PDA

View Full Version : Tax Day Coverage

Trigg
04-15-2009, 11:09 AM
I've been watching Fox and MSNBC's coverage of the tea parties going on around the country.

I find that FOX is reporting this as a serious effort by average Americans to get their voices heard. They are interviewing people who are just sick and tired of the spending going on in the gov. People are saying they are libs and conservatives and that this movement has no party. In fact one guy said it started with Bush (I agree) and Obama is continuing the free spending ways.

I have to agree since the one scheduled here is being organized by a black Democrat.

MSNBC however, is laughing it off as an "AstroTurf" movement run by the GOP, in other words fake. There are 500 of these around the country just today and more scheduled over the next few weekends.

If the liberal MSM doesn't take this seriously I think they're going to be surprised in the next few elections when things don't go their way.

People are tired of the gov. bailing out companies and individuals and burying us under a mountain of debt.

Trigg
04-15-2009, 03:29 PM
Anderson Cooper, instead of reporting the tea parties, is simply making fun of them.

His comment on them "it's hard to talk when your tea bagging". Do we really need disgusting sexual referrences at this time. What ever happened to real reporting.

This is a HUGE event and the MSM is laughing it off. I hope this blows up in their face. What a professional, pathetic.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I64Ed5iLu4M

Kathianne
04-15-2009, 06:08 PM
Has MSNBC been on the right side of any breaking movements since the OJ trial? :laugh2:

Little-Acorn
04-15-2009, 06:14 PM
Anybody seen the coverage (if any) of Tea Parties by ABC, CBS, NBC etc.?

Can you describe how each network is choosing to report it?

Which ones call it a legitimate, meaningful protest? Which ones accurately report the number of people there, hwo violent they are or aren't, how friendly the are or aren't etc.?

And which ones automatically deride it, act surprised, try to smear the people who are there etc.?

sgtdmski
04-16-2009, 07:27 AM
Anderson Cooper, instead of reporting the tea parties, is simply making fun of them.

His comment on them "it's hard to talk when your tea bagging". Do we really need disgusting sexual referrences at this time. What ever happened to real reporting.

This is a HUGE event and the MSM is laughing it off. I hope this blows up in their face. What a professional, pathetic.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I64Ed5iLu4M

Sort of Makes you Wonder if Anderson Cooper is a closet homosexual. He seems to know so much about tea bagging, I wonder if he has been the one with the worse view?

dmk

sgtdmski
04-16-2009, 08:04 AM
In 500 cities accross the country, in someplaces dozens showed, others hundreds and in quite a few thousands showed to protest the spending being done by the government in their name.

Unlike protests against the War in Iraq, the WTO, or th recent G20 meetings, no windows were broken, no property was destroyed, and no injuries from the police having to control the protestors was reported anywhere.

Instead, people spoke their mind, cheered, laughed, and joined together in song, and some case prayer, but all in all, people made new friends and joined together to feel as if they had done something.

While the main stream media sat in the cushy chairs, in their offices in NY, and LA, and ridiculed and ignored the protests, Fox news had personalities throughout the country joining with the people. Reports say that the total number in attendance throughout the country was somewhere around 250,000 people. Using, liberal math that would mean that actually 5 million people attending these protests yesterday.

Looking at the NY Times front page, you would not know that any protests occurred anywhere in this country. No mention anywhere within its pages. And the NY Times wonders why they are going bankrupt. Once the Paper of Record, today the NY Times is nothing more than a paper tiger, without either a big roar, or a big readership. I for one, look forward to the day it either changes its ways, or fades off into history, in either case, nothing much will have been lost.

Complaints were raised that Fox news was funding these protests, and that was the reason that they were covering them. The right unlike the left who many of their supposed main stream sites which are funded by George Soros, funds itself. Most protests were run on a shoe string budget, with people bringing their own signs, food, and drinks, which they shared with anybody who attended. How do I know, I attended a small tea party, only about 300 people, but then I am in a small town, population 14,000.

The one consistent thing, this is not a democrat issue, this is not a republican issue, this is about the government and the failure of our elected officials to do what is right, and not what they want. People are mad at both Democrat and Republican politicians, and I think that it is time that we the people decide to vote out every incumbent who has voted to spend our money, our children's money and our grandchildren's money.

dmk