PDA

View Full Version : Schumer: The time for traditional values and strong foreign policy has passed

red states rule
04-12-2009, 08:54 AM
A rare instance of honesty from a liberal Dem

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/8JQpKeyN39c&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en&feature=player_embedded&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/8JQpKeyN39c&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en&feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

glockmail
04-12-2009, 09:03 AM
Chuck You has always been honestly disdainful of America.

Kathianne
04-12-2009, 09:08 AM
While a very short clip, I think Schumer is correctly analyzing Obama's domestic and foreign policies. We'll see if the people still agree with that in 4 years, we'll have a pretty good inkling in 2.

red states rule
04-12-2009, 09:10 AM
From the man who admitted on the floor that the stimulus was pork and claimed the American people really don’t care about earmarks.

Kathianne
04-12-2009, 09:12 AM
From the man who admitted on the floor that the stimulus was pork and claimed the American people really don’t care about earmarks.

Yep, he may be one of the most 'truth telling' politicians in DC. ;)

glockmail
04-12-2009, 09:14 AM
Yep, he may be one of the most 'truth telling' politicians in DC. ;) That's because he's the second most arrogant, right after Biden.

Kathianne
04-12-2009, 09:17 AM
That's because he's the second most arrogant, right after Biden.

Dodd? Kennedy? Durbin? There's a plethora to choose from. Then there are the hypocrites on the right, that keep voting on earmarks, raises, etc.

Change may be coming, time will tell.

red states rule
04-12-2009, 09:18 AM
That's because he's the second most arrogant, right after Biden.

Chucky knows he’s set for life thanks to riding on the backs the fools who vote for him over and over again.

He knows that as long as he makes his constituents think that he is their “protector” and he’s smarter than they are, he can say all the dumb crap he wants.

glockmail
04-12-2009, 09:23 AM
Chucky knows he’s set for life thanks to riding on the backs the fools who vote for him over and over again.

He knows that as long as he makes his constituents think that he is their “protector” and he’s smarter than they are, he can say all the dumb crap he wants. That asshole used to be my senator but I voted with my feet. And I did it 11 years before Rush started talking about it.

red states rule
04-12-2009, 09:25 AM
That asshole used to be my senator but I voted with my feet. And I did it 11 years before Rush started talking about it.

and tax revenues for NY are tanking. So what do libs like Chucky do - they keep raising the taxes thinking they will take in more revenue for their welfare programs and free handouts

Kathianne
04-12-2009, 09:28 AM
and tax revenues for NY are tanking. So what do libs like Chucky do - they keep raising the taxes thinking they will take in more revenue for their welfare programs and free handouts

Chuck is Fed, not state. That would be Bloomberg and Patterson, not too mention all the state reps.

red states rule
04-12-2009, 09:29 AM
Chuck is Fed, not state. That would be Bloomberg and Patterson, not too mention all the state reps.

Same principal applies Kat. When Federal taxes are cut revenues rise. For some reason Chucky does not learn from history of falling reveunes when taxes are raised - or increased revenues when taxes are cut

Your point is well taken however

glockmail
04-12-2009, 09:35 AM
Back when I was there it was Cuomo. We had the car loaded up and our furniture in the truck when we went to the polls for the last time to help fire that bastard- then we drove straight to North Carolina.

red states rule
04-12-2009, 09:36 AM
According to Chuckie, what's made America great, her traditional values and beliefs, along with a strong military, are to be jettisoned from our society in favor of more welfare entitlements, social engineering, higher taxes, wealth transfers and forced equality by nanny-state liberalism.

Sounds like a good way to kill off the USA, once and for all.

Is this the change we were promised?

Classact
04-12-2009, 09:46 AM
The hard right likes state rights and limited federal government, believes in traditional values and strong foreign policy/defense and until President Obama convinces the majority to convince the Republicans this is a bad thing there will be no bipartisanship?

He's saying Obama wants total control, doesn't believe in traditional values (so what values does he support?) and will go around the world on his knees giving head if necessary to be pollitically correct.

Obama and the left desire no exploitation of domestic energy nor nuclear energy and want a weak foreign policy... solar and wind will not balance this policy into reality. If you refuse to exploit domestic energy you must have a military capable of exerting power over those controling the energy the nation needs.

Someone needs to ask this guy why only three Republicans agree with Obama and Democrats on major issues in another way... ask him to be the devils advocate and list reasons he thinks Republicans disagree with Obama and Democrats...

Kathianne
04-12-2009, 09:57 AM
According to Chuckie, what's made America great, her traditional values and beliefs, along with a strong military, are to be jettisoned from our society in favor of more welfare entitlements, social engineering, higher taxes, wealth transfers and forced equality by nanny-state liberalism.

Sounds like a good way to kill off the USA, once and for all.

Is this the change we were promised?

While the particulars weren't mentioned, did you ever doubt where he was going?

red states rule
04-12-2009, 10:49 AM
While the particulars weren't mentioned, did you ever doubt where he was going?

Not at all

Schumer's definition of "hard Right"(and with many on the left) is anyone who isn't a registered Democrat, does not agree with them, or didn't vote for Obama.