PDA

View Full Version : Bankruptcy? Say it ain't so BAMBAM!!

Mr. P
04-24-2009, 02:15 PM
So after 4 billion to Chrysler and some to GM just a few months ago to bail em out..both are talking bankruptcy. Chrysler next week and GM the week after? Damn, Bambam and Congress shoulda listened to everyone saying let them seek BK relief a loan ain't gonna work...

How do you feel being an UNSECURED CREDITOR, AMERICA? We ain't gonna get that money back ya know. THANKS BAMBAM!!!

Yurt
04-24-2009, 03:45 PM
didn't bush give them money as well

Mr. P
04-24-2009, 04:25 PM
didn't bush give them money as well

Don't think so..auto makers were just recent.The financial (wall street) were before..which shouldn't have happened either.

Yurt
04-24-2009, 04:34 PM
Don't think so..auto makers were just recent.The financial (wall street) were before..which shouldn't have happened either.

i thought this happened:

U.S. President George W. Bush today said his administration is prepared to loan $17.4 billion to the three major U.S. automakers.

The offer comes a little more than a week after the U.S. Congress refused to come to the rescue. But Bush said he really had no alternative but to step in.
http://www.rferl.org/content/After_Congress_Refuses_Bush_Gives_174_Billion_Loan _To_US_Carmakers_/1361747.html

even if the money never actually reached them until obama became president, bush wanted it

Mr. P
04-24-2009, 04:34 PM
OMG!!! Just heard we're giving another 2 BILLION to em!!!

Gawd help us!!!!

Mr. P
04-24-2009, 04:40 PM
i thought this happened:

U.S. President George W. Bush today said his administration is prepared to loan $17.4 billion to the three major U.S. automakers.

The offer comes a little more than a week after the U.S. Congress refused to come to the rescue. But Bush said he really had no alternative but to step in.
http://www.rferl.org/content/After_Congress_Refuses_Bush_Gives_174_Billion_Loan _To_US_Carmakers_/1361747.html

even if the money never actually reached them until obama became president, bush wanted it

So, it's still wrong. But it did happen under Bambam.

actsnoblemartin
04-24-2009, 04:53 PM
I admit even as a new democrat, i am not happy with the level of spending by obama

Yurt
04-24-2009, 05:28 PM
I admit even as a new democrat, i am not happy with the level of spending by obama

new....you mean recovering democrat....because you have been one before or thrice

actsnoblemartin
04-24-2009, 05:48 PM
never officially.

meaning, i changed to democrat in my mind, but never registered as one.

now im a registered democrat for the first time

maybe im splitting hairs

:lol:

new....you mean recovering democrat....because you have been one before or thrice

04-24-2009, 05:55 PM
This is exactly what the automakers should have done to begin with and everyone knows this.

So we have just wasted all of this money, for what exactly? The same exact result.

I am so sick and tired of this spend mentality. I dont care whether you blame Bush or Obama. This is just freaking ridiculous. I could run this country better than both of them.

actsnoblemartin
04-24-2009, 05:59 PM
keen and insightful analysis

This is exactly what the automakers should have done to begin with and everyone knows this.

So we have just wasted all of this money, for what exactly? The same exact result.

I am so sick and tired of this spend mentality. I dont care whether you blame Bush or Obama. This is just freaking ridiculous. I could run this country better than both of them.

Insein
04-24-2009, 10:45 PM

Problem is that I think a majority of Americans could run these industries better without trying. If you let them fail on their own, then others will take their place.

However, we all know that this is deliberate. We "gave" billions to the car industry to do what we all knew they would do anyway and no one asks where did that money go? Politicians paid off lobbyists and contributors for their support during campaigns.

hjmick
04-25-2009, 01:24 AM
I hear GM is cutting the Pontiac line. Will that make my wife's Gran Prix a collector?

Kathianne
04-25-2009, 05:49 AM
Problem is that I think a majority of Americans could run these industries better without trying. If you let them fail on their own, then others will take their place.

However, we all know that this is deliberate. We "gave" billions to the car industry to do what we all knew they would do anyway and no one asks where did that money go? Politicians paid off lobbyists and contributors for their support during campaigns.

I don't think most Americans could run the auto industry, but I know the government can't.

It seems there is a deliberate attempt out to kill our economy as it's been.

PostmodernProphet
04-25-2009, 06:40 AM
/e waiting for Obama to offer to pick up the cost of union pensions.......

that would pretty much be the last straw for me.....

Insein
04-25-2009, 10:35 PM
I don't think most Americans could run the auto industry, but I know the government can't.

It seems there is a deliberate attempt out to kill our economy as it's been.

In the respect that they too could have let it fail, then yes they could have. Except it wouldnt have cost us nearly as much.

Yurt
04-25-2009, 10:39 PM
In the respect that they too could have let it fail, then yes they could have. Except it wouldnt have cost us nearly as much.

yes, i knew the bailouts would not work...and lo and behold...billions down the drain...