PDA

View Full Version : Pelosi Says She Wasn't Briefed On Torture

red states rule
04-24-2009, 06:14 AM
Pelosi is backed into the corner and is now trying to lie her way out. With help from her allies in the liberal media

She says she was told about the methods - but she did not think they would use them!!

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/n9cwViwP9LQ&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/n9cwViwP9LQ&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

red states rule
04-24-2009, 08:30 AM
BUSTED!!!!!!!!!

UPDATE: A Pelosi spokesman passes along her response to the article when it first appeared, claiming that Pelosi's successor on the intel committee -- Yep, Jane Harman -- lodged a protest with the CIA when she learned waterboarding was in use.

"On one occasion, in the fall of 2002, I was briefed on interrogation techniques the Administration was considering using in the future. The Administration advised that legal counsel for the both the CIA and the Department of Justice had concluded that the techniques were legal.

I had no further briefings on the techniques. Several months later, my successor as Ranking Member of the House Intelligence Committee, Jane Harman, was briefed more extensively and advised the techniques had in fact been employed. It was my understanding at that time that Congresswoman Harman filed a letter in early 2003 to the CIA to protest the use of such techniques, a protest with which I concurred."

Lower down in the article, the authors and their sources acknowledge Pelosi & Co. were severely constrained in what they could do with the information — and had no way of knowing how the techniques would ultimately used or abused in a pre-Abu Gharaib era.

Congressional officials say the groups' ability to challenge the practices was hampered by strict rules of secrecy that prohibited them from being able to take notes or consult legal experts or members of their own staffs. And while various officials have described the briefings as detailed and graphic, it is unclear precisely what members were told about waterboarding and how it is conducted. Several officials familiar with the briefings also recalled that the meetings were marked by an atmosphere of deep concern about the possibility of an imminent terrorist attack.

"In fairness, the environment was different then because we were closer to Sept. 11 and people were still in a panic," said one U.S. official present during the early briefings. "But there was no objecting, no hand-wringing. The attitude was, 'We don't care what you do to those guys as long as you get the information you need to protect the American people.'"

http://www.politico.com/blogs/glennthrush/0409/Pelosi_briefed_on_waterboarding_in_02_.html

actsnoblemartin
04-24-2009, 05:01 PM
yeah right, and if you believe that. Ive got a pony to sell you out back

:lol:

Pelosi is backed into the corner and is now trying to lie her way out. With help from her allies in the liberal media

She says she was told about the methods - but she did not think they would use them!!

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/n9cwViwP9LQ&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/n9cwViwP9LQ&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

PostmodernProphet
04-24-2009, 05:23 PM
yeah right, and if you believe that. Ive got a pony to sell you out back

:lol:

martin.....this woman is one of the top leaders of your chosen party.....are you doubting her word?.......

actsnoblemartin
04-24-2009, 05:49 PM
yes i am, I dont trust her. I dont like her, she is a snobby, arrogant, person

I would rather have more moderate dems like harold ford and the d.l.c. then pelosi's ilk

martin.....this woman is one of the top leaders of your chosen party.....are you doubting her word?.......

PostmodernProphet
04-24-2009, 08:12 PM
I would rather have more moderate dems like harold ford and the d.l.c. then pelosi's ilk

don't expect to see folks like Ford in the leadership of the Democratic Party, Martin......

actsnoblemartin
04-24-2009, 08:35 PM
i wont hold my breath

don't expect to see folks like Ford in the leadership of the Democratic Party, Martin......

PostmodernProphet
04-24-2009, 09:57 PM
i wont hold my breath

odd that you support a party that wouldn't choose the people you like to lead it........

Immanuel
04-24-2009, 10:05 PM
Oh please! What did she want them to do? Take her down and show her the procedure as it was being done?

Give me a break... she's pretending to be stupid... oh, wait, maybe she's not pretending? Maybe she just thinks America is stupid after all SF has voted her into office how many times?

Immie

Mr. P
04-24-2009, 10:17 PM
She takes her que from the "I didn't have sex with that woman" master of lies.

red states rule
04-25-2009, 10:14 AM
This is truly unbelievable. I guess getting your head cut off with a dull blade is not torture, because you die. I guess jumping out of burning skyscraper is not torture because you die.

Maybe the solution is to waterboard these guys, and if they don’t talk, they should drowned.

Or our troops simply no longer take any prisoners

No1tovote4
04-25-2009, 10:27 AM
Pelosi is lying because she knows that most Congressmen will not break the silence.

It's too late, we all know she was briefed.

red states rule
04-25-2009, 10:32 AM
Pelosi is lying because she knows that most Congressmen will not break the silence.

It's too late, we all know she was briefed.

and since her party is running theings, she knows she is safe. Dems wil sweep this under the rug, all while thumping their chests and bellowing how the poor terrorists were mistreated, and how America needs to take the high road

Dems are playing politics with the lives of every American, and using those who have kept us safe as scapegoats and have painted a bullseye on their chests