PDA

View Full Version : Kurtz Acknowledges CNN’s Lack of Tea Party Coverage -- On His CNN Show

red states rule
04-13-2009, 05:38 AM
According to Howie Kurtz of CNN, the reason CNN is NOT reporting the anti tax Tea Parties is bcause Fox News is giving TO MUCH coverage

Kurtz Acknowledges CNN’s Lack of Tea Party Coverage -- On His CNN Show
By Jeff Poor

April 12, 2009 - 19:48 ET

With the Tax Day tea party rallies just three days away, outside of the Fox News Channel, the coverage has been lacking. And, it was something that even Washington Post media columnist and host of CNN's "Reliable Sources" Howard Kurtz acknowledged on his April 12 program.

"The folks at Fox News have found something to be for in this age of Obama," Kurtz said. "They are firmly in favor of tea parties. On Wednesday, that would be April 15th - there will be tax protests around the country on the theme of the original Boston Tea Party. TaxDayTeaParty.com says it was inspired by that rant against President Obama's mortgage aid plan by CNBC's Rick Santelli."

However, Kurtz didn't condemn his network and other networks for lack of coverage - but instead explored the notion that Fox News was giving it too much coverage.

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/jeff-poor/2009/04/12/kurtz-acknowledges-cnn-s-lack-tea-party-coverage-his-cnn-show

sgtdmski
04-14-2009, 08:31 AM
Let's see Fox covers the Tea Parties and the other networks are not, of course Fox is giving it too much coverage.

The only thing you hear from the left is outrage Op-Eds about how people who attend include people who believe that Obama is foreign born. Yeah, Krugman, what a frakking joke. Can he be any more biased? And the NY Times wonders why it is going Bankrupt.

dmk

red states rule
04-14-2009, 08:33 AM
Let's see Fox covers the Tea Parties and the other networks are not, of course Fox is giving it too much coverage.

The only thing you hear from the left is outrage Op-Eds about how people who attend include people who believe that Obama is foreign born. Yeah, Krugman, what a frakking joke. Can he be any more biased? And the NY Times wonders why it is going Bankrupt.

dmk

Of course we all know why liberals do mind raising taxes - they do not intend to pay them

http://thecommunityorganizer.net/images/cabinet-nominees-sac0205cd.jpg

Monkeybone
04-14-2009, 09:49 AM
Some of the reasons that i have heard for the lack of coverage is that the protest mean nothing. if you (the people) all wanted to show your anger, then you should've protested before the stimulus and everything was passed. since the protest are taking place after, then it is just whining, hence no need to wasted news time on it.

emmett
04-14-2009, 10:27 AM
Why would the US Government News Agency be covering Tea Parties?

Monkeybone
04-14-2009, 11:38 AM
If they didn't cover it, oh well. just because you ignore something doesn't mean that it ceases to exsist. what would irk me is that if they give a lot of coverage to the ACORN groups supporting the budget.

sgtdmski
04-15-2009, 01:50 AM
Some of the reasons that i have heard for the lack of coverage is that the protest mean nothing. if you (the people) all wanted to show your anger, then you should've protested before the stimulus and everything was passed. since the protest are taking place after, then it is just whining, hence no need to wasted news time on it.

So let me see....correct me if I am wrong, but did not the Congress pass a bill allowing then President Bush to use any means including force against Iraq. So that means that all the news coverage of the anti-War protests was bogus. The bill had already passed so it wasn't newsworthy so therefore the news wasted my time airing coverage of the whining.

dmk

red states rule
04-15-2009, 06:19 AM
Why would the US Government News Agency be covering Tea Parties?

I would like to see any reporter ask Pres Obama this question:

"Mr. President. It appears that a large group of American's who oppose your recent economic policies are planning to gather together in one of the largest peaceful protests of federal government policy in the country's history.

What is your response to these plans and what would you tell these people?"

red states rule
04-15-2009, 07:47 AM
and once again, the official Obama network - MSNBC - gave their typical objective report of the Tea Bag parties

<object width="518" height="419"><param name="movie" value="http://www.eyeblast.tv/public/eyeblast.swf?v=ydSU6UaGaG" /><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true" /><embed src="http://www.eyeblast.tv/public/eyeblast.swf?v=ydSU6UaGaG" allowfullscreen="true" width="518" height="419" /></object>