PDA

View Full Version : Delta Stops Using India Call Centers: Report

Psychoblues
04-19-2009, 12:48 AM
I told you so!!!!!!!!!!!!! The IT gigs are coming back home!!!!!!!!!!!

Source: Reuters
CHICAGO (Reuters)

Delta Air Lines Inc has stopped using India-based call centers to handle sales and reservations, the Wall Street Journal reported on Saturday.

The move makes the airline the latest U.S. company to decide the cost benefits of directing calls offshore are outweighed by backlash from costumers, the newspaper said in a story on its website.

Delta said it stopped routing calls to India-based call centers over the first three months of the year. Customers had complained they had trouble communicating with Indian agents, the newspaper said.

"The customer acceptance of call centers in foreign countries is low," Richard Anderson, Delta's chief executive, said in a recorded message to employees, according to the newspaper. "Our customers are not shy about letting us have that feedback."................................

More: http://www.reuters.com/article/domesticNews/idUSTRE53H1PN20090418

theHawk
04-19-2009, 12:57 AM
Delta is giving in to their racist customers!

Psychoblues
04-19-2009, 01:00 AM
?

Considering some of the shit I've seen from you, huk, I'm shocked!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

n0spam4me
04-25-2009, 07:06 PM
"Delta is giving in to their racist customers!"

Just think of it this way,
I would like to be able to COMMUNICATE with "customer service"
and if they can't understand ENGLISH, at least the NORTH AMERICAN version of ENGLISH, then they have no business at all marketing their services to companies in the U.S.A.!

I've had to make use of "customer service" and the outfits who use the Foreign call centers do NOT make any points with me!

Mr. P
04-25-2009, 07:54 PM
I sure hope this will be a trend! I hate talkin to Sam whom I can't f'kin understand! Hell, I've got to the point that if I get an foreigner I just hang-up..ya know what that does for business..Delta seems to know...I hope Dell and the other electronics folks do to.

Trigg
04-27-2009, 02:57 PM

Seriously??????

Delta is giving in to the complaints that it's customers can't understand the people on the other end of the line.

Psychoblues
05-06-2009, 10:02 PM
Seriously!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Seriously??????