PDA

View Full Version : Homeland Security Warns of Rise in Right-Wing Extremism

red states rule
04-15-2009, 08:15 AM
The campaign to marginalize and brand anyone that disagrees with the policies of this administration is NOT surprising

This is how liberals operate. Shut down, attack, and silence anyone who speaks out against Obama

Are we getting under their thin skin?

Homeland Security Warns of Rise in Right-Wing Extremism

An intelligence assessment released to law enforcement last week claims news of recession, the election of an African American president, rumors of new gun restrictions and the inability of veterans to reintegrate create fertile ground for radicalizing and recruiting right-wing extremists.

FOXNews.com

The Department of Homeland Security is warning law enforcement agencies that recent news is helping "right-wing extremist groups" recruit new members and could lead to violence, and warns about the possible recruitment and radicalization of returning veterans.

The report, issued last week, is part of an ongoing review of extremists on both ends of the political spectrum.

The latest assessment by DHS' Office of Intelligence and Analysis found no specific information that domestic right-wing terrorists are currently planning acts of violence, but right-wing extremists may be gaining new recruits by playing on fears about the recession and the election of the first African American president. The office called them "unique drivers for right-wing radicalization and recruitment."

"Right-wing extremists have capitalized on the election of the first African American president, and are focusing their efforts to recruit new members, mobilize existing supporters and broaden their scope and appeal through propaganda, but they have not yet turned to attack planning," the assessment reads.

"The current economic and political climate has some similarities to the 1990s when right-wing extremism experienced a resurgence fueled largely by an economic recession, criticism about the outsourcing of jobs and the perceived threat to U.S. power and sovereignty by other foreign powers.," it continues.

The report also suggests that returning veterans are attractive recruits for right-wing groups looking for "combat skills and experience" so as to boost their "violent capabilities." It adds that new restrictions on gun ownership and the difficulty of veterans to reintegrate into their communities "could lead to the potential emergence of terrorist groups or lone wolf extremists capable of carrying out violent attacks."

"Proposed imposition of firearms restrictions and weapons bans likely would attract new members into the ranks of right-wing extremist groups ... The high volume of purchases and stockpiling of weapons and ammunition by right-wing extremists in anticipation of restrictions and bans in some parts of the country continue to be a primary concern to law enforcement," the report says.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/first100days/2009/04/14/homeland-security-warns-rise-right-wing-extremism/

moderate democrat
04-15-2009, 08:29 AM
this is just a further indication of how out of touch and marginalized the right wing has become. you guys really are out there in the wilderness.

red states rule
04-15-2009, 08:32 AM
this is just a further indication of how out of touch and marginalized the right wing has become. you guys really are out there in the wilderness.

Utterly pathetic. Just questioning government authority in one respect is considered extremism bordering on terrorism.

Funny how this government is more willing to refer to conservatives as terrorists than it is AQ or the Taliban.

Monkeybone
04-15-2009, 08:39 AM

lol. the crazy ones that this kinda report is talking about are already out in the wilderness. literally. Except the few that do have internet access and make us scratch or shake our heads.

red states rule
04-15-2009, 08:41 AM
lol. the crazy ones that this kinda report is talking about are already out in the wilderness. literally. Except the few that do have internet access and make us scratch or shake our heads.

The timing is worrisome. We heard that there will be ACORN nuts at the Tea Parties. Will they act as agents for DHS and start fights in front of the cameras? And give the DHS an excuse to start listing the Tea Party committees as organizations of interest due to connections with suspected domestic terrorists?

moderate democrat
04-15-2009, 09:02 AM
The timing is worrisome. We heard that there will be ACORN nuts at the Tea Parties. Will they act as agents for DHS and start fights in front of the cameras? And give the DHS an excuse to start listing the Tea Party committees as organizations of interest due to connections with suspected domestic terrorists?

gosh... I guess you'd better hope that none of your rightwingnuts attending the tea party get violent, huh?

red states rule
04-15-2009, 09:04 AM
gosh... I guess you'd better hope that none of your rightwingnuts attending the tea party get violent, huh?

You mean like your liberal anti war/pro terrorists liberals?

Opposition to abortion... is the Catholic Church an extremist group I wonder?

What does 'branding' mean? I wonder if we will have to wear armbands?

A 5-pointed yellow star, perhaps?

PostmodernProphet
04-15-2009, 09:14 AM
as I was driving to work this morning listening to the news, this was one of the lead stories.....followed by the report that some animal rights activist had written a death threat to a police officer who shot and killed a loose buffalo roaming the streets of St. Joseph yesterday......yeah, it's the right wing extremists who are the threat.....

red states rule
04-15-2009, 09:15 AM
as I was driving to work this morning listening to the news, this was one of the lead stories.....followed by the report that some animal rights activist had written a death threat to a police officer who shot and killed a loose buffalo roaming the streets of St. Joseph yesterday......yeah, it's the right wing extremists who are the threat.....

Apparently, terrorists are anyone who voices opposition to Democratic party policies.

moderate democrat
04-15-2009, 09:19 AM
You mean like your liberal anti war/pro terrorists liberals?

Opposition to abortion... is the Catholic Church an extremist group I wonder?

What does 'branding' mean? I wonder if we will have to wear armbands?

A 5-pointed yellow star, perhaps?

if the right wing nuts get violent, then DHS will indeed start watching them closely... I am sure you don't want that to happen... you'd better tell your buddies to play nice today.

red states rule
04-15-2009, 09:22 AM
if the right wing nuts get violent, then DHS will indeed start watching them closely... I am sure you don't want that to happen... you'd better tell your buddies to play nice today.

I can see you Virgil, taking names and writing down license plate numbers at a Maine Tea Party and sending the info to DHS

Have to silence these people. Can't tolerate anyone speaking out against the Chosen One

I find it ironic that liberals level a threat assessment again so-called right wingers when it is the liberals that riot and destroys property.

moderate democrat
04-15-2009, 09:23 AM
I can see you Virgil, taking names and writing down license plate numbers at a Maine Tea Party and sending the info to DHS

Have to silence these people. Can't tolerate anyone speaking out against the Chosen One

I find it ironic that liberals level a threat assessment again so-called right wingers when it is the liberals that riot and destroys property.

I live in Iowa and will be nowhere near any demonstrations today.... you guys could get violent.

red states rule
04-15-2009, 09:24 AM
I live in Iowa and will be nowhere near any demonstrations today.... you guys could get violent.

You live in Agusta, and it is usually liberal groups that smash store windows and burn down homes

Monkeybone
04-15-2009, 09:41 AM

actually the lefties are the ones that trash things and get violent. most of the time.

crin63
04-15-2009, 09:44 AM
Wasn't it the homo's in California who got violent over prop 8? They were out terrorizing churches, neighborhoods and little old ladies with signs. HMMM, DHS was silent on that.

moderate democrat
04-15-2009, 09:45 AM
You live in Agusta, and it is usually liberal groups that smash store windows and burn down homes

I do not live in Agusta... I live in Iowa... and I don't think that liberals will be getting violent at any teaparties today, do you?

red states rule
04-15-2009, 09:45 AM
Wasn't it the homo's in California who got violent over prop 8? They were out terrorizing churches, neighborhoods and little old ladies with signs. HMMM, DHS was silent on that.

or ELF burning homes to the ground?

moderate democrat
04-15-2009, 09:49 AM

my guess is, DHS in the Obama administration won't view those sorts of violent acts any differently than violence from the right.

red states rule
04-15-2009, 09:52 AM
my guess is, DHS in the Obama administration won't view those sorts of violent acts any differently than violence from the right.

Yet in the spirit of liberal bipartisanship, only the right is targeted by the Obama administration

How dare the right speak out against Obama policies!!!!!

moderate democrat
04-15-2009, 09:54 AM
Yet in the spirit of liberal bipartisanship, only the right is targeted by the Obama administration

How dare the right speak out against Obama policies!!!!!

how do you know that DHS is not targeting liberal extremists in America?

red states rule
04-15-2009, 09:55 AM

They are

Obama is giving $5 billion of taxpayer money to ACORN for his reelection campaign

and letting them take the count for US Census

crin63
04-15-2009, 09:55 AM

What right-wing violence would that be?

red states rule
04-15-2009, 09:57 AM

Speaking out against Obama

Attending Tea Parties

Writing less then glowing letter to your local nespaper

Watching Fox News

Listening to conservative talk radio

Just to name a few

moderate democrat
04-15-2009, 10:01 AM

operation rescue comes to mind...or do you think that killing abortion doctors is NON-violent? and, the subject of this thread was that DHS would use any tea party violence as rationale for keeping tabs on right wing extremist groups.

crin63
04-15-2009, 10:14 AM
operation rescue comes to mind...or do you think that killing abortion doctors is NON-violent? and, the subject of this thread was that DHS would use any tea party violence as rationale for keeping tabs on right wing extremist groups.

No one should kill someone randomly even abortion doctors.

moderate democrat
04-15-2009, 10:22 AM
Killing abortion doctors would be wrong

and violent.

my point...

PostmodernProphet
04-15-2009, 11:02 AM
operation rescue comes to mind...or do you think that killing abortion doctors is NON-violent?

first, operation rescue was not involved in killing abortion doctors.....about a half dozen individuals were, and they are all in jail......why do you think that's comparable?......

Trigg
04-15-2009, 11:14 AM
I do not live in Agusta... I live in Iowa... and I don't think that liberals will be getting violent at any teaparties today, do you?

This is the mistake you and the MSM are making. This isn't a conservative movement. These are ordinary people, who have probably never protested in their lives, who are sick of the gov. spending WAY TO MUCH.....

Bush started it with the stimulus package and bambam is continuing it with the trillion dollar bailout.

I'm sure the MSM are rubbing their hands together in glee at the thought of these gathering getting violent. But, IMHO they just won't go down that road.

The one in my town is on Sat. I'm taking both of my children, to show them that the PEOPLE do have a voice in this gov. (or at least they're supposed to).

emmett
04-15-2009, 11:25 AM
ADDENDUM...............BUELLETON.................A TTENTION

The list of right wing extremists has been modified to include:

Young children who refuse to say Happy Holidays instead of Merry Christmas.

People who do not order "Save the Whales" from Barnes & Noble.

Anyone who has ever mumbled a negative comment about Al Gore's "An Inconvenient Truth"

Owners of message boards who knowingly and willingly allow Libertarians to be on their staff!

Trigg
04-15-2009, 11:26 AM

There is also a report from Homeland Security on left-wing extremists. Although, typical of the liberal media, only the right-wing extremist report is being talked about.

Seems "you guys" are also out there in the wilderness and out of touch. :laugh2:

http://www.foxnews.com/projects/pdf/Leftwing_Extremist_Threat.pdf

crin63
04-15-2009, 11:31 AM
There is also a report from Homeland Security on left-wing extremists. Although, typical of the liberal media, only the right-wing extremist report is being talked about.

Seems "you guys" are also out there in the wilderness and out of touch. :laugh2:

We always knew the left was out of touch, with reality!

emmett
04-15-2009, 11:59 AM
There once was a left ran Department of Homeland Security
Who hated fundamental America and threatened its purity,
While stupidly meandering down this aimless path
They pissed off the righties and soon felt their wrath
Which left everyone searching frantically for any surety.

Trigg
04-15-2009, 12:05 PM

I gotta wonder why "moderate" democrate felt the need to leave the conversation as soon as it was pointed out that there was a report on left-wing extremists.

Does he just not want to face the fact, that there are loonies on his side of the aisle????????????????

moderate democrat
04-15-2009, 12:11 PM

I have NEVER said that there were not left wing extremist organizations... it was RSR that implied that only the right was being targeted by DHS. I fully acknowledge that there are crazies on both sides.... the problem that republicans face is that they are in the distinct minority and any publicity that involves violence at any of these tea parties will further marginalize them in the eyes of the public.

moderate democrat
04-15-2009, 12:12 PM
I gotta wonder why "moderate" democrate felt the need to leave the conversation as soon as it was pointed out that there was a report on left-wing extremists.

Does he just not want to face the fact, that there are loonies on his side of the aisle????????????????

I was not online. you can quit wondering

Trigg
04-15-2009, 12:19 PM
I have NEVER said that there were not left wing extremist organizations... it was RSR that implied that only the right was being targeted by DHS. I fully acknowledge that there are crazies on both sides.... the problem that republicans face is that they are in the distinct minority and any publicity that involves violence at any of these tea parties will further marginalize them in the eyes of the public.

The report was completely ignored by the media, it would seem they want everyone to THINK there are only right-wing extremists, and libs like you are happy to embrace that myth.

Once again, the tea parties have nothing to do with political parties. MSNBC would LOVE for people like you to believe this and it seems to be working.

Maybe you should flip over to FOX and watch them interview the libs in the crowd.

Sadly, for CNBC and MSNBC, there is no violence. Only peaceful people showing their disgust for a gov. that is spending to much of our hard earned money. Both libs and conservatives that have had enough and are out in force today.

moderate democrat
04-15-2009, 12:21 PM
The report was completely ignored by the media, it would seem they want everyone to THINK there are only right-wing extremists, and libs like you are happy to embrace that myth.

Once again, the tea parties have nothing to do with political parties. MSNBC would LOVE for people like you to believe this and it seems to be working.

Maybe you should flip over to FOX and watch them interview the libs in the crowd.

Sadly, for CNBC and MSNBC, there is no violence. Only peaceful people showing their disgust for a gov. that is spending to much of our hard earned money. Both libs and conservatives that have had enough and are out in force today.

the post from me that you quoted makes it quite clear that I do NOT "embrace that myth". learn to read.

Trigg
04-15-2009, 12:24 PM
the post from me that you quoted makes it quite clear that I do NOT "embrace that myth". learn to read.

Of course you waited until AFTER the post about the left-wing extremists to make that distinction.

Typical :lame2:

Nukeman
04-15-2009, 12:25 PM
I have NEVER said that there were not left wing extremist organizations... it was RSR that implied that only the right was being targeted by DHS. I fully acknowledge that there are crazies on both sides.... the problem that republicans face is that they are in the distinct minority and any publicity that involves violence at any of these tea parties will further marginalize them in the eyes of the public.Your kidding right!!!!!!!! in the minority??????? What a f***king joke. Obama won by a VERY SMALL margin of votes that hardly makes the republicans a "distinct minority". what it tells me is that the Dems have a lot of selfish people that ONLY want to vote someone in who will GIVE them things.

Most of the violent protest have been at the hands of self proclaimed liberals. Most conservative by their nature can not afford to be arrested since they actually have to.... you know....... WORK for a living to support you and your lazy ass liberals.......

It is said a "democracy" only last until the population realizes that they can vote in people who will give them things. Well guess what MD you are getting exactly what you want. what the hell are you going to do when there is no one left to actually work but we are just receipients of "government money"??????

look at California right now. The "earners" are leaving but the "takers" are staying in droves and the state is..........BANCRUPT..... Is this really what YOU want for the rest of the country???????

moderate democrat
04-15-2009, 12:27 PM
Your kidding right!!!!!!!! in the minority??????? What a fucking joke. Obama won by a VERY SMALL margin of votes that hardly makes the republicans a "distinct minority".

count heads in congress...

moderate democrat
04-15-2009, 12:29 PM
Of course you waited until AFTER the post about the left-wing extremists to make that distinction.

Typical :lame2:

read post #20 MORON

Nukeman
04-15-2009, 12:29 PM
count heads in congress...

We will see if your singing that same tune in 4 years....

That means jack shit...... and you know it. that is in NO WAY indicitive of the number of republicans vs the number of democrats in the country and if you feel that is your a bigger idiot than I ever gave you credit for......

Most of us DO NOT VOTE PARTY LINE like you dems...........

Nukeman
04-15-2009, 12:31 PM

Only by watching FOX, you sure as hell wouldn't know it by watching MSNBC or CNN now would you???????????????????? Moron.............

Monkeybone
04-15-2009, 12:32 PM
Your kidding right!!!!!!!! in the minority??????? What a f***king joke. Obama won by a VERY SMALL margin of votes that hardly makes the republicans a "distinct minority". what it tells me is that the Dems have a lot of selfish people that ONLY want to vote someone in who will GIVE them things.
that might be a main focus right there that you cut out. they figured that he would give them what they 'deserved' or for certain reasons.

count heads in congress... one of the reasons of the head count is becasue of the spending and what not, which i could inderstnd why they voted that way and "Repubs" (term used lightly) were replaced. only to show that it didn't make much of a difference. not becasue we are a minority. at least imo. i am wrong most of the time.

moderate democrat
04-15-2009, 01:14 PM
We will see if your singing that same tune in 4 years....

That means jack shit...... and you know it. that is in NO WAY indicitive of the number of republicans vs the number of democrats in the country and if you feel that is your a bigger idiot than I ever gave you credit for......

Most of us DO NOT VOTE PARTY LINE like you dems...........

http://www.gallup.com/poll/113947/Democrats-2008-Advantage-Party-Largest.aspx

moderate democrat
04-15-2009, 01:15 PM
Only by watching FOX, you sure as hell wouldn't know it by watching MSNBC or CNN now would you???????????????????? Moron.............

I knew it and I said so.... moron. I get my news from all over the place.

Nukeman
04-15-2009, 01:18 PM
http://www.gallup.com/poll/113947/Democrats-2008-Advantage-Party-Largest.aspx

Like I said WE WILL SEE if that holds true in 4-6 years!!!!!!!

Nukeman
04-15-2009, 01:20 PM
I knew it and I said so.... moron. I get my news from all over the place.I doubt that MORON!!!!!! You sound more like a CNN relay monkey to me....... :lol:

Most Dems only listen to one source for their news.......... Ohhh wait it really doesn't matter with our news systems since the vast majority of them are liberal in nature so you go ahead and listen to as many sources as you want chances are they are all SAYING THE SAME THING

moderate democrat
04-15-2009, 01:28 PM
I doubt that MORON!!!!!! You sound more like a CNN relay monkey to me....... :lol:

Most Dems only listen to one source for their news.......... Ohhh wait it really doesn't matter with our news systems since the vast majority of them are liberal in nature so you go ahead and listen to as many sources as you want chances are they are all SAYING THE SAME THING

doubt all you want... I could care less what you think... I know that I get my news from a wide range of sources... and having you believe me is about as valuable to me as a bucket of warm spit. comprendez?

moderate democrat
04-15-2009, 01:29 PM
Like I said WE WILL SEE if that holds true in 4-6 years!!!!!!!

we will. but as of right NOW, I was right and you were wrong. sorry sucker.

Yurt
04-15-2009, 01:57 PM
please point out where the media is talking about left wing extremism...so far the MSM is talking only about the right wing...

Trigg
04-15-2009, 02:30 PM
please point out where the media is talking about left wing extremism...so far the MSM is talking only about the right wing...

Fox made a small reference to the left-wing extremists report earlier today. Libs always condemn Fox as a news source, but they seem to be the only ones actually reporting BOTH sides of the issues.

Yurt
04-15-2009, 03:33 PM
Fox made a small reference to the left-wing extremists report earlier today. Libs always condemn Fox as a news source, but they seem to be the only ones actually reporting BOTH sides of the issues.

thanks. i thought someone made the claim that homeland security also talked about left wing extremism...and i just wanted to verify that the media, overall, ignored that and pounced on only alleged right wing extremism. typical of obama's 3rd reich....goebbels would be proud

moderate democrat
04-16-2009, 05:57 AM
thanks. i thought someone made the claim that homeland security also talked about left wing extremism...and i just wanted to verify that the media, overall, ignored that and pounced on only alleged right wing extremism. typical of obama's 3rd reich....goebbels would be proud

my "claim" had nothing to do about who DHS was "talking" about...but rather, I wondered how people could say that DHS was not keeping tabs on left wing extremists simply on the basis of press releases.

PostmodernProphet
04-16-2009, 06:12 AM
...but rather, I wondered how people could say that DHS was not keeping tabs on left wing extremists simply on the basis of press releases.

I believe you've turned the question upside down......the issue is the lack of news coverage, not the lack of keeping tabs......

red states rule
04-16-2009, 06:13 AM
my "claim" had nothing to do about who DHS was "talking" about...but rather, I wondered how people could say that DHS was not keeping tabs on left wing extremists simply on the basis of press releases.

Welcome to "Dancing With the Democrats" :laugh2: Virgil will now do his version of the Liberal 2 Step :laugh2: