PDA

View Full Version : Picked up a NEW ride for summer!!

Nukeman
04-22-2009, 01:38 PM
Wanted to show the new bike I got for summer driving...

The Wife even likes it (actually I had to get permission form her in the first place)

Trigg
04-22-2009, 02:23 PM
Someone needs to ask him about the deal he made in order for me to agree to this little upgrade :laugh2::laugh2:

Kathianne
04-22-2009, 03:20 PM
Someone needs to ask him about the deal he made in order for me to agree to this little upgrade :laugh2::laugh2:

Oh, what did you get? :laugh2:

Mr. P
04-22-2009, 04:49 PM
Very nice...but ya know Nuke, I gave DMP hell after his crash a few yrs back for even riding with minor children to care for...same here..update yer term insurance and be damn careful. Just an ole guys 2 cents.

Nukeman
04-22-2009, 07:25 PM
Very nice...but ya know Nuke, I gave DMP hell after his crash a few yrs back for even riding with minor children to care for...same here..update yer term insurance and be damn careful. Just an ole guys 2 cents.
I appreciate the concern!!!:thumb:

I am a very "cautious paranoid" driver. I don't take anything for granted when I ride. I ride with the understanding that NO ONE else is looking for me so I have to do all of it. I do know that is NO guarantee but I am very careful. I also don't travel in busy cities or highways either. I also will state that anyone who is looking to start riding SHOULD/MUST take a riding safety course... IMHO

As for the LI, I have a very good amount on myself to insure the family is VERY well taken care of!!!:beer:

darin
04-22-2009, 07:36 PM
What sort of gear did you get with it? PLEASE think about your skin! :)

Beautiful bike, though. Congrats!!

Nukeman
04-23-2009, 06:41 AM
What sort of gear did you get with it? PLEASE think about your skin! :)

Beautiful bike, though. Congrats!!
Ohh I have full face helmet, armored leather and cordura jacket, I also always where leather gloves and high steel toed/shank boots!

Monkeybone
04-23-2009, 07:10 AM

i would like to see the deal posted that was made when asking permission for a new toy *coughbitchcough*

Trigg
04-23-2009, 07:18 AM
Oh, what did you get? :laugh2:

Oh, I didn't really get anything.

It's what I get OUT of doing that's important.

He has to do the bathrooms for a month, our youngest boy (6) has an aiming problem. :laugh2:

Nuke is also not allowed to pay our daughter to do the job for him.

I'm beginning to think he got off light. Every woman I work with thinks I should have made it 2 months.

Monkeybone
04-23-2009, 08:08 AM

He has to do the bathrooms for a month, our youngest boy (6) has an aiming problem. :laugh2:

I'm beginning to think he got off light. Every woman I work with thinks I should have made it 2 months.

should've been the rest of the year Trigg. someone doesn't know how to negotiate.

and i would make the boys go outside.

Mr. P
04-23-2009, 11:00 AM

Now that's cruel and unusual punishment! It accomplishes nothing. I think he should have to leave the house after dinner with the boys and go to the garage to insure his new friend is okay for a month. TLC is important at this stage and the boys can learn something cool, bond and all that, and the new baby will be cared for properly...HEY, that's a lot of work, much more that cleaning a bathroom! Every try and remove a smudge from chrome? Geezzz, it's a bitch! The boys can even pee round side the garage. Sprinkle problem solved. Then about 8-9 the boys come back in for bed. Nuke stays for one more hr of lovin and rubbin her. That's the way to get a deal! :laugh2:

Trigg
04-23-2009, 05:38 PM
Now that's cruel and unusual punishment! It accomplishes nothing. I think he should have to leave the house after dinner with the boys and go to the garage to insure his new friend is okay for a month. TLC is important at this stage and the boys can learn something cool, bond and all that, and the new baby will be cared for properly...HEY, that's a lot of work, much more that cleaning a bathroom! Every try and remove a smudge from chrome? Geezzz, it's a bitch! The boys can even pee round side the garage. Sprinkle problem solved. Then about 8-9 the boys come back in for bed. Nuke stays for one more hr of lovin and rubbin her. That's the way to get a deal! :laugh2:

LOL........typical male response.

I do like the part about the boys coming inside just in time for bed :laugh2:

Jeff
04-23-2009, 06:28 PM

LMAO, I have a 6 year old also I thought it was just him, lol, seriously nice bike I wish Y'all the best with it and be careful,its the other guy I worry about.

glockmail
04-23-2009, 07:30 PM
Very nice...but ya know Nuke, I gave DMP hell after his crash a few yrs back for even riding with minor children to care for...same here..update yer term insurance and be damn careful. Just an ole guys 2 cents. Gave up mine when my son turned one. Something happened to me when I was in my very early 40's that proved to me what a smart decision it was: I fell off a 7' tall step ladder. Shit I was on the ground, flat on my back in a bush before I knew what had happened. In my younger days I had lightning reflexes, and probably wouldn't have slipped, but even if I had
*t i m e w o u l d h a v e s l o w e d d o w n*
and I would have been able to get my feet under me, or at least fall and roll.

So I went out and bought a Mustang GT to reward myself.

http://i514.photobucket.com/albums/t345/Southernmanpics/cropmustang6-7-01.jpg

Jeff
04-23-2009, 08:17 PM
Good looking ride Glock

glockmail
04-27-2009, 09:04 AM
Good looking ride GlockThanks. It was sweet, V8, 5 speed, traction lock, quad shock, and not much else. I bought it new for $19k, drove it three years and 40K miles and sold it for $13K cash. I had one little mark on the paint from one of my kids riding their bike in the garage.