PDA

View Full Version : DHS targeting "right-wingers" and returning veterans!

KSigMason
04-12-2009, 11:43 PM
I was perusing the news and found this little article.

Homeland Security on guard for 'right-wing extremists'
Returning U.S. military veterans singled out as particular threats

WASHINGTON – A newly unclassified Department of Homeland Security report warns against the possibility of violence by unnamed "right-wing extremists" concerned about illegal immigration, increasing federal power, restrictions on firearms, abortion and the loss of U.S. sovereignty and singles out returning war veterans as particular threats.

Rest of Article (http://www.worldnetdaily.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=94803)
The report seems like a big fear mongering by the DHS.

Here are some exerts of the report (http://images.logicsix.com/DHS_RWE.pdf) that pissed me off:

(U//FOUO) The possible passage of new restrictions on firearms and the return of military veterans facing significant challenges reintegrating into their communities could lead to the potential emergence of terrorist groups or lone wolf extremists capable of carrying out violent attacks.

(U) Rightwing extremism in the United States can be broadly divided into those groups, movements, and adherents that are primarily hate-oriented (based on hatred of particular religious, racial or ethnic groups), and those that are mainly antigovernment, rejecting federal authority in favor of state or local authority, or rejecting government authority entirely. It may include groups and individuals that are dedicated to a single issue, such as opposition to abortion or immigration.

(U//FOUO) Proposed imposition of firearms restrictions and weapons bans likely would attract new members into the ranks of rightwing extremist groups, as well as potentially spur some of them to begin planning and training for violence against the government. The high volume of purchases and stockpiling of weapons and ammunition by rightwing extremists in anticipation of restrictions and bans in some parts of the country continue to be a primary concern to law enforcement.
This would include my entire family and most of my hometown who have been saving up ammo. People are scared of the prices skyrocketing or the supplies depleting.

(U//FOUO) Returning veterans possess combat skills and experience that are attractive to rightwing extremists. DHS/I&A is concerned that rightwing extremists will attempt to recruit and radicalize returning veterans in order to boost their violent capabilities.
So out of the fear of the .gov Veterans are going to have their rights restricted?! The .gov expects us to give our life to our country, but when we return they take away our rights because of some fear of a radical movement? This leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

sgtdmski
04-13-2009, 12:23 AM
Yet, over the past few years, despite the major attack by Timothy McVeigh, the majority of domestic terrorism has been conducted by whom??? Left wing groups. Destroying ski resorts, housing areas, and recreational areas to save the environment or protect an animal.

Perhaps DHS should spend more time focusing on those groups that are committing the crimes and less on those that one day might.

dmk

theHawk
04-14-2009, 06:30 PM
It may include groups and individuals that are dedicated to a single issue, such as opposition to abortion or immigration."

So now if you are an individual that is opposed to abortion, you can be considered a terrorist?

Welcome to the Obamanation.

Is our country perfectly content with allowing the government to take away our rights as individuals?

April15
04-14-2009, 07:17 PM
Report warns of rise of right-wing extremists
Buzz up!
Like this story? Share it with Yahoo! Buzz
Rightwing041409

In a report made public today, the Department of Homeland Security warns that the recession and the election of President Obama are "fueling resurgence" of right-wing extremist groups that are seeking new recruits, especially returning veterans.

The intelligence assessment suggests that veterans make attractive recruits because of "combat skills and experience" that could boost the "violent capabilities" of radical right groups. Further, it says that any possible new restrictions on gun ownership, combined with vets' trouble reintegrating into their communities during a bad economy, "could lead to the potential emergence of terrorist groups or lone wolf extremists capable of carrying out violent attacks." "The high volume of purchases and stockpiling of weapons and ammunition by right-wing extremists in anticipation of restrictions and bans in some parts of the country continue to be a primary concern to law enforcement," the report states.

But DHS "has no specific information that domestic right-wing terrorists are currently planning acts of violence," spokeswoman Sara Kuban told Fox News. The assessment was issued last week to law enforcement. A similar assessment on left-wing groups was issued earlier in the year.

How does DHS define "right-wing extremism'? It writes that it "can be broadly divided into those groups, movements, and adherents that are primarily hate-oriented (based on hatred of particular religious, racial or ethnic groups), and those that are mainly antigovernment, rejecting federal authority in favor of state or local authority, or rejecting government authority entirely. It may include groups and individuals that are dedicated to a single issue, such as opposition to abortion or immigration."

The report has lit up the blogosphere.

One prominent right-wing blogger calls the report a "hit job on conservatives." Others denounce it as "execrable" and "a blatant propaganda effort designed to characterize conservatives as racist, anti-American, dangerous extremists".

Read on for the key findings of the report:

• Threats from white supremacist and violent antigovernment groups during 2009 have been largely rhetorical and have not indicated plans to carry out violent acts. Nevertheless, the consequences of a prolonged economic downturn—including real estate foreclosures, unemployment, and an inability to obtain credit—could create a fertile recruiting environment for right-wing extremists and even result in confrontations between such groups and government authorities similar to those in the past.

• Right-wing extremists have capitalized on the election of the first African American president, and are focusing their efforts to recruit new members, mobilize existing supporters, and broaden their scope and appeal through propaganda, but they have not yet turned to attack planning.

• The current economic and political climate has some similarities to the 1990s when right-wing extremism experienced a resurgence fueled largely by an economic recession, criticism about the outsourcing of jobs, and the perceived threat to U.S. power and sovereignty by other foreign powers.

• During the 1990s, these issues contributed to the growth in the number of domestic right-wing terrorist and extremist groups and an increase in violent acts targeting government facilities, law enforcement officers, banks, and infrastructure sectors.

• Growth of these groups subsided in reaction to increased government scrutiny as a result of the 1995 Oklahoma City bombing and disrupted plots, improvements in as the preeminent world power.

• The possible passage of new restrictions on firearms and the return of military veterans facing significant challenges reintegrating into their communities could lead to the potential emergence of terrorist groups or lone wolf extremists capable of carrying out violent attacks.

• Proposed imposition of firearms restrictions and weapons bans likely would attract new members into the ranks of right-wing extremist groups, as well as potentially spur some of them to begin planning and training for violence against the government. The high volume of purchases and stockpiling of weapons and ammunition by right-wing extremists in anticipation of restrictions and bans in some parts of the country continue to be a primary concern to law enforcement.

• Returning veterans possess combat skills and experience that are attractive to right-wing extremists. DHS/I&A is concerned that right-wing extremists will attempt to recruit and radicalize returning veterans in order to boost their violent capabilities.
Posted by Michael Winter at 07:25 PM/ET, April 14, 2009 in Nation,

04-14-2009, 07:22 PM
Sheesh, lets just hope they dont actually try to apply these ridiculous qualifications for terrorists. Or there is definitely going to be a Civil war.

April15
04-14-2009, 07:37 PM
Sheesh, lets just hope they dont actually try to apply these ridiculous qualifications for terrorists. Or there is definitely going to be a Civil war.The conservatives will start a war soon. I have no doubt. They come by my place they be sorry.

emmett
04-14-2009, 07:47 PM
I don't like Abortion, I believe our Immigration Policy is flawed, I will not surrender my guns (or any other means of self defense) and I think we pay way too much tax.

Am I now an enemy of my country?

(OR)

Am I a stead fast die hard American and an enemy is in charge of my country?

I'm confused.

Trigg
04-15-2009, 11:03 AM
The conservatives will start a war soon. I have no doubt. They come by my place they be sorry.

This "report" is simply fear mongering. They have sited no proof of any "recruiting" happening.

Just look at the words being used "could create", "attempt to recruit", with no basis to back up this report they fall back on the past.

I have to agree with at least one part of the article.

One prominent right-wing blogger calls the report a "hit job on conservatives." Others denounce it as "execrable" and "a blatant propaganda effort designed to characterize conservatives as racist, anti-American, dangerous extremists".

crin63
04-15-2009, 11:28 AM
The conservatives will start a war soon. I have no doubt. They come by my place they be sorry.

Why? Are you going to bore them with Liberal talking points or are you talking about harming Americans?

04-15-2009, 01:35 PM

If the governments going to start attacking/arresting citizens for engaging in free speech, its not really going to matter who starts the violence, its going to get bloody.

Insein
04-15-2009, 11:30 PM
Well lets see this strategy. They propose making veterans returning from combat pay for their own medical bills for damage done DURING combat. Then when these vets get a little ticked off and let them know how they feel by protesting, they lock them up for being terrorists?

What country do I live in anymore?

bullypulpit
04-16-2009, 04:23 AM
<blockquote>While the American Legion and conservative commentators have pounced on a recent Department of Homeland Security report on right-wing extremism, calling it politically motivated and slanderous toward veterans, a 2008 FBI report with similar findings generated little controversy or coverage.

The 2008 report, produced while President Bush was in office and titled “White Supremacist Recruitment of Military Personnel Since 9/11,” found that although veterans don’t make up a large percentage of “white supremacist extremists,” they have taken on leadership roles in the movement. - <a href=http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0409/21300.html>Politico</a></blockquote>

Gosh...I'm surprised y'all missed this:

<center><a href=http://theplumline.whorunsgov.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/04/hsa-leftwing-extremists-increase-in-cyber-attacks-dated-26-january-2009.pdf>Leftwing Extremists Likely to Increase Use of Cyber Attacks over the Coming Decade</a></center>

Or this one, from the Bush administration:

<center><a href=http://www.osti.gov/bridge/servlets/purl/780410-SHVVvq/native/780410.PDF>LEFT-WING EXTREMISM: The Current Threat</a></center>

That y'all on the right are so willing to readily associate yourselves with the likes of the Aryan Nation, the KKK, the Christian identity movement and neo-Nazis shows just how little the conservative movement in this country has to run on. Of course when similar reports were issued by the Bush administration, the only thing heard from y'all on the issue was crickets. Y'all just keep hyperventilating...eventually, you'll pass out.

So, did any of y'all do any "tea-bagging" yesterday?

crin63
04-16-2009, 09:17 AM

<center><a href=http://theplumline.whorunsgov.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/04/hsa-leftwing-extremists-increase-in-cyber-attacks-dated-26-january-2009.pdf>Leftwing Extremists Likely to Increase Use of Cyber Attacks over the Coming Decade</a></center>

<center><a href=http://www.osti.gov/bridge/servlets/purl/780410-SHVVvq/native/780410.PDF>LEFT-WING EXTREMISM: The Current Threat</a></center>

The reason no one on the right made a big deal out those reports is because you guys on left are a constant threat to America. No one from the outside can do as much damage to the USA as you guys do from the inside.

emmett
04-16-2009, 09:27 AM
Did y'all see Janet Napolitano on Fox this morning? She apologized for the statements she made about veterans and the philosophy that they be inclusive in the assumption of interaction with "Right Wing Extremist Groups".

She was stuffing crow in her snout so fast, it really was funny. She was ordered to say that stuff. Ironic it would come the morning after the Tea Parties.

Gaffer
04-17-2009, 08:55 AM
They have listed me as an enemy of the state. All because I'm a Veteran. :salute:

And Napolitano did not apologize, she said she owed an apology. There's a big difference between owing and giving.

It's not the kkk, skinheads and aryan nation the liberals need to worry about. It's the Americans of every race and creed that will take this country back and make it the United States of America again, and not the obamanation it has become.

glockmail
04-17-2009, 09:02 AM
It's very telling that they played the race card so soon. I'm sure that I'm not the only right wing fanatic that's pissed off about this.

Little-Acorn
04-17-2009, 04:43 PM
http://media.townhall.com/Townhall/Car/b/aria09041820090417062003.jpg

Kathianne
04-17-2009, 05:32 PM
<blockquote>While the American Legion and conservative commentators have pounced on a recent Department of Homeland Security report on right-wing extremism, calling it politically motivated and slanderous toward veterans, a 2008 FBI report with similar findings generated little controversy or coverage.

The 2008 report, produced while President Bush was in office and titled “White Supremacist Recruitment of Military Personnel Since 9/11,” found that although veterans don’t make up a large percentage of “white supremacist extremists,” they have taken on leadership roles in the movement. - <a href=http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0409/21300.html>Politico</a></blockquote>

That y'all on the right are so willing to readily associate yourselves with the likes of the Aryan Nation, the KKK, the Christian identity movement and neo-Nazis shows just how little the conservative movement in this country has to run on. Of course when similar reports were issued by the Bush administration, the only thing heard from y'all on the issue was crickets. Y'all just keep hyperventilating...eventually, you'll pass out.

So, did any of y'all do any "tea-bagging" yesterday?

Yep, the 'left' has the brilliant extremists that can stay ahead of the government. The 'right' has the idiots that couldn't go to college and went to Iraq and Afghanistan. Got it.

How the 'police' are to target the 'brilliant'? Whoops. The issues are clearly identified to MO 'the idiots.'

Kathianne
04-17-2009, 05:33 PM
They have listed me as an enemy of the state. All because I'm a Veteran. :salute:

And Napolitano did not apologize, she said she owed an apology. There's a big difference between owing and giving.

It's not the kkk, skinheads and aryan nation the liberals need to worry about. It's the Americans of every race and creed that will take this country back and make it the United States of America again, and not the obamanation it has become.

Vets are dangerous, especially if not radicalized against the previous administration.

Psychoblues
04-19-2009, 05:42 AM
The premise of the allegation is pretty fucked up. Perhaps an education is in order?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!??!

Psychoblues