, the economy the way it is and you think it is OK to fly a guy in to make pizza , hell they don't have pizza parlor's in DC???

as I said...Jeffie...if George Bush had been able to talk a pizza maker from St. Louis into flying to DC to serve him pizza at the pizza maker's expense, I would have applauded that. The pizza maker made the wise business decision to get enormous publicity that would significantly boost his business... I think that is a great thing to do... any business that can find a way to distinguish itself from its competition gets kudos from me. Kinda like how Marlboro can get you to buy those THREE packs for the price of two promos. puff puff.:lol: