PDA

View Full Version : bush invade for the oil

manu1959
04-05-2007, 11:39 PM
too funny...let the spin on this one begin...

http://money.cnn.com/2007/04/05/news/international/iraq_oil/index.htm

Despite claims by some critics that the Bush administration invaded Iraq to take control of its oil, the first contracts with major oil firms from Iraq's new government are likely to go not to U.S. companies, but rather to companies from China, India, Vietnam, and Indonesia.

First, less constrained by Western sanctions during the Hussein regime, they've been operating in Iraq and know the country's oilfields....

looks like the sanctions worked against us?

04-06-2007, 02:40 AM
Well this is definitely interesting.

gabosaurus
04-13-2007, 09:44 AM
Get real. Bush did not invade for oil. He invaded because Saddam trash talked his daddy. Now Saddam is dead. And so are over 3,000 American troops.
A fair exchange, says the Shrub. :cheers2:

manu1959
04-13-2007, 09:46 AM
Get real. Bush did not invade for oil. He invaded because Saddam trash talked his daddy. Now Saddam is dead. And so are over 3,000 American troops.
A fair exchange, says the Shrub. :cheers2:

as reasonable as your post.........

Gunny
04-13-2007, 12:50 PM
as reasonable as your post.........

Back to the topic ... Iwish Bush would hurry up and steal some of that oil and relieve gas prices before they go up much higher.:laugh2:

Samantha
04-13-2007, 01:04 PM
From the link in the OP.
"Giving out a few crumbs to the Chinese and Indians is one thing," said Kretzmann, who noted the draft law was seen by both the Bush administration and the International Monetary Fund before it was given to Iraq's parliament. "But the real prize are the contracts that award long-term rights. I think the [Western oil companies] are biding their time."

Do any of you really believe the US invaders and occupiers will not get the big long term contracts?

Don't be so naive.

Gunny
04-13-2007, 01:08 PM
From the link in the OP.

Do any of you really believe the US invaders and occupiers will not get the big long term contracts?

Don't be so naive.

Before or after the Dems pull the plug and we leave Joe Average Iraq defenseless against a bunch of cutthroats and thieves?

manu1959
04-13-2007, 01:20 PM
From the link in the OP.

Don't be so naive.

and which big bad oli company do you think will get the contracts?

Dilloduck
04-13-2007, 02:05 PM
From the link in the OP.

Don't be so naive.

and I assume you are really happy about this?

Gunny
04-13-2007, 02:08 PM
and I assume you are really happy about this?

It isn't going to happen, dillo. First, which oil coporations are solely American owned?

Second, as I stated before, we will not be looked upon too favorably by Iraqis if and when the Dem's pull the plug on the military. Then, whoever has control will likely sell out to someone they DO look upon favorably.

Dilloduck
04-13-2007, 02:17 PM
It isn't going to happen, dillo. First, which oil coporations are solely American owned?

Second, as I stated before, we will not be looked upon too favorably by Iraqis if and when the Dem's pull the plug on the military. Then, whoever has control will likely sell out to someone they DO look upon favorably.

I just get a kickout of liberals who are hoping to see American Oil companies get the shaft.

Gunny
04-13-2007, 02:21 PM
I just get a kickout of liberals who are hoping to see American Oil companies get the shaft.

They have the perfect scenario set up ... it's lose-lose for the US, no matter what. And they'll blame it on Bush.

Dilloduck
04-13-2007, 02:27 PM
They have the perfect scenario set up ... it's lose-lose for the US, no matter what. And they'll blame it on Bush.

naturally-----while at the same time all this is happening, they are busy doing -----what is it do they claim to be doing again? Oh ya---they are pulling the troops out of Iraq because that's what the "people" want. :laugh2:

glockmail
04-13-2007, 02:27 PM
Why? They've been giving America the shaft for years.