PDA

View Full Version : Rachel Maddow Displays Puzzling Ignorance About Basic American History

red states rule
04-22-2009, 08:35 AM
Earth to liberal press, the Republican party was on the side of the UNION, you dumbasses.

Psst! Lincoln was our first Republican President

Does this woman KNOW that the Texas Revolution happened decades before the Civil War. Does she also know that SOUTHERN DEMOCRATS comprised the pro-slavery faction of America (which in turn became the Confederates) and that Lincoln leading the Republican party led the Union to stop the Confederacy?

The Republicans were ANTI-SUCCESSION you idiot Maddow!!!!!!!!!!!

The sad this is I bet she does know all this, but is relying on her STUPID LIBERAL AUDIENCE not to know and believe all this propagada bull.

It reminds me of a letter to the editor I read years ago from some union idiot that included the line "great Democrats like Lincoln." I was stunned by his total ignorance.

And of course, the liberal press will give her a free pass on this and the only people who will challenge this will be conservatives the liberal press ignores anway.

This is what the liberals call "intelligensia."

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/jack-coleman/2009/04/21/rachel-maddow-displays-puzzling-ignorance-about-basic-american-history

How is it that MSNBC's Rachel Maddow toiled for years as a student before before earning a doctorate in political science at Oxford -- yet managed to avoid studying the American Civil War?

How else to explain Maddow's commentary last Thursday in response to tea party protests nationwide against dubious tax policy and runaway government spending?

Here's what Maddow said in previewing an upcoming segment --

Rick Perry, the governor of Texas, appears to have his sights set on higher office. What is higher office if you're already governor in Texas? Of course, that would be president of Texas. The return of Confederacy in American politics as seceding from the Union comes back into Republican fashion.

Yeah, I laughed too -- "Republican fashion"? Those pundits at MSNBC make the darndest claims, don't they?

Classact
04-22-2009, 08:43 AM
Good thing no one watches her anyway outside of brain dead koolaid drinkers. The kook news is shutting down as people search out someone with a grasp on reality for a news source. People like her are nice to meet in bars because you can talk them into some interesting pleasure outlets quite easily.

red states rule
04-22-2009, 08:46 AM
Good thing no one watches her anyway outside of brain dead koolaid drinkers. The kook news is shutting down as people search out someone with a grasp on reality for a news source. People like her are nice to meet in bars because you can talk them into some interesting pleasure outlets quite easily.

Rachel Maddow, like all Democrats, is highly knowledgeable of her Democratic American history.

Conservatives, due to history revision, no longer have a history.

Fox News does cream not only her show, but MSNBC across the board

http://www.mediabistro.com/tvnewser/ratings/the_scoreboard_monday_april_20_114637.asp#more

moderate democrat
04-22-2009, 09:19 AM
secession is coming back into fashion, and it is republicans who are sending it down the catwalk. that's a fact.

and Abe Lincoln would puke if he could see what had become of his once proud party.:lol:

red states rule
04-22-2009, 09:20 AM
secession is coming back into fashion, and it is republicans who are sending it down the catwalk. that's a fact.

and Abe Lincoln would puke if he could see what had become of his once proud party.:lol:

As usual, Virgil has nothing to contribute to the discussion

moderate democrat
04-22-2009, 09:29 AM
As usual, Virgil has nothing to contribute to the discussion

do you deny that republicans are the ones talking about secession? that was my point...it was Maddow's point.

Perry is trying to score points against Hutchinson in advance of their primary fight.

red states rule
04-22-2009, 09:31 AM
do you deny that republicans are the ones talking about secession? that was my point...it was Maddow's point.

Perry is trying to score points against Hutchinson in advance of their primary fight.

and libs were doing it in 2000

What does that have to do with the liberal lesbo's lack of knowledge of US history?

red states rule
04-22-2009, 09:32 AM
I am not so sure that she is as ignorant of US history as you claim she is... or that you, yourself, actually are.:lol:

Virgil showing off his debate "skills" once again

Yeah, every time I've challenged a liberal with the fact that Lincoln was a Republican and it was Republicans that passed the civil rights act of 1964, I get the "but all those racist Democrats became Dixicrats and then Republicans."

Only problem is, they can only name Strom Thurmond, while I can name plenty of racist Democrats that remained Democrats, like Wallace, Byrd, Connolly, Al Gore Sr, and so on.

The big problem is all the liberals who seem clueless about their own party's history of racism.

It wasn't the Republicans that was asking if Barack Obama was black enough or if he had done the "spade" work to get elected. That was Democrats!

moderate democrat
04-22-2009, 09:36 AM
and libs were doing it in 2000

What does that have to do with the liberal lesbo's lack of knowledge of US history?

I am not so sure that she is as ignorant of US history as you claim she is... or that you, yourself, actually are.:lol:

emmett
04-22-2009, 09:45 AM

I see it this way.

Democrats tried it one way then.....

They are trying it another way this time...

It didn't work then...

And it won't work this time!

The strategy of the left is very tricky. Somehow, in only a bit over 100 years they had the blacks convinced that they represented their version of the American dream. In reality, as recent as the 1960's it was Democrats who controlled the anti-black bathrooms and other mean treatment.

Democratic Sheriff's everywhere were known to prepretrate crimes against Blacks. 3 times as many Democrats were convicted of murder against blacks than whites. Look it up for yourself.

Democrats use blacks... as fools for their cause. Promise something, get votes! It worked.

red states rule
04-22-2009, 09:46 AM
I see it this way.

It didn't work then...

The strategy of the left is very tricky. Somehow, in only a bit over 100 years they had the blacks convinced that they represented their version of the American dream. In reality, as recent as the 1960's it was Democrats who controlled the anti-black bathrooms and other mean treatment.

Democratic Sheriff's everywhere were known to prepretrate crimes against Blacks. 3 times as many Democrats were convicted of murder against blacks than whites. Look it up for yourself.

Democrats use blacks... as fools for their cause. Promise something, get votes! It worked.

Liberals have done everything they can to spin the reality that it was southern Slave owning Dems that indeed pushed the nation to the Civil war and now many people think it was indeed Republicans that did it and or even if the Souther Dems that did it they later became Republicans.

moderate democrat
04-22-2009, 09:55 AM
I see it this way.

It didn't work then...

and Nixon's southern strategy was a myth?:lol:

and let me get this straight...you ARE saying that the blacks who vote democratic are fools? correct?

April15
04-22-2009, 10:41 AM
I don't know if this will help anything but the democrats of the south have changed party to republican. The population is the same just the preferred party has changed.

Little-Acorn
04-22-2009, 12:00 PM
Rachel Maddow Displays Puzzling Ignorance About Basic American History

What's puzzling about it?

Leftists rely on an ignorance of history, to make their agenda look palatable.

They insist they favor racial equality... and they hope people have forgotten that greater percentages of Republicans voted to pass the Civil Rights Act of 1964, than Democrats. And they especially hope people have forgotten that Democrats were the ones supporting black slavery before, during, and after the Civil War, while Republicans fought to abolish it, and later fought to abolish the Jim Crow laws that Democrats used to keep the black man down.

Forgetting about history, is crucial to the survival of the Democrat party. If people took history into account, the Democrat party would have been consigned to the ash heap of history long ago.

Classact
04-22-2009, 12:04 PM
and Nixon's southern strategy was a myth?:lol:

and let me get this straight...you ARE saying that the blacks who vote democratic are fools? correct?Why do blacks vote Democratically, why, becase the Democrats give them or offer them something special as a segregated part of America. Democrats love to keep the label of African American because they can use it in a short campaign slogan that will offer African or Mexican Americans something not being offered to just plain Americans. Democrats love to prop up minorities and then charge them votes for the props.

moderate democrat
04-22-2009, 12:31 PM
Rachel Maddow Displays Puzzling Ignorance About Basic American History

What's puzzling about it?

Leftists rely on an ignorance of history, to make their agenda look palatable.

They insist they favor racial equality... and they hope people have forgotten that greater percentages of Republicans voted to pass the Civil Rights Act of 1964, than Democrats. And they especially hope people have forgotten that Democrats were the ones supporting black slavery before, during, and after the Civil War, while Republicans fought to abolish it, and later fought to abolish the Jim Crow laws that Democrats used to keep the black man down.

Forgetting about history, is crucial to the survival of the Democrat party. If people took history into account, the Democrat party would have been consigned to the ash heap of history long ago.

that's not true. The democratic party is well aware of our past...and we are also well aware that we made a concerted effort to change starting in 1948...and that change led to the dixiecrat thrid party candidacy... and it led - in the years that followed -to the disintegration of the "solid south"... and it led to the fall of democratic party prominence in the south, and it led to the rise of the republican party there, and the use of the "southern strategy" by the republicans that continues today. Black Americans voted for Republicans overwhelmingly during the first half of the 20th century... their migration to the democratic party is a matter of fact.... you all can claim they are fools, or claim that they have been duped, or claim that they do it because of the welfare dollars, yet those created rationales are proof, in and of themselves, of the racist attitudes that you all have so deeply ingrained within you.

Classact
04-22-2009, 12:40 PM
that's not true. The democratic party is well aware of our past...and we are also well aware that we made a concerted effort to change starting in 1948...and that change led to the dixiecrat thrid party candidacy... and it led - in the years that followed -to the disintegration of the "solid south"... and it led to the fall of democratic party prominence in the south, and it led to the rise of the republican party there, and the use of the "southern strategy" by the republicans that continues today. Black Americans voted for Republicans overwhelmingly during the first half of the 20th century... their migration to the democratic party is a matter of fact.... you all can claim they are fools, or claim that they have been duped, or claim that they do it because of the welfare dollars, yet those created rationales are proof, in and of themselves, of the racist attitudes that you all have so deeply ingrained within you.So you think blacks vote Democratic not because they are told you get more free federal money in the form of WIC, Welfare and other social programs along with preferences for blacks in employment and education. Why do Puerto Ricans vote Democratic, I asked my neighbor and he said the Democrats give us more free federal tax dollars than the Republican administrations... That sounds pretty much following reason and logic if you want free stuff from the federal government. If Democrats support blacks why don't Democratic Governors insist all school districts get equal state/community tax support?

moderate democrat
04-22-2009, 01:05 PM
So you think blacks vote Democratic not because they are told you get more free federal money in the form of WIC, Welfare and other social programs along with preferences for blacks in employment and education. Why do Puerto Ricans vote Democratic, I asked my neighbor and he said the Democrats give us more free federal tax dollars than the Republican administrations... That sounds pretty much following reason and logic if you want free stuff from the federal government. If Democrats support blacks why don't Democratic Governors insist all school districts get equal state/community tax support?

so your puerto rican neighbor told you? well, that proves it.:dance:

Silver
04-22-2009, 08:51 PM

Lets get the quote right, so you won't look like a complete fool...

"The return of Confederacy in American politics as seceding from the Union comes back into Republican fashion."

Using the phase "comes back into Republican fashion" implys that it was once in
Republican fashion...it being the return of Confederacy in American politics as seceding from the Union
So....its a complete fabrication...a mis-representation....a fucking lie...
Conclusion....Maddow is a liar....or stupid...or both...
and by extension...md is a freekin' hack...

Kathianne
04-22-2009, 09:03 PM
Hmmm. Links at site:

http://pajamasmedia.com/instapundit/msnbcs-theatrics-create-drama-at-ge-shareholders-meeting/

APRIL 22, 2009
MSNBC’S THEATRICS CREATE Drama at GE Shareholders Meeting.
Things got testy Wednesday at the GE shareholders meeting courtesy of several complaints about political bias at its media division, NBC Universal. Just don’t expect to see the fireworks at the company’s webcast of the event, which contains prepared remarks from CEO Jeff Immelt and CFO Keith Sherin but leaves out their interaction with shareholders. . . . Just before GE board members were re-elected, shareholders asked about 10 questions of a mostly political nature concerning the viewpoints of MSNBC and CNBC, according to attendees.

First up was a woman asking about a reported meeting in which Immelt and NBC Uni CEO Jeff Zucker supposedly told top CNBC executives and talent to be less critical of President Obama and his policies.

Immelt acknowledged a meeting took place but said no one at CNBC was told what to say or not say about politics.

During the woman’s follow-up question, her microphone was cut off. Later, during the umpteenth question about MSNBC, another shareholder’s microphone was cut, according to multiple attendees.

“The crowd was very upset with MSNBC because of its leftward tilt,” one attendee said. “Some former employees said they were embarrassed by it.”

One specific complaint about MSNBC concerned Keith Olbermann’s interview of actress Janeane Garofalo, who likened conservatives to racists and spoke of “the limbic brain inside a right-winger.”

“They were upset that Olbermann didn’t bother to challenge her,” one GE shareholder said.

Interesting. I wonder if we’ll see more of this.

Related: MSNBC’s Rachel Maddow suffers big audience loss.

Posted at by Glenn Reynolds at 9:39 pm

red states rule
04-23-2009, 05:36 AM
Hmmm. Links at site:

http://pajamasmedia.com/instapundit/msnbcs-theatrics-create-drama-at-ge-shareholders-meeting/

Looks like the Fairness Doctrine was implemented at the meeting. Was Chris Matthews or Keith Olbermann the moderator?

red states rule
04-23-2009, 05:39 AM

I am not surprised fewer people are watching her show. When you put a girl on TV whose face is made for radio you have a formula for failure.

And MSNBC is quickly becoming a huge failure for GE