PDA

View Full Version : musicians, I need help!

dan
04-11-2009, 07:57 PM
So, I recently came into possession of a Yamaha PSR-210. It works great, but the keys are very rigid, like it hasn't been played in a while. Some of them are okay, but some are downright difficult to push down, and the key makes more noise being pushed down than the note actually makes. What can I use to loosen these keys a bit? My first thought was WD-40 or something like that, but I don't want to risk ruining the electronics. Thoughts?

Trinity
04-11-2009, 08:12 PM
So, I recently came into possession of a Yamaha PSR-210. It works great, but the keys are very rigid, like it hasn't been played in a while. Some of them are okay, but some are downright difficult to push down, and the key makes more noise being pushed down than the note actually makes. What can I use to loosen these keys a bit? My first thought was WD-40 or something like that, but I don't want to risk ruining the electronics. Thoughts?

Ship it to my house, let my 10 year old, who is ADHD and loves to drive everyone crazy any way he can, play on it for about a month, and when we send it back the keys will work just as they should. :coffee:

Other then that, sorry I have no clue.

Mr. P
04-11-2009, 08:22 PM

Sounds like someone spilled a coke or two on it, Dan. WD-40 ain't the answer.

That's just a guess..I have a PSR-6 that's 20 yrs old and the keys are fine.

Psychoblues
04-19-2009, 04:20 AM
Holy Moly, dan!!!!!!!!!! I thought you needed some genuine help from a musician?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?! You're just lookin' for some jamm with an electronics geek/nerd/keyboard freak!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you have any trouble getting from ABC to DEFG or any of the sharps, flats, augmented, diminished, suspended 4ths, extended notes, etc., lemme know. Or maybe you're having trouble setting sound, or balancing lights or even choreography?!?!?!?!??!?!?!??! I can do a credible gig on all of that?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

:beer::cheers2::beer:

Psychoblues