PDA

View Full Version : JUDGES: Franken Winner Of Senate Race

Psychoblues
04-14-2009, 01:04 AM
Lot's of cheese to go with the whining in Minnesota tonight!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank God Wisconsin is a close neighbor!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ST. PAUL, Minn. (AP)

Minnesota court confirmed Monday that Democrat Al Franken won the most votes in his 2008 Senate race against Republican Norm Coleman.

The ruling isn't expected to be the final word because Coleman immediately announced plans to appeal to the state Supreme Court. He has 10 days to do so. That appeal could mean weeks more delay in seating Minnesota's second senator.

"It's time that Minnesota like every other state have two" senators, a jovial Franken said outside his Minneapolis town home with his wife, Franni, at his side. "I would call on Senator Coleman to allow me to get to work for the people of Minnesota as soon as possible."

After a statewide recount and seven-week trial, Franken stands 312 votes ahead. Franken actually gained more votes from the election challenge than Coleman, the candidate who brought it.

More: http://kstp.com/news/stories/S877958.shtml?cat=1

:beer::cheers2::beer:

Psychoblues

PostmodernProphet
04-14-2009, 06:50 AM
every method of counting ballots has a margin of error......two out of the three recounts, Coleman had more votes....even though this recount is also within the margin of error, the third one seems to control the outcome.......

04-14-2009, 03:57 PM
Maybe the voters should decide who wins...

moderate democrat
04-14-2009, 05:20 PM

they did...and according to the judges who reviewed the counting, Franken wins.

theHawk
04-14-2009, 06:08 PM
Its just going to get repealed and sent up to the Feds sooner or later.

Yurt
04-14-2009, 06:58 PM

they did...and according to the judges who reviewed the counting, Franken wins.

:lol:

they did, but wait, the judges said franken wins....

funniest post i've read all day

let coleman take it to the state supreme court to make sure all the votes get counted, the app. ct. threw out numerous votes, if he loses at the top, then franken can be declared the winner per the law.

emmett
04-14-2009, 07:18 PM
That Senate race is the biggest croc of shit I have ever seen.

Waste of taxpayer dollars, all the fighting and court stuff. Let the people vote!

AND....

don't tell me third parties don't influence elections anymore Crin! LOL