PDA

View Full Version : Relaxing

04-19-2009, 07:17 PM
Been trying to relax a lot more lately. My body has always been naturally tense. I think ive just always held alot of anxious energy in my muscles. My muscles are so tense, even when Im calm that I dont even notice the tension.

Been reading alot this week and thinking and I just dont think this natural state of hyper-anxiety being held in my body is healthy. I had a massage last week and afterwards i could just feel all the muscles trying to return to their naturally stressed state.

So since then ive been trying to think of ways to destress and relax. What do you do to relax and destress? Have you ever had similiar problems? What did you do to take care of it?

emmett
04-19-2009, 09:30 PM
Been trying to relax a lot more lately. My body has always been naturally tense. I think ive just always held alot of anxious energy in my muscles. My muscles are so tense, even when Im calm that I dont even notice the tension.

Been reading alot this week and thinking and I just dont think this natural state of hyper-anxiety being held in my body is healthy. I had a massage last week and afterwards i could just feel all the muscles trying to return to their naturally stressed state.

So since then ive been trying to think of ways to destress and relax. What do you do to relax and destress? Have you ever had similiar problems? What did you do to take care of it?

Smoke a joint, :beer:

Jeff
04-19-2009, 10:07 PM
Smoke a joint, :beer:

Or two, :laugh2: seriously avavtar I feel the same way you do most of the time, when I get home I have some alone time with the wife and just act as though we were back dating for even a 1/2 hour seems to help.

If I am especially tense that week we will go out, say dinner and a movie, we don't talk about what the kids need the bills or any money , we just go out on a date , seems to work well.

5stringJeff
04-20-2009, 08:42 AM
Av, I married a massage therapist. A regular massage (say, once every other week) will do wonders for you. Just make sure you get a "massage therapist" and not a "masoose!"

emmett
04-20-2009, 08:58 AM
Av, I married a massage therapist. A regular massage (say, once every other week) will do wonders for you. Just make sure you get a "massage therapist" and not a "masoose!"

Jeff...look man, I gotta say this. You're married to a massage therapist right? She works you over couple times a month huh? Damn...you go boy! Sounds like a winner to me.

5stringJeff
04-20-2009, 07:16 PM
Jeff...look man, I gotta say this. You're married to a massage therapist right? She works you over couple times a month huh? Damn...you go boy! Sounds like a winner to me.

Believe it or not, I end up giving more massages now than she does!

Kathianne
04-20-2009, 07:17 PM
Believe it or not, I end up giving more massages now than she does!

you're not a masseuse? Have I said lately I love you like a brother? My brother gave me a 'get out of jail free card.' LOL!

5stringJeff
04-20-2009, 07:22 PM
you're not a masseuse? Have I said lately I love you like a brother? My brother gave me a 'get out of jail free card.' LOL!

Well, I don't advertise on Craigslist, so you can be sure I'm "legit!" :D

emmett
04-20-2009, 08:44 PM
THAT is funny. I saw that interview on Fox with the Madame who claimed that girl that got killed was just a "body rubber". LOL.

Kathianne
04-20-2009, 09:43 PM
Going for anyone, male or females that give massages, without sex. Reasonable rates. LOL!

5stringJeff
04-20-2009, 10:11 PM
THAT is funny. I saw that interview on Fox with the Madame who claimed that girl that got killed was just a "body rubber". LOL.

99.9% of anyone posting "massage services" on Craigslist is offering some type of sexual service. And legitimate massage therapists don't get a hotel room and offer to meet you there.

KitchenKitten99
04-21-2009, 12:33 AM
I would easily be a massage therapist if I could restrict my clients to good-looking ones only... sorry i am not wanting to rub my hands all over some greasy nasty guy or a woman with more body hair than my man and eczema and/or psoriasis...ew!

Call me superficial, a snob, whatever.

crin63
04-21-2009, 01:28 AM
I have a weekly 30 minute MRT session, even that doesn't relax the muscles in my body but then its to try to keep up with all the damage to my body and relieve my headaches.

Its usually breaking up scar tissue and trying to relax the muscles enough for the chiropractor to be able to adjust my back and neck.

All my neuro-pathways are messed up so its all trial and error to find what works. I have significantly reduced feeling in the left side of my body so its hard to tell if that side is tense.

dan
04-21-2009, 10:07 PM
Listen to Emmett, he's a smart man!

04-24-2009, 05:59 PM
Im not smoking weed. I dont care how stressed I get. I like my job.