PDA

View Full Version : Fossil hunting

jackass
04-30-2009, 11:31 AM
For Boy Scouts we are making seining screens to go fossil hunting/shark teeth hunting down at the creek down the street. I have gone before with the kids and its amazing what you can find in a little creek. Anyone else do any fossil hunting?

82Marine89
04-30-2009, 12:59 PM
I take the kids gold panning in the Sierra Nevada mountains. We have 14 pieces of gold worth about $500.00. 3 years ago it was worth about $200.00.

Good for you being with the scouts. I still have my merit badges from cub scouts and Weblos.

jackass
04-30-2009, 01:43 PM
Wow...that gold story is great! Thats really neat. When they get older I hope to bring them to other places to explore. We do have one place here called LaForge but I think they are still a bit young for that.

Mr. P
04-30-2009, 02:08 PM
Oh yea! Used to go looking for old stuff with my daughter all the time.

When she was 5 we'd go looking for dinosaur bones (her idea) nothing more than a walk in the woods really, but fun.

She'll be graduating College soon with a double major, Anthropology/Archeology and History.

Who'd a thunk it? Now try an find a job with that! :laugh2:

jackass
04-30-2009, 03:15 PM
Hahaha. Hey, who cares? If its something she really has a passion for she will be happy.

Mr. P
04-30-2009, 03:37 PM
Hahaha. Hey, who cares? If its something she really has a passion for she will be happy.

Yep..well, her school is paying her way to Greece the end of May for some archeology dig.

I'll be here...she'll be in Greece for 3 weeks..All good I guess, they do grow-up.. :thumb: