PDA

View Full Version : Forget That Tax Cut For 95% of Americans

red states rule
04-25-2009, 05:11 PM
Obama and the Dems are sending their takeover of the health care system into reconciliation so they won't need 60 votes to ram it down our throats.

In the process, they're planning on raising our taxes.

Is this the change you Obama supporters voted for?

Back door deals, higher taxes for nearly everyone, and bigger and more expensive government?

Budget deal could set up health care plan
Maneuver would circumvent Republican filibuster
By S.A. Miller (Contact) | Saturday, April 25, 2009

snip

The deal currently on the table foresees the expiration of Mr. Obama's signature "Make Work Pay" tax cut after 2010. The Obama tax cut reduced income taxes by $400 a year for most workers, the Associated Press reported.

The budget also is expected to end former President George W. Bush's tax cuts for middle-class and wealthy Americans, though Mr. Obama's proposals to make the rich pay more by eliminating income tax deductions for charitable gifts and mortgage interest reportedly were nixed.

How to deal with health care reform, which is still on the drawing board in Congress, was considered a critical sticking point in the budget talks. While lawmakers will continue to work on a bill through regular legislative channels, they now have the option of attaching health care reforms to the budget if they fall short.

http://washingtontimes.com/news/2009/apr/25/budget-deal-could-set-up-health-care-plan/

Kathianne
04-25-2009, 05:35 PM
20 hours 'debate.' No public input, all to get it done in 100 days. Great way to run a country,

into the ground.

red states rule
04-25-2009, 05:39 PM
20 hours 'debate.' No public input, all to get it done in 100 days. Great way to run a country,

into the ground.

Is this what Obama meant by transparency?

Sounds like what they did with the mega pork bill that contained all the political payoffs, handouts, and the AIG bonuses

God only knows what will be in this bill by the time all is said and done

PostmodernProphet
04-25-2009, 06:36 PM
20 hours 'debate.' No public input, all to get it done in 100 days.

it's so we can't accuse them of malice aforethought......

red states rule
04-25-2009, 06:39 PM
it's so we can't accuse them of malice aforethought......

No doubt the whole tax cut scheme was a conspiracy between Obama and Democrat leaders

Obama is going to say he tried to cut taxes but his party wouldn't let him.

I am going to miss that $13 a week.

red states rule
04-25-2009, 06:44 PM
I got to say for all the howling about tax increases I have yet to see any.

Did you read the OP where Dems are going to vote to do just that

Or are you are saying your beloved Dems will not raise taxes on people making less then $250,000/yr?

Rememeber Obama has already done so with the record tobacco tax increase

April15
04-25-2009, 06:49 PM

red states rule
04-25-2009, 06:53 PM

Tax raises for all, and just wait till cap & trade sends your power bill through the roof.

But you will blame Reagan and Republicnas for it and not Obama and the Dems

red states rule
04-25-2009, 06:53 PM
Hydroelectric power is what most of northern California is on. We have a fairly good sized geothermal plant 80 miles or so from here.

Cap and trade is going to be the death knell for our economy.

My utility company sent me a letter telling me to prepare for a 40% increase in my monthly utility payments.

The effect this will have on industries that produce goods and services will be catastrophic as many will be forced out of business, unemployment will dramatically increase, and the added cost for goods and services will have a devastating impact on the poor and underclass in this country.

Why are the Democrats doing this to America?

April15
04-25-2009, 06:58 PM
Tax raises for all, and just wait till cap & trade sends your power bill through the roof.

But you will blame Reagan and Republicnas for it and not Obama and the DemsHydroelectric power is what most of northern California is on. We have a fairly good sized geothermal plant 80 miles or so from here.

April15
04-25-2009, 07:09 PM
Cap and trade is going to be the death knell for our economy.

My utility company sent me a letter telling me to prepare for a 40% increase in my monthly utility payments.

The effect this will have on industries that produce goods and services will be catastrophic as many will be forced out of business, unemployment will dramatically increase, and the added cost for goods and services will have a devastating impact on the poor and underclass in this country.

Why are the Democrats doing this to America?

Because ronnie wouldn't take the hard way out of the oil embargo, now there is no easy way.

April15
04-25-2009, 07:12 PM
So now you are back to blaming Ronald Reagan :laugh2:

It was obvious to many of usThe Messiah that he could not pull that money out of his ass to pay for his trillions in new spending

We all knew the $13.00 a week (OF OUR OWN MONEY) was temporary. Obama said from the beginning that we would see $13 a week OF OUR OWN ERNED MONEY until the end of the year. In Jan 2010 we would get to keep $8a week OF OUR OWN ERNED MONEY for 6 months. Then Obama does not mention any thing after that.

The only thing Dems care about is how much more of our money can they get, and how many ways can they get it

If you wish to see life in this fashion then nothing will change your mind or position.

red states rule
04-25-2009, 07:12 PM
Because ronnie wouldn't take the hard way out of the oil embargo, now there is no easy way.

So now you are back to blaming Ronald Reagan :laugh2:

It was obvious to many of usThe Messiah that he could not pull that money out of his ass to pay for his trillions in new spending

We all knew the $13.00 a week (OF OUR OWN MONEY) was temporary. Obama said from the beginning that we would see $13 a week OF OUR OWN ERNED MONEY until the end of the year. In Jan 2010 we would get to keep $8a week OF OUR OWN ERNED MONEY for 6 months. Then Obama does not mention any thing after that.

The only thing Dems care about is how much more of our money can they get, and how many ways can they get it

red states rule
04-25-2009, 07:22 PM
If you wish to see life in this fashion then nothing will change your mind or position.

Your spin setting is set of Turbo tonight April. Nice to see you are still ducking the facts and dodging the truth

I am now waiting for you to start the "Bush spent" and ignore Obama spending more than Bush and all previous Presidents in 233 years of history COMBINED.

April, you do realize that don't you? Does Bush spending justify Obama spending exponentially more that we cannot possibly pay for even if Big Brother confiscated all wealth from every person? Yet Dems are now rready to try and rape nearly every taxpayer and take a bigger portion of their eanred income

Silver
04-26-2009, 08:22 PM

For the ultra stupid A15....Reagan wasn't president during the oil crisis of 1978-1979.....:salute:

Kathianne
04-26-2009, 08:25 PM
For the ultra stupid A15....Reagan wasn't president during the oil crisis of 1978-1979.....:salute:

He's already said he doesn't worry about what he says, does it to cause what he thinks will cause 'upheaval.' Thus just swish through what he says, perhaps he'll change at some point, but right now, self-proclaimed troll.

Jeff
04-26-2009, 08:34 PM

I guess you haven't been reading the paper , watching tv or reading this board:poke:

Jeff
04-26-2009, 08:36 PM
Hydroelectric power is what most of northern California is on. We have a fairly good sized geothermal plant 80 miles or so from here.

Hell thats just what the US needs to do , follow California's lead, LMAO,

Kathianne
04-26-2009, 08:54 PM
Hell thats just what the US needs to do , follow California's lead, LMAO,

Right. LOL!

Kathianne
04-26-2009, 08:55 PM
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Jeff again.

April15
04-26-2009, 10:07 PM
For the ultra stupid A15....Reagan wasn't president during the oil crisis of 1978-1979.....:salute:For the ultra arrogant silver, the crisis mandated the US change energy policy. As Carter laid out a policy that would have lead us out of oil dependency ronnie the poo and the fools who elected him put the US in a dependency addiction that has us by the testicles. I hope this doesn't injure your little ego.

red states rule
04-27-2009, 06:19 AM
For the ultra arrogant silver, the crisis mandated the US change energy policy. As Carter laid out a policy that would have lead us out of oil dependency ronnie the poo and the fools who elected him put the US in a dependency addiction that has us by the testicles. I hope this doesn't injure your little ego.

Lets look at Pres Peanut's poliices and how they worked

http://blogs.wncn.info/betweenthelines/files/2008/05/gas-rationing-73.png

While people waited for hours to fill their tank, Peanut did this

http://blogs.wncn.info/betweenthelines/files/2008/05/55-speed-limit.png

and this was a result of his policies and one reason why Ronald Reagan destroyed him in the 1980 election

http://blogs.wncn.info/betweenthelines/files/2008/05/gas-shortage-1979.png

red states rule
04-27-2009, 06:25 AM
Back to the topic, Obama's broken promise to pay for governement run healthcare

What the liberals do not undersatnd is that the 'Rich' are going to be downgraded to mere 'wealthy' and the poor are going to be downgraded to 'squaller'.

Also just wait until you are in the E.R. and pay a have the state carry the tab which will be higher than preventative treatment.

April15
04-27-2009, 09:22 AM
Lets look at Pres Peanut's poliices and how they worked

http://blogs.wncn.info/betweenthelines/files/2008/05/gas-rationing-73.png

While people waited for hours to fill their tank, Peanut did this

http://blogs.wncn.info/betweenthelines/files/2008/05/55-speed-limit.png

and this was a result of his policies and one reason why Ronald Reagan destroyed him in the 1980 election

http://blogs.wncn.info/betweenthelines/files/2008/05/gas-shortage-1979.png

Yes ronnie poopoo did smear him. That was a good snow job on America and Americans. Here we are almost 30 years later and still pondering how to reduce dependency on foreign oil. Carter had the answer. It is in a speech he gave.

red states rule
04-27-2009, 09:26 AM
Yes ronnie poopoo did smear him. That was a good snow job on America and Americans. Here we are almost 30 years later and still pondering how to reduce dependency on foreign oil. Carter had the answer. It is in a speech he gave.

Sorry if the facts get in way again April

I lived through those 4 years of Carter - and even CA voted against Pres Peanut

http://electoralmap.net/1980.png

PostmodernProphet
04-27-2009, 12:14 PM
I lived through those 4 years of Carter -

as did I.....it's what made me a Republican.....

April15
04-27-2009, 02:09 PM
Sorry if the facts get in way again April

I lived through those 4 years of Carter - and even CA voted against Pres Peanut

http://electoralmap.net/1980.pngCarters years were good times for me. Ragoons were not. Business was booming and the came the trickle down crap of milton Friedman and boom business went south.

red states rule
04-28-2009, 05:55 AM
Carters years were good times for me. Ragoons were not. Business was booming and the came the trickle down crap of milton Friedman and boom business went south.

How did your business do well with a prime rate of 21%? Or double digit inflation? Or near double digit unemeployment?

Pres Reagan gave the US the largest period of peace time economic growth in her history with his tax cuts and economic policies

I suspect things were not so good for you, and when you declared backruptcy you blamed the current President and not the clown that laid the foundation for your economic collapse

Silver
05-02-2009, 07:48 PM
Carters years were good times for me. Ragoons were not. Business was booming and the came the trickle down crap of milton Friedman and boom business went south.

Here is Carters energy policy....its a comical read....
http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/amex/carter/filmmore/ps_energy.html

The Carter years were the only time in my life I actually feared for the future of the Nation....interest rates around 19%....inflation about 12%....unemployment growing ... gas shortages...and this clown telling us we must drill for more oil and turn to coal...its almost laughable now in light of todays Dems practically trying to kill the coal industry of today... and flatly refusing to allow any domestic oil drilling....

Silver
05-02-2009, 07:49 PM
How did your business do well with a prime rate of 21%? Or double digit inflation? Or near double digit unemeployment?

Pres Reagan gave the US the largest period of peace time economic growth in her history with his tax cuts and economic policies

I suspect things were not so good for you, and when you declared backruptcy you blamed the current President and not the clown that laid the foundation for your economic collapse

Leave her alone....she probably hides her own Easter eggs....

red states rule
05-02-2009, 07:51 PM
Here is Carters energy policy....its a comical read....
http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/amex/carter/filmmore/ps_energy.html

The Carter years were the only time in my life I actually feared for the future of the Nation....interest rates around 19%....inflation about 12%....unemployment growing ... gas shortages...and this clown telling us we must drill for more oil and turn to coal...its almost laughable now in light of todays Dems practically trying to kill the coal industry of today... and flatly refusing to allow any domestic oil drilling....

Silver, it is people like April that have given us this "change"

Libs like April will gleefully accept any tax increase to support their messiah. Deficit spending isn't an issue now that a liberal Dem is in the White House.

I remember well the liberal rage about the Bush $400 billion deficit which amounted to approximately $1.2 trillion with hidden costs.

Do you liberals remember that? Calling April, BP, Virgil, and PB

Do you even have a clue how much money Obama is spending and the historic deficit he is creating? Or are you still staring Obama's face on the TV and slobbering all over yourselves and having orgasms and just don't care?

The idiocy and hypocrisy of the left is remarkable - but not surprising given the double standards they live by

emmett
05-02-2009, 08:09 PM

Come out of the cave once in a while. Taxes have been raised.

red states rule
05-02-2009, 08:13 PM
Come out of the cave once in a while. Taxes have been raised.

and more wil be raised

Amazing how broken promises by Obama are ignored by the liberal media - even when they hit the working middle class

During the campaign

Allow penalty-free hardship withdrawals from retirement accounts in 2008 and 2009

"Obama and Biden are calling for legislation that would allow withdrawals of 15% up to $10,000 from retirement accounts without penalty (although subject to the normal taxes). This would apply to withdrawals in 2008 (including retroactively) and 2009."

http://change.gov/agenda/economy_agenda/

Now

Penalty-free 401(k) penalty withdrawals still not on the agenda, and taxes are due next week
Updated: Friday, April 10th, 2009 | By Angie Drobnic Holan

We've tracked this promise on penalty-free 401(k) withdrawals since President Barack Obama took office. It seems like it's time to stick a fork in it and declare it done.

The measure, which Obama proposed during the fall of 2008 as the economy was swooning, would have allowed workers to take money from their 401(k) retirement accounts before retirement, but without the usual penalty of 10 percent on top of regular taxes. The idea was to help cash-strapped workers get through hard times without having to absorb penalties for their bad fortune.

The potential downside to the idea is that money taken out now won't earn compounded growth later to build wealth. Also, early withdrawals lock in market losses that might turn around in time.

Penalty-free withdrawals weren't included in the economic stimulus bill that became the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act. Nor were they part of Obama's budget outline, which Congress approved on April 2, 2009. It doesn't appear that any member of Congress has introduced such a measure. Everyone we've asked about the idea says it's not going to happen.

If this measure ever rises from the dead, we'll be happy to recalibrate the Obameter and take another look. But people across the country are preparing their taxes right now, and if they took money out of their 401(k) before retirement in 2008, that penalty will be there staring them in the face. We rate this Promise Broken.

http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/bdquery/z?d111:H.CON.RES.85: