PDA

View Full Version : most interesting pic - during the trip

darin
04-17-2009, 08:28 AM
Check out the max speed - my wife's truck is faaaaaaaaast. :)

http://www.d-mphotos.com/images/misc/_MG_2696_sm.jpg

Anyone guess how the max speed got up that high?

Monkeybone
04-17-2009, 09:11 AM
tires spin on the wetness?

and do you like your Garmin?

glockmail
04-17-2009, 11:10 AM
The GPS doesn't read the tire speed.

My guess is you took an airplane ride somewhere.

Little-Acorn
04-17-2009, 11:18 AM
You drove under a bridge and the signal got distorted?

darin
04-17-2009, 08:35 PM
Honestly I just don't know. One minute the GPS was working fine, then the speed started climbing like I had a JATO strapped on -shot to 147, then back to normal. :)

I love the garmin. Doesn't always take me the route I'd WANT to go, but I always get where I need to be. :)

Jeff
04-17-2009, 11:35 PM
Honestly I just don't know. One minute the GPS was working fine, then the speed started climbing like I had a JATO strapped on -shot to 147, then back to normal. :)

I love the garmin. Doesn't always take me the route I'd WANT to go, but I always get where I need to be. :)

I run Delorme ( think I got it right , it is late, lol) and mine sometimes will just show me driving into a field or lake, lol, the whole time saying off track, the first time It did it I had to take a second and make sure I wasn't dead, lol

glockmail
04-19-2009, 07:23 PM
I have three Garmins, one for me, one for my wife, and a portable for my son that I bought for hiking. He puts it in his pocket while skiing, and has clocked 55.1 mph. I'm wondering if that is 2D speed (measured on a flat plane) or if it takes into account elevation drop for this calculation. If it is 2D speed he actually went quite a bit faster.