PDA

View Full Version : Perry says texas can leave the union if it wants...

-Cp
04-16-2009, 08:51 PM
It may be time to seriously move to TX:

Texas Gov. Rick Perry fired up an anti-tax "tea party" Wednesday with his stance against the federal government and for states' rights as some in his U.S. flag-waving audience shouted, "Secede!"

An animated Perry told the crowd at Austin City Hall — one of three tea parties he was attending across the state — that officials in Washington have abandoned the country's founding principles of limited government. He said the federal government is strangling Americans with taxation, spending and debt.

Perry repeated his running theme that Texas' economy is in relatively good shape compared with other states and with the "federal budget mess." Many in the crowd held signs deriding President Barack Obama and the $786 billion federal economic stimulus package.

Perry called his supporters patriots. Later, answering news reporters' questions, Perry suggested Texans might at some point get so fed up they would want to secede from the union, though he said he sees no reason why Texas should do that.

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/APStories/stories/D97J48IO2.html

moderate democrat
04-16-2009, 09:42 PM
I say good riddance...and as far as I am concerned, they can take Alabama, Mississippi, Georgia, and South Carolina with them when they go.:lol:

Mugged Liberal
04-16-2009, 09:50 PM
I say good riddance...and as far as I am concerned, they can take Alabama, Mississippi, Georgia, and South Carolina with them when they go.:lol:

"the Federal Union: It must be preserved" Andrew Jackson April 13,1830.

moderate democrat
04-16-2009, 09:54 PM

Andy was a smart guy, but he got a few things wrong. I personally think that it would be great to have the confederacy separated from the union. It would be such a great place to buy all our produce at really cheap prices.

April15
04-16-2009, 09:56 PM
I say good riddance...and as far as I am concerned, they can take Alabama, Mississippi, Georgia, and South Carolina with them when they go.:lol:Amen.

actsnoblemartin
04-16-2009, 10:01 PM
texas is a beautiful place, with very sweet people

Mr. P
04-16-2009, 10:34 PM

Works for me...but don't expect cheap produce nor free passage to Fla. :laugh2:

Sitarro
04-17-2009, 01:04 AM
That's my Governor........ Yea! You do understand where your gasoline is refined don't you Moderate dimwit? Oh wait, you're going to Mehico, the asshole of the USA.:laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

Gaffer
04-17-2009, 08:26 AM
Texas is just the first to state it openly, they won't be alone and it won't be just the southern states to secede. Folks on the east coast are going to get mighty hungry.

-Cp
04-17-2009, 11:08 AM
Friday, April 17, 2009 Email to a Friend

Thirty-one percent (31%) of Texas voters say that their state has the right to secede from the United States and form an independent country.
However, the latest Rasmussen Reports poll in the state finds that if the matter was put to a vote, it wouldn’t even be close. Three-fourths (75%) of Lone Star State voters would opt to remain in the United States. Only 18% would vote to secede, and seven percent (7%) are not sure what they'd choose.

Texas Governor Rick Perry, in response to a reporter’s question about secession at a protest "tea party," said Wednesday, "We've got a great union. There's absolutely no reason to dissolve it. But if Washington continues to thumb their nose at the American people, you know, who knows what might come out of that? But Texas is a very unique place, and we're a pretty independent lot to boot." The comment was widely reported in the media.
Rasmussen Reports updates also available on Twitter.

The underlying views of Texans about government are generally similar to those in the rest of the nation. By a 73% to 11% margin, Texans trust the collective judgment of the American people more than the judgment of political leaders.

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/states_general/texas/in_texas_31_say_state_has_right_to_secede_from_u_s _but_75_opt_to_stay

5stringJeff
04-17-2009, 07:42 PM
Oh, and every state has the right to secede from the Union, not just Texas. Frankly, as divided a country as we are, I think the South and West (minus the West Coast, of course) could forge ahead on our own. We'd be doing just fine without the dead weight of the Northeast.

5stringJeff
04-17-2009, 07:43 PM

"The Union: next to our Liberty, most dear." John Calhoun, April 13, 1830.

Kathianne
04-17-2009, 08:20 PM

I think the country has heard this before. You really want to go there? How'd it work out in the past? May be the reason so many of us think of you as the lowest common denominator.

theHawk
04-17-2009, 09:01 PM
It may be time to seriously move to TX:

Texas Gov. Rick Perry fired up an anti-tax "tea party" Wednesday with his stance against the federal government and for states' rights as some in his U.S. flag-waving audience shouted, "Secede!"

An animated Perry told the crowd at Austin City Hall — one of three tea parties he was attending across the state — that officials in Washington have abandoned the country's founding principles of limited government. He said the federal government is strangling Americans with taxation, spending and debt.

Perry repeated his running theme that Texas' economy is in relatively good shape compared with other states and with the "federal budget mess." Many in the crowd held signs deriding President Barack Obama and the $786 billion federal economic stimulus package.

Perry called his supporters patriots. Later, answering news reporters' questions, Perry suggested Texans might at some point get so fed up they would want to secede from the union, though he said he sees no reason why Texas should do that.

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/APStories/stories/D97J48IO2.html

Funny, Rick Perry is shoving the Trans Texas Corridor through the heart of our country, and now people want to make him into some kind of GOP hero? This guy favors imminent domain, and wants to hide the details of a 50 year lease plan to sell our roads to Spain, and wants to allow trucks from Mexico to freely come into our country without being stopped.

:upyours: the TTC
:upyours: the North American Union
:upyours: Rick Perry

Kathianne
04-17-2009, 09:03 PM
Funny, Rick Perry is shoving the Trans Texas Corridor through the heart of our country, and now people want to make him into some kind of GOP hero? This guy favors imminent domain, and wants to hide the details of a 50 year lease plan to sell our roads to Spain, and wants to allow trucks from Mexico to freely come into our country without being stopped.

:upyours: the TTC
:upyours: the North American Union
:upyours: Rick Perry

Yep, more of what I've read. A poseur.

theHawk
04-17-2009, 09:07 PM
Yep, more of what I've read. A poseur.

And who could forget forcing every texan gal in school to get that vaccine.

Yup, a real "small" government man. :uhoh:

Kathianne
04-17-2009, 09:08 PM

yep.

Mr. P
04-17-2009, 09:11 PM

I thought they gave up on that...no?

theHawk
04-17-2009, 09:19 PM
I thought they gave up on that...no?

Nope. He passed a bill in 2007 that gave him powers to make the executive order.

Mr. P
04-17-2009, 09:28 PM
Nope. He passed a bill in 2007 that gave him powers to make the executive order.

Geeezzzzz....are they forcing it on the kids now or not?

Last I heard there was so much opposition, even nationwide, they just dropped it..not so, huh?

emmett
04-17-2009, 09:49 PM
That's what I thought too.