PDA

View Full Version : AP Poll: After Obama's 100 Days, US on Right Track

Psychoblues
04-23-2009, 03:01 PM
Any red blooded American should be proud of this report!!!!!!!!!!!!! We haven't had one this good in YEARS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

By THE ASSOCIATED PRESS
Published: April 23, 2009
WASHINGTON (AP)

Millions of people jobless. Billions of dollars in bailouts. Trillions of dollars in U.S. debt. And yet, for the first time in years, more Americans than not say the country is on the right track.

In a sign that Barack Obama has inspired hopes for a brighter future in the first 100 days of his presidency, an Associated Press-GfK poll shows that 48 percent of Americans believe the United States is headed in the right direction -- compared with 44 percent who disagree.

The ''right direction'' number is up 8 points since February and a remarkable 31 points since October, the month before Obama's election.

More: http://www.nytimes.com/aponline/2009/04/23/us/politics/AP-US-Obama-100-Days-AP-Poll.html?_r=1

I suspect we'll be seeing a lot more good news in the future concerning the direction of this republic!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If we could only somehow limit the fear, loathing and incessant whining from the lil' ones!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

theHawk
04-23-2009, 04:15 PM
After seeing what the average citizens did on April 15th with mass protests, I'd say yes we are begining to get on the right track. To stop Congress, and ensure freedom for the next generation as opposed to slavery.

Kathianne
04-23-2009, 04:33 PM

More: http://www.nytimes.com/aponline/2009/04/23/us/politics/AP-US-Obama-100-Days-AP-Poll.html?_r=1

There isn't 'more at link.' Edit please, can't post entire articles:

http://debatepolicy.com/showthread.php?t=3487

Copyright Infringement - When posting something as fact, it's always best to supply a link to your source if possible. While we encourage the use of linking to sources, please refrain from posting articles in their entirety. The first paragraph or 2 would be fine with a link to the rest of the article. This is acceptable under the fair use doctrine but copying of entire articles will likely result in copyright infringement, and your post may be removed and/or edited to protect the community.

Trigg
04-23-2009, 05:45 PM
Associated Press-GfK poll shows that 48 percent of Americans believe the United States is headed in the right direction -- compared with 44 percent who disagree.

Seems pretty even to me, why do you find this so remarkable???????

His approval rating is pretty much on par with every other president in their first 100 days. I don't know why the MSM is having such wet dreams about this guy.

PostmodernProphet
04-23-2009, 05:49 PM
48 percent of Americans believe the United States is headed in the right direction

sweet....I want to move there.....

Trigg
04-23-2009, 05:58 PM
I see that the AP poll questioned an astonishing number of people (1000:laugh2:)

Real Clear politics doesn't state the number questioned but their approval ratings are clearly different from the AP article. In fact it seems that the AP polling is the ONLY one where the right direction is higher than the wrong direction. Gotta wonder who they were calling to get those numbers.

Direction of country:
Right Direction 36.6
Wrong Track 56.7

On a side note it seems Biden is less popular than Cheney, who'd have thunk it?

Double take. Joe Biden is less popular than Dick Cheney. Well, in the first half year of the first term that is.

A slim 51 percent of Americans have a favorable view of Vice President Biden. Cheney was at 58 percent in July 2001. Al Gore, 55 percent in April 1993. The veep comparison comes courtesy of the Pew Research Center's latest report

http://realclearpolitics.blogs.time.com/2009/04/23/vp-shock-biden-less-popular-than-cheney/

glockmail
04-23-2009, 07:35 PM

http://realclearpolitics.blogs.time.com/2009/04/23/vp-shock-biden-less-popular-than-cheney/Spread of -20.1 %, Country in wrong directing.

Jeff
04-23-2009, 08:13 PM
If ya go by real people and not polls Obama isn't doing well at all, I went from GA to NH and heard 1 person praise Obama, I don't believe in Polls, I like real life, and by the way I think that one person was praising him cause all he kept saying was Mother F'er cracker, lol, wonder if maybe that poll wasn't taken with all his buddies

Psychoblues
04-23-2009, 08:55 PM
Actually, quite a lot more there but you have a job to do, kitty, and you do it poorly in my opinion.

There isn't 'more at link.' Edit please, can't post entire articles:

http://debatepolicy.com/showthread.php?t=3487

Editing is your new forte"?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!

Perhaps we can absolve from all the fear, loathing and ridiculous whining,,,,,,,,maybe?!?!??!?!?!?!??!

:beer::cheers2::beer:

Kathianne
04-23-2009, 09:12 PM
Actually, quite a lot more there but you have a job to do, kitty, and you do it poorly in my opinion.

Editing is your new forte"?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!

Perhaps we can absolve from all the fear, loathing and ridiculous whining,,,,,,,,maybe?!?!??!?!?!?!??!

Seems another moderator correctly edited, not me. Have at it.

Psychoblues
04-23-2009, 09:19 PM
Is yuk now a moderator?!?!?!?!?!?!?! He is now negging me on that post for what I do not know or care.

Seems another moderator correctly edited, not me. Have at it.

It was your edit for whom I was directing the comment. kitty. Have at it.

What do we do with the fearmongers, haters and whiners from the dark side?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!

Kathianne
04-23-2009, 09:24 PM
Is yuk now a moderator?!?!?!?!?!?!?! He is now negging me on that post for what I do not know or care.

It was your edit for whom I was directing the comment. kitty. Have at it.

What do we do with the fearmongers, haters and whiners from the dark side?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!

No.
Last edited by 5stringJeff; Today at 07:56 PM.. from the OP.

Psychoblues
04-23-2009, 09:28 PM
:laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

Sad, ain't it?!?!?!?!??!!??!?!?!?!

Kathianne
04-23-2009, 09:29 PM
:laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

Sad, ain't it?!?!?!?!??!!??!?!?!?!

why?

Psychoblues
04-23-2009, 09:35 PM
Piss down your leg and call it panty waste, kitty!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

why?

"Why" was the question, no?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!???!

Someday we will absolve ourselves from the fearmongering and hatred of the reichwingers.

REDWHITEBLUE2
04-23-2009, 10:22 PM
Well considering a bunch of dumb asses got the ASSCLOWN obama elected it only makes sense they think the Bozo is doing a good Job

Psychoblues
04-23-2009, 10:29 PM
Just how do you call yourself what you do?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!??!

Well considering a bunch of dumb asses got the ASSCLOWN obama elected it only makes sense they think the Bozo is doing a good Job

The American people elected President Barack Hussein Obama whether you like him or not.

Kiss this, redwhiteblueshit: :pee: rwb2

Otherwise:

Psychoblues

Psychoblues
04-23-2009, 11:01 PM
Well, it's apparent that you're not on the positive side of the American balance sheet!!!!!!!!!!!!

After seeing what the average citizens did on April 15th with mass protests, I'd say yes we are begining to get on the right track. To stop Congress, and ensure freedom for the next generation as opposed to slavery.

Seriously, huk,,,,,,,,sad!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can I get you something to get that sour taste out of your mouth?!?!?!??!?!???!?!?!??!

Psychoblues

Trigg
04-24-2009, 06:15 AM
Well psycho....now that your done insulting the mods how about we get back on topic.

Did you happen to notice that the poll you mentioned is the ONLY ONE with a positive raiting for the direction of this country????????

Seems most Americans think things are on the WRONG track.

red states rule
04-24-2009, 07:55 AM
Well psycho....now that your done insulting the mods how about we get back on topic.

Did you happen to notice that the poll you mentioned is the ONLY ONE with a positive raiting for the direction of this country????????

Seems most Americans think things are on the WRONG track.

MD also tried to say the people supported the Dems and right track/wrong track favored the Dems

Well, those pesky facts are getting in the way once again

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/other/direction_of_country-902.html

moderate democrat
04-24-2009, 07:58 AM
MD also tried to say the people supported the Dems and right track/wrong track favored the Dems

Well, those pesky facts are getting in the way once again

in this link there is a graph. Would you be so kind as to describe the slope of the blue line from election day 2008 until today?

those pesky factual graphs DO get in YOUR way, don't they?

red states rule
04-24-2009, 08:06 AM
in this link there is a graph. Would you be so kind as to describe the slope of the blue line from election day 2008 until today?

those pesky factual graphs DO get in YOUR way, don't they?

Virgil, are you really that stupid?

The average is right track 36.6 - wrong track 56.7

Meanwhile the approval rating for the Reid/Pelosi Congress is 34.3

Yep, people are giddy over liberal tax and spend programs

moderate democrat
04-24-2009, 08:20 AM
Virgil, are you really that stupid?

The average is right track 36.6 - wrong track 56.7

Meanwhile the approval rating for the Reid/Pelosi Congress is 34.3

Yep, people are giddy over liberal tax and spend programs

can you describe the slope of the blue line from your link from election day until now? yes or no?

red states rule
04-24-2009, 08:23 AM
can you describe the slope of the blue line from your link from election day until now? yes or no?

The point of this thread Virgil is that a majority of Americans feel the US is on the right track - the facts prove that statement to be a lie

A MAJORITY still feel the country is moving in the WRONG direction

moderate democrat
04-24-2009, 08:28 AM
The point of this thread Virgil is that a majority of Americans feel the US is on the right track - the facts prove that statement to be a lie

A MAJORITY still feel the country is moving in the WRONG direction

can you describe the blue line from your link or not?

Can you tell me what percentage of Americans thought we were heading in the right direction the day before the election?

Can you tell me what percentage of Americans thought we were heading in the right direction the day before the inauguartion?

Can you tell me what percentage of Americans thought we were heading in the right direction at the latest data point?

Can you explain the slope of that line and can you suggest what might have caused those dramatic changes?

red states rule
04-24-2009, 08:31 AM
can you describe the blue line from your link or not?

Can you tell me what percentage of Americans thought we were heading in the right direction the day before the election?

Can you tell me what percentage of Americans thought we were heading in the right direction the day before the inauguartion?

Can you tell me what percentage of Americans thought we were heading in the right direction at the latest data point?

Can you explain the slope of that line and can you suggest what might have caused those dramatic changes?

Can you explain why the OP is a lie, and why a majority of Americans are still thinking the country is moving in the wrong direction?

red states rule
04-24-2009, 09:16 AM
BTW, here are some other numbers that may be of interest

Biden's Approval Lower than Cheney's in 2001, Obama Below Reagan
By Brent Baker (Bio | Archive)
April 24, 2009 - 01:20 ET

CNN's Lou Dobbs on Thursday night highlighted how a new poll discovered Vice President Joe Biden is presently “less popular than Vice President Cheney was in July of 2001.” Indeed, a survey of 1,500 conducted for the Pew Research Center for the People and the Press to assess where President Barack Obama, Michelle Obama and Biden stand with the public as the administration's 100-day mark approaches, determined: “Only about half of Americans (51%) say they have a favorable impression of Joe Biden -- comparable to the 55% who felt favorably toward Al Gore in April 1993 and lower than the 58% favorability rating Dick Cheney received in July 2001.”

Dobbs also pointed out how President Barack Obama, at 63 percent approval, is at “the same percentage as President Carter at this stage of his presidency. But President Reagan was even more popular than either of them: 67 percent.”

Dobbs relayed on the Thursday, April 23 Lou Dobbs Tonight on CNN:

As the President approaches his first one hundred days in office, new indications today that his approval ratings are high, but not as high as some other Presidents, as some political analysts have been suggesting. A Pew Research Center survey showing President Obama has an approval rating of 63 percent. That is, as it turns out, the same percentage as President Carter at this stage of his presidency. But President Reagan was even more popular than either of them: 67 percent.

Meanwhile Pew Research showing Vice President Joe Biden is less popular than Vice President Cheney was in July of 2001. Vice President Biden, with an approval rating of just 51 percent, to Vice President Cheney's 58 percent.

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/brent-baker/2009/04/24/bidens-approval-lower-cheneys-2001-obama-below-reagan

moderate democrat
04-24-2009, 12:34 PM
Can you explain why the OP is a lie, and why a majority of Americans are still thinking the country is moving in the wrong direction?

I will answer YOUR question.

You, of course, will remain a spineless pussy and NOT answer mine.

In some polls, a majority of Americans are thinking that the country is now finally moving in the right direction. As YOUR link shows, however, the average of many polls shows that a majority of Americans still are leery about the direction of the country.

The analogy of turning a big aircraft carrier around is germane to your question and to the polling data which you so carefully avoid discussing. As recently as six months ago, when REPUBLICANS were in charge of the executive branch of government, people in America were SO dismayed as to the direction we had been heading on for the past eight years, that, when polled, only 8%.... less than one person in TEN thought that the country was headed in the right direction. That number was FRIGHTENINGLY low. The mere election of Barack Obama caused that number to more than TRIPLE to nearly 30%, even though Bush was still in charge, people were heartened because they knew that the time was short before this eight year nightmare was about to end. It held nearly steady until the economy totally fell off the cliff in January and it dropped down to 22% in the final days of the Bush administration. On inauguration day, it began climbing. 22% on inauguration day, 30% a mere ten days later...38% now. In 100 days in office, Barack Obama's administration has succeeded in turning the aircraft carrier a good part of the way around. From the dark days before the election, the number of Americans who think we are headed in the right direction has improved by 400%...and the trend line is clear. Does he have a ways to go? Of course he does... it took eight years of republican ineptitude to sour the country to the point where less than one in ten Americans thought we were headed in the right direction.... it will take more than a hundred days to restore their faith. The trend line certainly shows that more and more people are regaining their faith in America under Barack Obama....but, coming from 8%, he had a large course correction to make... he had to change the minds of a whole lot of Americans who had grown deeply skeptical about their government. I realize that you hate the trend of that blue line you are so afraid to discuss, but its implications are clear.

Your turn.... show some balls for ONCE and try to string a couple of paragraphs together of your OWN thoughts and try to make them something more than insults ...try to actually answer the questions that I put to you, like I have tried here to answer the question that YOU put to me.

As always, I certainly won't hold my breath. We both know how you will play this one.

moderate democrat
04-24-2009, 02:20 PM
regarding your obfuscating post about Vice Presidential polling comparisons... it makes little sense to compare where Cheney stood at the beginning of his tenure to where Biden stands today. The nations that they inherited are vastly different. In 2001, we had just finished eight years of relatively peaceful and economically successful life. Everyone was hopeful that this affable friendly guy from Texas and his new team would be able to keep everything going smoothly. Unfortunately, 9/11 happened, and Iraq happened, and happened and happened and happened... and the economy dove into the tank. That is the world that Obama-Biden inherited... a much more frightening, cynical, less hopeful world than eight years earlier. George Bush and Dick Cheney started their time in office in a country that felt pretty good about itself and the future. They left in much different circumstances. A much more valid measure will be to compare the approval ratings of Obama/Biden at the end of their second term and compare THOSE ratings to the ratings of Bush/Cheney at the end of THEIR second term. We have to wait seven and a half years or so to get those numbers...but I will be willing to bet a lot of money that, on election night, near the end of Obama's second term in office, the percentage of Americans who think we have been headed in the right direction will be SIGNIFICANTLY higher than 8% which is where it was for Dubya.

PostmodernProphet
04-24-2009, 02:39 PM
I'd tell you guys to get a room, but I imagine it would have one of those cage things hanging on a wall with a skeleton in it.......

moderate democrat
04-24-2009, 02:48 PM
I'd tell you guys to get a room, but I imagine it would have one of those cage things hanging on a wall with a skeleton in it.......

feel free to step in any time and pick up the gauntlet... it is fairly certain that RSR will avoid doing so. ;)

PostmodernProphet
04-24-2009, 03:19 PM
feel free to step in any time and pick up the gauntlet... it is fairly certain that RSR will avoid doing so. ;)

the problem with that is, I generally don't bother reading your posts or red's.....is there anything here worth arguing about?......the only thing here I've seen is that one small poll shows people like Obama....big deal.....you can find idiots all over the place.....

Kathianne
04-24-2009, 05:26 PM
the problem with that is, I generally don't bother reading your posts or red's.....is there anything here worth arguing about?......the only thing here I've seen is that one small poll shows people like Obama....big deal.....you can find idiots all over the place.....

Interesting that there's plenty here that contradicts the slight lead for Obama:

...Other AP-GfK findings could signal trouble for Obama:

--While there is evidence that people feel more optimistic about the economy, 65 percent said it's difficult for them and their families to get ahead. More than one-third know of a family member who recently lost a job.

--More than 90 percent of Americans consider the economy an important issue, the highest ever in AP polling.

--Nearly 80 percent believe that the rising federal debt will hurt future generations, and Obama is getting mixed reviews at best for his handling of the issue...

moderate democrat
04-24-2009, 07:54 PM
Interesting that there's plenty here that contradicts the slight lead for Obama:

what is really interesting is that nobody from the right is willing to acknowledge that rather remarkable turnaround resulting in an over 400% improvement in the percentage of Americans who think we're headed in the right direction.

Interesting, but certainly not unexpected given the plethora of republican hacks who hang out here.

PostmodernProphet
04-24-2009, 07:59 PM
400% improvement

lol.....shucks, you can do better than that......let's see....when Obama was a junior senator in the state assembly there were probably 34,000 people that knew who he was and slightly more than half of them liked him......now, he's got at least 34 million....that's what, a two thousand percent improvement?.......cool......and that's just in the US......

(anyone know the formula for calculating the percentage of people who don't know what the fuck they are talking about?)

moderate democrat
04-24-2009, 08:15 PM
lol.....shucks, you can do better than that......let's see....when Obama was a junior senator in the state assembly there were probably 34,000 people that knew who he was and slightly more than half of them liked him......now, he's got at least 34 million....that's what, a two thousand percent improvement?.......cool......and that's just in the US......

percentage of Americans who thought the country was headed in the right direction in late October 2008: 8.3%

percentage of Americans who think America ius headed in the right direction today: 38%

38/8.3 = 457%

leave math to those of us with real educations....stick with posting pictures of seemingly retarded babies...it seems to be your only real niche.

PostmodernProphet
04-24-2009, 10:03 PM
leave math to those of us with real educations....stick with posting pictures of seemingly retarded babies...it seems to be your only real niche.

don't like my babies, MD?......I bet any one of my babies are smart enough to figure out that spending $10 trillion dollars that we don't have is going to fuck up their future.....just hope you don't end up in a nursing home about the time my babies grow up and start voting.....cause their gonna cut the funding for your Medicare-d ass real quick......

PostmodernProphet
04-24-2009, 10:11 PM
here's the forumla for irrelevancy, MD.....when your wrong, it don't matter how many people think you're right......

Insein
04-24-2009, 10:42 PM
Any red blooded American should be proud of this report!!!!!!!!!!!!! We haven't had one this good in YEARS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

By THE ASSOCIATED PRESS
Published: April 23, 2009
WASHINGTON (AP)

Millions of people jobless. Billions of dollars in bailouts. Trillions of dollars in U.S. debt. And yet, for the first time in years, more Americans than not say the country is on the right track.

In a sign that Barack Obama has inspired hopes for a brighter future in the first 100 days of his presidency, an Associated Press-GfK poll shows that 48 percent of Americans believe the United States is headed in the right direction -- compared with 44 percent who disagree.

The ''right direction'' number is up 8 points since February and a remarkable 31 points since October, the month before Obama's election.

I suspect we'll be seeing a lot more good news in the future concerning the direction of this republic!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If we could only somehow limit the fear, loathing and incessant whining from the lil' ones!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes and according to the polls, this should be John Kerry's second term. Shows you how accurate polls are, eh?

All this proves is that we have a serious problem in this country with the freedom of the press. They elected a president and they continue to show him as doing a good job despite the incredible outrage shown. At the very least after record job losses, a tanking economy and complete industries becoming bankrupt, Americans should be about 50-50 on the subject. It wouldn't even be an indictment on Obama if more people thought the country was headed in the wrong direction. But because the golden boy was elected and the media needs to keep the perception, they produce the headlines that show he is doing a good job.

We turned our heads for one moment and all of sudden we are living in the USSR. All is well, pay no attention to the man behind the curtain.

moderate democrat
04-25-2009, 07:46 AM
here's the forumla for irrelevancy, MD.....when your wrong, it don't matter how many people think you're right......

are you saying that I am wrong when I state that the number of Americans who think we are heading in the right direction has improved by over 400% since the days immediately before the last election? Or are you claiming that such information is irrelevant?

Mr. P
04-25-2009, 09:23 AM
I'd like to see those that lost 663,000 Jobs in March alone asked if THEY think the country is moving in the right direction.

Missileman
04-25-2009, 09:57 AM
are you saying that I am wrong when I state that the number of Americans who think we are heading in the right direction has improved by over 400% since the days immediately before the last election? Or are you claiming that such information is irrelevant?

Polls are like dickhead, part-time-preachers from Maine...it's a sure bet that any info coming from them is unreliable.

red states rule
04-25-2009, 10:18 AM
This was sent to me by a friend and it pretty much sums up my opinion of the first 100 days of Pres Obama - and the change we were promised?

Is this what libs like MD love, embrace, and support?

Mr. Obama:

I have had it with you and your administration, sir. Your conduct on your recent trip overseas has convinced me that you are not an adequate representative of the United States of America collectively or of me personally.

You are so obsessed with appeasing the Europeans and the Muslim world that you have abdicated the responsibilities of the President of the United States of America. You are responsible to the citizens of the United States. You are not responsible to the peoples of any other country on earth.

I personally resent that you go around the world apologizing for the United States telling Europeans that we are arrogant and do not care about their status in the world. Sir, what do you think the First World War and the Second World War were all about if not the consideration of the peoples of Europe? Are you brain dead? What do you think the Marshall Plan was all about? Do you not understand or know the history of the 20th century?

Where do you get off telling a Muslim country that the United States does not consider itself a Christian country? Have you not read the Declaration of Independence or the Constitution of the United States? This country was founded on Judeo-Christian ethics and the principles governing this country, at least until you came along, come directly from this heritage. Do you not understand this?

Your bowing to the king of Saudi Arabia is an affront to all Americans. Our President does not bow down to anyone, let alone the king of Saudi Arabia. You don't show Great Britain, our best and one of our oldest allies, the respect they deserve, yet you bow down to the king of Saudi Arabia. How dare you, sir! How dare you!

You can't find the time to visit the graves of our greatest generation because you don't want to offend the Germans but make time to visit a mosque in Turkey. You offended our dead and every veteran when you give the Germans more respect than the people who saved the German people from themselves. What's the matter with you? Are you on drugs or just stupid?

I am convinced that you and the members of your administration have the historical and intellectual depth of a mud puddle and should be ashamed of yourselves, all of you.

You are so self-righteously offended by the big bankers and the American automobile manufacturers yet do nothing about the real thieves in this situation, Mr. Dodd, Mr. Frank, Franklin Raines, Jamie Gorelic, the Fannie Mae bonuses, and the Freddie Mac bonuses. What do you intend to do about them? Anything? I seriously doubt it.

What about the U.S. House members passing out $9.1 million in bonuses to their staff members, on top of the $2.5 million in automatic pay raises that lawmakers gave themselves? I understand the average House aide got a 17% bonus. I took a 5% cut in my pay to save jobs with my employer. You haven't said anything about that. Who authorized that? I surely didn't!

Executives at Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac will be receiving $210 million in bonuses over an eighteen-month period, that's $45 million more than the AIG bonuses. In fact, Fannie and Freddie executives have already been awarded $51 million, not a bad take. Who authorized that and why haven't you expressed your outrage at this group who are largely responsible for the economic mess we have right now.

I resent that you take me and my fellow citizens as brain-dead and not caring about what you idiots do. We are watching what you are doing and we are getting increasingly fed up with all of you. I also want you to know that I personally find just about everything you do and say to be offensive to every one of my sensibilities. I promise you that I will work tirelessly to see that you do not get a chance to spend two terms destroying my beautiful country.

Sincerely,

On Behalf Of Every Real American

moderate democrat
04-25-2009, 11:02 AM
as expected, you ran away from my question.:lol:

red states rule
04-25-2009, 11:08 AM
as expected, you ran away from my question.:lol:

I answered the question Virgil. Only you and your ilk would be happy over only 1/3 of the voters saying the country is on the right track

moderate democrat
04-25-2009, 01:37 PM
I answered the question Virgil. Only you and your ilk would be happy over only 1/3 of the voters saying the country is on the right track

you didn't answer my question. explain...on the RCP poll page, the significance of the slope of the blue line.

Explain what has to happen to move the percentage from 8% to 38%

You cannot do it.

because you are a hack.

red states rule
04-25-2009, 01:41 PM
you didn't answer my question. explain...on the RCP poll page, the significance of the slope of the blue line.

Explain what has to happen to move the percentage from 8% to 38%

You cannot do it.

because you are a hack.

Again Virgil, only your ilk would be giddy over 1/3 of the coutry supporting your socialism and tax and spend polices

You calling someone a hack is like Al Capone calling someone a criminal :laugh2:

moderate democrat
04-25-2009, 01:48 PM
Again Virgil, only your ilk would be giddy over 1/3 of the coutry supporting your socialism and tax and spend polices

You calling someone a hack is like Al Capone calling someone a criminal :laugh2:

yet you cannot answer the question. why IS that? You asked me a question and I answered it thoughtfully. YOu cannot do the same.... probably because that pea brain of yours is incapable of producing any coherent thoughts without Rushbo feeding them to you first.

loser.

Explain the significance of the blue line from the RCP poll page. I dare you.:lol:

red states rule
04-25-2009, 01:51 PM
yet you cannot answer the question. why IS that? You asked me a question and I answered it thoughtfully. YOu cannot do the same.... probably because that pea brain of yours is incapable of producing any coherent thoughts without Rushbo feeding them to you first.

loser.

Explain the significance of the blue line from the RCP poll page. I dare you.:lol:

I do believe Virgil is getting slightly upset. :laugh2:

To bad only 1/3 of the country share your orgasmic support for the messiah and his policies

moderate democrat
04-25-2009, 01:59 PM
I do believe Virgil is getting slightly upset. :laugh2:

To bad only 1/3 of the country share your orgasmic support for the messiah and his policies

you're like the tarbaby, RSR...

you don't respond to anyone... hitting you with facts just gets one covered in tar.

When you grow up and figure out how to carry on an intelligent conversation...when you figure out how to answer questions as well as you ask them...let me know.

red states rule
04-25-2009, 02:04 PM
you're like the tarbaby, RSR...

you don't respond to anyone... hitting you with facts just gets one covered in tar.

When you grow up and figure out how to carry on an intelligent conversation...when you figure out how to answer questions as well as you ask them...let me know.

tarbaby? :laugh2:

Blast form the past

Originally Posted by manfrommaine
I agree completely. The finer points of most arguments fly at a significant altitude over his head.... and then he claims that I am tapdancing when I try to use the word "ALL" correctly in a sentence.

He is the tarbaby, honest he is....and I know I should stop slapping him because his "tarbaby-ness" just draws me into circular arguments with a moron that are a waste of time and thought.

shame on me.

Yurt
04-25-2009, 02:25 PM
you know, i don't think it matters that much if MD is or is not some other poster, the fact is he is MD now

red states rule
04-25-2009, 02:28 PM
you know, i don't think it matters that much if MD is or is not some other poster, the fact is he is MD now

Just exposing yet another lie uttered from the "preacher" from Maine Yurt. Yut must admit it is not that part to piece together the pieces ofthe puzzle

PostmodernProphet
04-25-2009, 03:52 PM
Or are you claiming that such information is irrelevant?

I'm saying that not only is it irrelevant, but 1) the people that think it are idiots and 2) the people that try to use the statistic to demonstrate correctness are even bigger idiots......

PostmodernProphet
04-25-2009, 03:55 PM

the significance is, as Mr. P said, that it shows the pollsters didn't pick their 1000 pollees from the 600,000 people who lost their jobs this month......

PostmodernProphet
04-25-2009, 03:55 PM
you know, i don't think it matters that much if md is or is not some other poster, the fact is he is md now

finally!!!!!!

Yurt
04-25-2009, 05:25 PM
finally!!!!!!

oh do shut up

PostmodernProphet
04-25-2009, 06:38 PM
oh do shut up

lol.....you need a new point guard.....can't handle the fast break anymore.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EGiBXYJiTF8&NR=1

Yurt
04-25-2009, 08:26 PM
you don't need a point guard but you do need....

http://pics.drugstore.com/prodimg/138535/200.jpg

http://logo.cafepress.com/6/18863.983946.jpg

PostmodernProphet
04-25-2009, 10:59 PM
http://pics.drugstore.com/prodimg/138535/200.jpg

hey, are you accusing me of being a right guard extremist?.......

Yurt
04-25-2009, 11:47 PM
hey, are you accusing me of being a right guard extremist?.......

stop sniffing the stuff dude...

PostmodernProphet
04-26-2009, 06:33 AM
stop sniffing the stuff dude...

one careless email criticizing the cosmetics industry for using embryos in testing and Napolitano has me on the no-fly list for being a Right Guard Xtremist.....

glockmail
04-27-2009, 09:23 AM
tarbaby? :laugh2:

Blast form the past

Originally Posted by manfrommaine
I agree completely. The finer points of most arguments fly at a significant altitude over his head.... and then he claims that I am tapdancing when I try to use the word "ALL" correctly in a sentence.

He is the tarbaby, honest he is....and I know I should stop slapping him because his "tarbaby-ness" just draws me into circular arguments with a moron that are a waste of time and thought.

shame on me.:lol: Looks like you caught him again.

red states rule
04-27-2009, 09:24 AM
:lol: Looks like you caught him again.

He does make it way to easy Glock - it is no longer much of a challenge

moderate democrat
04-27-2009, 10:16 AM
hey RSR...have you looked at the RCP polling data lately?:lol:

red states rule
04-28-2009, 05:49 AM
hey RSR...have you looked at the RCP polling data lately?:lol:

You make it way to easy Virgil!

Did you happen to look at the internals of the recent polls? First, are you going to take a Daily Kos poll seriously?

Then in both the ABC and CBS poll Democrats and liberals made up a majoroty of the sample. Both said how they oversampled blacks as well

So with a minorioty of self described conservatives of course Obama is going to get high approvals. It is what the poll set out to accomplish in the first place

moderate democrat
04-28-2009, 07:28 AM
You make it way to easy Virgil!

Did you happen to look at the internals of the recent polls? First, are you going to take a Daily Kos poll seriously?

Then in both the ABC and CBS poll Democrats and liberals made up a majoroty of the sample. Both said how they oversampled blacks as well

So with a minorioty of self described conservatives of course Obama is going to get high approvals. It is what the poll set out to accomplish in the first place

maybe I'm mistaken...I thought that you held Real Clear Politics up as an objective standard.

not so much now?

red states rule
04-28-2009, 07:31 AM
maybe I'm mistaken...I thought that you held Real Clear Politics up as an objective standard.

not so much now?

Perhaps you missed the point - ir ignoring it. The recent polls have an oversmpling of Dems and moderates. If you ran a poll with an oversample of conservatives what do you think the results would be?

moderate democrat
04-28-2009, 07:44 AM
Perhaps you missed the point - ir ignoring it. The recent polls have an oversmpling of Dems and moderates. If you ran a poll with an oversample of conservatives what do you think the results would be?

I think you don't know very much about polling methodology. oversampling serves only to reduce the margin of error in the oversampled group, it does not dilute or otherwise skew the overall sample percentages.

red states rule
04-28-2009, 07:45 AM
I think you don't know very much about polling methodology. oversampling serves only to reduce the margin of error in the oversampled group, it does not dilute or otherwise skew the overall sample percentages.

Yea, when liberal do their own poll and stack the sample with their fellow liberals - it does make it much easier to get the results they were seeking in the first place

moderate democrat
04-28-2009, 07:53 AM
Yea, when liberal do their own poll and stack the sample with their fellow liberals - it does make it much easier to get the results they were seeking in the first place

like I said, you clearly do not understand "oversampling" as it pertains to statistical analysis. Oversampling does not change the percentage of liberals in the overall sample size...it merely takes an oversample of liberals and uses that subset, when joined with the main sample group of liberals to get a more accurate assessment of liberal viewpoints and that accurate percentage it is then plugged back into the main sample size in exactly the same percentage as the original main sample percentage of liberals. Oversampling methodology does not "stack" the main sample group in any way. Again... oversampling does not serve to skew the overall results...it only limits the margin of error in the target subset.

I suggest you read a text on oversampling methodology in polling so that you don't appear quite so foolish in the future.

PostmodernProphet
04-28-2009, 08:43 AM

actually no.....oversampling serves to produce a desired result.....the measure of oversampling required is subjective, thus it produces subjective results.......

moderate democrat
04-28-2009, 12:00 PM
actually no.....oversampling serves to produce a desired result.....the measure of oversampling required is subjective, thus it produces subjective results.......

oversampling does NOT give more weight to any one group... it merely diminishes the error for the information on the group oversampled.

by your handle, you feel you are a postmodernprophet... obviously, you are not a postmodernstatistician.

I'd stick to prophesy if I were you.

moderate democrat
04-29-2009, 08:26 AM

btw.... have you had the opportunity to read up on what oversampling means? Do you now understand that oversampling groups does NOT give their opinions more weight in a poll?

red states rule
04-29-2009, 08:34 AM
btw.... have you had the opportunity to read up on what oversampling means? Do you now understand that oversampling groups does NOT give their opinions more weight in a poll?

I know this was a poll where the poll takers made sure their predetermined beliefs were confirmed by who they sampled

moderate democrat
04-29-2009, 08:38 AM
I know this was a poll where the poll takers made sure their predetermined beliefs were confirmed by who they sampled

so...you still don't know what oversampling means or why it is used? I didn't think so.

red states rule
04-29-2009, 08:39 AM
so...you still don't know what oversampling means or why it is used? I didn't think so.

I did Virgil. If it the same if you were talking the poll. You would ensure you get the results you wanted by who you asked

moderate democrat
04-29-2009, 08:44 AM
I did Virgil. If it the same if you were talking the poll. You would ensure you get the results you wanted by who you asked

clearly, you don't know what oversampling is or why it is employed. And you clearly have no idea how it is incorporated into the poll's tabulations.

but that does not stop you from ignorantly ranting about it!:lol:

red states rule
04-29-2009, 08:45 AM
clearly, you don't know what oversampling is or why it is employed. And you clearly have no idea how it is incorporated into the poll's tabulations.

but that does not stop you from ignorantly ranting about it!:lol:

They wanted a poll that gave the Chosen One a high approval rating and they got it by sampling more liberals and moderates then conservatives

moderate democrat
04-29-2009, 08:49 AM
They wanted a poll that gave the Chosen One a high approval rating and they got it by sampling more liberals and moderates then conservatives

proof positive that you do NOT understand what oversampling is.:lol:

PostmodernProphet
04-29-2009, 09:31 AM
oversampling does NOT give more weight to any one group... it merely diminishes the error for the information on the group oversampled.

obviously, the estimation of "error" that needs to be diminished is a subjective estimation......the amount of weight needed to counter that "error" is also a subjective estimation.....the net result is that the poll has no net results.......

in short, the poll taker calculates how much he needs to alter the polls to reach the result he expects to reach......that is not polling, that is manipulation......

moderate democrat
04-29-2009, 09:34 AM
obviously, the estimation of "error" that needs to be diminished is a subjective estimation......the amount of weight needed to counter that "error" is also a subjective estimation.....the net result is that the poll has no net results.......

wrong. the percentage weight given to any subgroup within the poll population is not changed one iota by oversampling. just because more blacks or liberals were OVERsampled did not mean that their opinions were given more weight than conservatives or whites. it only means that the margin of error within those subgroups is less.

mundame
04-29-2009, 09:54 AM
the percentage weight given to any subgroup within the poll population is not changed one iota by oversampling. just because more blacks or liberals were OVERsampled did not mean that their opinions were given more weight than conservatives or whites. it only means that the margin of error within those subgroups is less.

I looked this term "oversampling" up, but this is a better explanation than I found.

So if you sample 200 people from a population with 9% blacks, that would be only 18 people and if 6 of them happen to be Repulblicans or communists, that would be an odd poll result. So they oversample that black population, taking say another 20, and then take a percentage of all that --- so they'd have 3 communists, 3 Republicans, and the rest all Dems or not registered, so the pollsters would have more confidence that this better represents the actual population.

I don't know............I think it's radical. As a veteran of a class in sampling long ago, I'd like to see simply larger samples, and fortunately metapolls such as the RCP average of polls does help in finding a way toward larger samples of the actual population.

moderate democrat
04-29-2009, 10:03 AM
I looked this term "oversampling" up, but this is a better explanation than I found.

So if you sample 200 people from a population with 9% blacks, that would be only 18 people and if 6 of them happen to be Repulblicans or communists, that would be an odd poll result. So they oversample that black population, taking say another 20, and then take a percentage of all that --- so they'd have 3 communists, 3 Republicans, and the rest all Dems or not registered, so the pollsters would have more confidence that this better represents the actual population.

I don't know............I think it's radical. As a veteran of a class in sampling long ago, I'd like to see simply larger samples, and fortunately metapolls such as the RCP average of polls does help in finding a way toward larger samples of the actual population.

the point that I was trying to make to RSR and PMP is that oversampling does mot increase the percentage of blacks in the 200 sample... the black opinions would still only account for 9% of that total.

mundame
04-29-2009, 10:08 AM
the point that I was trying to make to RSR and PMP is that oversampling does mot increase the percentage of blacks in the 200 sample... the black opinions would still only account for 9% of that total.

Right. I got that, but didn't make it explicit in my post.

The percentage of the subgroup opinions stays at 9% within the whole sample, but they may use more persons within that 9% to smooth out the sampling errors of small samples.

moderate democrat
04-29-2009, 10:14 AM
Right. I got that, but didn't make it explicit in my post.

The percentage of the subgroup opinions stays at 9% within the whole sample, but they may use more persons within that 9% to smooth out the sampling errors of small samples.

exactly. RSR wants to maintain his ridiculous assertion that by oversampling groups, the pollsters somehow weighted them more than their real percentage of the population.

notice how he won't address that point?:lol:

glockmail
04-29-2009, 10:23 AM

I don't know............I think it's radical. As a veteran of a class in sampling long ago, I'd like to see simply larger samples, and fortunately metapolls such as the RCP average of polls does help in finding a way toward larger samples of the actual population.All this shows me is that the numbers can be manipulated easily.

mundame
04-29-2009, 10:23 AM
that by oversampling groups, the pollsters somehow weighted them more than their real percentage of the population.

This has been a very clear discussion of this issue, thanx. The new technique came up last election, and I didn't understand it till now.

mundame
04-29-2009, 10:29 AM
All this shows me is that the numbers can be manipulated easily.

Okay --- they could be. Suppose you were a pollster who wanted to push the Dems. And suppose you got some subgroup results more favorable to Dems than others. Indeed, you suspected that the results might be sampling error in some cases.

You could decide to oversample some subgroups and bring them into line with what you believed the population norms to be; but not oversample the subgroups that confirmed the results you wanted to show the public.

That, of course, would not be ethical.

Again, I prefer large samples, and metapolls. I go by the RCP averages only, and take little interest in single polls. The wide variation in polls since the last election would discourage anyone from supposing any one represented reality, I would think.

glockmail
04-29-2009, 10:38 AM
Okay --- they could be. Suppose you were a pollster who wanted to push the Dems. And suppose you got some subgroup results more favorable to Dems than others. Indeed, you suspected that the results might be sampling error in some cases.

You could decide to oversample some subgroups and bring them into line with what you believed the population norms to be; but not oversample the subgroups that confirmed the results you wanted to show the public.

That, of course, would not be ethical.

Again, I prefer large samples, and metapolls. I go by the RCP averages only, and take little interest in single polls. The wide variation in polls since the last election would discourage anyone from supposing any one represented reality, I would think.

Polls are conducted by telephone and I never answer my home phone, but let the machine pick it up. The only people who don't do this are people with too much time on their hands: Democrats. So I have no faith in polls right off.

I had a pollster call me once years ago. The girl on the line acted all hissy when I gave her my conservative opinions. Plus that questions were "loaded".

But if you're a pollster and want to manipulate the polls, just toss out the completed questionnaires that you don't like.

mundame
04-29-2009, 10:48 AM
Polls are conducted by telephone and I never answer my home phone, but let the machine pick it up. The only people who don't do this are people with too much time on their hands: Democrats. So I have no faith in polls right off.

http://macg.net/emoticons/smilebow.gif (http://macg.net/emoticons/smilebow.gif)
The polls ended up pretty close to the elections, but I agree, I don't see how.

I had a pollster call me once years ago. The girl on the line acted all hissy when I gave her my conservative opinions. Plus that questions were "loaded".

Sounds like a "push poll." They are propaganda for a candidate (against the other candidate, usually) and as soon as I see that it has loaded questions ("Did you know McCain has "adopted" a black baby?) I hang up.

People think these are real polls and keep listening and answering! Maybe only the first time or two, however. I would suppose push polling is a lot of why people refuse to take polls -- it's a really dirty election tactic.

moderate democrat
04-29-2009, 10:51 AM
I agree concerning push polling. the polls averaged by RCP are reputable polling organizations with objective methodologies.

Insein
04-30-2009, 01:42 PM
There is only one poll that matters and it happens once every year (important ones every 2 and 4 years though). Obama looked good in that poll so we will see how people feel next poll in 2010. That will be the only accurate poll to go by since its the only one that counts.

Psychoblues
05-06-2009, 11:53 PM
So far, so good!!!!!!!!!!!

There is only one poll that matters and it happens once every year (important ones every 2 and 4 years though). Obama looked good in that poll so we will see how people feel next poll in 2010. That will be the only accurate poll to go by since its the only one that counts.

You ain't all scared and hateful about it, are you?!?!?!?!?!?!??!??!?!

Psychoblues

red states rule
05-07-2009, 04:56 AM
So far, so good!!!!!!!!!!!

You ain't all scared and hateful about it, are you?!?!?!?!?!?!??!??!?!

Psychoblues

Yep, 36% say the country is on the right track. I guess these people are not being stimulated yet

http://www.quinnipiac.edu/x1295.xml?ReleaseID=1291

moderate democrat
05-07-2009, 06:03 AM
again....look how far we've come since November!

red states rule
05-07-2009, 06:09 AM
again....look how far we've come since November!

and we will wait to see how far you will sink after people learn they lost $7 billion on the Chrysler deal, the WH threatening lawyers who do not agree with them, no tax cut but tax increases, and as the economy sinks lower

moderate democrat
05-07-2009, 06:17 AM
and we will wait to see how far you will sink after people learn they lost $7 billion on the Chrysler deal, the WH threatening lawyers who do not agree with them, no tax cut but tax increases, and as the economy sinks lower

YOu mean, "IF we seek".

It is sad to see you hoping for failure.

red states rule
05-07-2009, 06:23 AM
YOu mean, "IF we seek".

It is sad to see you hoping for failure.

I am looking at what is happening NOW

The administration confirmed the taxpayers lost all $7 billion that was given to Chrysler. It is obvious the Republcans who said Chrysler should go bankrupt were correct

It is clear WH hacks did threaten lawyers who dared to stand up for contract law and not agree with Obama on Chrysler

Obama attacks business and investors and wonders why they do not support his policies

Congress is drafting bill that would reapeal Obama's $13/wk tax cut and ALL Bush tax cuts to pay for Obama Care

The economy has suck lower since Obama took office, the "stimulus" bill is doing nothing, and the jobs report will come out in about an hour. We will see how many more people are living the change Obama is bringing the nation

moderate democrat
05-07-2009, 06:37 AM
I am looking at what is happening NOW

The administration confirmed the taxpayers lost all $7 billion that was given to Chrysler. It is obvious the Republcans who said Chrysler should go bankrupt were correct

It is clear WH hacks did threaten lawyers who dared to stand up for contract law and not agree with Obama on Chrysler

Obama attacks business and investors and wonders why they do not support his policies

Congress is drafting bill that would reapeal Obama's $13/wk tax cut and ALL Bush tax cuts to pay for Obama Care

The economy has suck lower since Obama took office, the "stimulus" bill is doing nothing, and the jobs report will come out in about an hour. We will see how many more people are living the change Obama is bringing the nation

the stock market is higher today than when he took office... the direction of the country polling summarized at RCP has shown steady improvement. You want America to fail so that people will not vote for democrats. party over country for you... 24/7.

red states rule
05-07-2009, 06:48 AM
the stock market is higher today than when he took office... the direction of the country polling summarized at RCP has shown steady improvement. You want America to fail so that people will not vote for democrats. party over country for you... 24/7.

By what 300 points or so? Yippe

Down about 2,000 since he was elected and talking about what he would do once he was in office

Again, about 1/3 support the direction the coutry is going - and you are giddy

How is pointing out facts and current events hoping for fialure?

Need I remind you of a poll taken during the height of the Iraq war where a majority of Dems said they wanted the US to fail in Iraq?

There is a clear case of Dems putting party (and the lives of our troops) ahead of the country

I see you ignored recent events of the Obama administraton - not surprised however

moderate democrat
05-07-2009, 10:08 AM
By what 300 points or so? Yippe

Down about 2,000 since he was elected and talking about what he would do once he was in office

Again, about 1/3 support the direction the coutry is going - and you are giddy

How is pointing out facts and current events hoping for fialure?

Need I remind you of a poll taken during the height of the Iraq war where a majority of Dems said they wanted the US to fail in Iraq?

There is a clear case of Dems putting party (and the lives of our troops) ahead of the country

I see you ignored recent events of the Obama administraton - not surprised however

to answer your points:

YOU were the one who was whinging about the DJIA tanking after Obama got in office....not so much anymore, I see. Fact is: it is higher now than when he took office.

I am far from giddy about the mood in America. I am, however, encouraged by the marked improvement in the mood of America since the election. The 500% increase in Americans who think we are now headed in the right direction is a good sign. I am sorry that, for you, the glass is half empty.

I do NOT recall a poll where a majority of Americans wanted us to fail in Iraq. I know for myself that I have always thought that the war was a stupid thing to have started, and I have always thought that the long term consequences would be detrimental.... but I have always wanted our troops to succeed on the battleground. I have always wanted them to prevail.

No administration is perfect...this one is, I believe, heading in the right direction and, just like I did for George W. Bush and his father before him, I am willing to cut Obama a lot of slack in the beginning and hope he succeeds in uniting this nation and in reversing our fortunes from the previous eight years.

red states rule
05-07-2009, 02:23 PM
to answer your points:

YOU were the one who was whinging about the DJIA tanking after Obama got in office....not so much anymore, I see. Fact is: it is higher now than when he took office.

I am far from giddy about the mood in America. I am, however, encouraged by the marked improvement in the mood of America since the election. The 500% increase in Americans who think we are now headed in the right direction is a good sign. I am sorry that, for you, the glass is half empty.

I do NOT recall a poll where a majority of Americans wanted us to fail in Iraq. I know for myself that I have always thought that the war was a stupid thing to have started, and I have always thought that the long term consequences would be detrimental.... but I have always wanted our troops to succeed on the battleground. I have always wanted them to prevail.

No administration is perfect...this one is, I believe, heading in the right direction and, just like I did for George W. Bush and his father before him, I am willing to cut Obama a lot of slack in the beginning and hope he succeeds in uniting this nation and in reversing our fortunes from the previous eight years.

So in 3 1/2 months the Obama boom has increased the Dow by about 300 points - gee people can now retire early

So you are giddy the taxpayers lost all $7 billion that was given to Chrysler? It is obvious the Republcans who said Chrysler should go bankrupt were correct

You are giddy WH hacks did threaten lawyers who dared to stand up for contract law and not agree with Obama on Chrysler?

You are giddy Obama attacks business and investors and wonders why they do not support his policies?

You are giddy Congress is drafting bill that would reapeal Obama's $13/wk tax cut and ALL Bush tax cuts to pay for Obama Care?

Here is the poll you "forgot" about. You posted about it under MFM

If it's unpatriotic and supposedly treasonous for conservative talk radio host Rush Limbaugh to want Barack Obama's policies to fail in the middle of a serious recession, is it similarly so for Democrats who wished President Bush wouldn't succeed while the nation was at war?

In August 2006, a Fox News/Opinion Dynamics poll asked the following of 900 registered voters:

Regardless of how you voted in the presidential election, would you say you want President Bush to succeed or not

Yes, that says 51 percent of Democrats and 34 percent of Independents didn't want President Bush to succeed...even though our nation was at war in Iraq and Afghanistan.

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/noel-sheppard/2009/03/09/most-democrats-wanted-bush-fail-2006-poll-will-media-care

moderate democrat
05-07-2009, 02:32 PM
So in 3 1/2 months the Obama boom has increased the Dow by about 300 points - gee people can now retire early

300 point gain in three months. considering the sewer the dow had fallen into under Bush, that is pretty good, don't you think?

So you are giddy the taxpayers lost all $7 billion that was given to Chrysler? It is obvious the Republcans who said Chrysler should go bankrupt were correct

I am not giddy about anything...see above

You are giddy WH hacks did threaten lawyers who dared to stand up for contract law and not agree with Obama on Chrysler?
I like it when politicians play hardball

You are giddy Obama attacks business and investors and wonders why they do not support his policies?
your opinion... I don't share it

You are giddy Congress is drafting bill that would reapeal Obama's $13/wk tax cut and ALL Bush tax cuts to pay for Obama Care?
not giddy about it at all

Here is the poll you "forgot" about. You posted about it under MFM

If it's unpatriotic and supposedly treasonous for conservative talk radio host Rush Limbaugh to want Barack Obama's policies to fail in the middle of a serious recession, is it similarly so for Democrats who wished President Bush wouldn't succeed while the nation was at war?

In August 2006, a Fox News/Opinion Dynamics poll asked the following of 900 registered voters:

Regardless of how you voted in the presidential election, would you say you want President Bush to succeed or not

Yes, that says 51 percent of Democrats and 34 percent of Independents didn't want President Bush to succeed...even though our nation was at war in Iraq and Afghanistan.I've never posted about that poll before and I do not share its views. I have always wanted our troops to succeed militarily in Iraq and Afghanistan. I have always wanted my country to succeed regardless of who was leading it.

red states rule
05-07-2009, 02:34 PM
300 point gain in three months. considering the sewer the dow had fallen into under Bush, that is pretty good, don't you think?

I am not giddy about anything...see above

I like it when politicians play hardball

your opinion... I don't share it

not giddy about it at all
I've never posted about that poll before and I do not share its views. I have always wanted our troops to succeed militarily in Iraq and Afghanistan. I have always wanted my country to succeed regardless of who was leading it.

Besides ducking all the facts I posted remember this Virgil, on Jan 20 Obama entered the record books with the biggest Dow drop in Inaguration history. The Dow was tanking constantly after he won on Nov 20

But as usual, you inability to deal with reality forces you to to duck, dodge, and use the "blame Bush" talking points

moderate democrat
05-07-2009, 02:38 PM
Besides ducking all the facts I posted remember this Virgil, on Jan 20 Obama entered the record books with the biggest Dow drop in Inaguration history. The Dow was tanking constantly after he won on Nov 20

But as usual, you inability to deal with reality forces you to to duck, dodge, and use the "blame Bush" talking points

tell me what the DJIA was on Bush's inauguration day.

tell me what it was the day he left.

THAT is HIS legacy. Obama's will be measured in a similar fashion.

Again...you asked me before if I was giddy about something... I said I wasn't giddy about anything. then you reply telling me that I am giddy about a host of things. can't you read?

red states rule
05-08-2009, 09:12 AM
tell me what the DJIA was on Bush's inauguration day.

tell me what it was the day he left.

THAT is HIS legacy. Obama's will be measured in a similar fashion.

Again...you asked me before if I was giddy about something... I said I wasn't giddy about anything. then you reply telling me that I am giddy about a host of things. can't you read?

No, the Obama legacy is being written as we speak. Another 539,000 were stimulated out of a job -and unemeployment hit 8.9%

The second coming of Jimmy Carter is upon us

You are giddy that people are suffering - and really giddy some of them are Republicnas. You posted that not to long ago

The more people hurting the better it is for your party - and that is your only concern Virgil

Jeff
05-08-2009, 09:43 AM
No, the Obama legacy is being written as we speak. Another 539,000 were stimulated out of a job -and unemeployment hit 8.9%

The second coming of Jimmy Carter is upon us

You are giddy that people are suffering - and really giddy some of them are Republicnas. You posted that not to long ago

The more people hurting the better it is for your party - and that is your only concern Virgil

By the time Obama is done Jimmy Carter will look like a saint

Trigg
05-08-2009, 10:25 AM
Meanwhile the congressional approval rating is in the low 30s.

If they stay on the same track, they'll loose their majority and bambam's easy ride will be over.

I just hope the republicans that will replace them show some fiscal responsibility this time.

red states rule
05-08-2009, 10:35 AM
Meanwhile the congressional approval rating is in the low 30s.

If they stay on the same track, they'll loose their majority and bambam's easy ride will be over.

I just hope the republicans that will replace them show some fiscal responsibility this time.

So the Reid/Pelosi Congress have the same approval number as Pres Bush - yet we are to support whatever they want to pass all in the spirit of bipartisanship???????