PDA

View Full Version : 'Thanks for insulting the US, and not me' - Obama

theHawk
04-20-2009, 06:07 PM
Yup, just when you thought the Latin summit couldn't get any more embarrassing for the US, Obama pulls the hat trick out of his ass.

To move forward, we cannot let ourselves be prisoners of past disagreements. I'm grateful that President Ortega did not blame me for things that happened when I was three months old. Too often, an opportunity to build a fresh partnership of the Americas has been undermined by stale debates. And we've heard all these arguments before, these debates that would have us make a false choice between rigid, state-run economies or unbridled and unregulated capitalism; between blame for right-wing paramilitaries or left-wing insurgents; between sticking to inflexible policies with regard to Cuba or denying the full human rights that are owed to the Cuban people.

I didn't come here to debate the past -- I came here to deal with the future. I believe, as some of our previous speakers have stated, that we must learn from history, but we can't be trapped by it."
http://www.nowpublic.com/world/president-obama-unfazed-handled-angry-anti-usa-5th-summit

What a self centered asshole. Some America-hating leader from a thirld world shithole insults the country and Obama is "grateful" that Ortega didn't blame him? How noble of you Mr. Obama. Its A-OK for anyone to lambast the US just as long as they don't cross that line and insult you personally. Most people would feel insulted if their country is insulted, but I guess maybe deep down Obama feels absolutely nothing for the US. I don't know how else to explain his complete detachment from his own country.

Kathianne
04-20-2009, 07:19 PM
Yup, just when you thought the Latin summit couldn't get any more embarrassing for the US, Obama pulls the hat trick out of his ass.

http://www.nowpublic.com/world/president-obama-unfazed-handled-angry-anti-usa-5th-summit

What a self centered asshole. Some America-hating leader from a thirld world shithole insults the country and Obama is "grateful" that Ortega didn't blame him? How noble of you Mr. Obama. Its A-OK for anyone to lambast the US just as long as they don't cross that line and insult you personally. Most people would feel insulted if their country is insulted, but I guess maybe deep down Obama feels absolutely nothing for the US. I don't know how else to explain his complete detachment from his own country.

So my grandparents weren't here until after the Civil War, so Obama must shut up about slavery and my ancestors, right?

emmett
04-20-2009, 08:39 PM
The more places he travels the more he looks as if he is simply using the country as a vehicle to acheive "greater things" doesn't it?

I gotts go with hawk on this one for sure. That was 101.3% assholish!

04-21-2009, 03:13 PM
I heard this last night and i just was wondering:

How are they not insulting him? Is he not an american?

Why on earth would you thank someone for insulting your country?

Why exactly does a man who is supposed to be intelligent say such stupid things?

theHawk
04-21-2009, 04:19 PM
I heard this last night and i just was wondering:

How are they not insulting him? Is he not an american?

Obama suffers from an identity crisis. He cannot identify himelf with any one group. He is half black, so he identifies somewhat with African-Americans decendent from slaves, but he is not really one of them. He is half white and raised in Kansas by whites but does not identify himself with them(execpt when its politically convenient like when he campaigning in the midwest). He is technically American but was also raised in Indonesia. He has Kenyian heritage but never lived there for any great amount of time. He is a former Muslim turned Christian but subscribed to liberation Christianity which is nothing like what American Christians subscribe to.

Add that with his elitist liberal attitude and you have a man who thinks he is special. He is better than any of the groups mentioned above. He is not an "American", he is more than that. He is a "world citizen". Remember during the campaign how the liberals always said he was "uniquely qualified" to be President. Because he has lived this life of being exposed to so many backgrounds. But the downside to that is he does not really identify himself with any one of them.

In order to be truely offended by the insults an America, he would have to think of himself as "just an American", and not the great citizen of the world he chooses to see himself as.

The USA is just a stepping stool for him to achieve much more personal glory.

Kathianne
04-21-2009, 04:34 PM
I think it interesting that no one on the 'left' has posted here, I think even they see the hubris of his remark.

emmett
04-21-2009, 09:10 PM
I think it interesting that no one on the 'left' has posted here, I think even they see the hubris of his remark.

Ya think?

Kathianne
04-21-2009, 09:16 PM
Ya think?

Well I make that assumption, though they never fail to prove me wrong. ;)

Jeff
04-21-2009, 10:30 PM
Well I make that assumption, though they never fail to prove me wrong. ;)
There is no justifying what Obama has said and done, but I would bet my last dollar that one will with out a doubt try to justify it, hell look at the line up of whack jobs ya got fighting for the other side, LOL