PDA

View Full Version : ABC: Obama 'Unaware of Tea Parties'

red states rule
04-16-2009, 06:38 AM
This is just a spun way of saying that Obama simply does not care what America has to say.

The know-all, see-all, president does not know about these tea parties.

And what kind of tea-party will Obama be having? Tea flown in from the UK to go along with his Pizza flown in from MO?

ABC: Obama 'Unaware of Tea Parties'
White House out of touch with 'cultural phenomenon' of tax day protests.

Maybe he just doesn’t know that there are people who disagree with his massive tax and spend agenda. That would explain a lot. Perhaps the network media’s near silence on the “tea party” phenomenon has kept President Obama from realizing that hundreds of tax day protests will happen today?

“The White House says the president is unaware of the tea parties and will hold his own event today,” ABC’s Dan Harris said on “Good Morning America” on April 15.

Harris’s story was the first ABC News report specifically about the tea parties since Rick Santelli’s of CNBC’s famous rant calling for a Chicago Tea Party back in February. CNBC’s Joe Kernen referred to Santelli’s impact on spurring the tea parties as a “cultural phenomenon.”

Santelli reacted on April 15 to the hundreds of protests scheduled for tax day around the country saying “I’m pretty proud of this.”

NBC also addressed the tea parties in passing on April 15 “Today.” Chuck Todd dismissed the protests as “so-called” tea parties and said “the idea hasn’t really caught on.”

red states rule
04-16-2009, 06:52 AM
and how did the liberal media cover the Tea Parties? How did they treat people who spoke out against higher taxes and higher government spending?

ABC, CBS and NBC Try to Discredit 'Tea Party' Protests
By Brent Baker (Bio | Archive)
April 16, 2009 - 03:22 ET

The broadcast network evening newscasts on Wednesday provided prominent coverage of the “Tea Party” rallies across the nation with time for the views of participants, but they tried to discredit the protests as a front for “corporate interests” or a “fistful of rightward leaning Web sites” -- a concern for motives and hidden agendas the same programs lacked when championing the 2006 pro-illegal immigrant marches. All three also cited polls to undermine the premise the public shares the concerns on taxes and spending espoused by the “tea party” protesters.

“Cheered on by Fox News and talk radio, the hundreds of tea parties today were designed to protest the bailouts, the stimulus plan, and President Obama's budget,” Dan Harris explained on ABC before asserting: “But critics on the left say this is not a real grassroots phenomenon at all, that it's actually largely orchestrated by people fronting for corporate interests.” Harris proceeded to argue that “while the Boston Tea Party in 1773 was about taxation without representation, critics point out that today's protesters did get to vote -- they just lost. What's more, polls show most Americans don't feel overtaxed.”

CBS's Dean Reynolds noted a tea party organizer “insisted these events were non-partisan,” but, Reynolds maintained as if it were an embarrassment, “a fistful of rightward leaning Web sites and commentators embraced the cause.” Reynolds stressed how “it's important to keep in mind that fresh polling indicates there is not all that much passion about high taxes in the country at large right now. Gallup this week found 61 percent of Americans see their federal income taxes as fair.” (What percent surveyed even pay income taxes?)

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/brent-baker/2009/04/16/abc-cbs-nbc-try-discredit-tea-party-protests

Jeff
04-16-2009, 07:56 AM
This is just a spun way of saying that Obama simply does not care what America has to say.

The know-all, see-all, president does not know about these tea parties.

And what kind of tea-party will Obama be having? Tea flown in from the UK to go along with his Pizza flown in from MO?

ABC: Obama 'Unaware of Tea Parties'
White House out of touch with 'cultural phenomenon' of tax day protests.

Maybe he just doesn’t know that there are people who disagree with his massive tax and spend agenda. That would explain a lot. Perhaps the network media’s near silence on the “tea party” phenomenon has kept President Obama from realizing that hundreds of tax day protests will happen today?

“The White House says the president is unaware of the tea parties and will hold his own event today,” ABC’s Dan Harris said on “Good Morning America” on April 15.

Harris’s story was the first ABC News report specifically about the tea parties since Rick Santelli’s of CNBC’s famous rant calling for a Chicago Tea Party back in February. CNBC’s Joe Kernen referred to Santelli’s impact on spurring the tea parties as a “cultural phenomenon.”

Santelli reacted on April 15 to the hundreds of protests scheduled for tax day around the country saying “I’m pretty proud of this.”

NBC also addressed the tea parties in passing on April 15 “Today.” Chuck Todd dismissed the protests as “so-called” tea parties and said “the idea hasn’t really caught on.”

Simply put RSR "we won , get over it",

Monkeybone
04-16-2009, 08:02 AM
some were critizing them because they weren't spontaneous. oh...sorry. Guess they should make the hippie protesting manuel avaible for all to read, that way they would've known that you can't plan something. you just have to wake up one morning and do it. like you don't have a job or something.

and nicely put Jeff

PostmodernProphet
04-16-2009, 09:04 AM
Gallup this week found 61 percent of Americans see their federal income taxes as fair.”

which obviously includes the 50% that don't pay federal income taxes.....

glockmail
04-16-2009, 09:36 AM
So how many folks protested. I'm estimating 2300 parties at an average of 1000 protesters each, or 2.3 million. That's about 6 times more than showed up for the Million Man March.

PostmodernProphet
04-16-2009, 05:11 PM
So how many folks protested. I'm estimating 2300 parties at an average of 1000 protesters each, or 2.3 million. That's about 6 times more than showed up for the Million Man March.

the highest number I have heard so far was around 900 parties....where did you get the 2300?.....

5stringJeff
04-16-2009, 06:32 PM
Taking a conservative estimate, 800 parties (the number I heard on the news) with an average of 1500 each is 1.2 million. That's still over a million.

glockmail
04-16-2009, 08:16 PM
Taking a conservative estimate, 800 parties (the number I heard on the news) with an average of 1500 each is 1.2 million. That's still over a million.
That's only one day (yesterday). The estimate for total number of parties is 2300, from what I heard.

Also the number of party goer in Winston-Salem reported by the media was 900. According to an event organizer I talked with earlier today, 1200 people actually signed in, and the official police estimate was 3700. I went but didn't sign in myself- I'm sure many did the same thing. There were also three lanes of cars going by with many slowing down and honking with approval.

The 1.2 million estimate could be very low indeed.

glockmail
04-16-2009, 08:18 PM
the highest number I have heard so far was around 900 parties....where did you get the 2300?..... A discussion on another board. I think it is the total, not just for April 15. Don't forget that these things have been going on for a long time and are still in fact being held.

red states rule
04-17-2009, 03:26 AM
Like with most Obama supporters, if you dare disagree with the Chosen One - you must be racist

Garofalo: Tea Party Goers Are Racists Who Hate Black President
By Noel Sheppard

April 16, 2009 - 23:56 ET

During last year's election campaign, liberal media members treated Republican vice presidential candidate Sarah Palin with a hatred most Americans had never witnessed from the press.

On Thursday's "Countdown," MSNBC's Keith Olbermann and his guest Janeane Garofalo defamed fellow citizens who attended the prior day's Tea Parties with the same vitriolic contempt.

Garofalo actually called Party-goers "a bunch of teabagging rednecks," adding "this is about hating a black man in the White House. This is racism straight up."

But that's just the beginning, for what Olbermann and Garofalo engaged in Thursday evening is amongst the most vile, hate-filled attacks on average American citizens ever conveyed on national television by so-called journalists

for the video

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/noel-sheppard/2009/04/16/garofalo-tea-partiers-are-all-racists-who-hate-black-president

glockmail
04-17-2009, 08:58 AM
Like with most Obama supporters, if you dare disagree with the Chosen One - you must be racist

Garofalo: Tea Party Goers Are Racists Who Hate Black President
By Noel Sheppard

April 16, 2009 - 23:56 ET

During last year's election campaign, liberal media members treated Republican vice presidential candidate Sarah Palin with a hatred most Americans had never witnessed from the press.

On Thursday's "Countdown," MSNBC's Keith Olbermann and his guest Janeane Garofalo defamed fellow citizens who attended the prior day's Tea Parties with the same vitriolic contempt.

Garofalo actually called Party-goers "a bunch of teabagging rednecks," adding "this is about hating a black man in the White House. This is racism straight up."

But that's just the beginning, for what Olbermann and Garofalo engaged in Thursday evening is amongst the most vile, hate-filled attacks on average American citizens ever conveyed on national television by so-called journalists

for the video

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/noel-sheppard/2009/04/16/garofalo-tea-partiers-are-all-racists-who-hate-black-president

This "teabagging" technique is something that I've never heard of until now, and shows just how sick and twisted the liberals are, including hacks like these two, but also more of the main stream press corps, like Anderson Cooper. To me, and I know I'm not alone, there is no worse insult then a sexually disgusting one, especially one aimed at your family members. Now that they are standing on the line of complete indecency, its only a matter of time before Garofalo or some other hack steps over that line.

This working out perfectly for either of two possible scenarios:

1. Main stream Americans get pissed off to the point that they'll never vote for a liberal Democrat again, or;
2. This hatred from liberals will escalate to the point of violence, and conservatives will then come in and kick some well deserved ass.

Either way its going to be a great time. :dance:

red states rule
04-17-2009, 08:59 AM
Was really hoping somebody had seen some comment from The First Teleprompter Reader, his spokesman, some question from somebody in the media.

Apparently no one has.

Monkeybone
04-17-2009, 09:21 AM
This "teabagging" technique is something that I've never heard of until now, and shows just how sick and twisted the liberals are, including hacks like these two, but also more of the main stream press corps, like Anderson Cooper. To me, and I know I'm not alone, there is no worse insult then a sexually disgusting one, especially one aimed at your family members. Now that they are standing on the line of complete indecency, its only a matter of time before Garofalo or some other hack steps over that line.

This working out perfectly for either of two possible scenarios:

1. Main stream Americans get pissed off to the point that they'll never vote for a liberal Democrat again, or;
2. This hatred from liberals will escalate to the point of violence, and conservatives will then come in and kick some well deserved ass.

Either way its going to be a great time. :dance:
i knew what it was, and yah i chuckled when they first said it. but then when they really got into it, i just found it tasteless. and i didn't hear any of the Tea party goers refer to it as that, just the liberal media.

Insein
04-17-2009, 11:16 AM
I'll be honest. I laughed very hard the first time I heard it on the Daily show about a month ago. Now its been beaten to death. Its funny when a comedian does it. Its ridiculous when supposed journalists do it.

n0spam4me
04-17-2009, 11:31 AM
PLEASE PEOPLE

this is NOT a matter of the Donkey Vs. The Elephant
this is a matter of WE THE PEOPLE vs. a lot of professional crooked politicians!

The "left" & "right" labels have become obsolete!

Nukeman
04-17-2009, 11:34 AM
PLEASE PEOPLE

this is NOT a matter of the Donkey Vs. The Elephant
this is a matter of WE THE PEOPLE vs. a lot of professional crooked politicians!

The "left" & "right" labels have become obsolete!
YOUR right and WE get that, but the dip s**t "journalist" don't seam to.