PDA

View Full Version : Civility and Tolerance in the Age of Obama

red states rule
04-25-2009, 12:38 PM
The liberal version of civility and tolerance can be found in many places these days

Seems tio me the left are more angry and more nasty even after the winning the last election

Civility and Tolerance in the Age of Obama

Michelle Malkin

They told us if Barack Obama were elected, the nation would come together. Souls would be fixed. Spirits would be healed. Public discourse would be elevated. Welcome to civility and tolerance in the Age of Obama:

— Celebrity leech/trash blogger Perez Hilton took to the Internet and TV airwaves to humiliate a beauty pageant contestant who gave what he considered an "offensive" answer about gay marriage. Hilton, inexplicably serving as a judge for the Miss USA contest, asked Miss California, Carrie Prejean, whether she supported the legalization of gay marriage. Prejean respectfully answered: "I think that I believe that a marriage should be between a man and a woman. No offense to anybody out there, but that's how I was raised." President Obama, by the way, defines marriage the same way Prejean does.

No matter. Hilton immediately lambasted Prejean as a "dumb b*tch" in a viral YouTube video he taped after the pageant Sunday night. He apologized the next morning for the attack, then retracted his apology, then escalated his divisive rhetoric. On Tuesday afternoon, Hilton told an MSNBC female anchor that he was thinking of an even more vulgar epithet — the "c-word" — as he listened to Prejean's answer. The female anchor said nothing. Basking in his new role as thought and speech enforcer, Hilton told CNN's Larry King that beauty pageant contestants must bow to the tolerance mob: "Yes. I do expect Miss USA to be politically correct."

And apparently, the Miss USA organizers agree. Instead of apologizing for Hilton's vile behavior, the pageant director of the Miss California contest, Keith Lewis, sent a note to Hilton throwing Prejean under the bus: "I am personally saddened and hurt that Miss CA USA 2009 believes marriage rights belong only to a man and a woman. … Religious beliefs have no place in politics in the Miss CA family."

http://www.creators.com/opinion/michelle-malkin.html?columnsName=mim

PostmodernProphet
04-25-2009, 04:03 PM
Hilton told CNN's Larry King that beauty pageant contestants must bow to the tolerance mob: "Yes. I do expect Miss USA to be politically correct."

wait....in a democracy, wouldn't "politically" correct be what the majority believes?.....I think we should have a new phrase.....maybe "suck-up correct", for when people want to suck up to a particular minority......

red states rule
04-25-2009, 05:37 PM
While riding with my co-worker and loyal liberal Blue States Rule - he lost it when I kept pressing him about the esxcessive spending of Obama

He blew his top - screamed how the Dems were now running things - and if I did not like it I could fuck off

He screamed how Republicans fucked things up for 8 years (but always ignores Dems ran Congress and thus controled spending for the last 2 years and approved ALL the bailouts) and Dems have only had less then 4 months to fix things

BSR showed how think skinned libs are these days to the facts, truth, and reality of how druck with power the Dems really are

April15
04-25-2009, 07:05 PM
The question posed to Carrie Pragean was one that need not be asked in a beauty pagent. I think she answered it well. She should have won. Oh well Gore should have one also.
The intolerance of liberals is a hang over from Bush days. Stay the course is a hard mantra to put aside.

red states rule
04-25-2009, 07:07 PM
The question posed to Carrie Pragean was one that need not be asked in a beauty pagent. I think she answered it well. She should have won. Oh well Gore should have one also.
The intolerance of liberals is a hang over from Bush days. Stay the course is a hard mantra to put aside.

and what about Garofalo actually calling Tea Party-goers "a bunch of teabagging rednecks," adding "this is about hating a black man in the White House. This is racism straight up."

I wonder how Ms Garofalo feels about the treatment Thomas Sowell, Shelby Steele, Cosby, and all the other African-Americans who dare to think for themselves receive from the so-called enlightened members of the far left of which she is a part of.

Or the Obama Homeland Security tagging conservatives as possible enemies of the state?

Sorry April, the hate from the left has never stopped and will not stop as long as poeple are aspeaking out against them

April15
04-25-2009, 07:14 PM
and what about Garofalo actually calling Tea Party-goers "a bunch of teabagging rednecks," adding "this is about hating a black man in the White House. This is racism straight up."

I wonder how Ms Garofalo feels about the treatment Thomas Sowell, Shelby Steele, Cosby, and all the other African-Americans who dare to think for themselves receive from the so-called enlightened members of the far left of which she is a part of.

Or the Obama Homeland Security tagging conservatives as possible enemies of the state?

Sorry April, the hate from the left has never stopped and will not stop as long as poeple are aspeaking out against them

Bill cosby has been shuned by many blacks. As to grafolo she is free to speak, you don't have to listen.

red states rule
04-25-2009, 07:16 PM
Bill cosby has been shuned by many blacks. As to grafolo she is free to speak, you don't have to listen.

If I told you that black people were racist, just because they're black, you'd laugh. It's an insult that doubles back on itself, and proves that the accuser is more guilty of the accusation than the accused.

Here, Garofalo spews accusations of hatred and racism, yet in the act of doing so, proves her own hatred and, yes, racism.

and she gets a pass from the Dems who claim to be the party that is always ready to stamp out racism whereever they find it (but only when it comes from memebrs on the right. The racism does have to be real BTW)

Meanwhile, Olbermann offers yet another testament to his brilliance. He, the man who is trailing Fox by miles, lectures us on the relationship between content and ratings: "eventually you will marginalize yourself out of business, won't you?"

Look at Drudge's ratings:

FOXNEWS O'REILLY 3,980,000
FOXNEWS HANNITY 3,239,000
FOXNEWS GRETA 2,947,000
FOXNEWS BECK 2,740,000
FOXNEWS BAIER 2,401,000
FOXNEWS SHEP 2,185,000
COMEDY DAILY SHOW 1,777,000
MSNBC OLBERMANN 1,499,000

April15
04-25-2009, 07:27 PM
The stats are nice but mean nothing to me as I don't view any of them.

red states rule
04-25-2009, 07:30 PM
The stats are nice but mean nothing to me as I don't view any of them.

I wonder how Keith feels to be at the bottom of the ratings as usual?

Liberals always claim racism. Probably because they are so they think everyone else is.